[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do atheism and nihilism go hand in hand? I think they do. Truly

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

File: 1484003414683.jpg (327KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1484003414683.jpg
327KB, 1920x1080px
Do atheism and nihilism go hand in hand?
I think they do.
Truly a horrible belief system, even if it is the most pragmatic.
>b..but muh fedora
ok
>>
File: Christfags BTFO.gif (486KB, 450x296px) Image search: [Google]
Christfags BTFO.gif
486KB, 450x296px
>>34127010
>taking everything literally means you're extra intellient and pragmatic
>>
not really, you can give meaning to your life and be atheist
>>
>>34127075
Of course you can but it's entirely subjective and doesn't invalidate nihilism
>>
>>34127085
so whats the difference between nihilism and existentialism? I thought the pursuit of meaning in the nihilistic sense was meaningless.
>>
I am an atheist, and without the ever looming goal of the afterlife, I have decided to try and be as happy as I can be before I die. I don't delude myself into trying to find "meaning" in my life, I just stay healthy and happy, until I die.
>>
Here I found an image, I don't know if it's correct though.
>>
how about atheism and hedonism?
they go hand in hand for me.
>>
>>34127157
Hopefully you die soon fag
>>
File: 1480306120571.jpg (60KB, 500x450px) Image search: [Google]
1480306120571.jpg
60KB, 500x450px
>>34127010
>Do atheism and nihilism go hand in hand?
No. Nihilism has been memed down to bascaily "nuttn matters" when the reality is a a lot. darker then most would follow. It is the rejection of all religious and moral principles as well as maintaining that nothing in the world has a real existence. Nihilism is finding no joy and being just a bad day away from bullet. Atheism has also been butchered to death but in the opposite way ironically, people take it as this weird stance that nothing has a point when really all it means is a disbelief or lack of belief in the existence of gods. You can have faith and be an atheist, you can believe in cosmic powers, you just don't hold a the idea to an all being(s) controlling everything.
Some how kids get those two logics butchered to where you think they are interchangeable when they have about as much in common as fire and ice.
>>
>>34127197
It's watered down but it's closer to the heart of it.
>>
File: 45621162567247.jpg (77KB, 1544x800px) Image search: [Google]
45621162567247.jpg
77KB, 1544x800px
>>34127157
>I don't delude myself into trying to find "meaning" in my life,
>I just stay healthy and happy, until I die
that is meaning ya dummy. It's called hedonism.
>>
Atheism going hand in hand with faux-nihilism or hedonism depends on whether the non-believer embraces "atheist culture." That is, actively trying to destroy traditional cultural norms because they tend to have some historical basis in religion.
>>
No. Atheism used to be considered hand in hand with humanism. It's perfectly compatible with the idea that human life, well being, and thought have subjective value.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.