[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/r9k/ help me with something stupid. A job asked me to email

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: MEME.png (2MB, 1360x768px) Image search: [Google]
MEME.png
2MB, 1360x768px
/r9k/ help me with something stupid.

A job asked me to email them to confirm a time for an interview. I sent them an email saying

>"I am writing to RSVP for my (position) interview scheduled on such and such time."

Is it clear that this is a confirmation? Or could "RSVP" be misconstrued? I don't want to send another email clarifying, that'd look horrible.

Fug

Pic unrelated
>>
Can anyone calm me down here? I don't want to lose a job over something so minor.
>>
Why didn't you keep it to a simple sentence then? Don't be stupid, it's not like they'd suddenly refuse if you turned up at that time.
>>
>>34129198
I wasn't thinking, and tend to over analyze these things after the fact.

The job I'm applying for is just very competitive; several candidates were given interview times, and if we don't send a confirmation they'll assume we're no longer interested in the position. I'm just worried they'll read what I sent and somehow interpret it as anything but a confirmation.

I'm ridiculous, I know. Reading that greentexted sentence, does it sound like a confirmation?
>>
This is the most autistic shit I've seen on here.
>>
RSVP isn't the phrase that I would have used, but don't worry it's totally fine. To me it is completely clear. RSVP comes across as maybe a touch odd, but I don't see how it could be misconstrued. I don't think that it will lead to any confusion or hurt your prospects in any way.

The truth is that in the real world small mistakes like this happen all the time and aren't a big deal.
>>
>>34129253
idk whats RSVP but it seems like a confirnation to me. next time please dont use any informal language when talking to your boss/potential employer because it's just not professional
also wait for their reply like a day or two and then send another email saying if they got the firat one and you would like to confirm the date of the interview once again
good luck anon
>>
>>34129868
>>34129922

Thank you. In retrospect it was obviously the wrong phrasing to reply with, I was just too excited in getting back to them. Thanks for putting my mind at ease, anons!
>>
RSVP is French initials for "please respond" typically put on a party invitation. You don't "RSVP" back you just Reply or Respond or Confirm.

It's obvious what you meant from context but they might not like your grammar
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.