[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So robots, which faction were you in fallout 4? Brotherhood masterrace

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6

File: FB_IMG_1479354208378.jpg (10KB, 480x397px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1479354208378.jpg
10KB, 480x397px
So robots, which faction were you in fallout 4? Brotherhood masterrace reporting in.
>>
>>34040831
>Hypocritical Luddites
No thanks.
That being said, none of the big three were moral, or even logical.
>>
File: Snapchat-233326701.jpg (79KB, 480x782px) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-233326701.jpg
79KB, 480x782px
>>34040831
Ad victorium brother.
>>
>>34040831
I was institute.
On another note
They removed too many RPG aspects and caused the game to degrade in to a open world call of duty, the new perk and attribute system had no balance what so ever and a character with 10 intelligence 1 luck a high charisma and everything else even spread can dominate the game, reaching level 15-20 before reaching diamond city, your choices have near to no effect on the world outside the narrative,unlike its predecessor game fallout new Vegas where every little choice you made influenced your ending, companions were so buggy it gave me cancer, NPCs have no reactions to anything that you do once you deticate yourself to there faction and the overall quality of quest gameplay was run and gun at best
>>
>>34040931
If your problem is with difficulty, try Survival.
>>
>>34040910
Frankly the best would have been a combo of the institute and brotherhood. The institute for progress in tech and medicine, and the brotherhood for boots on the ground and stability in the wastes.
>>
>>34040944
I t s n o t j u s t d i f i c a l t y desu~
>>
>>34040931
I think the mechanics were the best in the series, if they had just applied rug elements from the best 3d fallout(new Vegas) it would have been near perfect.
>>
>>34040831
Brotherhood is the only true path. Unfortunately my last playthrough broke. Ingrum never gave me the quest I needed while porting into the synthstitute.

So instead my Forged-turned-brotherhood took over, lied to father about being the patent I encountered, and killed 11 days after beginning my comming of age trial and eventually led the institute to ruin before finding nuka world and becoming the bandit queen
>>
>>34040956
I would argue that the Institute is completely unsalvagable. They suffer the same issue that all factions do in Fallout. They're viewing the world through a lens that was fractured after the bombs fell.
In the case of the institute, they sacrificed their humanity to further their scientific pursuits. They are a magnification of the Cambridge Polymer quest by a million times. Because of this, they can't comprehend the significance of creating an artificial being with free will.
The Brotherhoods isn't as complicated. They've lost sight of the hypocracy of using advanced technology to kill people threatening others with advanced technology, trampling over everyone and everything to accomplish this. For example, Bunker Hill.
>>
>>34040831

I was Railroad, proudly so, and butchered all oposition.

I did it because of Lt. Cmdr Data. To queote:

"Are ready do condem him and those who come after him to destitution and slavery?"

-Picard
>>
>>34041107

On a a sidenote, Fallout 4 was a pretty shitty game compared to 3, and especially NV.
>>
>>34041107
The Railroad would be a jusifiable faction to follow if they weren't so simple minded. No sane leadership would order the destruction of hundereds of years of scientific progress. Especially after they had gained access to the teleporter, destroying the entirety was redundant and barbaric. Another little chronic issue that most factions have; single mindedness. It's why war never changes in the Fallout universe.
>>
bethesda makes shit games and you should all be ashamed of yourselves
>>
>>34041078
The brotherhood in this game seems to be what fallout 3 was alluding to. I mean they were basically cape wearing good guys in 3, but the outcasts even said that turning them into a wasteland stabilization force was a slippery slope, and that they might become nearly as bad as the enclave they fought so hard to destroy. I felt that the institute just needed better leadership, which if the rpg elements were better, the player could have provided. Say what you will about the brotherhood, but they really cared about the wasteland and its people.
>>
>>34041160
I had fun playing a game, why does this trigger you? What games do you prefer to play?
>>
>>34041154
Well, arguably, its what lead to the war in the first place. But honestly I liked the factions in NV the best out of 3d fallout. Even the great khans had more depth than any fallout 4 faction and they were a secondary group.
>>
File: ge.png (102KB, 390x392px) Image search: [Google]
ge.png
102KB, 390x392px
>Institute master race.

They're cool.
They do their thing.
They're really cool.

(Even if, the enclave was cooler.)
>>
>>34041225
>enclave
>cooler
The enclave were basically a shittier version of the institute combined with the worst parts of 4s brotherhood.
>>
>>34040831
f4 is a shit game
i pirated it and uninstalled shortly after i got the power armor
>>
>>34041269
Then leave the thread? Why do people like to bother posting on threads you have no interest in?
>>
>>34041173
>>34041173
I guess that's another point of contention I have with the Institute, and with most factions. The leadership by default seems to be terrible across the board. As for the Brotherhood, I'll simply say that they are as valid as any faction in terms of stabilization. I don't approve of their views on technology and research, and I wouldn't support trying to emulate a central government across a very large and hostile swath of territory.
>>
>>34041173
This. The codex was a necessary restraint to them.
>>
>>34041301
So I suppose you didn't much like the ncr either? Not judging just asking honestly. I went with independent personally.
>>
>>34041217
Too many cooks in the kitchen as it applies to Fallout lore. It's unfortunate that instead of fixing past weaknesses, the FO teams just discard most everything that has come before.

The story was indeed the aspect of FO:NV that I admired the most. Out of every faction, I believe House would probably be whom I would support. He had a territory that is easily controlled, and doesn't get greedy. Scientific advancement is a priority for him, as is personal freedom.
>>
>>34041301
Even though I agree their leadership is pretty shit, the Brotherhood did in my opinion have the best leadership of any of the Fallout 4 factions. The railroad seemed a bit unhinged and crazy, and The Institute was completely out of touch. The only thing I can really fault Maxon for is going a bit extreme, but he certainly seemed very devoted and serious about helping the people of the Wasteland.
>>
>>34041354

I am also
>>34041386

I've illustrated my reasons for liking House. If I was forced to choose a second, the NCR would be it. They have a moderate amount of personal freedom, and do place a focus on scientific development. An advantage they have against House is that they have a staggeringly huge population. This is a double edged sword, however; they need an equally staggering bureaucracy to maintain it.
>>
File: Enclave_Symbol_(FO3).png (35KB, 1020x1020px) Image search: [Google]
Enclave_Symbol_(FO3).png
35KB, 1020x1020px
>>34041264

I know. But they were the only faction that had an actual plan on how to fix the wastes.

Okay, that plan was "Kill everyone who doesn't like us"
But it's better than:

>"WOW We MID AGES NOW YEAAH"
>"Let's destroy the evil thingo >:C "
>"hurr durr I'm helpin!!!"
>"HE hEHHEH Nobody will see me here!"

Enclave had:
>Power.
>Resources.
>Boots.
>Organization.

Also you can see the pride and Burning desire of rebuilding Society in its soldiers.
And that's the only thing that can push a population to do something.
They're evil? Maybe.
But They were the best thing for humanity in The fallout world. The institute lacked of touch with the surface.

>Rebuild old america.
>Be great again.

>>34041386
Also yes. Mr. House was the best thing for New Vegas.

>Power
>Control
>Army
>Science
>Freedom.

Overall, he's the best faction in the whole fallout universe.
>>
>>34041386
I really did like house, and would even go as far to say anyone who chose independent is a bit egotistical. I mean how in the hell do you think that you're going to be able to run this territory better than the man who has kept it up and running since the bombs fell?
>>
File: 1467913702281.png (99KB, 500x341px) Image search: [Google]
1467913702281.png
99KB, 500x341px
Who /did all missions from every factions till it came to the point of decide and went for Institute/ here?
>>
>>34041413
I would agree that the Brotherhood had the best leadership in the game. It's just my usual gripe that they're "helping" for the wrong reasons, using inefficient methods.
>>
>>34041481

Right here. Loved blowing out the railroad. How could a robot side with anyone but the institute? You can literally make your dream waifu.
>>
>>34041475
The House always wins. He does have obvious character flaws, but he cares about that which he oversees. I'm most attracted to the idea of continued space development. Beyond finding a way to leech the radiation from the planet, finding a new one seems like a good option.
>>
>>34041465
great points about the enclave, and those points are the same reasons more or less that I supported the brotherhood in 4. They just seemed so determined to rebuild society. Take Danse for example, all he wanted to do was help and he was willing to fight and die to do so.
>>
>>34041527
Institute was the most robot faction, but even as a robot I understand that is not a good thing. not a christfag but something about the way they played god and seemed so cold about it threw me wayy off. besides even if the were flawed the brotherhood was based AF. I would say the minutemen was the best solution for long term stability, but they side with whoever you do. All they needed was manpower, and if you side with the brotherhood they get all they would ever need.
>>
>>34041455
>they need an equally staggering bureaucracy to maintain it
exactly their biggest weakness. if they were more akin to the minutemen in how they governed they would perhaps be better. at the same time though I am unsure that would even work on such a scale.
>>
>>34040831
Mythic Dawn desu
>sweet ass robes
>acolytes who need to be violated
>magic and shit
best cult i ever joined.
>>
>>34040831

>Fallout 4

what? lol
you casual newfags leave and go back to plebbit
>>
>Fallout 4 out for such a long time
>people still not accepting the minutemen are the clearly superior faction

It's like you guys don't want to play that game to its full potential
>>
>>34041923
I agree that they are the best for wasteland stability, but they lack the strength or science to really maintain. they are best paired with either the institute or brotherhood.
>>
File: n.png (267KB, 800x500px) Image search: [Google]
n.png
267KB, 800x500px
>>34041712
Eh, But that's the fact.

Brotherhood's mentality has no faith into humanity.

They see themself as paladins of justice, bringing the truth from their high place.

They look like mid ages monks:
>Everyone's a sinner.
>Slay the eretics.
>God gave us all we need to know. To know more, is to go against god.

They believe into the brotherhood creed. Not in the OLD GOOD AMERICAN VALORS of Democracy and Freedom.

The Brotherood is more fascist than the (Mostly, i'd say extra repubblican) Enclave.
They both go for the "Like us or else"
But even if the enclave's crimes are worse, the mentality of The brotherhood is more strict.

That's why I say Mr. house is the best faction in the whole fallout universe.
>He's basically an illuminated monarchy. Without the flaws of succession.
He leaves the population free, pulling the strings.

Saldly tho, he's the only faction that wouln't work in a bigger country.

He's an all rounder. To make things simple, because I'm supposed to study and not sperg in fanta-politics.

Between power (Territory control)
Individual Freedom (stability, revolution free)
Science (development for future, welfare)
The only thing he lacks it's "ideology", but to be honest, he has an army of robots who would die for him anyway, so it makes up for that in the army side.

Enclave sacrifices Individual Freedom for more Power and control.
But has a strong ideology.

Brotherhood, eh, A wrong and not lasting ideology in my opinion. Power, yes. Lack of individual freedom. A bad managment of Science.
>>
>>34042124
Brotherhoodfag here, and I think you make great points. I like the brotherhood because they are like a post-apocalyptic crusade. that being said, they are wrong because of that. and I actually agree that their ideology is more fascist than any other, and the way they are in fallout 4 shows where that goes. I like them but they are not right. I just love rping a tech priest desu.
>>
I gave FO4 two solid play thrus. Its a decent game but wore me out... the perk system could be better. Luck of course is broken af

my second time I made a melee character that p fun and different.. but got tired of only using the super sledge. Overall it got a lot of play time, but I dont think id do it again.
>>
>>34042250
I guess I'm a Brotherhoodfag if anything too, but I could care less about their ideals. I just side with them because they're the closest thing to a faction that has their shit together. (Aside from the Institute I guess, but those guys are boring as fuck in their stupid hidey hole.)

>>34040944
I couldn't get into survival. If it were a totally different game I might've enjoyed it but I thought it didn't work with the game's storyline, and there's not enough worth doing in Fo4 to make it worth just roaming around on survival.

>>34043067
Oh man, if you think luck is broken, try a high-level stealth VATS melee build. It's literally "teleports behind you with a katana."
>>
>>34043237
>nothing personal, synth
>>
>>34043237
Stealth builds are always OP in Bethesda games.
>stealth archer in skyrim
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.