[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone here a teacher? I've been thinking about becoming

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: teachermememe.jpg (207KB, 1280x854px)
teachermememe.jpg
207KB, 1280x854px
Anyone here a teacher? I've been thinking about becoming one.
>What were the reasons you became a teacher?
>What do you teach?
>Is it worth it?
>>
>get paid nothing
>students don't give a shit about what you teach
>wake up early everyday
>shittons of work to do at home
>fucking kids are cancer

b-but muh summers off

don't fall for it OP
>>
>>34032209

What would be the best option for someone like me? I wan't a lot of time, so the fact that teachers get summers off is nice. I would like to be more free in my work enviornment I.e. not forced to sit on my ass all day and type in numbers and not forced to do intensive labor. Teaching seems like the best job for a lazy fuck like me desu. and plus, you're basically guaranteed a job.
>>
>>34032569
Teaching is a very social job if that's a problem for you
>>
What's the best teaching position and why is it history? Every history teacher I've had has been based as fuck. Coincidentaly, they were all male
>>
>>34032708
I think i could pull it off. But if there is a better option that could satisfy my desire to big vacation days, less on the clock forced restrictions, and other stuff, i would definitely do it.
>>
>>34032755
Who said anything about history? I feel like history is one of the least useful things to teach, since at any moment the state could lower your funding... but it seems easier than math or science
>>
>>34032755
>Ancient History: Most teachers are female
>Modern History: Most teachers are male

>one is a valuable subject that makes you think about the nature of state power, democracy, morality and the role of individuals in society
>the other is a autistic echo chamber of statistic quoting and masturbating over "muh Nazi Germany" or "Muh Soviet Russia"

Really jogs the brain bog.
>>
>>34032569
>I wan't a lot of time
You won't have a lot of time unless you teach younger kids.
>>
>>34032950
>Ancient History
>WW2

Really makes you ponder.
>>
>>34033055
How so? If i teach high school leveled, the most time consuming would be grading but i could structure my assignments where i would do very little grading (except for the occasional essay), i could do completely automated multiple choice tests too. Leave by 3:30 or 4:00 since i plan to teach something like history or english that won't require me to do after school tutoring. How won't i have much time, exactly?
>>
>OP is completely ignoring the fact that he will barely make enough money to support himself
>>
>>34031966
Teaching is the normiest job ever. Fuck off norman
>>
>>34032755
That's because they genuinely love the subject they're teaching. It's not like there's anywhere else for history enthusiasts to go.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.