[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

HOW CAN ANYONE THINK THAT KIRK IS A BETTER CAPTAIN THAN PICARD,

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: picard.jpg (7KB, 299x168px) Image search: [Google]
picard.jpg
7KB, 299x168px
HOW CAN ANYONE THINK THAT KIRK IS A BETTER CAPTAIN THAN PICARD, ARE YOU FUCKERS STUPID?

Picard is a fierce leader who always considers all options before taking action, he cares for the safety of his crew and uses his brains to lead intelligently, Kirk is a petulant child who couldn't throw a punch to save his fucking life and rushes into everything gun blazing like a fucking idiot, constantly getting red-shirts killed for no other reason than his own fucking ego.

Give me one good reason, one good fucking reason you think Kirk is a good captain, I'll fucking wait nerds.
>>
>>34112425
Kirk has a charm unlike Picard.
>>
>>34112445
Are you out of your fucking mind?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45VAelC_QsI
How can you not think this is fucking charming?
>>
>>34112425
Did I get sent back to 2002?
Not that I'm complaining. I'm always up for a good picard vs. kirk debate.
>>
>>34112445
Picard has plenty of charm and charisma, particularly in delicate diplomatic situations
>>
>>34112581
Exactly. Kirk is an hedonist. Piccard is an explorator, a diplomat and a talented military commander.
>>
you know most everyone on those ships would of spent most of their time in their rooms talking to one another on the computer having facebook esque arguments over petty stuff
>>
>>34113731
my point is, kirk didn't get those redshirts killed, they were kind of looking forward to valhalla due to boredom and being cuckold drones on the ship
>>
>>34113731
>>34113753
You're out of your fucking mind, most of them spent their freetime playing games on the holodeck.

Kirk did get the redshirts killed because he would always just send people out to look at shit before thinking it through. he had no leadership skills.
>>
>>34113861
This.

Kirk was literally so empressed to explore (kind of like a kid being let into a fair without parental surveillance) that he literally put most if not all of his parties in danger.

Kirk NEEDED a superior for his brash behavior.
>>
>>34113885
Well... you know at least your going to hell and back with Kirk.

Picard is likely to write a report about the potentials of "going to hell and back" but is less likely to go.
>>
>>34113861
no way, there wasn't enough holodeck space for most of the crew it'd be booked solid one after another, they hardly ever went in groups. even if they had different work shifts there wasn't many holodecks on the ship and it was reserved for the main crew on bridge and engineering before the lower enlisted. Plus startrek made some assumptions about how humans would behave in the future they never suspected how people would act with internet communication. even if they tested filtered for people that would sit around being dicks to one another anonymously online on the ship all the time, the test wouldn't work it'd probably just end up with a higher concentration of manipulative shit talking anons that figure out how to kobiyashi maru the test
>>
>>34112445
Kirk has plenty of charm
>>
>>34113963
Now you're just reframing the entire point, you're saying star trek is inaccurate and etc. but that misses the point in that you have to judge the characters within the context of the show as it is.
>>
>>34114057
you see people butt heads and do shit the endangers everyone constantly, i don't know why you think it's so far fetched that people on the enterprise act like dicks to one another unless they were non human like klingon,romulan,cardassian,ferrengi, pretty much any and every species.
>>
>>34112425
Dude Kirk is the one to throw a punch. Picard won't even take his shirt off. Silly bait. But I do like the newer treks because the original is too christian.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.