[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/r9k/, what are some good blue-collar jobs that pay decently

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

/r9k/, what are some good blue-collar jobs that pay decently or better. Here's a complementary pic of my motorcycle.
>>
literally none. enjoy having permanently fucked up back and joints you dumbass prole.
>>
I work at a group home with tards and make 16.52/hr. No i dont get hit that much and its not a bad job. no experience required.

I like your bike
>>
>>34082481
LOL Silly fucking cunt, I'm perfectly fine and have a clean record. This was merely for conversational sake and seeing what's good. Go crawl back to your hole now.
>>
>>34082490
That's pretty nice, anon. What's it like on an "average" day.
>>
>>34082352
I hear oil rig guys make good money. Tough job though, if you don't get into management by 28 you can say good by to your joints and back.
Also crane operator is also high paid but hard to get into. You either have a family member who can train and hire you, or you pay a fuck load of money for the training and experience.
>>
>>34082593
so there are 4 guys in a normal house, ages 26 ish and one who is 41. depending on the shift i work i help them with various aspects of life. get meds, cook, clean, hangout. I watch a lot of tv, lots of cartoons on netflix. A couple are lower functioning so they need more help and attention. the one with downs is more independant. want me to continue? I am there so much i could talk about it for awhile lol
>>
>>34082352
Plumbers and electricians are both pretty comfy jobs and make decent pay.
>>
>>34082662
I've heard of oil rig jobs, but have also been told you have to be in the circle of things and know someone to get in.
>>
>>34082683
Yeah, keep going. So are you a handler or a sitter or some sort?
>>
>>34082688
Would electricians and plumbers require schooling or on the job training of some sort?
>>
>>34082773
Yeah i mean its called a program counsouller but i just help them do what they cant do themselves. a guy there has Fetal Alcohol Syndrome and is super low functioning. He speaks simply, watches a lot of cartoons, and would have no idea in the world how to cook food or take care of himself. So at the house there is always a staff, different ratios depending on the time of day, and an awake overnight just incase. during the day one goes to work (works at ice cream shop, which is dumb cause he is obese and steals food) and one goes to day program, which is like a program for autism and they do activities and shit. Only bad thing is its a for-profit company so managers can basically do what they want and are all assholes
>>
>>34082794
Check with your local unions anon. They might have apprentice programs.
>>
>>34083032
I will look into this, thanks anon. I've also thought about going to a vocational school for welding or automotive repair and the like. It's crazy that there's an ass ton of these Jobs out there.
>>
>>34082977
What's the average amount of time you put in a week? And what do you do if one of the dudes out and about gets in some legal trouble or something happens in the house? And that's pretty fucking shitty about the managers. Is there ever any problems with them? Do you see these people outside of work?
>>
>>34083100
I work 30 hours, shifts are usually long, 10-8, 2-10. I mean they are legal adults so we try as best we can but like the downs guy has been arrested for stealing company car b4. we are also trained in restraints but ONLY if they are hurting themselves (after a lot of it) or someone else. otherwise they can do whatever retarted shit they want, which is nice they deserve freedom. and yeah i hate it, im leaving for another job soon, same shit different place with better management. All the bosses care about is money so the tards suffer from it which sucks but like the whole industrty is fucked, you do what you can. I dont, if im not at work i dont like to think about it or else ill get stressed and overthink it
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.