[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hello guys. it's my birthday does anyone have any ideas

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

hello guys. it's my birthday does anyone have any ideas on how to spend it
>>
>>34114944
Start a new skill. Language on dulingo or wood working maybe.
>>
drugs and or prostitutes
>>
>>34114944
>reminding me that we literally spend our birthdays alone

unironically want to fucking kill normies now
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 2000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 2000x3000px
>>34114944
>>34114962
Also have a smirkfu
>>
>>34114962
i used to do some German on Rosetta stone. but the program fucked up (torrented) but thank you for the suggestion i'm gonna do that right now
>>
>>34114966
you gonna pay?
>>
>>34114974

I used to feel this way, but now I realize the biggest reason why I never found myself in those 'fun' situations is that I actually don't enjoy them. I am now content to be alone most of the time and just hang out with my 1 or 2 good friends. But I also have a girlfriend whom I bone like every day, so your mileage may vary.

Try more low-key activities like having coffee with a smart friend and you'll probably find that that's the sort of thing you *actually* want to be doing, not pretending to chad at the club. You feel me, brother?
>>
>>34114944
For what it's worth, happy birthday robot. I spent mine alone and miserable. At the very least, get yourself some weed, booze, and play some vidja.
>>
go to a pizza place with an arcade
>not chuckie cheese's or anything luke that
>make sure they have good games
>>
>>34115050
Not OP, but I just wanted to say I actually took that advice to heart. You're absolutely right. Thanks man.
>>
>>34115062
i'd smoke weed if i could, but it gives me depersonilization so i think im gonna go with the booze and vidya. thank you for the suggestion
>>
>>34115050
that's good advice man
>>
>>34115062

Please actually don't do drugs or alcohol. I tried this for a while, thought it was working, but now that I've totally quit, I realized that both of those things (but especially alcohol) push your thoughts into much darker places, even days after you use them.

I'll bet everyone here thinks sobriety is a meme, but your depression will be much different, and less despairing, when you quit the drugs. I'm not saying I'm not depressed anymore, but I feel a hell of a lot better.
>>
>>34115097

If you want some slightly stranger advice that worked quite well for me, just leave your house at like 8am and keep walking all day until you're absolutely exhausted. Then walk home. Then do it again the next day. Just being physically tired and out of the house subtly changed my perspective and I started to feel significantly less depressed.

Getting drunk is not going to help at all and will almost certainly make your depression worse.
>>
>>34115190
I'll be sure to try that out man. thank you
>>
>>34115190
what do you do once you feel less depressed from this method?
>>
>>34115216

And if you don't already get 'cravings' for alcohol/don't get triggered by certain events (e.g. "it's friday night and I'm alone, time to get drunk"), don't go any further with it. If you stop before you get in the habit of it, you won't feel tempted. The damage increases with the usage, which increases the temptation. Psychologically, it's a lot easier to nip this bud now, rather than later. I had to drag myself out of a drug/alcohol hole and, believe me, it was a lot easier to not do drugs *before* I was in that spiral. Just don't even go there. Alcohol and weed are treated very casually by society, but for people who (to be honest) have mental illnesses such as ourselves, they are an incredible implement of self-destruction. The worst part is that they rarely kill you! They simply make an already sad life worse and worse, without shortening it.
>>
>>34115325
i hardly drink honestly. like once a month or less than that. but thank you for the concern. i appreciate it.
>>
>>34114944
get drunk, smoke a joint. listen to serbian war music. drink. smoke. some more serbian chetnik music. works like a charm.
>>
>>34115283

For one, I keep exercising and physically exhausting myself with some regularity. For whatever reason, being physically stronger and exercising makes you feel less depressed. This as been studied and confirmed by science, I believe, but the effect is so convincing that once you try it, you will only need our own anecdotal evidence to believe it through and through. I read, study, and work every day. To go a single day without any of those is a recipe for depression. I also worked to find like-minded friends (and you only need one or two) who wanted to go for a hike or a coffee maybe once a week. From here, you will begin to have a feeling of strength and self-efficacy, and the time outside and in the woods should give you some perspective on the enormous size of the world and your (thank god!) irrelevance. Once I really thought about my irrelevance and my impermanence, my anxiety began to alleviate and I could start toward other things that I wanted, like participating in dating and local politics.

The point is really just to keep busy. The role of the exercise is to structure everything. It will keep your sleep deep and regular and, for whatever reason, it dramatically increases your feelings of self-efficacy, which makes a bit of sense. Man was not meant to sit in a chair all day, so it makes sense that your chemistry would get misaligned when you spend your life that way.

There is no 'point' to all of this (or life), but you can thrill yourself with victories simply by how they *feel* (because your body is programmed to *feel* them, not *think* about them). I don't feel now, any more than when I was really depressed, that my life is super meaningful in some grand way, but those thoughts have far less power over the chemistry of the body than physical actions and the reward systems in your body. Only when you deprive the body of the rewards it expects naturally can the abstract thinking that comes with feelings of diffidence/meaninglessness win out.
>>
>>34114962
You sound like an old friend on mine that I use to hate. Faggot
>>
>>34114944
Happy Birthday, fellow robot!!!!

you should spend your birthday doing whatever you like, but normally don't do.
>>
My birthday just passed and I realized that as an adult, if you want anyone to give a shit about your birthday, you have to do give a shit yourself. If you sit around all depressed and say shit like "It's just another day" that's exactly what other people are going to think, and maybe they'll do a little something with/for you out of pity. If you don't want that (and who does) then you have to make your own plans, and you have to spend the rest of the year nurturing the kind of relationships where people will want to do shit with you. Personally, I plan on going on a trip somewhere alone for my next bday. I've never really traveled alone and I think it will be an awesome experience. I'm really looking forward to it.
>>
>>34115606
why do you write like a normie/reddit
>>
>>34115399

This is a horrible idea. You'll just wake up hungover and hazed out the next day, having made no progress toward anything that would lead to more sustainable satisfaction.
>>
>>34114966

^This is excellent advice, desu
Oregano
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.