[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

i quit my low wage wagecuck service job a few years ago and it

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 11

File: mcdonaldsfeature.jpg (25KB, 328x185px)
mcdonaldsfeature.jpg
25KB, 328x185px
i quit my low wage wagecuck service job a few years ago and it ruined my life

moral of the story , dont quit your "shitty job" life only gets worse

please listen to me

even if you feel like shit at work and you make minimum wage, dont quit
>>
>>33944644
nah i had to quit my restuaraunt job because of social anxiety.. was having panic attacks everyday and hiding in the back.. trying to find a job where i dont deal with people i did landscaping for a couple days i might start doing that
>>
story anon? how did it go bad?
>>
>>33944691
if you have social anxiety and you have a job you are blessed

and do everything you can to cope and keep ur job

because having social anxiety will make it 10x harder to do anything else if youre lucky enough to get more opportunities
>>
File: 133557267156.jpg (24KB, 400x346px)
133557267156.jpg
24KB, 400x346px
No, retard, the moral of the story is you can do whatever you want and you shouldn't do that shitty job if you don't want to.

You failed because you never branched out, networked, or learned anything valuable you could use to make money.

No wonder you're working a shitty wagecuck job, no wait you quit and didn't do anything else.
>>
Why would you not look for a different job before quitting McCucks?
>>
>>33944691
believe me i had unbelievable social anxiety and thats a big part of the reason i quit too

it doesnt mean anything

>>33944764
talking mainly to the people who have no hope in this world like me who has anxiety depression and mental illnesses
>>
>tfw no work experience, no extracurricular activities
How do I get a job?
>>
>>33944790
There are a million mentally ill retards making shitloads of money right NOW

I recently took advice from someone who stutters every sentence but he's right and makes a lot of money.
>>
>>33944811
Retail is always looking for new souls to suck away
Go stock shelves for the normies
>>
I wanna quit my job but I need a valid excuse or mommy will just push me to get another.
>>
>>33944811
just go apply for whatever bullshit jobs
someone will give you a chance if you hit the majorly cucked places

but its going to suck but its ok. your first job will suck, but its ok. life is really really really bad for people who dont even get to have a job and a roof on their head

so think about ur life compared to what it could be, even if you come home and cry everyday cuz u work at mc-cucks or u wash dishes somewhere
>>
>>33944644
Well there actually is a worse case scenario which is what happened to me.

I worked the same shitty minimum wage fast food job for nearly 10 years and was so tired of it that I was putting in the bare minimum of efforts at times.

We got new owners and I was shortly after shitcanned by them for a couple of bad shifts. This was 3 years ago and I've been too depressed/anxious/no self-esteem to get a new job since.

Quit if you truely hate it and you can get a new job. I actually did briefly work at another place during that time and while it was also a shitty job it was at least shitty in a different and more interesting way.
>>
>>33944874
>Retail is always looking for new souls to suck away
this

working christmas will make you fucking hate humanity as a whole (but especially minorities) and wish there was an "exterminate all life on this planet" button
and you would want to press that button

while still on the planet
>>
>>33944790
>it doesnt mean anything
what do you mean by this?
>>
>>33944644
what's the fucking story then?
>>
File: totg-short-bus.jpg (232KB, 1024x630px)
totg-short-bus.jpg
232KB, 1024x630px
>>33944726
i agree. everyone always sees "potential" in me. everyone always ask why i dont go to school.truth is i cant handle even the slightest pressure socially. i will probably work minimum wage for the rest of my life but i dont give a fuck anymore...
>>
>>33944811
The place I worked at hired literal retards and stoners and rich daddy's high school girls and just the absolute worst fucking people to have as employees, they even hired me!

Just go for the most basic stuff like fast food, bag boy/cart-pusher at a supermarket, stocking shelves overnight at some big-box store, etc.

If you graduated high school and can speak English you probably have an advantage over other people who would want that kind of job.
>>
>>33944933
i mean that ur social anxiety is worthless compared to the struggle of having social anxiety and no job to go along with it which atleast enables you to live a halfway decent life rather than a fully deprived one
>>
>>33945085
Well im much happier being unemployed and not having panic attacks or stressing my self out to the point of almost crying. Landscaping looks like the right job for me i dont care how hard it is as long as i dont have to deal with people ill be fine, social anxiety has fucked my life up to the point where idropped out of school 6 months before graduation
>>
>>33945179
it can only last so long
men cant operate unemployed forever nobody wants to pay for you eventually

its the sad sad reality

if you want to do landscaping thats cool if you have someone who just gives you the jobs but if you have to find customers thats not exactly a job with no human interaction
>>
>>33945229
nah i dont need to find customers i would be working for a landscaping company owned by a friend of a friend.
>men cant operate unemployed forever
tell that to all the robots getting NEETbux for no reason. They are living the life in my opinion
>>
>>33944764
Lol I just sent a crumb comic to a chick
>>
If I'm applying for retail with no experience do I bullshit the resume? Also, how do you robots live through the interview?

Just thinking about it makes me want to stay a neet forever, but I need money
>>
>>33944644
I quit my Mcjob and got a better one within 6 months, but it was a total coincidence that I actually got the 2nd job lol
>>
>>33945280
>tell that to all the robots getting NEETbux for no reason

its not that easy
those who do get it are very lucky people and had to wait years

and they usually do have some bad illness

im almost going to get them soon i have a court hearing coming up.

but if i had to do it all over again , i would keep my wage cuck job and live a normal life with a shitty job and hopefully move up in positions eventually

NEETbux is not something to look forward to.

its only 700-1000 a month its not "living the dream" by any means and youre tied to the government , its not true freedom

anybody who works a full time job makes way more than that its only maximum 12k a year thats poverty the average is 40k for a worker in the US
>>
Ive been working retail for 2 years and havent gotten a single raise or promotion

Im about ready to get the fuck out of here. Im about finished with my novel so I'll try shopping it around for a publisher.
>>
>>33944644
what were you going to do instead?
what happened?
>>
>>33944644
I finally got a job and the feeling is amazing. I actually feel like an "adult" now and feel like I'm taking control of my life. I don't even like drinking soda or junk food much anymore. I look back at my poorfag childhood and hate my parents even more than I do now. Getting a job has probably raised my test levels.
>>
>>33945714
good m8 good

i was actually the most vehemently anti-job person who posted in Neet/anti-wagie threads now saying that jobs are good
>>
File: 1445308484381.jpg (178KB, 1024x698px) Image search: [Google]
1445308484381.jpg
178KB, 1024x698px
>>33944644
>I worked a fast food job for a few years
>quit that job for a few years
>went to a trucking school
>became a truck driver at a decent company for a month
>then quit that job a few years ago because I'm fucking retarded
>now I'm $8000 in debt and hate myself

Quit your shitty job if you really hate it, but don't quit a decent job without a plan. Definitely don't go into debt unless you know that you can pay it off. Now I feel like I can't go back to working a minimum wage because I had a 40k per year job. The NEET life is at least comfy, a minimum wage job would kill me. What can I do that pays at least $10 per hour. Keep in mind, I have no documented skills, minus my CDL. Also, I can't go back to trucking at this point.
>>
File: 1444178701269.jpg (446KB, 1500x1263px) Image search: [Google]
1444178701269.jpg
446KB, 1500x1263px
>>33944644
Absolutely, OP.

There's just one thing and one thing only that separates the losers from the winners:

HARD. WORK.

We need be thankful, humble and most of all GRATEFUL to have the chance to work in the best system on earth.
>>
>>33946979
Mike Rowe is a giant faggot, holy shit.
>>
>>33946979
Wow. That whole thing was just "be a good slave to your boss". I could see how someone could have that viewpoint if they've only ever worked decent jobs, (like someone who did narrator work, and had a tv show), but it's incredibly out of touch with how things really are.
>>
Listen Robots, the only way you are going to get a better opportunity is if you get a degree or actually take your time to get CERTIFIED in a certain skill

This means sucking it up and going to a class. Certificates in something like IT almost guarantee you a robot friendly career.

You aren't going to advance in your shitty retail/food service/box factory job. You need charisma for that and everyone here knows you don't have that
>>
>>33947015

He literally is a faggot that lives in san fran. He also graduated college with a communications degree, never worked a real job in his life and did dancing/singing/theater.

He is literally a cum farting faggot that shills the trades. If he walked onto my job site I would hit him over the head with a crowbar.
>>
>>33947015
>Mike Rowe
>giant
heh
>>
>>33944644
Okay, Mr. Shekelberg.
Thanks for the post. I'll continue to be a good goy :)))))
>>
>>33947487
it certificates actually sound like a giant scam tho. you have to pay a hefty sum of money and quite a bit of your time to get certified, and even then the only thing you have is that you can say "yeah im certified at this random shit"
not to even mention all the indians that all have like 10 random certificates each
>>
>>33947591

They're not a scam but its far away from gurantee you a job. I used to work around a lot of guys in the trades, most of them don't have any certs. They had a father or an uncle that taught them the shit and got them into the union or whatever. Once again, you have to know people. Having a cert helps, but you're still SOL without experience or connects.
>>
>>33947591
My friend's brother was NEET and didn't get a job until he was 31. He now does call center IT for IBM and lives in his own apartment, he got a community college associates degree 5 years ago. Anyone can do it
>>
>tfw you're content having a wageslave job in a grocery store earning $30 an hour but your family keeps bitching about how "it's still not too late" and "you had so much potential
>>
>>33947777
30$ an hour is fucking rich bro
how the fuck are they dissapointed
>>
>>33947993
I dunno, I guess they thought I'd be a rocket surgeon or something. Which is weird, seeing as the rest of my family are trash people who've done most things wrong in life. We're talking having-2-kids-with-two-different-criminals-who both-are-deadbeats-starting-at-the-age-of-19 levels of white trash, like one of my sisters. I thought I did pretty well for myself.
>>
>>33947777
maybe they just want the best for you senpai

Also grovery stores are becoming increasingly automated. Depends what your job is though

Australia?
>>
>>33947777
I'm across this feel, my dude.
>go from neet shut in to being self employed in my own small business doing semi skilled labour making 60 dollarydoos an hour
>still get family members telling me I should be doing more with my life
"You were so smart and were always at the top of your class!!! So much wasted potential!!!"
Fuck off.
>>
>>33948153
>maybe they just want the best for you senpai
maybe, but they don't know what they're talking about.
I work as a department head. I spend a lot of time fixing schedules, making orders and the rest of the time unpacking goods. I estimate I have another 20 years before I'm obsolete. The reason why I make pretty good money is because I work every other weekend and I also have a couple of non-union bonuses for loyalty that they can't get rid off.
Nah, I'm danish.
>>
>>33948460
It's annoying as hell when you make enough money to support your lifestyle (I don't even budget my money, I just don't spend very much and still have at least 1000-1500 bucks in excess every month i put into savings) and yet these people who have no idea try to tell you how to live your life. Hell, the only reason most of my family have a job is because they work for the same disabled guy as assistents, who they manipulate to think he's a friend. they're not good people.
>>
>>33947777
>30 dollars an hour

What grocery store?

Also checked.
>>
HOW DO I GET A PROGRAMMING JOB WITHOUT A DEGREE SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP I CANT TAKE THIS SHITTY WAREHOUSE JOB ANYMORE.
>>
>>33948564
Yeah, it's ridiculous. All of my family are mindless code monkeys or work in hr or school admin or something. Lots of them have been divorced multiple times and clearly aren't happy.
I'm doing great and working toward achieving my goals but because I seek intellectual stimulation outside of my job they see me as lesser or something.
>>
>>33948659
can you program?
create a github account, create some projects and contribute to one or two as well
then it depends which direction you want to go into and what kind of programming you want to do
>>
>>33947777
dude $30 an hour is to kill for
>>
>>33948741
I can already code really competently. My Github has a few projects in different areas in about everything but web programming. The few times I've tried to make pull requests to projects they either just ignore me or tell me my code is shit. I feel like I'm just missing some next step I have to take to get connections.
>>
>>33948823
not that i want to shit on you or anything, but from my experience when people say they can code and dont have a degree, their code is usually a mess, and they dont really know much about basic algorithms and data structures along with their complexities
read a couple of books if you havent already. read sicp (its not a meme), read whatever book on basic algorithms and data structures (apparently skiena's book is now the thing for that, it used to be clrs), read clean code, and finally read some reference book for whatever language you program in
but if you already have all these down, did you try applying for any job yet? even if they have a degree as a requirement, just apply.
>>
File: 409.png (386KB, 600x701px) Image search: [Google]
409.png
386KB, 600x701px
>>33944644
Geez I wonder who could be behind this post? Get desperate for slaves to walk over like garbage shecklestien?
>>
>>33944644
I work as a bartender right now and I'm an autistic as fuck weirdo. I am in good shape and well dressed though. Work is hell 80% of the time. Guests show me no respect whatsoever and I hide behind my bar everyday. Too bad that I turn red when I talk to guests and ofcourse I get all the attention from all guests immediately as soons as I sperg out.
Do you know what its like to have no social value? People will literally feel offended when you breathe. It's insane. Yeah, I think about quitting every day and have been since my very first day. It was good for me to stick with it though I have learned quite a lot but it's still a long fucking way to go. Still wondering why they haven't thrown me out yet, honestly.
>>
File: 1462058174538.jpg (21KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1462058174538.jpg
21KB, 300x300px
I worked at ShitWay for eight years, and it led to me being hired on the spot somewhere else where I'm averaging $18+/hr at a mid end restaurant.

Don't give up on the McJob, robots. It really can get better.
>>
File: 1482906468554.jpg (5KB, 251x240px) Image search: [Google]
1482906468554.jpg
5KB, 251x240px
>>33944644
McDonald's is a multi-billion dollar worldwide corporation, treats their employees like shit, and exploit them by paying them minimum wage, working 12 hours at a hot grill or a hot fryer, and when you get out of there, you're all smelly and feeling like shit because you're exposing your body to hot high temperatures for more than 4 hours straight.

I work at a LOCAL hospital, I get paid $16 dollars an hour just making and receiving calls at an air conditioned office for 8 hours

The system is not fair
>>
>>33949004
Yeah I've been studying on the real concepts of Comp Sci like data structures and their complexities, OOP design, I know regular expressions and the strengths and weaknesses of certain languages or coding methodologies, and I've even experimented with building a computer from logic gates on a circuit simulator and building programs for it. I will admit my math skills might be a bit rusty, but I think I know what I'm doing. I apply to all the jobs I see that don't require a security clearance but I guess I can try applying to those as well. I will take your advice and look into studying those books you recommended.
>>
Is it possible to only work grill? Do you have to pour coffee if you work grill? I'm more scared of pouring coffee than I am of dealing with customers.
>>
>>33944764
that's the thing tho right

just gotta have a 3.5 and above GPA, network with and befriend top kids in the school hierarchy, be a fast learner that is so passionate about the chosen field that you'd work on working during your off time, get an internship at a fortune 500 companies (except entry level retail or food service because even retards can do these), then 3 years work experience with recommendation letter, shinning CV that makes the hiring manager cum hard

then you get in, you hit it with the coworkers and superior with superior interpersonal skills, learn the job fast with superior perception and work really hard to make yourself distinguishable, you'd be shinning so bright that your boss would feel guilty not promoting you and giving you rise

it's that simple, people, wake up
>>
>>33948769
I can't complain. I bought an apartment this year from saving 2 years, that's actually halfway decent. Even if I don't make a killing selling it later on, it's still nice to live in a place that's just been renovated. I don't see what I'm doing wrong according to my mom.
>>
>3 years ago i quit my 9$/hr retail job and pursued my dream of art
>now make 3-5k per month

ESCAPE THE CRAB BUCKET

YOU CAN DO IT
>>
>>33949296
it sounds like you have shit down, so i really dont know what other advice to give you
you are kind of in a shitty spot without a degree since a lot of recruiters seem to just bin applications that dont have any, but at the same time this is also a profession where personal projects can land you the job regardless of your education
i wish you best of luck my man, i hope you make it into the industry; once you are in it should get a lot easier to switch jobs later on
>>
I'm trying to enter an EMT program or become a merchant marine but don't know where to start
>>
>tfw comfy office job at college as advisor
>don't really do much during the semester, only beginning and end of semesters
>9/12 months of the year I'm just chillin, dicking around online and helping the occasional student
>weekends and holidays off

Not much room for advancement but still feels good man.
>>
>>33945476
>average 40k

Thats for people with actual specialized jobs, not mcwagecuck jobs that drain your soul like a large amount of people here

I'm just going based off Florida here since I live in FL, but the minimum wage is like $8.25.

To make a 40k salary you'd need to make $20/hr or more.
>>
>>33949504
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUpXdv2oV3A

This is essentially your post.
>>
>>33949802
i turned my art skills into a business over the span of 3 years. i now make a lower middle class salary, but i'm happy.
>>
Is my mindset right?

I have been reading a bit about various very different carrier paths I have had in mind (bachelor level, family situation doesn't allow for any longer), and to cut it short, it seems that every single one of them is over-saturated to a different extent.

The biggest controllable factors affecting your odds seem to be 1) transferable skills/ real world experience 2) recommendation from someone already in the field 3) GPA, which can be summed up as essentially distinguishing yourself from everyone else in a good way.

But, that's super hard. How do you do it?
>>
>>33949859
3-5k a month means 48k a year which is slightly higher than the average joe salary in the US (and that is including those who earn extra for having been there for decades)
>>
>>33949983
because of self employment my taxes are pretty high. i also need to spend money to run my business, which i write off on taxes but it still cuts into any lifestyle i plan to have.

after all that i'm about 36,000 in profit.
>>
>>33948823
>I can already code really competently.
>they either just ignore me or tell me my code is shit

Gee, I wonder which one is most likely to be.

Post code.
>>
>>33949393
why are you scared of pouring coffee?
>>
>>33949393
just ask to work in the back that covers making the burgers,grill and wash up i work closing shft though its a pain in the dick becuse in the back theirs more shit to clean
>>
>tfw already don't want to "work my way up" or "advance my career (not that I have one)"
Thinking about these things is already a little anxiety inducing and feels like a chore. I'll just deal with not having money.
>>
Not even gonna read this thread yet, let me guess OP's dumbass quit his job before having something else lined up.
Thread posts: 78
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.