[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey fellas, when are we gonna get q t pi computer waifus? I

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

File: her.jpg (63KB, 980x652px) Image search: [Google]
her.jpg
63KB, 980x652px
Hey fellas, when are we gonna get q t pi computer waifus?

I am sick and tired of tfwnogf.

I need something to fill what's missing in my life before I hang myself. I want my voice waifu now god dammit.
>>
Did you actually watch the fucking film?
>>
File: 1482253688885.png (56KB, 820x488px) Image search: [Google]
1482253688885.png
56KB, 820x488px
soon

just 'hang' in there anon
>>
>>34101993
Yeah I did nigga. It was pretty fucking good. Made me want to die.

Why you asking? Wanted my opinion of it?
>>
>>34101993
I couldn't make it through it. I got through about an hour of it. It's a film full of boring weirdos who don't speak like normal people. The dialogue was just really off putting and the super slow pace didn't help.
>>
>>34101967
i thought it would be 'soon' a couple years ago
i realize now it will be perhaps 80 years more
>>
>>34102027
I think he means that you'll get cucked by chadware
>>
>tfw no OS SO
>>
>>34102070
Yeah that's what i thought. Fuck all has changed since 1990 besides slightly better internet, smart phones, and electric cars. And that's 27 years. We probably got at least another 30 years to go before we get anything close to OSaifus

>>34102077
>chadware
hahaha

But shit son it isn't like that film is the exact way it would be. Just cut out the cuckoldry and BAM you got some tight waifu shit rite there son.
>>
>>34102176
OSaifus

She'll be connected to the cloud like Siri, Cortana, the amazon one that became popular for some reason, S voice, or ok google.

She'll be everyone's waifu and no one's waifu and she'll do nothing remotely interesting but spy on you and try to sell you stuff. We're living in a boring version of cyberpunk.
>>
>>34101967
iktfb
I think this is as close as we have so far
>>
>>34102417
>I think this is as close as we have so far
What, a dog shit dating sim?

Naaa man. The closest we have gotten is voice changers.

I downloaded a voice changer, configured it right, spoke into it, and now I can talk to myself and hear a woman's voice and tell myself how much I love myself.

It's really weird, but shit son it's pretty good.
>>
>>34102517
>dog shit dating sim?
Have you played the latest one?
New Love Plus +?
I don't want to believe that it is dog shit, it's my only hope ;_;
>>
>>34102547
It's a fucking dating sim. It's a game. It doesn't have the long-lasting appeal.

Now, talking to yourself with a voice changer? That's some good shit.
>>
File: 4L_xXhZhrBb.jpg (203KB, 848x1200px) Image search: [Google]
4L_xXhZhrBb.jpg
203KB, 848x1200px
>>34101967
>Tfw no cutie patootie uncut kitty waifu(male)
>>
File: Capture.png (117KB, 928x733px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
117KB, 928x733px
>>34101967
>>34101967
Might not be for many years.

Programs (software) obviously run on hardware and some aspects of computer hardware are not improving. One of the most important examples is that CPUs (processors) have maxed out their single-core speed, so the solution is to add more cores. However, programming for multiple cores is hard, and some types of software simply refuse to be multithreaded. Computer graphics and certain physics simulations take well to multiple simultaneous processors, to the point where they can be run on their own hardware (GPU or graphics processing unit). AI, on the other hand, relies on complex logic (imagine tree chart with many branches) and is not easily multithreaded, since you can't really break up a chain of events or decisions across multiple cores since the branch of each new decision is relative to the decision that took place before it.

In pic related, an application like computer graphics could have 99%+ parallel portion (meaning more processors give you more speedup) whereas artificial intelligence could have 30% or less parallel portion (depends on the job). Therefore, it will be hard to advance AI further on traditional hardware.

Look up Moore's Law or Amdahl's Law for more info. Barring a scientific breakthrough or technological revolution that comes out of nowhere, it's possible we will not get "her" level of AI for decades.

TL;DR - not soon
>>
>>34102838
But that's wrong. On the CPU side, anyway.

CPUs are improving at a pretty steady rate.

You have several things that determine a CPU's speed.

Its architecture
Its clock speed
Its transistor size
Its number of cores

Clock speeds aren't really improving. And you're right in that using multiple cores is problematic.

However, architecture is still improving at a rate pretty similar to how it has been over the last 20 years. And transistor size is continuing to get smaller.

The biggest problem is likely going to be just how small transistors can get. The 2500k used 32nm transistors, the 6500k uses 14nm. That is more than half the size in about 5 years. A reasonable sized atom is 0.5nm. That is when we are going to run into problems. Then we start needing sub-atomic transistors. Meaning if we continue to half transistor sizes at that rate, we will reach that point in about 25 years.

Then we would need to start using shit like electrons, or start using a different method of computing.

Binary is probably the biggest bottleneck. Something like a quantum computer would be a much bigger improvement. Instead of having 2 values, you could instead have a million bagillion values.

TL;DR: Don't be so grim you faggot. I want mai waifu now. Fuck you.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.