[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are autists attracted to trains so much? fuck i love trains

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 8

File: engineer pepe.jpg (207KB, 935x1077px) Image search: [Google]
engineer pepe.jpg
207KB, 935x1077px
Why are autists attracted to trains so much?

fuck i love trains
>>
Autism probably
>>
Not autistic but I love trains too.

I think it's more because I enjoy steampunk shit so much though.
>>
File: IMG_0749.jpg (527KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0749.jpg
527KB, 1600x1200px
because normies simply cannot comprehend the majesty of a powerful locomotive, or a sleek EMU
>>
File: dlc.jpg (26KB, 635x127px) Image search: [Google]
dlc.jpg
26KB, 635x127px
Why are they allowed to take advantage of autists loving trains?
>>
>tfw spending a whole day going to various london underground stations once

I did this when I was about 18 on my own.
>>
File: 20160921_054105-1.jpg (1MB, 2870x1742px) Image search: [Google]
20160921_054105-1.jpg
1MB, 2870x1742px
Go to /n/. You will be welcome there.
>>
File: flying scotsman.jpg (138KB, 700x525px)
flying scotsman.jpg
138KB, 700x525px
What's your favourite train?
Mine is the Flying Scotsman
>>
Autistic individuals can't handle dynamic interactions, which is why socialization is hard for them. Trains are a 2 dimensional certainty. It brings comfort to autistic people as a result.
>>
I lke trains, but train stations have a bigger effect on me personally.
>>
>>32012549
Definet autistic
>>
Why do autists like dinosaurs?
>>
>>32012549
*unclogs drain*
>>
File: Train.jpg (769KB, 2304x1536px) Image search: [Google]
Train.jpg
769KB, 2304x1536px
>>32012528
>26 years old and still play with toy trains
The autism is real.
>>
>>32012528
Because trains are fucking great some of my fondest memories where spent playing with Train sets
>>
>>32012528
For many autists:
They are very predictable because they run on tracks
They have lots of schedules and timetables for autists to memorize
They're loud and cool but as noted predictable and quite docile so long as you're not on the tracks
There are lots of makes and models to memorize

Personally I'm still drawn to them because I childishly view them as cool. I have an ASD diagnosis but I'm more drawn to planes. Describing my love for both planes and trains is hard because really it's just a strong feeling of attraction and "aesthetic" to flying or speeding along tracks. I can't name many trains (and those I can are mostly the British-Rail name instead of class number, So Sprinter/Pacer/Turbostar instead of say Class 145/150/180 or whatever it is.)

I tend not to memorize performance, just make and model.
>>
>>32012528
holy shit this is me......do I have autism
I love toy trains though and used to stack up blocks when I was a baby
>>
I think airplanes are cooler desu.
>>
>>32012528
Shit I don't even go anywhere if the train doesn't go there. Places that trains don't go to are worthless trash.
>>
>>32013010
I work in a hobby store and I see a lot of men in their mid 30's buying expensive model trains, it isn't that uncommon, that shit can be pretty expensive for youngsters.
>>
>tfw you also loved trains as a kid
The more i look back on my childhood the more i realise how autistic i was and continue to be
>>
>>32013010
I still play with Thomas and friends train sets, the sort with tracks designed for 3 year olds.
>>
I rode a train yesterday.
>>
>>32013306
I'm into pre-WWII stuff specifically. I haven' bought anything new in years, but from what I've seen the prices have been coming down quite a bit lately, so I might get back into buying soon.

I went to an train market once mostly catering to the pre-WWII through mid-century era and I think I was the only person there under 40. Most were baby boomers or older. Kind of wish there were more young adults involved in the hobby.
>>
File: class91.jpg (386KB, 1280x841px) Image search: [Google]
class91.jpg
386KB, 1280x841px
>>32012685
class 91, mostly out of nostalgia
>tfw no more beautiful GNER livery
>>
Trains are cooler than some of the stuff modern autists are obsessed with (Sonic the hedgehog, My Little Pony, anime etc.)
>>
>>32013314
fuck same although i cant afford an actual diagnosis
>>
>>32012528
because they drive the same route everytime
>>
>>32013411
Reminder there is literally nothing wrong with liking sonic
>>
File: happygucci.jpg (24KB, 330x552px) Image search: [Google]
happygucci.jpg
24KB, 330x552px
same here
I fucking love trains they make me so happy
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.