[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Imagine your life being so empty, your heart and mind being so

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 4

File: 1420112907201.png (243KB, 550x535px) Image search: [Google]
1420112907201.png
243KB, 550x535px
Imagine your life being so empty,
your heart and mind being so void,
that you actively care about "fashion".
What is wrong with people?
>>
>>34127829
It's called having fun. People can tell the kind of person you are by what you wear. Also, clothing is a great way to express yourself. Honestly, it kind of freaks me out when I find out somebody doesn't care about their personal appearance. Like, what has to happen in your life that you don't feel the need to keep up with basic trends that will make you look like, you know...a normal human being?!
TL;DR you need a more evolved way of thinking
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (60KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
60KB, 1280x720px
OP is too autistic to understand self expression.
>>
>>34127829
>>>>>>fa
does that work?
or
>>>/fa/
to sum it up: bee skinny
>>
>>34127877
I genuinely can't tell if your post is sarcastic or sincere.
Why would you need to keep up with entirely subjective fashion trends?
Does fashion have any measurable effect on the advancement of society as a whole?
>>
>>34127829
honey u hav to liv ur life to the fullest nd b crazzi nd wild of course u hav to look good u no u dont liv for ever money can *** nd go but life only cumz 1nce i put it in a way farr farr off frum hollister nd a&e
>>
>>34127986
It shows that you're a person with empathy. Caring about what others are wearing and wanting to fit in, studies have shown, can lead to greater empathy.
People who hate fashion are most likely angry, bitter outcasts, much like yourself.
>>
>>34127877
>>34128096

nope, this bait
>>
>>34128118
I'm 100% serious, though. My wife works in fashion, and I believe getting involved in fashion has made me a better husband and person in general.
>>
>>34127829
>>34127877
>Probably be autistic
>get into fashion
>try hardest to dress in clothes that look or resembles clothes from the 1980s.
>even bought 1984 Nissan 300zx
>Mostly just dress like Brian Johnson from breakfast club or your average jock (jeans and basic bright colored tees) from the 1980s.

You are an obsession
>>
>>34127829
Fashion is not something that you care about as much as it is something that you can participate in.
>>
>>34127829
I care about fashion. I enjoy looking good. When you look good, you feel good. Maybe this is why women are attracted to me and not you.
>>
It's a means to an end more than anything.

I was an 'individualist' contrarian autist just like you but no one likes a white new balance and undersized sweatpants wearing faggot.
>>
File: image.jpg (112KB, 750x721px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
112KB, 750x721px
Why wouldn't one want to look presentable? Part of being cool is looking cool.
>>
>>34127877
>People can tell the kind of person you are by what you wear.

I wear brown shoes, loose fitting clothes in dull colors like olive and gray and brown. Usually just cargo pants and a turtleneck. Tell me the ultimate truths of who I am as a person.
>>
I don't have a head for it, but I can see why it becomes a hobby, and the thing is that everybody basically has to wear clothes, so for a fashionista to see people walk around in whatever it must be like a weeb having to watch everyone they know watch "pleb tier" anime wherever they go.
>>
>>34128560
you're a boring person with no personality
>>
>>34127829
A lot of people think like you, OP.

And most of these people don't actually understand fashion and what it is.

But it all boils down to the fact that some people just want to look nice.
>>
File: IMG_1186.jpg (81KB, 580x739px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1186.jpg
81KB, 580x739px
>>34128560
It means you have no defining personality traits to speak of which is why you paint yourself in drab.

t. wear the same clothes
>>
Poe's Law is in full force ITT
>>
>>34128560
You're incredibly unremarkable and forgettable.
>>
>>34128560
>cargo pants
>turtle neck

PAinfully autistic.
>>
>>34127877
I don't mind people having fun with their clothes, but
>PEOPLE CAN TELL THE KIND OF PERSON YOU ARE BY WHAT YOU WEAR.

you are what is wrong with the world.
>>
>>34128680
Yep.
Like when you see some fashion sheep, it's almost always a narcissist who's insecure deep inside.
>>
>>34127877
>People can tell the kind of person you are by what you wear

Yeah, just like how I can tell you're a huge faggot based on your post.
>>
>>34128560
I feel like when someone always dresses in dull colors, that says something about how secure they are with themselves. I used to be afraid of wearing colors other than black because it was easy to wear, no one would call me tacky, I'd always match, etc. I was even uncomfortable in that because I was still unsure if I looked good.

Now that I'm more comfortable in my own skin, I wear more flamboyant shit.
>>
>>34128644
i don't understand how a person expresses personality traits through their clothing. it's fabric that you use to cover your body in various colors and shapes.

and it seems that the purpose of fashion is to wear what other people are wearing lately. isn't this the opposite of expression? it seems to be something most people care about because it allows them to fit in rather than something they do to stand out.
>>
>Wear a black or white plain t-shirt with jeans and brown boots

I know, I am pretty much a fashionista.
>>
>>34128680
Usually yeah to be honest.

I'm sorry that you don't like it but it's literally the way the world works.

You're pointing fingers to anon but if you see a girl dressed in a slutty way you'll automatically think of her as a slut.

Yeah sure most people won't notice if your shoes are X or Y brand but they'll notice your overall appearence and judge you based on it, and your clothes impact that heavily.
>>
I'm in my 30s and still wear clothes I was wearing in high school, some of which were hand-me-downs from my dad at the time, like his old jeans.

I'm not anti-fashion, I'm anti-consumption regarding fashion because I'm gunning for very early retirement, by 40 at the latest. Everyone else looks better, but I've got significantly more money than them. Fair trade, but I'd be lying if I said I'm not a bit jealous of a well dressed man.
>>
>>34128680
Not him, but is he wrong? If he wasn't, people wouldn't care when black guys walked around with their pants sagging. And I'm sure there are people in this thread right now who hate how black people dress.

If you dress well, people assume you're confident and look after yourself.

If you wear Charlie Sheen bowling shirts, cargo shorts and Nike Air Monarchs, then people assume you're a piece of shit.

If you take it back to the caveman days, which caveman did they think more highly of? The one with the skirt made out of lion skin or the one who made his out of leaves?
>>
>>34128771
Go to a thrift store anon, you won't spend much and you can find some stuff that you might like.
>>
The purpose of fashion is to equalize.
You can put a monkey in a suit.
>>
>>34128788
>Not him, but is he wrong? If he wasn't, people wouldn't care when black guys walked around with their pants sagging. And I'm sure there are people in this thread right now who hate how black people dress.
I really don't give a shit how much people sag their pants.

>If you dress well, people assume you're confident and look after yourself.
>If you wear Charlie Sheen bowling shirts, cargo shorts and Nike Air Monarchs, then people assume you're a piece of shit.
This is one of the last kinds of classism that is still socially acceptable to be explicit about. "Good clothes" are more expensive and some people can't afford it.

>If you take it back to the caveman days, which caveman did they think more highly of? The one with the skirt made out of lion skin or the one who made his out of leaves?
Right, if cavemen did it it must be a good idea.
>>
>>34128771
Fashion doesn't mean you have to spend an arm and a leg. You don't have to buy designer clothes.

>>34128760
Have you ever played a video game where you customized your character? Have you ever played GTA San Andreas? Did you just leave CJ walking around in a muscle tee and jeans? Have you ever made up a superhero and designed their outfit?

You get to customize yourself like a video game. "Fashion" doesn't mean you try to look exactly like everyone else. People actually admire you more when you do your own thing, and I don't mean what you wear. What you wear is just lazy.
>>
>>34128907
>Have you ever played a video game where you customized your character? Have you ever played GTA San Andreas?
Yes
>Did you just leave CJ walking around in a muscle tee and jeans?
Yes.
My favorite game is NetHack.
>>
>>34127829
Anon, normies care about fashion because in their world it's actually an investment. The better you look the more advantages you have in life, and when all of your friends are just as baseline attractive and fit.... you've gotta wear good clothes. Falling behind would be the worst thing ever so slip into the /fa/ meme.
>>
>>34128927
Are you just pretending you don't get his point?
>>
>>34128862
Good clothes can be cheap as hell. I don't like to spend over $100 on anything other than jackets, coats or shoes. I'm not one of these clowns who spends a grand on jeans. I'll gladly go to Target and buy my whole wardrobe there if it looks good. Everyone can afford to look good. Not everyone can afford Versace and Louis Vuitton but everyone can afford clothes that look good.

>Right, if cavemen did it if must be a good idea
Why do people dismiss ancient humans so much as if what they did has no bearing on what we do today? There's not much difference between a caveman and a houseman in 2017.
>>
>>34128955
I don't agree with the point.
You can just as well distinguish yourself intellectually.
Do you think people care what a theoretical physicist wears?
Wait, not everyone can do that. Hence fashion, as the lowest common denominator.
>>
>>34128907
>Fashion doesn't mean you have to spend an arm and a leg.
That depends on your definition of an arm and a leg. Up to a certain point, price is indicative of quality, but it's a matter of being able to tell what quality is and not just buying brand-name expensive shit. I spent $250 on some decent boots the other month, which, in my opinion, is very cheap, especially for a decently constructed MTO boot, but many would consider that "expensive." However, past a certain price range you're paying for the aesthetic or the "name" over pure quality.

I'm not saying to be "fashionable" everyone needs to go out and buy expensive, designer stuff, but there is a level of expense involved that many people are simply not comfortable with paying. Then again, most people won't notice the stitching, or the quality of the material and pay more attention to how the fit of the clothing complements your build or silhouette, so on the one hand, you're right, but on the other hand, to be fashion-conscious you have to accept that to get above average quality clothing you'll need to spend more money than you're used to.

But then again, fashion should be something for the individual's satisfaction, and not for the satisfaction of others, in my opinion.
>>
>>34127829
honestly OP everyone develops their own fashion style.

I developed my very drab style of blacks and muted greens with some reds mixed in, it formed after years of isolation especially during my teen years. I moved around a lot so I couldn't really keep any friends or hobbies so I just sort of acted the ghost. I'm still like that, I live without much attention from anybody and part of the reason I think is because of my clothing.

'hey do you know anon?'
'no describe him to me'
'brown hair, blue eyes, wears black clothing a lot'
'which one?'
>>
>>34129011
You can't distinguish yourself intellectually unless you're going around trying to show everyone how smart you are.
>>
>>34129128
I just have to write a good piece of software.
>>
>>34129154
You still won't be distinguishing yourself unless you walk around showing everyone your software.
>>
>>34127829
I don't understand. What's wrong with wanting to look good? Even dressing /slightly/ better than a t-shirt makes me feel a hell of a lot better and confident
>>
>>34129211
The sliver of validation from fellow programmers is enough for me.

My ego really doesn't need much more.
>>
>>34129252
>makes me feel a hell of a lot better and confident
That's great, but don't you know that you're still the same person, just in different clothes?
>>
>>34129011
I didn't ask if you agreed or not.

And people absolutely care about the way a theoretical physicist dressess because not everyone will even know or care about his job. Don't be dense.

Being well dressed is as important as having an overall healthy appearence (being in shape, clean etc)
>>
>>34127829
i agree that it's not an intelligent focus but the same can be said for many other things, even video games to an extent. nothing is real. it's all pointless and vapid, doesn't make a difference in real life.
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.