[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You don't actually want a gf. You don't actually want

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 1468126294180.png (234KB, 500x380px) Image search: [Google]
1468126294180.png
234KB, 500x380px
You don't actually want a gf. You don't actually want to have kids.

It's very disconcerting how we can have this desires programmed into us by evolution but we're self-aware enough to realize that these instinctual drives aren't actually worth it. These things aren't net gains.

Trust me, a gf is cool for like the first 2 months, but then it just devolves into bullshit and fucking problems EVERY TIME. You fucked up universe. You need to give me a greater incentive to pursue a mate, or I'm just not going to fucking bother.

Don't get me started on kids - that shit isn't worth it FULL STOP unless you're a millionaire.

These weak incentives become all the weaker if you're born in this period of human history, where women have unrestricted access to the entire male gene pool (tinder, social media, etc) and getting a job that pays enough to comfortably support a family is 1,000,000:1 unless you are especially gifted.

What is the move here? Just smoke weed and play video games? Because that is what society and my brain keep telling me. Like, what do you honestly expect people like us to do nowadays?
>>
>>34042742
>kids
My friend has a son.
God that kid is so autistic.
>>
>>34042742
I know for a fact that I don't want screeching rat spawn in my home that'll only grow to hate me no matter what I do to raise them.

It's not fucking worth it.
>>
They want a gf and kids before their wife and peers realize that none of it matters. They want to make sure they have their mid life crisis at the right time, in the middle of raising teenagers and holding a relationship together that was doomed from the start.
>>
>>34042742
That's my move. I don't think there's any better alternative.
>>
Just as kids and a wife are basically cucking yourself, so too is getting lost in escapism. The true path is to improve yourself for yourself. Lift, create, read, hike, and travel. The Internet and vidya are traps just like kids are. It's so hard to break out, I know it first hand. But every time I relapse into hedonism I know I was happier before.
>>
>>34042958
>Implying improvement is objective

also lol

>hike
>travel

How would these improve anything in any way?

I understand lifting improves your strength and health so at least there's that

But reading?

Hiking?

Yeah you can improve in video games too that doesn't mean it's something worth pursuing depending from what you want
>>
I kinda want to have a gf for a few months so I can convince myself that I dont need or want one
>>
>>34043032
I should have clarified: improvements and experiences. Life is finite, so we should strive to be the best we can be, and do the most we can do. It doesn't have to be hiking or travel, but I guarantee that if you do a hobby that gets you outside the house you'll be happier than a purely indoor existence. Yes, achievements are subjective, but when you're as old as me and you look back, anyone would rather remember seeing real sights than seeing virtual ones.
>>
i want a gf very much
i would be so happy that i wasn't lonely
>>
>>34043032
he's a dumb hipster fag

hiking and reading sucks. traveling is overrated.
>>
>>34042742
>Trust me, a gf is cool for like the first 2 months, but then it just devolves into bullshit and fucking problems
I just wanna get laid and be a pussy magnet, fuck marriage and long term relationship. Too bad my genes weren't built for this.
>>
>>34043097
>lift
boring grind
>create
boring and takes too much effort
>read
doesn't really make you different from anyone who watches anime
>hike
pointless, looking at trees isnt that exciting
>travel
costs a shitload of money you have to slave away for
>>
>>34043211
You sound terribly boring. Life is about more than just what is immediately engaging to the senses. You foolish Hedons follow your flawed philosophy for decades and wonder why you're miserable.
>>
>>34043074
Prepare to get your shit fucked up.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.