[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I sound smarter For example: >We don't know what

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6

File: Jake Gyllenhaal.jpg (24KB, 880x474px) Image search: [Google]
Jake Gyllenhaal.jpg
24KB, 880x474px
How do I sound smarter
For example:
>We don't know what happens after death

How do I turn this simple point in to a paragraph that makes me sound like an intellectual?
>>
>>34086646
truly intelligent people get to the point
>>
>>34086646
after kill; not
>>
>>34086646
Why does it matter whether or not you know what happens after death?
>>
But we know what happens you nut. We get fucked for eternity. It's your problem if you don't wanna know, but don't come crawling back to me for answers when you die. lol
>>
Simply put: there is no way of knowing what ultimately awaits us after death. No person who has been clinically dead has provided an account of the afterlife that cannot be equally well, if not better explained by the fickle, biochemical nature of the human brain. As death is something that only an individual directly experiences, it may well never be possible to ascertain what happens to us after we take our last breath.
>>
File: ymj5094pp.jpg (11KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
ymj5094pp.jpg
11KB, 259x194px
>>34086646
>>We don't know what happens after death
We cannot possibly grasp the underlying phenomena of what happens post-life, that is to say death, nor can we even discover such a thing: it is simply beyond our cognitive and scientific efforts
>>
What's the deEEEAAAall with Death?
>>
>>34086722
>>34086716
Not originally good enough
>>
There's not much to say about what your asking. There's no theory correlating to that cause. You can't disprove it and that's all that can be said, from a scientist's perspective. From another perspective, you're merely another atheistic dolt admitting to a perspective that all of you have equal part in, so you don't sound smart. At least as smart as a blindly religious person, but not so much more than that, either.
>>
>>34086646
What doth life?
origional
>>
No one here is that smart, so, you're asking the wrong people. And, I think the key is to nurture a thought process, and actually have things to say, that, y'know, aren't redundant or whatever. That's why I stick to forum posts. All my shit is nigh useless in the grand scheme of things.

tl;dr: you aren't smart enough anyways so stop trying.
>>
File: ykiaFBx.jpg (42KB, 479x720px) Image search: [Google]
ykiaFBx.jpg
42KB, 479x720px
>>34086646
honestly, just listen to a lot of well-spoken, clear minded people. I used to have the same issue - lots of thoughts, good at writing them but shit at talking. Started to listen to the atheist experience and it helped tons with expressing myself verbally. Matt Dillahunty is especially good and expressing the obvious in a convincing way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAuFJKQh83Y&

by the way, I'm not advocating being edgy and tipping your fedora. His clarity of thought can be applied to several other topics.
>>
File: 1468520810675.jpg (159KB, 840x623px) Image search: [Google]
1468520810675.jpg
159KB, 840x623px
But we DO know what happens my child. God will judge you for your deeds and will send you to heaven or hell.
>>
i hate stupid shits like you op
wanting to sound smart but you are dumb as a brick
>>
>>34086938
Yes, that happens, but neither heaven nor hell is anything you can imagine. In fact, it's right here, right now. Convinced, yet? I know a lot.
>>
>>34086646

Using flowery language doesn't make you smart, idiot.
>>
>>34086646
Learn a few big word from reading. There is like 25 words you can add to your vocabulary to make you sound way smarter, like instead of saying "the people there are weird" say " the general concencous/sentiment is strange"

Like instead of saying its a problem say it's an ordeal
>>
'Tis a consummation
Devoutly to be wish'd. To die, to sleep;
To sleep: perchance to dream: ay, there's the rub;
For in that sleep of death what dreams may come
When we have shuffled off this mortal coil
Must give us pause.
>>
>>34086960
You know nothing heathen, nothing
Are you a theologist? Speak to me or forever stay silence heretic
>>
>>34086981
But it can be an indication, ne? Funnily enough there was this one guy in a thread yesterday who had a nigh genius way of putting things but was dumb as a rock otherwise. That's a real anomaly if you ask me.

>>34087007
I'm studying it now. Jesus says the kingdom of God is within you. So who's the heretic now, hmm?
>>
>>34086646
Using flowery language kills your argument structure and your point and makes you seem like boring dickhead. Get straight to the point and read some books or articles or something so you can make points people haven't thought of instead of trying to disguise what your saying with bullshit
>>
>>34087044
>ays the kingdom of God is within you.

that could be perceived in many way. he could be saying that a persons conspicuousness will ultimately dictate whether they are lead to god or not. dont know. too many vague metaphors in the bible. the original followers of jesus that understood his message are long gone.
>>
File: 1471567027930.jpg (117KB, 680x520px)
1471567027930.jpg
117KB, 680x520px
>>34086646
No one who has died has lived to tell the tale
>>
>>34087411
It means that your consciousness dictates your behavior, which is what you are and will become over the course of your lifetime. What you are is what will become of you, indeed, what fulfills you. Crave sentience? Your wish has been fulfilled. Feel me? You created your own kingdom out of your cravings just now. More crudely it can probably be interpreted that God fashioned your existing circumstances out of your own brain, which is the center of your experience, or something.
>>
>>34087044
>Funnily enough there was this one guy in a thread yesterday who had a nigh genius way of putting things but was dumb as a rock otherwise. That's a real anomaly if you ask me.
not really, you just have to be an english major :^)
>>
>>34086646
What you're describing is the discipline known as philosophy.
>>
>>34086716
>>34086722
>le energy just dissappears bro xdd
>*le apply the laws of physics to everything but death because I'm an Edgy athiest*
Fucking neckbeard
>>
>>34087590
Who said anything about energy disappearing you retarded faggot

Do you even know what energy is, or are you some new age mystical "muh souls are energy" mumbo jumbo clown

Unless we find evidence that indicates otherwise, the logical conclusion is that concsiousness is a byproduct of the algorithm of particles that makes up a person.

Nice strawman though you anti-intellectual coward. You redd it queers just love to use your fedora meme when you don't have an actual argument.
>>
>>34086646
first off to sound smarter you reject that retarded sentence altogether

>we don't know what happens after death
>know
>death
>after
you're literally speaking gibberish like the retards that say "faster than light" like that concept actually makes any sense
>>
>>34087791
>algorithm of particles
>algorithm
next time just say amalgam if you don't want to sound braindead
>>
File: 1480754944184.jpg (47KB, 564x400px) Image search: [Google]
1480754944184.jpg
47KB, 564x400px
>>34087869
Holy shit you actually are retarded

The arrangement of the particles matters you fucking homo. If you threw all the particles together in a different arrangement that wouldn't be you.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.