[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any robots in the military? I'm considering joining in a

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: 1468804739283.png (106KB, 612x655px) Image search: [Google]
1468804739283.png
106KB, 612x655px
Any robots in the military?
I'm considering joining in a year or two (The Australian one anyway but I suppose it doesn't make much difference).
Do you miss out on much if you go this route? Doesn't seem like I'd have the opportunity to get a gf and a social life if I joined.
Also the lack of privacy is a concern for me. Perhaps i could get over it i dunno.
>>
File: 1482775257232.jpg (71KB, 600x491px) Image search: [Google]
1482775257232.jpg
71KB, 600x491px
>>34035455
Honestly I've been thinking about it. Know a guy in the military, talked with me a bit about it. Basically from what I've heard from him is that they fuck you over hard. He hates his time when he's on the job. But afterwards, he enjoyed the experience of it. Would like to hear what other anons say about it.
>>
Not in it but also planning on joining the military. I've got a entrance test on the 15th of Feb. Hoping on becoming a naval officer.

Go luck in you're endeavour op!
>>
>>34035520
>they fuck you over hard
im sure it's worth it to be stronger and feel like a badass in the end.
i've wanted to join ever since playing hm2, as stupid as that sounds

>>34035535
good luck anon
>>
Yes, probably the best decision I ever made. I'm a better person over all and qts are definitely more into me when they find out
>>
>>34035636
how many years were you there?
are there qts you can date in the army or is that not allowed?
>>
>>34035629
Well that's also what he told me. They basically shock you at the start of basic training. Some people can't take it, others deal with that shit. You want the guys who can take punishment. Not guys who pussy out at the first hard shit they encounter.
>>
>>34035520

Never been in the military, but a ton of my friends joined.

A consistent thing you hear is that it's pretty shitty to be enlisted.

If I were you, and if it is possible, I'd consider trying ROTC or getting your degree before enlisting. Apparently life in the military as an officer is fucking great. In the US it equates to ~30k a year, free housing, insurance, discounts wherever you go, and not having to be shitted on bc you're not enlisted.
>>
>>34035455
I'm considering joining too, seems like a good way to get some life experience and toughen myself up while earning a fair amount of money too.
>>
File: 1482776781559.jpg (395KB, 1347x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1482776781559.jpg
395KB, 1347x1000px
>>34035799
Well I'm actually in Canada, so that might make a difference. Almost done my degree as well, one semester left. It's a science degree, dunno if the military values that stuff or not. Still, would like to hear about what else your friends have said, might still be useful.
>>
I'm considering joining too
I have no direction
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.