[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>be roman empire >conquer and subjugate ton of countries

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

File: needodin.jpg (19KB, 350x449px) Image search: [Google]
needodin.jpg
19KB, 350x449px
>be roman empire
>conquer and subjugate ton of countries
>make shit ton of (technological) advancements
>citizens start getting more and more degenerate
>traps, faggots, orgies etc. less and less importance placed on functional families
>corruption out the ass
>shit falls apart, blazing in fire

>be America
>conquer and subjugate ton of countries
>make shit ton of (technological) advancements
>citizens start getting more and more degenerate
>traps, faggots, orgies etc. less and less importance placed on functional families
>corruption out the ass
So, when will
>shit falls apart, blazing in fire
happen?
>>
Expansionism was the primary reason for its collapse you fucking autist, if you believe otherwise you have no grasp of history.
>>
>>34081956
>i have an opinion and if you do not agree with me you clearly dont know what the hell you are talking about

Sure is good arguments in here
>>
>>34082040
Society doesn't collapse because people start having orgies. When you spread too far with too little manpower and resources to govern shit will eventually hit the fan in unprecedented amounts. I am in no way defending modern promiscuity but that isn't even remotely close to the reason the empire fell.
>>
>>34081956
Our expansion was Afghanistan and Iraq. In addition to that, we have influence and control of every part of the globe, and soft power is still power
>>
>>34081956
This is right, in terms of the Roman Empire

Once the empire split into the Roman and byzantine empires, the two had too much area to cover, and couldn't relay messages between governing and military forces quick enough, which resulted in the obtaining of little land at a time by attacking tribes. Idk how freaky the Romans were, but orgies probably didn't have much to do with it. You're probably just looking for someone to say some shit about Donald
>>
>ywn live in Rome at the height of it's wealth and decadence as a chadly Senator
>>
>>34081895
>all these /pol/cucks invading /r9k/ recently
what do you retards think you will achieve here, other than humiliate yourselves and homeboard?
>>
>be dumbass Italian
>build one of the most powerful sovereign entities in human history with luck and opportunism
>...but be too stupid and Italian to put a proper succession system in place
>instead just sit on your ass while monthly coups and civil wars destroy your country to the point that bumfuck savages annihilate you completely
The reason is not degeneracy or any of your autistic /pol/ buzzwords, it is that Italians always were, always have been, and always will be subhuman.
>>
>>34081956
This. The Romans did not have enough citizen population to hold onto their vast territories. Towards the end they started using tribal groups as mercenaries, which backfired.
>>
>>34081895
In about 12 years
>>
File: 1484157635505.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
1484157635505.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
>>make shit ton of (technological) advancements
>ancient rome
>>
>>34083137
>actually being this ignorant and retarded
Wew lad
>>
>>34083228
Not an argument

Fuck off robot
>>
>>34083291
Why do you want to argue with people so much?
>>
>>34082389
Rome was not Italy. Romans were not Italian.
>>
>>34083137
>doesnt know the meaning of technology
>>
>>34083291

you had little 0
> zero
> none
> less than 1

arguments to start with yourself

fuck off back to /b/, kid.
>>
You guuuuise stop fightiiiing
>>
File: 1423275053120.jpg (48KB, 400x462px) Image search: [Google]
1423275053120.jpg
48KB, 400x462px
>>34083366

Yes they were. DNA testing has proven that most modern Italians differ little if at all from their ancient Latin counterparts. If anything they became more mixed with the Germanic races they conquered, subjugated and enslaved.

Don't forget that Italy has one of, if not the highest IQ in Europe.
>>
Italy wasn't a nation-state back then, as I recall.
Hence 'Roman' Empire.
>>
>>34083775
Are you saying that USA is more homogeneous than Roman empire was?
>>
>>34083366
>Romans were not italians
They were nords, am i rite
>>
>>34082162
So actually, they weren't fucking enough?
>>
>>34083814
No.
The Romans assimilated much harder than USA. A modern example would be Japan; little do people know (further proving it), Japan is made up of lots of ethnicity which have been fully assimilated into 'Japanese'.
>>
>>34083710
Italian city states always existed separately from the Roman empire. You wouldn't call Polish people German. If you called a Roman Italian you would get your ass kicked.
>>
>be roman empite
>be prosperous and powerful
>converts to Christianity
>Christian family values destroy the empire and leads to its demise
>>
>>34082389
What have italians done to you? Forgot to spice your meatballs?
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.