[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who /guitar/ here? >tfw you blast out Two-Headed Boy on your

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 14

File: 1444829359259.jpg (156KB, 746x982px) Image search: [Google]
1444829359259.jpg
156KB, 746x982px
Who /guitar/ here?

>tfw you blast out Two-Headed Boy on your shitty acoustic, and you're screaming the lyrics at the top of your lungs and you're strumming hard, loud and fast as fuck and there's nothing your normie mother, brother or his gf can do about it
>tfw you feel like nothing can fucking touch you or top you

So why haven't you picked up an instrument yet, robots?
>>
I play too, just got into recording demos and actively looking for a band. I love it
>>
I produce

usually weird ambient stuff but every now and then I make a normie track and upload it to soundcloud
>>
because instruments are for fucking chads, i for one produce ambient electronic witchtrap starbuckswave for m'equisite music fulfillment
>>
>>24077696
>>24077725
LOL
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxrobot
>>
>>24077635
There is something very humbling and satisfying about picking an instrument.. and just playing the fuck out of it.

There really is no better feeling. Not even sex. When you are in the zone, nothing else matters except what you are accomplishing right then and there.
>>
>>24077635
I would love to play acoustic. Im just fucking retarded with any instrument. Ive tried and failed so many times.
>>
>>24077725
If you're mocking my post I play guitar as well
>>
>>24077962
>There really is no better feeling. Not even sex. When you are in the zone, nothing else matters except what you are accomplishing right then and there.

I remember when I first started out, initially I thought I was retarded like >>24077973. Didn't really help that I had no real teachers. But FUCK after a couple of months of trial, error, and nightly practise, when I finally got into that zone man... that feeling was just incomparable to anything else I'd ever experienced before.

I knew after that I just had to never stop playing. Honestly, playing anything and falling into that state of mind can just blunt the end of a rough day for me. A little cliched, but it's a genuine sentiment nonetheless.
>>
>>24077635
Every time I see a massive faggot attention whore, he has a guitar.
>>
File: 789049.jpg (73KB, 631x600px) Image search: [Google]
789049.jpg
73KB, 631x600px
>>24077962
>ywn feel this level of passion and motivation
>>
>>24078120
Yeah but usually its a cheap classical guitar with nylon strings because they are too plebby to actually use a normal, larger acoustic with steel strings.

I know exactly what you mean though, there is a mutual friend I know who is a faggot through and through and is everyone's best friend. Was uploading videos of himself singing and playing normie tier songs a little less than a year after he started.

Pretty sure he has his own little fucking entourage too. Christ. He's also a 'professional' photographer to boot.

"a friend to all is a friend to no one"
the greeks know best
>>
File: 1442113519289.png (61KB, 350x368px) Image search: [Google]
1442113519289.png
61KB, 350x368px
>>24077635
I play guitar. Self taught, took me about a year before I could play something resembling a song. I was 14/15 at this point and a Nirvana fan. My dad hated it and would always bring me down for it. I can see his point now, Lithium or Smells Like Teen Spirit is simplistic and my Cobain obsession was cringe inducing, but man it'd be nice if just once he complimented me on something. Teaching yourself to play guitar isn't easy and takes a lot of dedication. We moved to the US from Ukraine in 02. My dad is a fucking simpleton but would try to give me music advice. Even though he never played guitar he'd try to tell me how I should strum. It would make me furious. There was a time when I hated him. Back in Ukraine, he'd go on months long alcohol binges and he'd never be home. Whenever he was home he'd ridicule me because he thought that was the way to make someone better. Only last year he realized that shaming someone to an inch of their life in front of everyone isn't the way to inspire someone to do better. He's now surprised that both of his kids are drug addicts and acts as if he instilled only good things unto us.

Yeah, Anon, I play guitar.
>>
>>24078190
>tfw i play guitar too
>tfw i take photos too

am i a faggot r9k
>>
tfw don't have discipline to practice daily and push through stagnant skill level to become very good.
>>
>>24078248
A silent one.

To add another thing, this guy gets people to pay him a couple of hundred (may be exaggerated teebeehayche) to take photos at parties. 8 times out of 10 though, someone else takes the photo but he makes sure to be standing alongside the subject(s) of the photo. Like they're paying for the privilege of being in this guys company, and for the recording of the event.
>>
File: heh.png (132KB, 500x436px) Image search: [Google]
heh.png
132KB, 500x436px
>>24078266
iktfb

fire's not as strong as it used to be
>>
>>24078243
OP here, also self taught. Sorry to hear that man. If I had gone through the same thing while trying to learn, I wonder if I would've practiced long enough.
>>
File: 1443733518884.jpg (72KB, 709x765px) Image search: [Google]
1443733518884.jpg
72KB, 709x765px
>tfw self taught for around 4 years with constant rests, endless unproductive cycle of learning and unlearning
>barely played few songs because I was autistically caught up in "exercises to build up technique"
>finally got lessons due to mom pressure
>high school stacy soul singers and chad wanna be guitarists everywhere, only pretending to be the calm adult when they are around keeps me together
>teacher greatly overestimates me
>wants me to participate in some group concert for all his students around Christmas
>16 fucking love songs about fucking love
>I also have to cover most of the solos since I'm the only who can play them

But the worst part is social contact. The kids man, the kids. Little stoner hipster degenerate faggots talking about sex all the time.
>>
File: livingdream.jpg (31KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
livingdream.jpg
31KB, 800x450px
I'm still learning, but despite that I jam the fuck out some times even if I might not be playing something that actually sounds good.

I live in an apartment building- I can only imagine how the neighbors feel. Then again a crazy crackhead lived in this particular apartment before me so they might just be glad I don't have groups of drug addicts visiting.
>>
>"played" guitar for 11 years
>put on some course by parents because I once mentioned wanting to play guitar
>no motivation to play at all, never practice
>still awful after all these years
>start uni, lots of guitarists here
>everyone is better than me due to hard competition
>get a bass instead

Bass is the real deal. No need to shit out complex stuff to impress, no need to stand in the spotlight. Just you and some deep tones.
>>
>>24077635
I do play guitar. Even started to take classes with a professor and it became a fucking nightmare. I mean a nightmare. I just want to punch my guitar teacher so fucking bad. There have been sessions in which I had really to control myself not to choke this fuck. The guy is a total douche.
>>
Music and gym are pretty much the only things that stop me from being a truly kissless virgin outcast.
They give me goals and expression.
I am grateful for music
Id recommend learning an instrument to robots.
Play the type of music you like
Pick up guitar its the coolest and simplest
Drums are pretty simple but expensive and loud
Bass is great fun but it's ability as a solo instrument is limited in pop
>>
>>24078465
I'm guessing the guitar = sex hasn't worked out for you then
>>
>>24078906

That's a myth. if you look for sex you'll find it.
I just wanna live in a basement away from people.
>>
>>24077635
>tfw can't play and sing at the same time
i guess i'll go fuck myself
>>
File: 1432828294012.jpg (127KB, 843x604px) Image search: [Google]
1432828294012.jpg
127KB, 843x604px
>>24077962
I had this.

I played classical guitar and was invited by a scout to study abroad at an academy.

Instead, forced by my father, I got into computer science at a nearby college and failed the first year. After my father found out about how bad I was in compsci he got so mad he took my guitar and slammed it on the ground outside so I "don't get any other stupid ideas".
>>
I am trying to learn piano.

I used to play a bit of guitar a few years ago, but it wasn't the instrument for me.

I just want to play some blues on the piano and learn to improvise a bit.
>>
File: 1446485292801.png (32KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
1446485292801.png
32KB, 640x400px
>>24077635
Wonderwall?
>>
post riffs musicrobots.

Learning, or to be precise memorizing smoke on the water's solo atm.
I've stopped giving fuck about 1:1 playing or tone, or anything like that.
I just wish to be able to play and eventually make music, so I can have at least one thing I'm half decent at in my life.

http://vocaroo.com/i/s1eiX8sXtHoX
>>
File: 2401006846_frt_wlg_001.jpg (100KB, 488x1250px) Image search: [Google]
2401006846_frt_wlg_001.jpg
100KB, 488x1250px
>>24079623
If my father did some shit like that I would probably try to kill him.

You don't fuck with a musicians instrument
>>
File: 1394978315065.jpg (27KB, 314x246px) Image search: [Google]
1394978315065.jpg
27KB, 314x246px
>>24078243

God damn anon, if you are still around, I know the shit out of this feel. My father is also a fucktard like that, always shoving his half-knowledge and inner thoughts he should keep to himself down others throats.
Slav parenting is fucking cancer.
>mfw he told me I am a no one who does not believe in anything, contrary to him, who wears his cross to this day while not setting a foot into a church his whole life and being everything a good christian dhould not be
>>
>>24078243
>Lithium
>Simplistic
Hope ya OD
>>
File: 1435015500704.png (76KB, 189x217px) Image search: [Google]
1435015500704.png
76KB, 189x217px
>>24079839
Nirvana is a shitty rip-off of the PIxies
>>
>>24078243
>playing those shitty songs
pls
>>
>>24078465
so you were the autistic one i take it?
>>
>>24077635
>Two-Headed Boy

this is literally the best song for this, I fucking love you OP
>>
File: 1439669599349.jpg (14KB, 500x321px) Image search: [Google]
1439669599349.jpg
14KB, 500x321px
>>24079951
>Pixies
>Where is my mind
>Nirvana
>SUCKING THE WALLS OF HER ANUUUUS, MARIJUAAANAAAA
>>
>>24079837
For real. I don't think slav parents in their 40s/50s realize just how much of a disconnect and of a fallout they have with their kids. I came here when I was 12, I speak their language and remember the culture well but I grew up here and am vastly Americanized.

>always shoving his half-knowledge and inner thoughts he should keep to himself down others throats.

You perfectly put into words that I was struggling to find despite so intimately knowing this feel.

I'm a 25 year old man, the shit he said/did to me/my sister/my mom brings me down to this very day. His way of upbringing us has made me into an insecure, never certain and always second guessing myself type of person.

He claims he was the perfect father despite me seeing him cheat on my mom, beat her, stay so wasted for months that he can't walk, get wasted and shit in the middle of the living room and be gone for weeks at a time. I'm not even going to get into our interpersonal relationship highlights.
>>
>>24079839
Lithium is simplistic. It's nothing but power chords, just like the rest of their songs. Cobain had a knack for making those power chords sound anointed. Or maybe his producers did. Nirvana in general is a great way to learn to play guitar especially from the rhythm side of things.
>>
>>24080122

Yeah the balding one.
Hey Chad, you in open relationship, man?
I saw your gf stacy making out with that ginger hipster fag with the pseudo beard, you know, the stoner kid.
If you are, then I'd really be grateful if you help me get laid man. She's a real qt desu senpai.
>>
>>24078412
I gave up a lot. I'd just stop playing for a month because I'd get frustrated with my lack of ability. But every time I picked it back up I felt like I could play a little better. As cliche as it sounds, weed also helped me song writing abilities. It'd help me forget that I suck and help me focus on translating an emotion into music.
>>
>>24080072
Hey, I was 14. I was a complete 90s grunge/alt rock whore up until 18-19 or so. What did you listen to at 14?

These days I like to play Beirut and stuff like that.
>>
How do I nail the F chord, also forgetting the names of the chords and wanting to pick up the piano to supplement my guitar
>>
>>24078243
>>24079837
>tfw dad is actually really good at guitar
>tfw never at his place for him to teach me
>>
>>24080450
Use the index finger to cover all strings, middle on the ground string, pinky on the D and ring on the E.
>>
>>24080450
>How do I nail the F chord?
This is really gunna disappoint you.
Practice. You're nothing without it.
>>
>>24080504
I'm sure he knows that anon. You should of given him the true answer.
practice until your fingers kill you
>>
>>24079677
Who the fuck is this? Simon?
>>
File: 1443811593250.jpg (24KB, 393x386px) Image search: [Google]
1443811593250.jpg
24KB, 393x386px
>ask /mu/ for advice

>oh bro just b urself
>lol u got shit gear check this pic of the custom beauty i just bought
>Hello there goyim, may I show you the solution to your problems with this small stompbox only for 666$ without shipment...
>haha yeah that shits awesome i got 2 of those
>thread archived
>>
>>24078676
There's competition and technicality for bass too you know. Just listen to
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8e8qXxwDu8

>>24077635
Yup, /guitar/ here. Here's some improved wankery over an electro loop I made yesterday
http://vocaroo.com/i/s0V3cYquEAux
>>
>>24080526
Its garfunkle you fucking mongoloid
>>
>>24080915
I like your wankery m80
>>
i'm thinking about getting a banjo; I have no other experience with string instruments

any tips?
>>
>tfw /drums/
>>
>>24077962
How do you learn to play an instrument? Do you just play or do you have to learn how to play notes? How do you make a song? PLEASE HELP!!!
>>
i've played for like 16 or 17 years. my main is tele
>>
>>24081279
Depends on the instrument. For guitar, tabs are sufficient. For piano, you'd need to learn to read sheet music.
For all instruments, learning super easy songs at the beginning then moving on to a higher difficulties one step at a time works well.
To make songs, you should learn how to improvise first, and that's mostly done by learning some scales and practicing.
>>
>>24081191
banjo is good in small doses. once you start playing banjo in every song it all starts to sound the same to the people listening. that's one of the big reasons everyone memes about mumford and sons songs all sounding the same
>>
>>24080915

I know there's bass competition, I'm not stupid. I'm talking about the local market. There's like 7 guitarists per bassist in my uni.
>>
>>24081371
Would a regular 5 string be good? I know they are used in a lot more music than a 4 string, which is mostly used in Irish music (Though Brian Warfield uses a 5 string). Also should I get one with a resonator?
>>
>>24081362
Thanks. I have a piano and some music sheets already.
>>
>>24081279
Did you just move here dawg literally google it
>>
>>24081279
Self taught. What I did was learn songs I wanted to play first. Made it pleasant to learn. If they were too hard, I'd try something easier and come back later. After a while I also realised the little numbers on the tabs I read corresponded with letters like Am or G#, making chords/notes. Seems fucking stupid, but that was the moment where it theoretically all sort of clicked for me, however rudimentary it is.

After that you learn those chords/notes through these songs and get your rhythm right, then you mix and match those sounds to make your own songs. They always sound like shit the first time, so all you can do is keep writing more until they're good.
>>
>>24077635
You're a fucking faggot.
Thread posts: 65
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.