[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are normals really "happy" in life, or are they just

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: happiness.jpg (25KB, 460x307px) Image search: [Google]
happiness.jpg
25KB, 460x307px
Are normals really "happy" in life, or are they just better at hiding their true state? Is happiness just some big unspoken social performance that everyone else is in on? Maybe what really makes robots different is that they haven't caught on to the game yet. Or maybe most people are genuinely fooling themselves.

I mean, look at shit like facebook and instagram where people attention whore about how much they're enjoying their great lives. It just reeks of protesting too much.
>>
>>34032838
Normies are generally happy, but their happiness is derived from other people thinking they're happy than from their own enjoyment of whatever their doing. If you see a normie, for example, posting pictures of themselves dancing a club or something you can bet they're deriving more pleasure from the attention they receiving from other normies than from the clubbing itself. This is why you never seen normies with hobbies that require only themselves. You'll never see normies building a ship in a bottle or reading a book that isn't already the flavor of the month book to read.
>>
>>34032838
>>34032931

>edgy lulzimsodifferentand special tier posting

God I hate this fucking board sometimes.
>>
>>34032838
Is this hillary clinton with all the evil filtered out
>>
>>34033326

>God I hate this fucking board sometimes.

Kek
>>
>>34033326
>God I hate this fucking board sometimes.
>sometimes
>>
>>34032931

I think this is true. It really makes you think about the previous generation and how they lived. I think social conservatism is somewhat interesting even though I just tend to say "fuck it, let people do what they wanna." That and the fact that people actually had to make an effort to tell people about their lives -- i.e. seeing friends IRL, and not broadcasting to 500+ people at once.

I'm glad I disabled my facebook.
>>
File: 1339167399829.png (114KB, 360x365px)
1339167399829.png
114KB, 360x365px
>>34032838
Serious post:

Yes, normies are often happy but more often content and satisfied with where they are in life. They don't suffer from the crippling anxiety, self-loathing, and shame we do, and they're better for it. We're almost constantly miserable (or at least floating in some constant low-level anxiety and malaise) and it makes us petty and bitter.
>>
>>34033326
>doesn't refute it
opinion discarded
>>
>>34032838
Depends what you consider 'happy.'
>>
File: wallhaven-168599.jpg (344KB, 1920x1080px)
wallhaven-168599.jpg
344KB, 1920x1080px
>>34032838
I'd say no. Even people who you strive to be (models, multi-millionaires) struggle with happiness.
I think the big secret in the world is, there is no such thing as a constant state of happiness. I feel we are tricked into thinking constant happiness is an actual thing by social media, upbeat youtubers/streams, or whatever.
It's all just a quick temporary thing, and then you go back to your equilibrium which is neutral for most people (obviously different for depressed people).

Now, I'm sure some people get that happy feeling a lot more frequently than others, but I'd say in general it's all about even.
You don't get to see the side of a millionaire with endless ambition, upset because it's never enough. You don't get to see the picturesque couple when they are alone at home fighting of dumb shit. Or the face of somebody who posts their 'super awesome happy life' pictures after it doesn't get the amount of likes they hoped for.

Happiness is fleeting.
>>
>>34032838
I'm going to have to give this thread a bump for some intellectual discourse on this tranny loving shithole
>>
>>34032838
That pic is fucking terrifying
bloxx
>>
>>34032838
its quite literally all about keeping busy.
>>
>>34032838

As another Anon said, few people experience happiness as a constant emotional state. While "normies" might struggle with issues such as mental illness or social rejection to the same extent as self-proclaimed robots, many do still have pains and regret in life. Using Facebook as an example of anything is silly. Most people who are somewhat educated and just a little grown-up don't use social media as a 24-hour soapbox. The majority of my friends and acquaintances use it post vacation pictures, keep in contact with distant connections, and chat with the people they care about.

Not as many folks are willing to air our their dirty laundry, concerns, and discontents in a place where the world can see and judge. For that reason, a person who uses Facebook regularly might get the impression that everybody has a much better and more fulfilling life than them. That's largely because people are more than happy to post pictures of them on the beach in The Bahamas, but less likely to post pictures of them staring at a cubicle wall or stressing our over a parent's illness or partner's loyalty.

I've traveled a lot and post pictures of the places I go whenever I'm over the road. If I don't, I'll get messages from friends and family members telling me to - even if they're not nearly as invested in my life as I am, they still want to see what I'm up to.

Don't take social media too seriously. Of the 512 friends I have on Facebook, I regularly talk to 4 or 5. While I'm significantly more introverted than the Average Joe, I don't think most people care about their hundreds of friends, and their hundreds of friends don't care about them, either.

We're happy when we take breaks from the struggles and pains of everyday life. Some folks are naturally luckier than others or have managed to fit themselves into a niche in life that genuinely pleases them. Plenty of others just work and do the same shit every day. That's fine for a lot of people but not all.
>>
>>34034019
Refute what? It's all speculation. There's nothing to refute.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.