[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>8 years old >Parents ask me if I want to get a hamster

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: lainsad2.png (460KB, 1008x720px) Image search: [Google]
lainsad2.png
460KB, 1008x720px
>8 years old
>Parents ask me if I want to get a hamster
>Tell them no because I know one day it's going to die and it will make me really really sad
>They get the hamster anyway and a dog a few years after later
>Love them both
>Hamster dies
>First time dealing with death of something I loved, took it really hard and cried for days, cried whenever he popped into my head for a long time after
>Still have dog
>Still love her just as much even if I don't spend as much time with her as I did when I was little
>Feels like I shouldn't even be talking about it, but she's been with us for a long time
>It feels like she's a time bomb just waiting to go off
>Don't know how exactly I'm going to handle it but I know it's going to be really, really bad

I'm scared. I don't know what to do.
>>
this is why you never get attached to anything idiot
>>
>>34088533
That's what I tried not to do when I was little but it happened anyway and I don't know how to stop it. This always happens whenever I get attached to anything, I get too sentimental about it and then I spend all my time stressing about knowing how it's going to end one day but my family and therapist keep telling me to go out and get attached to things anyway
>>
>>34088518
Death is just memory away
everything eventually die, don't sad about it at least you don't bullied it. if you pour out enough love that's done you did enough

i regret about my fishtank fucked up.
but at least you didn't do that
>>
Make steaks out of the dead meat everything will be fine
>>
>>34088533
Retard.

>>34088518
Good things come with a price. Accept it. It's hard, but you got to swallow that truth. Instead of mourning and "not getting attached", live fully what you get.

Pain is only the other side of the same coin as joy. Accept the coin. Accept the sides.
>>
>>34088653
>Retard.
no you

why should people be forced to accept suffering

don't accept shit OP
>>
>>34088599
I had a fish tank when I was younger too, and it got to the point where I was afraid to look at the tank because I was scared one of them had died. Every few weeks I would get to the breaking point and look and frantically count up all of them to make sure they were okay. I'm pretty sure my parents replaced a few but I convinced myself that they just grew up and changed shape or colors or something. When one of them did die I remember sobbing and panicking because the others would swim up and try to nibble on the body and it really scared me and made me sad. I remember trying to wave my hands in front of the tank to scare them off so they wouldn't mess with the body but I can't remember if it worked

>>34088653
But I'm scared of not spending enough time with her and when the time does come I know that I'm going to feel like I didn't no matter how much time I spent with her. There's also lots of other things I like to do, but it makes me feel bad and selfish when I do something else when I could be spending time with her. I don't know, I'm freaking out

>>34088660
I don't know what to do
>>
>>34088660
>I don't want pain so I'll avoid getting attached to anything
How to have a shitty life 101 : Follow that anon's tip. No wonder why there's so many depressed people around there.

>>34088705
Just enjoy it while it lasts. Do what you can to have no regrets afterward. If nothing died, you wouldn't enjoy it in the first place : it's because things disapear that life is worthwile
>>
File: 1483348370758.jpg (335KB, 484x527px) Image search: [Google]
1483348370758.jpg
335KB, 484x527px
>>34088518
>My parents bought me a little chicken when i was seven.
>It died after 2 weeks.
>threw it and the garbage and moved on

>grandpa died when i was 5
>put some water on my eyes to pretend i am crying

>grandmother died when i was 15
>got bored after the funerals and started fapping

I think something is wrong in me anon.
>>
File: file.png (492KB, 876x493px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
492KB, 876x493px
you will literally never get over loss of something you care about

every waking moment after that loss will be thinking about how much worse your life is now

you'll be unable to go on, it will never be the same
>>
>>3408851
it's just a stupid dog

If it dies you can just get another one
>>
>>34088705
I'll throw one more tip. I was like you, anon. I was scared, I didn't support stress, the weight that comes from responsabilities and such. But there are people out of there that goes through it. After watching them, I'll tell you their secret. They just keep going, supporting their suffering. All of them.
>>
>>34088777
If you aren't emotionaly attached to something, you don't really feel the loss.
>>
>>34088809
How do they do it? I don't think I could do that. I don't want to be hurt again anon. I'm scared
>>
>>34088821
The thing is that i used to spend a lot of my holidays when i was a teen with my family.
But i don't feel attached to anything. It's like i don't feel (in a non meme way).
Probably the reason i never cared about having a gf or friends
>>
>>34088895
They just do it. They're scared, hurt, some have mental instabilities, but they do it.
It's really not about being afraid, it's more about doing what you have to do.

Working actually helps, it's like a boat that keeps you mentaly safe and drives you forward. Some almost lost their childs, some are bipolars and keep on working even if the don't feel like it, ect. They just do it.

>>34088922
Talk to your doctor about it if it troubles you.
>>
>>34088754
>If nothing died, you wouldn't enjoy it in the first place : it's because things disapear that life is worthwile
literally makes no sense
>>
File: why.png (73KB, 500x338px) Image search: [Google]
why.png
73KB, 500x338px
I know that feel.
My parants had since before i got born.
The cat was there for everyday of life since i was born until i was 18.
The cat was 21 when we had to put her down.
I still fucking miss her so much. She was my best friend. She was always there for me.
Funny thing too, she never once scratched or bit me.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.