[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is normie secret? They take a photo of their face with

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 7

File: pepeREEE.png (202KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
pepeREEE.png
202KB, 600x600px
What is normie secret?

They take a photo of their face with shitty camera and shitty light but they look 10/10 without any shooping

How is it possible?

When I make pic of myself I look even worse that in mirror

What the fuck
>>
>>34043339
People always say that you are used to how you look in the mirror, that's why you seem ugly or just weird to yourself when you see a pic of you.
I assume that you take care of looks to looks better in the mirror? So your adjustments just don't fit in photos?
Also, I have the exact same problem. I may actually see myself like a Chad sometimes in the mirror, but in pics I am a retarded walking shit.
>also the first reason for me not to have any social media
>>
File: IMG_3685.jpg (1MB, 2448x2925px)
IMG_3685.jpg
1MB, 2448x2925px
You have to keep the flash on so as to capture the subtle nuances of your face.
>>
File: dasdasd.jpg (176KB, 1080x766px) Image search: [Google]
dasdasd.jpg
176KB, 1080x766px
A'ight, I don't mind sharing a few of our secrets.

1. Learn your good side.
There's a an old saying that everybody's face has a good side and an evil side. Due to minute amounts of asymmetry, everybody has one of their face that looks garbage compared to the other side. Find out which side that is for you and avoid it.

2. Learn your angles.
Just because one side of your face is less attractive than the other, doesn't mean you should exclusively stick to photographing from that angle. Positioning the camera directly in front of your face tilted only very slightly down towards you is usually a very good angle as it emphasises the eyes and narrows the jaw. Don't do any of this extreme Myspace angle shit, it never looked good.

3. Download a camera app.
Nobody takes picture using their phones default camera app, we use camera apps which employ live filters and lighting adjustments (as in the filter is already overlaid on the screen when taking your photo).
I personally use this one.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cyberlink.youperfect&hl=en_GB

I highly recommend the Candy or the Soft Light filter.

4. Take your photographs in natural lighting.
Nobody, and I repeat NOBODY, looks good in shitty, dull, bathroom lighting, which I suspect is where you've probably been trying to take pictures. A poor lit environment with one light situated on the ceiling directly above you results in grainy, high-contrast, unflattering imagery.
A good place and time to take a photo is during the day, up very close, facing either directly towards your window or with your back directly against the window.. Alternatively take it outside with your face facing the sun directly. Natural lighting is your friend.

5. Buy some equipment.
Invest in either a ring light, a reflector (these are very popular and very good), or a selfie stick. If you want to go the whole hog buy some studio lights and then you won't need to take photos during the day exclusively.
>>
File: autism.jpg (157KB, 540x720px)
autism.jpg
157KB, 540x720px
>tfw jawlet with a thin face in pictures
>tfw looks wider in mirror
>>
>>34043750
Shave, style hair, better clothes

Boom

You Chad
>>
>>34043750
>raise hair
>expanddong.jpg if needed
chad
>>
>>34043824
>>34043853

Growing out my hair atm.

How can I be chad as a jawlet though?
>>
>>34043879
protip: keep a consistent beard and it is not that noticable
>>
>>34043691
>3. Download a camera app.
>Nobody takes picture using their phones default camera app, we use camera apps which employ live filters and lighting adjustments (as in the filter is already overlaid on the screen when taking your photo).
Shit, really? That explains so much.

>4. Take your photographs in natural lighting.
>Nobody, and I repeat NOBODY, looks good in shitty, dull, bathroom lighting, which I suspect is where you've probably been trying to take pictures.
>5. Buy some equipment.
Invest in either a ring light, a reflector (these are very popular and very good), or a selfie stick. If you want to go the whole hog buy some studio lights and then you won't need to take photos during the day exclusively.
What about lit mirrors like this?
>>
>>34043930

Fuck...people guess my age as 19-20 y/o when I shave. Much older with beard.
>>
>>34044085

>Shit, really? That explains so much.
Yup. I mean, that's not to say that people don't occasionally use the default camera, but the lighting conditions have to be A+ and that changes dramatically dependent on time of day, lighting placement, environment etc.

>What about lit mirrors like this?
I honestly couldn't tell you without seeing it in action. You'll have to use one and see for yourself. Ring lights and softboxes are GOAT though. I mean, look at this girl for example, she's beautiful right? Perfect skin, almost luminescent, but look at her pupils. see that circle? Ring light baby. They soften everything.
>>
File: tumblr_muzxpyzGKh1qicobao1_1280.jpg (281KB, 933x1400px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_muzxpyzGKh1qicobao1_1280.jpg
281KB, 933x1400px
>>34044085

Then there's this girl, you see from the reflection of her eyes that she's being photographed with a ringed softbox directly in front of her. Nobody looks this good irl, even this model doesn't look this good irl, it's just the lighting.
>>
>>34045081
>>34045127
Damn, this changes everything. I've clearly been completely confused about the amount of planning that goes into good selfies. I'll definitely look into apps and those lights, hopefully the latter aren't too unaffordable. Thanks, anon!
>>
>>34045537
desu there isn't THAT much planning that goes into it at all once you're doing it semi-regularly. It's just a case of A. be presentable/looks nice, B. lean into some natural lighting, C. open your camera app and take a snap.
>>
>>34045727
Well yeah, once you have the right lighting and app figured out it must be a snap, but I didn't realize I needed either of those to be a specific way to begin with.
>>
stop giving a fuck? since when has this become a board about being more like a normie
>>
>>34046065
>being able to enjoy picture of yourself in your best years makes you a normie

I think you just hate everything don't you.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.