[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What if I told you that religion is just used as a control mechanism

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (51KB, 600x543px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
51KB, 600x543px
What if I told you that religion is just used as a control mechanism by the elite to keep the goyim working like obediant wageslaves and scared of the afterlife? That means if you commited suicide right now there would be no consequences other than the elite getting buttmad they just lost tax revenue and rent from you?
>>
what if i told you that you are a pseudo-intellectual and that you have no basis for what real life is because you have never experienced real life outside of your hometown?
>>
>>34084093
Sh-shut up you fucking baka ;_;
>>
>>34084093
what if i told you not everyone gets to be a millionaire who can afford to travel the world
>>
It's not a control mechanism bro..
>>
>>34084015
>>34084093
both are correct

but neither understands what does it all mean
>>
>>34084135
What if i told you equal opportunity does not equal outcome. Not everyone can be winners buddy,sorry.
>>
>>34084015
What if I told you that religion is meant to shape both your worldview and your afterlife to keep you condemned not only in the here and now but in the after as well? Something like you see what happens through the lens of your belief system and that validates your belief system, making it more "real" from an experiential standpoint.

It would explain why there literally isn't a single religion that explicitly states "you die and then everything is okay" without having some bullshit fear mongering twist. It's always bait and switch bullshit. It's curious because certainty and relief is something people crave.
>>
>>34084162
There's a storm coming. You and your friends better batten down the hatches, because when it hits, you're all gonna wonder how you ever thought you could live so large and leave so little for the rest of us.
>>
>>34084015
true. but life is the potential for all things great is it not? and actually religion is more about keeping the peace than preventing suicides.

>>34084093
so if i eat a banana in brazil or piss over the edge of the great wall of china ill suddenly become smarter? stfu. you wanna make a point talk about how theres fun to be had in the world. discovering that someone else would do anything for a pair of shoes whilst i cant stand my life of luxury does nothing but depress me even more.
>>
>>34084191
Nobody survives the storm.
>>
>>34084212
Not everyone can win.some have to suffer. And unlike you,i will make anyone who gets in my suffer. And even beyond that,your ideals arent your own. You read those off the internet. Go live life and see if you still have the same opinion.
>>
>>34084237
my b. any tips on how to not resemble death is its purest form?
>>
>>34084269
Have you ever wondered if you were ment to look like that? Maybe you arent as special as you think you are.
>>
>>34084237
Your mom survives my storm every night
She may get soaked in the torrential downpour and manhandled by the wind but every night a small spark endures when all else is beaten away in the excitement and passion of the moment. Without fail, that spark lives to see tomorrow, usually dressed up in some new getup or other, where it begs me for more as it has become addicted to having its resolve tested, or something weird like that.
>>
>>34084283
actually i wonder that constantly. but wondering produces more questions than it answers with this particular question.

IM AM CERTAIN I AM NOT SPECIAL. but i do have a small purpose. im totally interchangeable wherein any kid couldve taken my place and the outcome wouldve been the same. that doesnt answer the question why tho. perhaps all my answers are correct. or perhaps i know the only truely correct answer is to ignore what could be and focus solely on what the correct answer is, what i should do to remedy what ails me, doing everything. but ive never killed anyone before. so round and round i go.
>>
>>34084283
Reminder that there is L I T E R A L L Y nothing wrong with thinking you're special as long as you work towards making it into a self-fulfilling prophecy

>b-but muh narcissism is bad meme
Many forms of narcissism are malignant but it doesn't have to be.
>>
>>34084420
See now,thats the issue here. Sure,it is good but do you understand that in many many cases the people who have this kind of narcissistic attitude do not have the resolve to actualy back up what they say.
>>
>>34084162
What if I told you that equal opportunity doesn't exist
>>
Ill just leave this here https://youtu.be/ywTljZW87dI
>>
I work so I can pay bills and not die of starvation
>>
>What if I told you that religion is just used as a control mechanism

hello time traveler. how is 1995?
>>
>>34084015
explain buddhism
>>
All religious books were written by kings,therefore governments. OP does have a point.
>>
File: Henry-Ford-Quote.jpg (12KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
Henry-Ford-Quote.jpg
12KB, 250x250px
>>34084015
Maybe mang

>>34084162
What if I told you life isn't a zero-sum game?
What if I told you that equitability is in everyone's best interest and that for you to win someone else doesn't have to lose?
>>
>>34084162
The idea of there having to be losers is super fucking outdated, you realize that?
Read some Adam Smith, anon.
>>
>>34084015
nice try satan :^) original soda spring
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.