[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>taking courses at my community college for years. >don't

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: 1483432157348.png (32KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1483432157348.png
32KB, 633x758px
>taking courses at my community college for years.
>don't even know who my academic advisor is
>Take classes based off the school's degree standards and the transfer standards of the college I want to transfer to
>Check these every semester to find any changes
>according to my transcript compared to the standards of both schools I'm about to graduate
>tfw it could all be for nothing.

Those official curriculum guides wouldn't lie, r-right?
>>
File: 1483763352948.jpg (52KB, 882x758px) Image search: [Google]
1483763352948.jpg
52KB, 882x758px
Can you imagine how embarrassing it would be to go back and ask for one now? Especially if I completely fucked up?

I'm terrified of finding out I've done it completely wrong
>>
>>34058471
oh OP
they fucking would.

>t. 10 years in college, no known course for graduation despite seeing guidance counselor every semester
>>
File: zeppelin.jpg (1MB, 1828x1292px) Image search: [Google]
zeppelin.jpg
1MB, 1828x1292px
hahaha dumb nigga

I just fucked around in CC and classes relevant to my life that didnt even go to a degree, and now im in a trade school I've had my eye on on a more direct path to money

If you really got nothing left to lose, become a welder and move to alaska or north dakota and work on pipelines n shit, oil isnt goin anywhere for a long time
>>
>>34058471
>>34059057
OP stfu and go ask them now

The only thing more retarded than asking them this late, is asking them even later

It's only your own fault if you don't
>>
>>34058471
Nigger what the fuck are you talking about? I couldn't follow that past
> check these every semester to find any changes
>>
Wait, what are you guys talking about?

I am doing a degree atm, it has 6 core units, 6 major units, and 12 electives, all of the information is there in the course planner for me, I just select which ones I do first. I decided to do all the 12 core/major units first, which is the main focus of the degree, the 12 electives I'll do last.

Do your universities not tell you what your core/major units are or something? I don't understand. My core/major units are in BIG RED BOLD TEXT, so it's hard to miss them for selection.
>>
File: squishy.jpg (143KB, 1600x1280px) Image search: [Google]
squishy.jpg
143KB, 1600x1280px
>>34058471
>failed CC
could be worse
>>
File: 1481265583553.gif (97KB, 498x594px) Image search: [Google]
1481265583553.gif
97KB, 498x594px
>>34059091
Why even have fucking guides if they don't tell you what to take?

If a community college has it's requirements and another you want to transfer too lists the requirements for that school, why wouldn't they fucking be accurate?

>>34059213
Because I couldn't take it, I've always had a disdain over asking for help and now it feels too late.

>>34059288
My community college has advisors and guides. The advisor tells you what classes to take though it seems like their main job is misguiding students into taking extra classes since they did that to my brother.

The problem isn't core classes because my first core class the professor covered all the core classes I needed for transferring just about anywhere. My issue is my electives could be wrong and I decided to take bio as my lab science rather than physics, which the school I want to transfer to seems to prefer (though in it's own degree guide seems to accept bio which reeks of discrimination towards transfer students).
>>
>>34059273
I'm saying that every semester I would check for changes in the guides, since standards change.
>>
>>34059305
sigh......................... i dont even know what im doing anymore
>>
>>34059115
fuck that have you seen those videos of the oil drills sperging the fuck out? dudes getting sucked down small holes, shit blowing up from pressure, giant crane shit falling down on your head.
>>
>>34059455
most CC have a catalog with the transfer programs, also the web site probably has it. I highly doubt that you have to go to the advisors solely for this info.
>>
>>34059981
Yes, but they always make a deal out of talking to an advisor. back before I made this mistake I thought advisors existed because people were incompetent and couldn't just look up the classes required by their school and the school they'd transfer too. This may not be the case, it may be because their guides aren't accurate.

But there is a lack of certainty on that the guides were ever accurate because they like to remind people to see an advisor.
>>
>>34059954
That's why you have to maintain constant situational awareness and trust in your engineer not to allow the pressure to get too high

Also you never stand underneath something being suspended by a crane or anything else that's just basic job site safety
>>
>>34060050
Email someone listed in the college directory as an advisor right now
>>
OP, I went to CC without a high school education, and the only reason I made it to uni and graduated was because of the academic advisors. Your school has them. Go see one. They will review your transcript and goals, and they will ensure you are enrolling in the right courses to transfer. I am still on a first name basis with one of them, without whom my graduation would have been inpossible.
>>
>>34060102
CC academic advisors are so much better than uni advisors it's unreal

I originally went to a big uni (30,000 undergrads) and the advisors were absolute shit they essentially just handed you a sheet with classes that fit your program then told you to fuck off

I would've done much better going to a small school where I could've been treated as more than just a statistic
>>
>>34059486
no I get that, obviously, I'm saying why could it be all that for nothing?
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.