[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>What mental health problem(s) do you have? >What do you

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

File: 13b.png (1MB, 1080x1080px)
13b.png
1MB, 1080x1080px
>What mental health problem(s) do you have?

>What do you feel caused your mental health problem(s)?

>Have you ever received treatment for your mental health problem(s)? If so, what?

>How do your mental health problems affect your daily life? Work, School, Social Life, Relationships, Family etc.

>Is there anything you'd like to say in reference to this or do you have any advice/guidance for any anons suffering from similar? Is there anything you would've done differently in order to improve your quality of life if you could go back and change things in the past?

Thank you.
>>
>think of slightly embarrassing moment from my past
>uncontrollably shout "NIGGERS!" while alone in my room or car
>can usually control this if people are around, but not always.
>>
I'll start shall I.

>Treatment resistant clinical depression and anxiety. Possibly cyclothymia but undiagnosed.

>Mother was ill when I was younger. Severely bullied in school. Smoked a lot of weed when I was younger to escape from above problems and think it might have fucked my brain chemistry up. Also genetics.

>Yes. Been on Citalopram, Sertraline, Fluoxetine, Duloxetine, Mirtazapine... Tried CBT, counselling and been an outpatient at a psych centre.

>Nearly failed school and university but my natural ability helped me through to graduate with a good degree. Can't hack work however and am currently on sick leave. Barely have any friends anymore but have been doing okay with women. Not sure I'll ever be able to work a proper job.

>Don't smoke weed. Don't take so many antidepressants willingly without thinking about it more. Wish I'd had counselling when I was being bullied and my mother was ill.
make the most of being young.
>>
friendly bumperinooi
>>
File: 1446689057610.gif (2MB, 395x313px) Image search: [Google]
1446689057610.gif
2MB, 395x313px
>>34032031
>What mental health problem(s) do you have?Schizophrenia, depression, anger issues, alcoholism

A lack of a father figure, being lied to my entire life, being unsuccessful in every single thing I've ever attempted, dating a fucking whore co-worker, extreme lonliness

>Have you ever received treatment for your mental health problem(s)? If so, what?
Was put in a behavioral center by my step-dad and was put on prozac for years. Had therapists. Got off of it after 8 or so years, but now going on Lexapro after deciding I should go back to a therapist after punching a hole in my television. Spoiler alert: it doesn't work.

>Is there anything you would've done differently in order to improve your quality of life if you could go back and change things in the past?
I'd never take my ex back two times after cheating on me. I'd never go to that coworker party (because I was relatively new in town and decided to come out of my shell for once). Now I've become "that guy" and literally nobody will hang out with me.

The rope is the only option I have.
>>
>>34032357
Forgot to add insomnia to the list of thing mentally wrong with me. I take medication for that though, and it rocks; knocks me out and gives me a hundred vivid dreams a night.
>>
>>34032109
I can definitely relate to this although I shout something else (worse)
>>
>>34032109
What is that condition called hahaha.
>>
>>34032474
No idea. Some sort of tourettes? Haha!
>>
File: IMG_0106.png (908KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0106.png
908KB, 750x1334px

Major Depressive Disorder, Minor Social Anxiety

Being bullied every year of my school life, my best friend dying of cancer when I was 8 or 9
Taking Lexapro. Doesn't really work, but taking it keeps my family from worrying about me.
>How do your mental health problems affect your daily life? Work, School, Social Life, Relationships, Family etc.

I ended up flunking out of high school because I was too depressed and unmotivated to do any work.

My job doesn't require me to talk to many people, I just bag down chicken/rabbit/whatever food in the back of the store.

I haven't really talked to anybody from high school, mostly because I'm too embarrassed to see any of them, so I pretty much have 0 social life.
I hide in my room all day, so I have limited interaction with my family.

>Is there anything you'd like to say in reference to this or do you have any advice/guidance for any anons suffering from similar? Is there anything you would've done differently in order to improve your quality of life if you could go back and change things in the past?

I just wish I wasn't a massive failure.
>>
>>34032357
doesn't look like your taking anything for the schizophrenia. have you tried that before? maybe that could be something different that could change things a little.
>>
>>34032460
>I shout something else (worse)

don't leave us haning
>>
Anxiety, Panic Disorder, Acute Tension Headaches.

I realized that the headaches may be due to my posture and it also makes me more susceptible to anxiety episodes. I was on Sertraline for a few months and it did nothing(Only 25mg's though). I get anxious even when someone stares at me on the bus for no reason lmao.
>>
>>34032524
Also smoking weed every single day through my late teens triggered my first panic attack, the dominoes just came after.
>>
>>34032524
>the headaches may be due to my posture
Trust me, it's just dehydration.
>>
>>34032547
dude also had my first panic attack from chronic weed smoking.

i genuinely think that shit was a major factor in triggering life long mental illness for me.
>>
If you hear things are you schizoid?
I feel completely normal. Just sometimes I hear things that arr 100% not there (phobe ringing, woman screaming, loud ringing sometimes voices)
But I don't feel like I'm schizoid, like I don't cry and pain doesn't bother me but I still feel things..
>>
>>34032031
>anxiety, depression, borderline personality disorder
>depression comes from anxiety and bpd, anxiety and bpd are hard wired into there
>yes, medicine, therapy, group therapy, in the end the only person that can help me is myself
>anxiety has been fucking up some of my job interviews
>bpd has constantly fucked up my relationships, my family and I have a strained relationship now, gf and I have had a rollercoaster of a damn relationship, ruined a lot of relationships with girls and friends, tend to think friends are out to get me and cut them off without saying anything, or text them crazy shit drunk. I abuse drugs to feel good. Constantly have to reassure myself people are my friends and its just in my head, paranoid anxiety sometimes people trying to kill me

Things not to do
>try not to do drugs, try not to get into unhealthy relationships, no matter how "real" they seem, constantly monitor your mood, when you start feeling bad, remember its a side effect and it will pass. Always think about your long term goals and the people you want in your life in the future, the people that you actually care about and that you know care about you
>>
>>What mental health problem(s) do you have?
Paranoid Schizophrenia
>>What do you feel caused your mental health problem(s)?
Genetics caused it, first psychosis was triggered by stress, weed, mindfulness meditation, sleep deprivation. Basically I did everything you shouldn't do when genetically vulnerable to psychosis.
>>Have you ever received treatment for your mental health problem(s)? If so, what?
Conversational therapy every week with psychiatrist, which didn't help at all, now monthly check up with psychiatric nurse who knows her shit and helps me much more than old shrink ever did, actually checks my blood meds level and adjusts meds accordingly etc.
>>How do your mental health problems affect your daily life? Work, School, Social Life, Relationships, Family etc.
Completely changed my life in every aspect. Made me a neet, had to drop out of work and university, withdrew from social life and relationships even from family. Only now after years, I start to stabilize, and can work on building up my life again, little step by step.
>>Is there anything you'd like to say in reference to this or do you have any advice/guidance for any anons suffering from similar? Is there anything you would've done differently in order to improve your quality of life if you could go back and change things in the past?
Don't smoke weed (still working on that one myself), try to uphold a daily structure (still work on that one too), try to get out and just do things even if its really hard, don't loose hope, it will get better with time, it just needs lots and lots of time.
>>
>>34032607
>I hear voices and screaming and have no sympathy.
Yes, you're a schizo.
>>
>>34032550
Iv'e had it for almost a year non anon, And I also feel it in my neck a bit so I think it could be a neck problem.

>>34032599
Yeah I fell for the "it's harmless" meme/"dude it's not even a drug" meme. Any abuse of pschedelics has the potential to fuck someone up mentally given enough time if they have the predisposition.
>>
>>34032641
No dude you're lying you're just some cunt on the internet. If I go to a therapist will they put me in a psych ward? (parents are trying to get me to see a psych)
What are the chances I can lie my way through the psychs questions?
>>
Seems like use of illicit drugs prior to developing mental health problems is a small theme here.

I suppose it goes that: A person could be using drugs as they have or are developing a mental health problem.

Or the drug use could have triggered it.

Interdasting.
>>
>>34032684
>What are the chances I can lie my way through the psychs questions?
What do you mean "what are the chances"? You just lie. Just make words come out of your mouth that don't mean anything. I'd been doing it since the start.
>>
>>34032751
What if (s)he can tell though?
>>
>>34032684
schizophrenia and schizoid personality disorder are something different, you are, if anything, suffering from schizophrenia.

hasn't be to be this way though, just because you experience auditory hallus. if it's only that and there are no delusions present, I'd say there's nothing seriously wrong with you and you don't need neuroleptics.

I wouldn't lie to the psych though, just be honest and answer all his questions. if it's really schizo, you don't want it to get worse and want it to be treated as soon as possible and not left untreated. else you start to believe what the voices tell you, mistake them for real, and get delusional and things can get really out of hand fast in a really bad way.
>>
>>34032765
If they ask if you're lying, just say you're not.
Then cancel your appointments and cut her off.
>>
ADHD PI
Anxiety
Seasonal depression (SAD)

Unfortunate combination of genetic disposition and shitty family upbringing in a failing marriage.
Never felt the "family" feel until I was an adult and visited my dad's new family.
My mom has been extremely anxious since the whole ordeal and holds contempt towards my dad (and me when I spend time with him).

I've been to a shrink and has been prescribed adderall and xanax in the past. Currently just taking adderall as prescribed and binges my xanax with my friends once a month.

I can't make friends with any non-ADHD, 80% of my friends are diagnosed and the rest has a high chance of having it too. That pretty much limit my friend circle to like 10 people out of everyone I've ever met. Luckily I found a qt also with ADHD and has been dating her since October. I'd say I'm on acquaintance level even with my own parents. We talk and act "nicely" around each other but I don't talk about my problems with them. I have a likable image but I fear I'll be alone with my gf once uni finishes in a few years.

A lot of people also don't believe ADHD in adults older than 18, so I have to be discreet about my condition most of the time.

Don't do drugs. Don't start. ADHD's intrinsic addictive nature can be hidden until the moment you touch something addictive. Look at the clock, look at what you are spending your time on. You don't have a good sense of time.
>>
File: enough_by_hestertatnell-d9068vg.jpg (212KB, 800x1032px) Image search: [Google]
enough_by_hestertatnell-d9068vg.jpg
212KB, 800x1032px
greentext story incoming bois

>started in grade 10 (Sophomore highschool for you americucks)

>get unreasonably anxious and worried about school work

>lose my shit over the smallest projects and deadlines

>become paralyzed by my fear, put off work

>only makes it worse (obviously)

>start to get paranoid and jumpy about things besides schoolwork

>the anxiety creeps into every other part of my life

>I start hearing voices that aren't there

>they reaffirm my anxieties in some vague sense

>also tap in primal fears and anxieties

>always feel like I'm being watched or chased

>always hearing voices agreeing with these feelings

>in a constant state of fight or flight

>have to stop going to school

>worried that I'll actually physically assault someone if/when I snap

>feel like I am literally insane

>constantly have fucked up dreams

>feel hopeless for my future, start to feel numb

>depression sets in, all while I'm still be ridden my anxiety

>voices still there, now also telling me I am worthless

>start to visually hallucinate

>men in black outside my house watching me

>become full on paranoid

>just a mess of negative depressive thoughts, anxiety, paranoia, being harpies by voices in my head

>fail highschool (obviously)

I'm 20 years old now, still not finished highschool. I got on medication that works (which is not often the case for most severe physios/anxiety/depression issues. Still working off my last highschool credits online.

I have no idea what caused them. Just standard highschool stress plus whatever other random genetic and environmental factors.

I did get treatment, on medication now. The first combination of medications we tried completely stopped both the anxiety and psychosis. Extremely lucky that way.

After the medication, it doesn't really affect me at all. In the wake of it, I just have to catch up with the damage it did in my life's progress.

My advice, get on meds and get some therapy. Both those things are NOT memes.
>>
Um, BPD, bipolar, major depressive disorder, dissociation. Beginning to think/feel I'm a sociopath desu

Abusive childhood, alcoholic father, genetics.

Yeah. Hospitalized once, medication a few times, years of therapy.

I'm at the point where I feel almost nothing so I just fake it to make other people's lives easier.

Not really. My life is garbage and I know deep down it will never truly improve.
>>
>>34032031
Sentience

Evolution

Yes. Things that distract me from prolonged thought, like employment, drugs, music, television and my penis.

Everything is just kind of "meh".

If you haven't watched Black Mirror yet, watch Black Mirror. It's on Netflix.
>>
>>34032031
Social anxiety and depression

Honestly, no idea. I think I just got into a comfort zone and over time it's become harder and harder to leave my comfort zone

No, I don't think I ever will because I don't want a mental illness on my medical record

I used to have a really good social life, even some of you guys would possibly have considered me as a chad. My anxiety progressively got worse and now I don't like to leave the house and I've lost contact with a lot of my old friends. If I leave the house I often get headaches because it's so bright outside compared to how it is indoors.

Still in University but my attendance is really low, <50% last year. Also too anxious to get a job because that would mean that I'd have to interact with other humans. I haven't seen most of my family in 3 years

If I could go back, I would try my hardest to maintain my old friendships and see my family. The longer the gap is between the last time of communication, the more awkward it is to initiate communication, that's how I fell anyway
>>
>OCD
>Major depressive disorder
>Anxiety disorder
>Anorexia nervosa
>Bipolar disorder
>Sociopath

>Genetics

>I'm supossed to be under heavy, heavy meadication but no money

>I'm 18, barely go outside or do anything but watching youtube, gaming or sleeping. Last time outside my room was 6 weeks ago.
>>
>>34032031
Diagnosed with reactive attachment disorder, antisocial personality disorder and narcissism.

Shitty upbringing really. Never really learned how to see others as individuals. Shitty genetics too maybe, dunno.

Talking with a psychiatrist and a therapist, been put on several different types of medication, none of them were very beneficial.

Cant maintain relationships of any kind, have self destructive tendencies, social deviant type shit, issues with impulse control.

Nothing really alleviates the boredom for too long- robbing houses/people and other reckless behavior helps only if you dont face any consequences.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.