[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've been a robot for my whole life, but I only really realized

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_8820.jpg (457KB, 1086x1536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8820.jpg
457KB, 1086x1536px
I've been a robot for my whole life, but I only really realized today that I'm truly going to be alone forever.

How do you guys cope with this? When did you first realize you're never going to make it?
>>
Random periods of onset dread and general questioning of every choice in my life happen pretty frequently after I realized this. Thankfully I cope pretty well because I'm autistic as fuck and have imaginary friends to keep me company.
>>
File: tfwthatfeel.jpg (188KB, 741x773px) Image search: [Google]
tfwthatfeel.jpg
188KB, 741x773px
>>34034353
>When did you first realize you're never going to make it?

I think the time I got my first job

>was a NEET for years
>Chuckled at NEETfrog threads on r9k, but secretly realized I needed to work.
>Started working
>Fucking hated it, dreaded waking up every day and dragging my body to work
>Realized this is life, you either work or you don't, and I was miserable in both cases
>I will always be miserable

There's nothing else. This is life. There's nothing beyond what we're doing right now. You're either a NEET, latched on to mommy, or working some soul deadening job.
>>
>>34034353
>How do you guys cope with this?

After you accept this to be true it doesn't require coping any longer. It's simply a fact of life, as much as any other circumstance of your birth.

>When did you first realize you're never going to make it?

probably around 21, my social ability has always been extremely damaged in that I've never had friends before throughout school and up until that moment. And I always thought that something was gonna change, I was gonna become more sociable and talking to boys and girls was gonna become easier.

Well it never became easier, and it's been 5 years since then, and the realization that I am simply not a friendly guy has actually really helped me in life quite a bit.

It's easier to succeed in work without being held back by the intrusive thoughts of some imaginary social breakthrough occurring, thinking that maybe somehow one of these days one of my coworkers might eventually be my friend, much less any of them being my girlfriend. It's easier to coexist with other people when you accept that, no, these people aren't going to be your friends and they are just coworkers. It's made me calmer, I suppose.

Call me melodramatic, but let me assure you, I HAVE tried. I've attempted to go on a date before, and I could barely shake the girl's hand. My problem is when I'm in social situations I have pretty extreme social anxiety, sometimes this leads to physical shaking, but almost always stuttering.

Anyways, that was before, and I feel giving up in the rat race to find a significant other really frees your mind. When that isn't a worry you can be free to plan life exactly as how you would want it, there's no X factor of maybe getting married one day in the works.
>>
>>34034469
I can relate completely anon. Deep down I want to be a normie, but it's just not possible. I've tried hard (as you have) and we're just not of the same breed.
>>
>>34034447
You could always be an entrepreneur. That's what I'm trying to be, anyway.
>>
>>34034412
Tell me about your imaginary friends anon.
I have one regular one, but I get a lot of intrusive thoughts so it's often not fun talking to them when suddenly there's all this distracting mental noise in the way.
>>
>>34034588
>I can relate completely anon. Deep down I want to be a normie, but it's just not possible. I've tried hard (as you have) and we're just not of the same breed.

Have you done anything to "cope" with it or do you accept it? Do you think you might go see some prostitute some day just for the kicks
>>
>>34035371
Nah, I don't like the idea of using a prostitute. Far too depressing

I just accept my fate
>>
>>34034353
when i was going through puberty and finally when i realised why i was the subject of bullying my entire life
>im butt fucking ugly
it totally ruined my confidence, now i dont even try anymore
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.