[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw your therapist wants you to go to a arts and crafts group

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 7

File: 1477374107097.jpg (29KB, 599x581px) Image search: [Google]
1477374107097.jpg
29KB, 599x581px
>tfw your therapist wants you to go to a arts and crafts group with him to get you out of your comfort zone
>>
File: 1481233355958.jpg (77KB, 670x503px) Image search: [Google]
1481233355958.jpg
77KB, 670x503px
>going to a therapist when you have /r9k/ watching ur back
>>
sounds pretty based

maybe, you know, this is helping out of your autism zone
>>
>>34036361
>tfw have to talk about my sex life with my shrink tomorrow
>tfw she'll never understand fetishes and how fucked up my only 2 times having sex did to me
>>
>>34036361
This is exactly the kind of shit I need. I wish my therapist would recommend something like this because I'd feel weird asking about it.
>>
>>34036376
r9k is the complete opposite. r9k will tell you make a noose already and end it
>>
File: 1483763880384.jpg (110KB, 850x565px) Image search: [Google]
1483763880384.jpg
110KB, 850x565px
>>34036388
what makes you think your therapist's advice will be more accurate than that?
>>
>>34036361
Is your therapist cute?
>>
>>>therapy
He has no idea how fucked you are and is trying to put a bandage on a bullet wound
>>
My therapist asked me to go to a group therapy session and said "I'll go with you!" like that makes it more appealing.

I declined
>>
>>34036361
he sounds like he cares, i'm jealous
>>
>>34036361
Just tell me how the fk would that help you ?
Therapy us just a meme anon for normies.
I went to one, he was just seeing the tip of the iceberg. Only meds work, luckily i made him get me some meds by saying i would like to continue therapy shit then i never came
>>
>>34036494
>he was just seeing the tip of the iceberg
> i never came
this is probably your fault
>>
Yeah, I got offered one, I'm too awkward to take it up regularly though, and it's a way away somewhere I got jumped on the way back from once.

Plus to get there I gotta go past the vets where we had to put my dog to sleep.

And the people there are sorta all shades of special needs, so I'm filled with discomfort around them, because It reminds me of being stuck with the special needs kids in school.

My own prejudice really, but I can't explain all this to the guy because I'm afraid I'll come off like an asshole.
>>
>>34036408
has a a lot of acne scars
not very old though, he's only like 28
>>
File: 1483545023537.png (943KB, 1320x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1483545023537.png
943KB, 1320x1080px
>parents forced to switch health insurance
>therapist is no longer covered
>sessions will go from $25 to $150
>have to keep paying or give up on a year's worth of progress
>>
>>34036544
>tfw canadian
>therapy is 100% free
>>
>>34036384
How in detail will you go? I have been considering talking about sexual stuff with my therapist but I'm not sure what details I can really give without it getting weird.
>>
>>34036384
Wait, are you a guy seeing a female therapist or are you a girl?
>>
File: doitfaggot.jpg (117KB, 631x475px) Image search: [Google]
doitfaggot.jpg
117KB, 631x475px
>>34036361
Suck it up and get to it.
>>
>>34036690
but i'm scared about all the people that are going to be there
>>
>>34036663
She said I need to into detail because she believes it's the source of my depression, usually she talks to guys about not having sex causing depression, but she wants to know what happened.
>>34036679
guy
>>
>>34036791
Understandably, but if you don't confront your fears nothing will change. It's part of life.
>>
>>34036800
I find that kind of strange. Even though I would in many ways prefer a female psychologist because I feel I find women easier to talk to, it would also make me uncomfortable because I don't want to be aware of whether or not I find my therapist attractive every time in go in to therapy.
>>
>>34036560
>tfw american
>am 100% free
>>
Just goto a church and do confessions.
>>
>>34037693
>tfw american thinks they are 100% free
>>
>>34036361
It can actually be very relaxing and therapeutic anon.
>>
>>34038311
it's going to be painful and awkward and everyone is going to know i'm retarded
>>
>>34038141
What kind of a feel is that?
>>
>>34038482
a smug feel
>>
>>34036388
yes, free advice and it's the most prudent choice of action.
>>
>>34036791
therapy isn't about feeling comfy all the time
>>
>>34036361
>tfw too much of a man to get therepy

I've already introspected that I'm a little fucked up because I got left alone too much. Then I watched way too many westerns and action flicks, romanticized masculinity and individualism too much. Now I have vulnerability issues and can't allow myself to become attached to girls.

At least my mom bought me stuff when I wasn't with baby sitters or day camps. And I got to talk to my dad over the phone. People have it much worse than me. Therapist wouldn't tell me anything I haven't thought of already.
>>
>>34038816
>tfw too much of a man to get therapy
more like too much of a pussy to even give it a try
>>
>>34038816
>Therapist wouldn't tell me anything I haven't thought of already.
why don't you go see if they have anything to say about your thoughts
>>
>>34038860
They wouldn't tell me anything I don't know. Besides, I'm not being held back from anything but having an actual relationship. I have a full time job, a career goal, and a fuck buddy. I work out everyday and don't drink too much for it to get in the way of my life.
>>
>>34038910
what the hell is a fuck buddy
>>
>>34038921
A chick who has casual sex with you a couple times a week but isn't your girlfriend.
>>
>>34038816
Therapy isn't about figuring out why you're fucked up. It's mostly about figuring out what you can do to improve your mental health. You will only go over your childhood if you decide it's worthy of talking to your therapist about.

>>34038892
You might be surprised. Sure I heard a lot of stuff I thought I would, but he also told me I shouldn't expect or even waste my time trying to get my dad to quit drinking, because it never happens unless they do it on their own initiative and even then it's unlikely. I was expecting he would try to have me stage an intervention or some shit
>>
Tbh that sounds like a good idea and the fact that he will be there with you would make it less uncomfortable
>>
>>34038910
The only way they couldn't tell you anything you don't know is if you knew everything.
Also sometimes being told something by someone else instead of telling yourself is what you need.
I'm just trying to help though, never did therapy myself so I am just saying what I assume
>>
>>34038946
Nah, I work at an addiction rehab center. People either want to change or they keep drinking/using. Family can't stop them. When he starts pissing blood maybe he'll stop. It's not your responsibility to tell him how to live or change him. The most you can do is call him on his shit. When he's ready he'll ask for help.
>>
>>34039170
That's pretty much what my therapist said, except he said even with rehab there is only a 20% success rate.
>>
>>34039170
this so much, I abused weed for almost 2 years constantly hating myself for it but telling myself I will stop once my life gets better, but then I realized no one was gonna get me out of this and improve my life other than myself so I quit
Life didn't get better yet but I hate myself a little less
>>
>>34039210
Addicts and alcoholics really have to lean on one another and work the program to stay clean. Like I don't fully agree with the twelve steps, but it does work if the people actually try for it. My fwb just got her 4 years off heroin last month. And I've seen plenty of older men who keep with it. But it's very, very hard to change an old man. If you think we're hard headed and stubborn, we get worse with age. My stepdads a talk radio conspiracy loon and my dads a status focused asshole. I can't change either of them and I'm not going to try. Substance abuse is just the same. The dude wants to drink, let him. But you can still call him on it.
>>
>>34036361
>having a therapist

what are you some normie faggot?
>>
>>34039284
yeah don't try to make them stop but don't just let them think what they do is acceptable
>>
>>34039222
I was a stoner for two or three years as well. Flunked out of college. I'm back on track now.

Positive thing was I was lifting and I basically weed bulked up 30lbs then when I stopped smoking two skinny joints a night I dropped the 30lbs and looked much better.
>>
>>34039369
well i was and still am a skelly but at least i am more aware of my life now, instead of just going through the motions every day. It's only been three weeks though so it's not like I am expecting that much, but from 2-6 joints a day to 0 was still a drastic change, hoping i will be able to gain some weight now cause apparently weed fucks with your metabolism
>>
File: image.jpg (187KB, 782x665px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
187KB, 782x665px
Dearly beloved,

We are gathered here today to get through this thing called life. Electric word, life, it means forever and that's a mighty long time. But I'm here to tell you, there's something else...

...the Afterworld...

...a world of never ending happiness. You can always see the sun, day or night. So when you call up that shrink in Beverly Hills, you know the one, Dr. Everythingllbealright, instead of asking him how much of your time is left, ask him how much of yo' mind baby.

'Cause in this life, things are much harder than in the Afterworld. In this life, you're on your own.
>>
>>34039401
Dude it made me eat so fucking much. I was eating a carls jr combo plus a pizza every day. Plus whatever snacks my mom had. My buddy would get too couch locked to eat and he lost weight from weed.
>>
>>34039665
i ate aswell but i don't think my body properly processed it
>>
>>34039726
I don't think you ate as much as you think. A carls jr double western bacon cheeseburger is like 950 Calories alone. A large pizza is like 2000 Calories. Add fries, soft drinks, and a bunch of cheetos and brownies to that and I was probably eating like 4500 Calories a day.
>>
>>34039765
oh shit yeah i was nowhere near that
>>
File: tumblr_mxdfqfA3lP1rmvej6o1_400.jpg (58KB, 388x286px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mxdfqfA3lP1rmvej6o1_400.jpg
58KB, 388x286px
>>34036560
>wait 6 months for treatment
>die
At least it was free.
>>
>>34036800
>not having sex causing depression
Or, you know, both being results of the same problem, rather than causing each other in a spiral. I'd honestly get a 2nd opinion, because that's going out on a limb.
>>
>>34036560
lol no it isn't you lying sack of shit
it's like 300$ a session here in BC
if you don't have a benefits plan through your employer or are on some government plan.
But if you don't have either of those then open your wallet and the shrinks will follow.
>>
>>34040329
it's not like that
it's based on priority
if you need treatment now, you get it now, if it can wait and there is a line up, you will wait
with therapy there is no wait time, i got in right immediately
>>
>>34040450
im not lying buddy
im in alberta and have two therapists, i haven't paid a cent
i have no idea why you are paying, i went to a walk in clinic and they referred me to a mental health clinic and it had all been totally free
>>
>>34040584
i should also mention i am a neet and had no benefits from the government when i started and it still was covered
also had was a typo
>and it had all been totally free
meant to say has
>>
>>34040630
what about dental and glasses if you wear em?
>>
>>34040655
i haven't seen the dentist in forever, never had glasses
but when i last seen the dentist it was covered through my dads benefits because i was under 18
i would of had to pay if it wasn't for that
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.