[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can I move to a big city for my career in music production?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_2736.jpg (71KB, 852x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2736.jpg
71KB, 852x480px
How can I move to a big city for my career in music production? I want to move to la or NYC maybe Chicago or Miami or something. I have no money or car either.
>>
Make a plan to be homeless for a while and hustle, eventually get an apartment and keep working hard to move up.

I'm planning on doing exactly this, i want a fresh start by going to a new place with no possessions, If i fail then I'll kill myself.
I figure this will be a great motivator.
>>
>>34084306
Dont do it, just get a normal job and post shit on soundcloud until a label notices you
>>
>>34084306
Just go into any bank and show the loan officer your latest "fire" mixtape. They'll probably just throw money at you.
>>
File: Hans get the luger.jpg (38KB, 452x960px) Image search: [Google]
Hans get the luger.jpg
38KB, 452x960px
>>34084306
>This entire cliche pipe dream
Do you know how many millions of people end up failing miserably because they tried to "Move to LA and make music lmao"?

Get a job, throw your pipe dreams in the trash, and work from there.
>>
>>34084335
Why homeless tho couldn't I just crash on a floor for a few hundred
>>
>>34084306
watch this now seriously

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=za8SMmW2tcA
>>
>>34084438
I didn't mean living on the streets, I plan on getting 2 part time jobs and saving up for a comfy van and living out of that for as long as necessary, van living doesn't seem that bad as long as you prepare properly.
>>
>>34084306
That's not really a thing. I wanted to move to Chicago and produce music, too, but that's not really a thing that goes on.

Go audio-engineering, and focus on your music as the main thing that you do, outside of work. Now, you have a skill, and a way into ghost-writing / dj'ing, composing, whatever you want to do, if you're willing to put in the social work, and it is SOCIAL work, believe me.

From who gets the album art commission, to who gets a dj residency, to who gets to sit in the studio during recording, it all has nothing to do with talent and competency, and everything to do with this weird system of sycophants and hangers on, vying for favor, that likens to the last days of the Romanov imperial court.
>>
are you that guy who always posts about wanting to move to [big american city] to work in "entertainment"

jesus christ dude
>>
File: shoah.jpg (470KB, 1280x1706px) Image search: [Google]
shoah.jpg
470KB, 1280x1706px
>>34085192
To propound upon this, most "artists" in "the city" are actually upper-middle class kids from the suburbs, with upper-middle class parents, that pay for their audio equipment, instruments, and both their rents (one studio apartment as a bachelor pad, one more to practice and record in). They pretend to be poor, but actually have a credit card and have never had to worriedly check their bank account after closing their tab, or paying their rent(s).

Again, it gets very social. These people are unemployed. They are night people. They are extroverted. They all come to each others' apartments every single night and do coke, drink, blare their shitty music, and with each musical "cool guy", comes an entourage of of their shitty friends, their drug dealer, the girl at the door that takes cover, who three of them are fucking.

You will not be recognized for talent
You will find no work
You will not be accepted
You are not "cool"
Your parents are not rich
You are poor and introverted

Learn a technical skill and put forth your creative works to be recognized as they may.
>>
>>34085316
Not trap
>>
>>34085344
?

asdfghjklkjhgfdsasdfgh
>>
>>34085316
I find jobs in my shitty ass middle of nowhere county as long as I have reliable transportation

If I can find jobs here easy as fuck why couldn't I do it in a place with thousands of jobs
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.