[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone else here have terrible relations with their parents?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 7

File: 12345.jpg (46KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
12345.jpg
46KB, 512x512px
Does anyone else here have terrible relations with their parents?

>tfw I had to move out because it was too toxic to stay.
>>
>>34130788
yes. My mom is an alcoholic wreck. It gets slightly better when my dad comes home for the weekend.

I hate the house we live in. Mom's idead of interior decorating pisses me off. Everything is falling apart. It's just saddening.

I can't afford to move out though, and I wouldn't want to unless I could afford my own place. Tradin one set of assholes for another doesn't appeal to me. .
>>
>>34130788
My mother is currently in prison for nearly killing a young woman. She was 55 when this happened and she's still not progessed past the age of 16.

My father killed himself 6 months after I was born.

Meth is one hell of a drug, kids.
>>
>>34130788
No. I love my parents. I moved out of town last year but I still come and visit one weekend a month with them. I like to go on walks with my mom and work on building projects around the house with my dad.
>>
>>34130788
mum was in denial, a martyr and refused to meet my father halfway

dad was a wreck from years of drug abuse and a cycle of jesus and drinking. He was a deeply unhappy man, probably bi-polar and refused to meet my mother halfway.

After the breakup dad fall apart and mum moved several hours away and refused to acknowledge he ever existed. I speak to neither of them
>>
Bump, surely others have experienced this feel too.
>>
no. even though i'm an unemployed alcoholic and ex drug-addict my parents have constantly been my best friends and biggest supporters, through their hard work they funded my college education and provided me in 2014 with ~$60,000 which i've surprisingly managed not to squander and actually increase the total value of by 8-10% per year (currently worth around $85,000 today), and are the humans i maintain regular social contact with. i love them to death.
>>
30 year old HHKV NEET here. Never moved out, parents don't even nag me anymore. They've just accepted me this way and gave up trying to get me to become a normalfag.
>>
My parents love me. Step-parents were abusive tho.My parents came to their senses and left them. My ex step-dad is in prison, so life is pretty swell.
>>
>>34130788
my step dad is a fat, cocky,redneck, piece of shit. I told him to fuck himself and I moved out, and moved in with my dad and grandma only lived with them for like a year before moving back here with my mom. My step dad rarely talks to me because I'll just tell him to fuck off and I think my mom told him to shut his mouth
>>
>>34130788
Kinda. I love them and I know they love me, but goddamn this is a toxic place to be.

>constant messes from nobody picking up/cleaning anything without being asked
>patio was literally covered in cigarette butts and empty packs before I cleaned it
>messiness exacerbated by 6 y/o sister (who has never picked up after herself once in her life) and 1 y/o brother (who loves playing with his own feces)

Some people have it worse off, sure, but it's still frustrating as hell.
>>
Hmm.. my relationship with my parents isn't too great. I'm a 22 year old alcoholic with a DUI. After I got sentenced, they took down my bedroom door so I can't drink in the house anymore. It really sucks having absolutely no privacy. They also paid the first $100 for my court fees, so they took my tv and PS4 out of my room. Kind of sucks since I bought them, but it's there house and I owe them money, so whatever. They have also hidden my car keys to the car I bought, but my license is currently suspended, so maybe that's a good thing. Still kind of annoying though. I don't talk to my dad at all, but my mom is still pretty cool, although often a bitch. I spend most of my time at my gfs house. I stay here weeks at a time.
>>
>>34130788

I don't think my family/parents have thought critically about anything.

It makes me sad.
>>
File: image.jpg (285KB, 1193x1182px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
285KB, 1193x1182px
>mom doesn't like me and prefers my brother much more
>don't really speak to any of them
>can't have any sort of discussion with either of the two
>dad has been divorced with my mom for four years now
>he loves me but I feel so enstranged when around him
>don't feel like he's part of my family because of how little time we spend together
>he barely spent time with my brother and I when we were little because of work
>feel awkward when around him

I'm with >>34130916 I want to move out but don't want to trade up by having to pay to live with potential assholes with a whole host of their own problems.

I wish I lived with a family that was always happy, always doing things together and just enjoying eachother's time. Any small question I ask my mom, she always has an attitude or flat out ignores me.
>>
File: Me irl metaphorically.png (359KB, 452x710px) Image search: [Google]
Me irl metaphorically.png
359KB, 452x710px
I live with my mom, and she's alright, except for when she freaks out about small things. I don't talk to my dad much, because I think that he thinks that I don't want to talk to him very much. We also don't have much in common. He's an extrovert who knows, and talks to everybody, and loves sports, and I'm the opposite. I do constantly feel guilty about not calling him too often, as well as not being in my half sister's life doing brother shit.
>>
File: 1484335447916.gif (371KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1484335447916.gif
371KB, 400x300px
Props to you OP, i plan to go No Contact at the first opportunity presenting itself aswell and recommend it strongly to everyone ITT who's in the same boat.

>nmom is an alcoholic attention whore control freak who throws tantrums over nothing/naggs constantly and frequently suffers (partially faked) mental breakdowns, likes to stir up shit and create drama out of nothing when she's bored
>Her mother-in-law who is also a narcicisst ostracized/drove away half the extended family and most of the former acquaintances at this point with her scapegoating and shitty dismissive, indifferent and flippant demeanor which she also trains her flying monkeys and enablers in too

Nobody deserves to grow up in this kind of toxic and highly abusive environment. When i started lurking on RBN self-help sites and realized the scale of the gaslighting and emotional/physical abuse that was going on it was like reading the story of my life up until now in condensed form. It's amazing really, like i've known that my family of origin was severely dysfunctional and toxic for quite some time now but only fairly recently when they pulled that shit on christmas eve did it dawn on me that we're talking full-blown narcicissm here. Like i said i'm by far not the first one in the family to have been systematically scapegoated in this manner either, there's actually half a dozen family members who went no contact before me after narc gMother and her flying monkeys scapegoated them. I actually called her out on that too so she knows i'm up to her antics now.
>>
File: 23.png (196KB, 442x450px) Image search: [Google]
23.png
196KB, 442x450px
Her latest narc meltdown episode yesterday was funny also;

>Sibling's birthday coming up, nmom's been acting neurotic and making a huge deal out of it for more than a month now (which is funny because she does the opposite on my bdays ofc)
>Lied to me about the present (it's the sibling going on a trip together with the designated golden child brother who's a spoiled cowardous little brat well aware of his favoured position within the narc nexus using it against the scapegoat in all manner of ways)
>Lied to me about the number of people that would attend (way more than she told me at first, also narcGmom and some guy who's not even part of the family whom i dislike for various reasons, he basically acted as the narc's replacement for me last christmas eve)
>Picked the worst fucking day too
>Sit her down and before i even say anything she's already blaming/criticizing and screaming at me over nothing
>Proceed anyways, tell her of the agreement i reached with LCsis of me being abstinent during the narcfest
>At first made a sour face but didn't seem to react/seemingly accept it no questions asked, but then just as the convo was about to close peacefully/had already ended without a hitch nmom saw and took her chance and literally jumped up from the chair/out of the blue launched her opening attack strikes by verbally assaulting me claiming that it "i just didn't want to come just because of [that guy mentioned above]".
>Total fucking bullshit of course, but this seemed to have been the first thing that came to her mind to shame me with
>Remind her "I just laid out to you the various reasons preventing me from coming, and that the sibling is perfectly content with it too so don't try to cause some huge drama out of this. That job application also has to be sent out at the latest on that day before the deadline expires, as i have just explained to you in great detail. So don't make up random bullshit and then falsely claim it's the reason i won't be attending."
>>
File: Gondola_salvador_dali.png (33KB, 674x425px) Image search: [Google]
Gondola_salvador_dali.png
33KB, 674x425px
>(cont.)
>Temporarily shifts back to pretending to have forgotten i had told her this and then starts screaming again, later on implies that it's somehow because of the restaurant itself though nmom likely knows she's grasping at straws with this bizarre bullshit strawman she just completely made up then and there

Just as i thought, her narc behaviour was way too fucking predictable. Like a drowning person grasping after a lifeboat, after she realized i had emancipated myself/blocked her feeble attempts at extracting nsupply and causing drama from this she panicked/short-circuited and literally went for the most inane and petty lie she could make up on the fly (me being abstinent "just because of that guy" lel) and just rolled with it/blurted it out like it was some sort of fact she could now gossip about behind my back like nmom always does.

She basically acted like a defiant immature child flipping over the table after the boardgame was already over because it had just been flawlessly beaten. It was fascinating to watch really, unfortunately it also made me temporarily lose my calm and give her the nsupply she so badly aimed to get with her unwarranted drama theatralics. For the sake of shaming/scapegoating and victim-blaming me she literally dismissed everything i had just calmly explained to her and reframed the entire thing to get her nsupply from me and push me into the role of the scapegoat again/make me feel bad and "guilty". Although of course i also did call her out on her not being able to guilt-trip and scapegoat me. She was throwing a fit because i had broken through her artifical boundaries and escaped her abusive dynamic once and for all making nmom lose her iron grip on me.
>>
File: 1479256896836.jpg (43KB, 800x790px) Image search: [Google]
1479256896836.jpg
43KB, 800x790px
My sibling whom i had reached said agreement with earlier also told me she fully understood why i wouldn't be attending (especially after what took place on xmas, which in itself was designed by the narc to deliberately mirror the christmas ostracization of one of the other previous scapegoats mentioned above before she went No Contact). She just wants to avoid a repition of that drama, which is reasonable and understandable.

She also gets the scapegoat treatment every now and then by the two head matriarch narcicissts so she knows what it's like (plus maybe she feels guilty for having given me such a demeaning present on my last bday). Her being fully understanding and sane/collected about it also helped me realize how truly fucking insane and disordered nmom actually is in contrast, throwing a tantrum over somebody else's birthday like that even though the bday person itself is perfectly content with it and not spiteful at all. In hindsight nmom's almost as bad as narc granny, but she doesn't quite reach the same levels of remorseless machiavellian inhumanity and manipulative, souless two-facedness imo - Or at least not just yet. One thing i noticed about people like this is that they tend to get much worse as they grow older and their deluded view of themselves evaporates.

As soon as i bugged out from this shitfest and settled into the new place i'm going to change my number also so they can't contact me anymore under any circumstances, that's for sure.
>>
>>34130788
interracial adoptee. Dad is a fat fucking pussy who is terrible with money, horrible sense of humor, and a general piece of shit. slob.
mom is an old hag with no friends and is absolutely insane. is also stupid as shit. is also fat and disgusting and horrible hygiene as well but not as bad as my dad
dad being a pussy faggot bitch is so bad. a male with no father figure turns into a fuckin pussy. had to learn to be a man by myself
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.