[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>finally starting to get my life kind of in order >join

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6

File: 1481368200604.jpg (44KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1481368200604.jpg
44KB, 633x758px
>finally starting to get my life kind of in order
>join a gym
>not going hard, taking it easy for first 3 weeks
>lung collapses (spontanous pneumothorax) after a work out
>in a hospital with a tube in my lung now
>doctor basically says to take it easy with the gym so it doesn't happen again
>mfw

Why?? Why does life just slap me in the face every chance it gets? I'm a 21 year old dude with a child's body and a face only a mother could love. Was bullied at school to no end, had almost no friends. Failed high-school because i basically spent all my time in bed. No day went by without thinking about death.

Finally say fuck it, find a job, reconnect with old friends, install tinder, try to get in shape.. and this.

Maybe I'm overreacting but I think this is it. I'm done trying.
>>
File: 1464029325164.jpg (15KB, 317x275px) Image search: [Google]
1464029325164.jpg
15KB, 317x275px
>>34074694
>go on webmd
>the major risks for "spontaneous pneumothorax": be a "tall thin male" and "smoking"

>am 5'11" and skinnyfat, so I probably won't ever be cucked by my own lungs like OP
>>
I feel you brother.Same stuff happens to me every time.I'm done with this world also.
>>
>>34074694
Get your testosterone levels checked while you're there, low-t is a life ruiner.
>>
do cardio and learn how to breathe when lifting, if you hold your breathe it can put an enormous amount of pressure on your lungs
>>
>>34074733
Dude, I'm shorter than you so don't be so sure.
>>
>>34074694
>start weightlifting
>lose 40kgs, nearly normal weight for first time in life
>Start getting swole af
>Walk
>Suddenly sharp pain in back, keel over
>tfw malformed spine that can't support weightlifting
The only sport I ever liked. Gone. And I'm a fat fuck again, with less motivation than when I started.

I figure it's God's way of telling us we're gonna be NEETs for life, my friend. Trying is for other people.
>>
>>34074762
How do I ask for that? Just a blood test?

>>34074799
The thing is that I wasn't lifting heavy weights that would make me struggle. I went with lighter weights but more reps.
>>
Your life is not in order unless you attend Harvard
>>
File: 1401837876323.png (17KB, 579x528px) Image search: [Google]
1401837876323.png
17KB, 579x528px
Hey OP, I went through this back in March of 2013. If you want any support, you can contact me via steam. Just drop a username.

Mine occurred from laughing, no joke. I had a chest tube inserted (while I was awake) and the next day they put a camera into my body and did something called VATS and Pleurodesis or something.

It took awhile for me to get back to regular activities, but I am getting things together. I still believe that it's the cold's fault for messing up my lung. I think breathing all that cold ass air did something to me.

Anyway, yeah, reach out if you need help. It will get better.
>>
>>34075050
>VATS

Did they get a 95% chance to find out what went wrong and miss?
>>
damn OP, i had the same thing happen a few years ago fucking sucked and caused by simply being tall and skellymode, it took awhile but i'm pretty much over it now and back to normal so it does get better however...

the doc also told me these things 'tend to happen again' so yeah i dunno, some people have them happen multiple times to the point they install sort of a port in your chest so you can get it treated in outpatient instead of surgery each time
>>
>>34074955
Oh man I just can't bare this, and I enjoyed lifting too.

>>34075050
They'll probably be doing pleurodesis if it happens again after I recover from this one. Why did they decide to do it right away? I heard recovery from that is nasty as fuck. How you feelin now?
>>
File: 1424141374617.jpg (8KB, 412x314px) Image search: [Google]
1424141374617.jpg
8KB, 412x314px
>>34075121
i'm guessing this is a fallout joke? idk what you mean.

>>34075147
that "it happens again" thing is why i chose to get preventative surgery. some people opt to get the tube and bounce afterwards.

i believe the statistic was that you have a sizeable chance of the other lung collapsing in the same year. if it doesn't happen, then you should be good for a long time.

>>34075180
the worst part about that surgery was being put to sleep and then intubated. apparently, my body didn't like the idea of deepthroating something while i was asleep and they had a hard time getting me on a respirator.

the recovery was fine. you can expect pain for a few weeks/months. you can expect to feel as though you can't take breaths.

the absolute worst part about having a lung collapse is the subsequent paranoia. you will feel that every little pain is another collapse. you have to trust that your body will look out for you though. again, drop some form of contact if you need it. you're not alone in this.
>>
>>34075147
oh and what was great is i literally went to work all day after it collapsed, only finally went to the ER when i googled the symptoms i was having and it said heart attack or stroke, if it was on the other side

super fucking lucky i had just got insurance at work a couple months prior but even with that it cost 4K out of pocket, murica!
>>
>>34075260
>that "it happens again" thing is why i chose to get preventative surgery. some people opt to get the tube and bounce afterwards.
see, they didn't even mention any of this shit, they just did it, had me hooked up to a machine for 5 days then when it finally looked ok sent me on my way

i only took 2 days off work after since i was wage at the time and didn't want to miss the hours/pay

mine was in 2013 too and other than some paranoia about it happening again like you mentioned it's not really been an issue, other than when i tried to play full court basketball a few months later
>>
>>34075336
i guess it just depends where you're at. i was 18 at the time, was hospitalized in NYC, and have a mom who was a former EMT so she was asking all the right questions.

the sports thing was a problem for me too. i ended up finding out that any sport which caused an impact to be sent through my body made my chest hurt. So, running was out the window for a while. I ended up taking swimming and rollerblading seriously because those are high intensity, low impact sports (unless you fall while skating). wearing comfortable shoes helps too. I bought some nike air maxes and those did me wonders while i walked to college in manhattan.
>>
>>34075407
>nike air maxes
those are my shit, it's pretty much all i buy now, i'm on the second pair of exactly pic related

and yea it did suck because before this i had started trying to jog a bit to work up to running, still kind of nervous to give it a go again but maybe when it warms up a bit
>>
>>34075464
all it takes is time man. i'm guessing you were the other guy who had this happen in 2013? It took me 3 years to build up the courage to run again, and that's only because I want to get into law enforcement. I took a law enforcement phys ed class at my college and I passed with an A. I was doing things that I didn't know I could do anymore. I can now run 1.5mi in ~11mins.

You got a PSN account or a steam or something? I always like to keep in contact with people who have been through what I've been through. It's good to have a support group.
>>
>>34075147
That's what I was scared about, second day with the tube inside me and every move I make is torture. Just can't imagine having to undergo all this again, just shoot me in the head why don't you.

Maybe it has more to do with the skellymode because I'm only 1.70m. Smoked about 5 cigs in the whole entirety of my life. Not fair..

>>34075270
I went almost 2 weeks with my lung like that Couldn't sleep for 2 nights, then the pain kinda numbed but I had a real hard time breathing. I did make an appointment with my doctor but she got me to have a cardiogram instead of an xray because she was really confused and thought it was a heart thing. Says to check in with her in a week. Conditions worsen, going to work felt like running a marathon, could barely breathe. Then she said I need an xray and here I am. Surgeon said I'm lucky I survived.
>>
>>34074694
>21 years old
>I think this is it. I'm done trying.

haha, go ahead, just kill yourself now buddy, everyone will be better off honestly.
>>
>>34075571
That's what I'm planning to do really.

Maybe later this year.
>>
>>34074733
>tfw tall thin male who smokes
>>
>>34075506
I have steam but i don't really play many games lately
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198027859477/

honestly, the thing i'm worried about the most is it happening again now that i don't have insurance but i try not to think about it really

i walk all the time since i don't drive and really don't have any issues with that, the two things the doctor said i could do was not smoke, check, and walk twice a day, check

>>34075519
what scared me enough to finally go to the ER was on the way home that night my right chest/arm started going numb and i could barely concentrate enough to talk to someone, called a good friend who told me to get off the phone and go to the ER ASAP

the worst part about being in t he hospital, other than the tube in my chest obviously, was i cannot sleep on my back at all so i was awake almost the entire time, they wouldn't give me an ambien or anything to sleep, i finally got desperate and rolled over on my side to try to get some sleep and apparently twisted the stupid tube and no one fucking noticed it so the result was having to stay an extra day, god damn did i get pissed at the retarded nurse who was checking the thing i was hooked up to and didn't notice anything wrong...
>>
>>34075657
Well at least it's not cancer, am I right?
>>
>>34075802
>tfw uncle is in nursing home dying from lung cancer

>tfw really cool chill old black dude that was in the hospital room with me while i was there was admitted a few times for what they thought was pneumonia but turned out to be lung cancer
>>
>>34075785
other 2013 guy here

sent ;)
>>
>>34075001
>You have to attend an Ivy League school to be successful in life

You poor delusional fool
>>
I've had a pneumothorax too anon. Just lay low for a while and once it heals it really shouldnt happen again. Mine happened when I was 17 and never happened again after I was 19. Now I can do any kind of lifting or exercise and its not an issue at all. Just hang in there and you'll be fine!
>>
>>34075785
>the worst part about being in t he hospital, other than the tube in my chest obviously, was i cannot sleep on my back at all so i was awake almost the entire time, they wouldn't give me an ambien or anything to sleep, i finally got desperate and rolled over on my side to try to get some sleep and apparently twisted the stupid tube and no one fucking noticed it so the result was having to stay an extra day, god damn did i get pissed at the retarded nurse who was checking the thing i was hooked up to and didn't notice anything wrong...

Oh boy, yea, I couldn't even fall asleep with the sleeping pills they gave me since I can never fall asleep on my back.

Also about the nurses. I got concerned about orange liquid going in and out of my lung in the tube (pic related,) . Called a nurse and asked what it is and if that's supposed to happen. She looked confused and finally said it was normal and lifted the tube up, the liquid shot right back into my lung. She looked terrified and said "omg are you ok? did that hurt?". It didn't hurt but damn does it make me feel good and not nervous at all when I'm in the hands of nurses that don't know what they're doing.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.