[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

TICONDEROGA STAR QUEST v1.1

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 5

File: Yandere_Moth.jpg (44KB, 532x299px) Image search: [Google]
Yandere_Moth.jpg
44KB, 532x299px
Still in Chargen Edition.
First disastrous starting thread here: >>77419

IN THE TERRIFYING BLACKNESS OF THE VOID, YOU ARE THE LIGHT. Mankind expands to the stars, and with it encounters an entire galaxy's worth of problems. Far from finding other older races, humanity has become the uplifter-race, the only known sentient species to have left its own home under its own power. Hypercorporations engage in economic conflict through mercenary armies and private security firms over valuable resources. Hackers and cyberterrorists wage electronic war over interstellar distances as governments rise and fall within heartbeats. Artificial Intelligences manage our communities and toy with the idea of committing genocide. It is an age of unparalleled advancement. It is the era of the Faster-Than-Light Drive, the deep-space explorer, the free-thinking machine, and the friendly neighborhood alien. It is the era of space warfare as it has never been known before, with ships of truly astounding scale being built and crewed by millions of volunteers to defend against all foes, both real and imagined. It is this era into which you are to be born, citizen. The era of TICONDEROGA STAR.

Welcome to Ticonderoga Star Quest, an adventure set in a persistent and constantly-expanding universe in the far future. Players will be helping contribute to a nascent universe by guiding a specific character through the many perils that exist in the vastness of space.

Having learned their mistakes, the brave GM attempts to once more elicit interest in their quest! Should we begin anew, or keep what little progress that's been made?
>>
>>88689
Let's start over, without the chucklefucks from that thread.
>>
>>88756
I'll take it!

So then, let's begin with who you are.

CHOOSE YOUR RACE:
>A Human. The most prolific and advanced of the races in civilized space, Humanity was the first to leave its own solar system and uplift the aliens it found during its journeys.
>A Chimerae. The Chimerae are the result of human-alien gene splicing by a rogue corporation. Legally found to be sentient and deserving of rights, the Chimerae now rule their own world and run the very corporation that created and tormented them. Chimerae are always female due to the nature of their creation.
>A Consortia. The Machine Consortium holds all heavily-cyberized humans, posthumans, androids, sentient AI, and thinking machines as its members. Having earned their right to legal autonomy through civil rights movements and not a few armed uprisings, the Consortia are still loyal to humanity, but there are seeds of unrest.
>Ch'tauk. A race of massive avians, the Ch'tauk were the first alien race uplifted by humans. Highly intelligent and some of the best navigators around, the Ch'tauk are a noble people held in high regard by humanity as a successful example of uplifting.
>>
>>88831
They're all interesting, but I'll take Human.
>>
>>88831
A busty Chimerae. I want a charismatic big-titted xeno.
>>
>>88831
Chimerae.
I want my cat and fox girls
>>
>>88831
Human because I'm too vanilla for my own good.
>>
>>88876
so do i. either a flat-chested catgirl or a big-titted harpy. there is no in-between.
>>
>>88831
>A Chimerae. The Chimerae are the result of human-alien gene splicing by a rogue corporation. Legally found to be sentient and deserving of rights, the Chimerae now rule their own world and run the very corporation that created and tormented them. Chimerae are always female due to the nature of their creation.
>>88876
Me too.
>>
>>88689
Off topic but do you know if there's going to be a 3rd Layer of White? The story is so good!
>>
>>88831
Human
>>
>>88876
Good news: you aren't getting either. Get with the program or take your ball and go.
>>88896
Technically a Ch'tauk-genotype Chimerae with the "Expressed Heritage" Biomodification trait is akin to a harpy, but there are no immediate plans for animal girls in this quest. If you folks don't like it I'm sorry, but this isn't your magical realm.

This is mine. I'm the Big Wizard.
>>
>>88831
Consortia.
>>88896
>>88876
>>88907
Pretty sure OP had only three choices for last thread for Chimerae, psychic moth, bird and lizard.
But if he's changed his mind, I want a scorpiongirl
>>
>>88933
Ch'tauk Chimerae. If I can't have a small titted foxgirl, I'll go with a small-titted harpy instead. It'd be easier to pass off as a man if a situation needs it to.
>>
>>88831
Human. We can do genetic research to become the monstergirl
>>
>>88689
I'd go for Chimerae too, it could be interesting!
>>
>>88831
Real Human bean.
>>
>>88995
Not to mention that picking Consortate/Humans would inevitably turn this quest into Warhammer 40k.
>>
File: 1462656327301.jpg (165KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1462656327301.jpg
165KB, 500x500px
>>89029
>"What's wrong with 40k?" he asked facetiously.
>>
>>89058
>"Nothing!" he says nervously, trying to look good for Commissar-chan
>>
EXCUSE ME? Was it the birds who figured out how to launch a semi-sentient sack of protiens from thebouter arms to the Galactic core, and then decided to take everyone along for the ride?

We're going human. It's the only race worth talking about, and the only one worth being. Damn Xeno-lovers.

Secondary vote to degenerate robot Husbando attempting to learn about love.exe
>>
>>88689
OP you better be writing the best goddamn intro ever, or your dead
>>
>>88831
>>A Chimerae. The Chimerae are the result of human-alien gene splicing by a rogue corporation. Legally found to be sentient and deserving of rights, the Chimerae now rule their own world and run the very corporation that created and tormented them. Chimerae are always female due to the nature of their creation.

Try it the fuck agian
>>
Human
>>
>>88831

Ch'tauk because BAVI, secondarily because they sound really cool.
>>
>>89682
Ch'tauk chimerea. Harpies.
>>
>>89330
With this vote, voting is closed.
Human: 6
Chimerae: 5
Consortia: 1.5

You are a Human. Ambitious, avaricious, philanthropic and a bit of a neurotic, mankind has all the best tech and none of the morals to restrain its use.
Now we choose background and other character options.

CHOOSE YOUR BACKGROUND:
>Spacer. Born on a starship, your first steps were in microgravity. You learned how a star chart worked before you knew what Earth was. You made friends of the crew, and your adaptation to the Void was not unnoticed by the ship's captain. As you grew, so too did your responsibilities, until eventually it was you at the command chair, guiding your childhood companions safely through space to profit. Choosing Spacer grants you the Aerospace and Technologist upgrade paths.

>Earthborn. A child of the homeworld, you were considered one of the blessed generation. Wealth, genetic improvements, and the finest tutors were thrown upon you. While you absorbed these luxuries as though they were as natural as breathing to you, in your heart you craved a true challenge. Invariably your lust for adventure drew you to the stars, where there were infinite worlds and infinite ways for you to assert your belief in your own superiority over others. Choosing Earthborn grants you access to the Communications and Earthborn-unique Birthright upgrade paths.

>Free Colonist. Whatever the cause, your ancestors decided that the womb of their species was worth leaving and struck out into the stars. Some of them fared better than others, but your people were fed up with the whole "central government" thing anyway. They saw the mythos of the Final Frontier as just that - a literal frontier, where lawlessness was the norm rather than the exception. Pirate Queens, rogue Economist Princes, and the dogmatic Galactic Church of Christ (Reformed) are the major players here, with black market hustler and mercenary being the more lucrative trades in these parts. Choosing Free Colonist gives you the Free Colonist-unique Free Spirit and Combat Savvy upgrade paths.

>Core Colonist. Rather than lawlessness, it was the opportunity for peace and prosperity that attracted your ancestors to these rich garden worlds. Through trading with the Sol system and the newly-uplifted Ch'tauk, your ancestors gained a modest wealth to their names and were able to leave you a decent legacy. Choosing Core Colonist grants you access to Technologist and Communications upgrade paths.
>>
>>89825
Can we through hard work, become the monstergirl?
>>
>>89825
>"America will descend into chaos. It'll be the Wild West all over again. No law, no order. Fire will spread across the world. The people will fight... And through battle they will know the fullness of life." -Liquid Ocelot
Free Colonist it is
>>
>>89825
Earthborn
>>
>>89863
I hope we do, I bet OP was waiting for that final human vote to fuck with our Chimerae fantasy.
My vote is for Free Colonist.
>>
>>89863
No. Stop asking.
>>
>>89825

Earthborn!
>>
>>89825
>Earthborn. A child of the homeworld, you were considered one of the blessed generation. Wealth, genetic improvements, and the finest tutors were thrown upon you. While you absorbed these luxuries as though they were as natural as breathing to you, in your heart you craved a true challenge. Invariably your lust for adventure drew you to the stars, where there were infinite worlds and infinite ways for you to assert your belief in your own superiority over others. Choosing Earthborn grants you access to the Communications and Earthborn-unique Birthright upgrade paths.
>>
>>89825
Free Colonist
>>
>>89915
To be fair, the Chimerae mostly female thing probably did not help in the slightest
>>
>>90023
Just because I like monstergirls doesn't mean I can't treat them as a serious option for characterization. I have standards.

I don't know what you mean.
>>
>>90124
People wanted monstergirl chargen with the Chimerae option. And having most be female isn't helping.
>>
>>90140
Fetishization aside, its simply easier to create a female from a genetic manipulation standpoint, as gender differentiation is a little weird to achieve in nature among many non-mammalian species. Basically I used the Jurassic Park fallacy of "we'll breed them only as females to control the population" to make a monogender species, and I wanted to differentiate them by making them the "mad science" race as well.
>>
Rolled 1 (1d2)

Since we're tied 3-3 between Free Colonist and Earthborn, I'm flipping a coin for it.
1: Earthborn
2: Free Colonist
>>
>>90479
Hell yeah.
>>
>>90479
1%!
1%!
Fuck all the other plebs who have to work for a living!
>>
>>90479
At least we come from earth, so I'm okay with it.
:v)
>>
Now we're cooking with liquid oxygen!

So we know a few things about you now. We know you're Human (and kind of a douche). We also know that you're Earthborn (doubling-down on that douche-factor, I see).

But wait! There's more! Now we choose our character's profession, age, gender and personality. I'll accept suggestions from the audience and may or may not ignore them if they're fucking retarded!

After that, we'll start the actual 'Questing if time permits.
>>
>>90589
A freelance war journalist at the age of 27, who overestimates himself way to often due to being pampered. Extremely naive, stubborn, and never gets "the joke".
>>
>>90589
A contract systems engineer and project manager, who after 50 years in the business decided he needed some adventure like in his VR sims and used part of his savings to kit himself out as some kind of badass (in his mind) merc and treasure hunter (finding new and unique genomes from less evolved races to sell to megacorps).
He IS kind of unstoppable, but only because he essentially paid for a custom super-soldier body with skill-softs to make him somewhat competent, going up against extreme frontier colonists with cheap-ass weapons or dumb indigenous civilizations that haven't even hit the Industrial Revolution yet.
>>
>>90626
28 year old trust fund baby of a major communications network. Never expected or wanted to fit into the family business. After almost a decade of touring the core worlds, decided he wanted more adventure and set off to the frontier.

Like >>90626 very naive and self assured. Lets the money to the talking.
>>
>>90712
Yeah, agreed. I'm thinking something like a rich person suddenly deciding to go adventuring despite having almost nonexistent survival skills, kind a like how Jamestown was founded by rich guys who wanted adventure and fame.
>>
File: 1300047361247.jpg (429KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1300047361247.jpg
429KB, 1920x1080px
>>90750
>>90712
>>90626
Oh man, I won't spoil it but holy shit you guys are gonna have so much fun if this ends up being the template.

And by fun I mean absolute terror
>>
>>90789

Oh boy.

HYPE
>>
>>90789
Inexperience adventure HYPE. Using sheer luck and nerd skills do the surviving.
>>
>>90789
wynaut?
>>
>>90893
Imagine Oregon Trial but with higher chances of dysentery and dying. Or playing NetHack with the tourist class.
>>
"My name is Sen Xi. I am 28 years old and the current heir to the Iris Communications Conglomerate, a hypercorp that specializes in FTL planet-to-planet telecom infrastructure. I got bored with all the business-end deals involved in building giant telegraphs and decided to take a sort of 'consultancy' position at my father's company. Now it's time for my first assignment: Establish an FTL network hub on Herod's Rock, the fortress-world of the legendary Chimerae Pirate Queens. Mother has assured me that the deal is pretty much already a go; the infrastructure has been paid for, the contracts signed and witnessed. All it needs is a supervisor. I think it's a grand idea. Will I get to meet a Pirate Queen? How exciting!" You press the 'end record' button on your comms implant and file it under "Space Diary."

Your personal assistant, a Consortia by the name of Isaac, stands before you in front of the massive hangar doors separating your family's orbital tower-condo from the launch bays.

"Miss Xi, your ship awaits. Which one will you be taking? Not the Ferrari, I hope," Isaac bows respectfully, though his tone is wry. Isaac is a posthuman - someone who, through either disaster or willful choice, has made the decision to embrace Singularity and copy their brainwave engram into a digital medium. You've tried digging into Isaac's past, but the trail goes cold once you go back any farther than a century. Mysterious or not, he's been nothing if not an exemplary servant to you and your family for as long as you can remember. Plus he keeps things lively.

"Hmm. Tempting, but no. We're on business this time, Isaac. Nothing so sporty," you give him a mock-serious scowl and he stares back at you pleasantly. You two enjoy this back-and-forth. You know he's just teasing you by playing up the idiot socialite stereotype. You play along mostly because it would be too boring not to.

Isaac opens his palm and a square of coherent light forms in the space above, forming legible text. "The following craft are currently fueled and prepped for launch, Miss Xi."

>KHI-44 "Chariot" Interplanetary Freighter. The Kandahar Heavy Industries Chariot is a no-frills, reliable workhorse transport ship for medium-range hops of less than 300 light years. Sturdy, economical, and above all else nondescript, the Chariot is one of the most commonly seen craft in human space.
>Tau Ceti Customs "Solar Flare" Executive Yacht. The Solar Flare is one of your personal craft, built for comfort, speed, and security. Beneath its flaming-red nanopaint exterior is enough electronic warfare and defensive tech to make most arms dealers blush.
>Imperial Arms' "Gladius" Tactical Response and Enforcement Craft. Nearly the size of an Io-class destroyer, the Gladius is a private military-crewed ship employed by your parents. Fully armed and equipped with the latest in defense and communications equipment, the Gladius is more than ready for frontier space.

CHOOSE WISELY
>>
>>91194
A military craft seems too easy.

The freighter screams RAID ME if we're heading to pirate space.

The yacht also does, but it looks like it has teeth.

Lets go with the yacht. Does she have a name?
>>
>>91194
I want to go with the "Solar Flare" to stay in character.
also we said we were male
>>
>>91194
>Imperial Arms' "Gladius" Tactical Response and Enforcement Craft. Nearly the size of an Io-class destroyer, the Gladius is a private military-crewed ship employed by your parents. Fully armed and equipped with the latest in defense and communications equipment, the Gladius is more than ready for frontier space.
Oh yeah, big guns going into a pirate den.
>>
>>91194
>Imperial Arms' "Gladius"
If it wins is going to get stolen or destroyed in a few posts isnt it.
>>
>>91194
>>Tau Ceti Customs "Solar Flare" Executive Yacht. The Solar Flare is one of your personal craft, built for comfort, speed, and security. Beneath its flaming-red nanopaint exterior is enough electronic warfare and defensive tech to make most arms dealers blush.
Can't wait for nebula radiation bs to take our weapons systems and shields offline.
>>
>>91194
>Imperial Arms' "Gladius" Tactical Response and Enforcement Craft
Y'know, we *are* going into the teeth of a pirate den
>>
Thanks to an 11th-hour tie vote, I'm rolling.
1: Solar Flare
2: Gladius

Good luck!
>>
>>91459

GLADIUS
>>
Rolled 1 (1d2)

Because I'm still an idiot who forgets how to dice occasionally.
>>
Rolled 2 (1d2)

>>91459
>>
>>91472
Wew.
>>
>>91260
you're right. how did we became a woman?
>>
>>91533
I don't know, desu. Maybe a mistake?
>>
>>91594
Im fine with it desu, gender doesnt really matter to me.
>>
>>91610
same, as long as we're still the same in other areas
>>91472
Alright, Solar Flare it is
>>
>>91468
Anon's lightning-quick vote before my roll (thanks to my own idiocy) will be counted since I technically didn't give a full 30 minutes for voting to complete. Gladius wins. Also gender has been changed back because you people are never happy.

"...The Gladius, I think. I want to make a show of strength to these pirates, remind them that I'm a representative of Iris," you conclude, poking the illusory three-dimensional model of your chosen craft. Isaac merely bows again in deference, another small, smug smirk on his mechanically perfect face. You really should figure out if he's doing that on purpose or if that's simply his default state of expression. He seems to do it so much, like he knows something you don't...

Conspiracy theories aside (really, you do get those a lot), you move into the hangar bay and towards the blacked-out and obviously paramilitary craft that dominates much of the landscape in Iris Tower's Executive Port.

"We just received the order placing you in mission command, sir. Welcome aboard," a hugely-built gene-soldier salutes you crisply as your boots clack against the docking ramp's armored floor. You nod at him, acknowledging his existence. It's an honor most of his kind generally don't get. If he is pleased by your generosity, he doesn't seem to show it - his visor is opaque. The things these guys do to make themselves look like badasses you think to yourself as Isaac leads the way to the bridge.

"Commander on the bridge!" the call goes out as you enter the command room, darkly-uniformed men and women performing final pre-flight checks as a grizzled man with augmetics sits in a gravity couch, directing it all with a single glowering cybernetic eye.

"Ah, it's our young heir. Welcome aboard the Gladius, sir. My name is Captain Tycho. We'll be leaving port shortly. I've already been briefed on the mission objective; the Gladius will have you inside Herod's Rock space within the week. Please take this time to visit your quarters. Your...assistant, has already had your personal effects brought aboard." Tycho glances briefly at Isaac with barely perceptible hesitation. Isaac, in his turn, merely smiles that enigmatic smile of his. You frown. Something has happened here without your knowledge. This bothers you, but its ultimately petty. You have Pirate Queens to sedu- you correct yourself mentally. You have Pirate Queens to negotiate with. Yes. Though that seduction option does lead one to interesting fantasies...

Your pleasant daydreams are once more crushed by Isaac and his insufferable servile mannerisms. "Yes, yes, I get it. Off I go to my cell while you lot do the important bits. I know my place, Captain." you snap, a little bitter at not being invited to watch the launch procedure.
>>
>>91633
I'm sorry
Well, we probable will rely on Tycho to do all the heavy lifting in our "negotiation" with the pirates.
>>
>>91633

I guess its time now to just go to our quarters. But lets take the scenic route. Its not the Solar Flare, so we'll need to get used to our new surroundings for the week.
>>
As Isaac guides you back into the corridor, a thought occurs. Its of the sort that made some of your younger female tutors quit on sight - and many more of them blush. You conceal your intentions for now.

"Say, Isaac?" you inquire in an innocent tone.

"Absolutely not sir. We are going directly to your quarters, Deck 3 Section 11. You can acquaint yourself with the ship's interior once the ship has engaged Null Drive." Isaac responds with a prescient level of curtness, shutting you down. Damn. You pout. It will not be the last one you experience this trip, you suspect.

Real talk senpai, I'm dead for the night. We'll pick this back up around 1400 EDT if that's okay.
>>
>>91728
night
>>
>>91728
Aight, good job running tonight!
>>
>>91728

Night, OP.
>>
>>91728
we a goy or gal
>>
>>91932
Goy
>>
>>88933
>If you folks don't like it I'm sorry, but this isn't your magical realm.
>This is mine.

You sound like a QM I can get behind. You have my interest.
>>
I'm a tad disappointed we can't be a harpygirl.
Maybe we'll fuck it up with the Pirate Queen and something happens.
>>
>>93840
If and WHEN you die, chargen would take an entire session all over again.
I'll start prebuilding now, I guess. By the time we reach the Queens, hopefully I'll have at least a half-dozen options in case of Lethal Stupidity.
>>
>>94832
No I don't mean die, I meant like she'd do some voodoo genetics.
Thread posts: 82
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.