[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/qtg/ - Quest Thread General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 521
Thread images: 115

File: QST.png (24KB, 250x249px) Image search: [Google]
QST.png
24KB, 250x249px
This is a thread created for the discussion of Quest threads, as well as sharing of advice and guidance for aspiring or current QM's. Posters looking for advice on tabletop games should look elsewhere.

Please do not shitpost, and please report any shit posters attempting to derail discussion or cause strife. This means avoiding tripfag drama or discussion about subjects such as getting rid of /qst/.

Useful links: http://pastebin.com/u5xPbk6w (embed) (embed)
This link contains numerous writing guides, general advice, and various quest tools and communities.

https://twitter.com/Eisenstern/lists/quest-runner-directory/
https://twitter.com/tgquestlist/lists/quest-master-directory (UPDATED LIST)
These are two directories containing the tweets of many current QM's. While a twitter is by no means mandatory, it is a useful tool for both you and your players. To get added to the second list, tweet @tgQuestList. Spamming tweets unrelated to your quest may result in its removal.

IRC Channels:
[The Cabal] #QMC @ Rizon.net (slightly related to quests; enjoys worldbuilding, mechanics and politics)
[Hugbox] #ques/tg/enerals @ Rizon.net (barely related to quests; enjoys Larro quests and anime)

Discord server (Can provide feedback to new QM's, but shitposting is a bannable offense):
https://discord.gg/pXfcXZJ ; https://discord.gg/aBSbbjT

Archive of quest reviews (if you find a review that is not on the list, please link it in the thread):
http://pastebin.com/u/QuestReviewsArchive

>QM Questions:
How can character generation be done well?

>Player Question:
Why do you always shitpost during character creation?
>>
Why do we even bother with male characters when there's enough art out there to fill the entire cast with waifus?
>>
Cosmic sucks!!!!!!!!
>>
>>836283
>Player question
I don't shitpost during character creation.
I save that for other parts of the quest.
>>836293
Would that make waifu wars worse or better?
>>
Threadly reminder: Sandact6 is the QM responsible for getting quests banned from /tg/. That is all.
>>
>>836300
More frequent, at least.

>How can character generation be done well?
By not letting the players participate
>>
>>836303
How so?
>>
>questions
Character creation? Psh, who has the patience for that?
>>
>>836306
>By not letting players participate
I can agree with this.
Even if the QM does it well people might still bitch or leave.
>More frequent waifu wars
That'd be entertaining for me at least.
>>
>>836303
ebin meme forcing, bruh
>>
Dead board
>>
>>836320
I think the issue is that for a well-written character the illusion of player choice doesn't work out. If you invest the time and effort into clarifying your MC's love for the woman of his dreams or something it just doesn't make sense that the players have the option to go do unrelated shit instead.

Good quests probably require shit MCs so that the player can feel in control, rather than having to consider a more complex character's feeling.
>>
>>836293
Because Anon wants to live out a power sex money fantasy and the best way to do that is with a male, 17-25 year old main character they can easily insert their mindset into.

Where have you been all this time?
>>
>>836361
Masturbating to the thought of fucking my harem of magical girls, how bout you?
>>
File: 1479346998969s.jpg (8KB, 173x249px) Image search: [Google]
1479346998969s.jpg
8KB, 173x249px
Mecha Space Pirate is Live
>>835961
>>
File: Freak Show!.jpg (58KB, 354x354px) Image search: [Google]
Freak Show!.jpg
58KB, 354x354px
>>836283
>How can character generation be done well

We're making characters for the third game of Slasher Quest. Its going pretty well. We create Survivors by combining a QM or Quest character with a slasher movie archetype.
>>
Well so far so good with the first day of my surprise quest >>835372

Since it is a mystery I have a basic story planned out, but I was wondering how flexible should that story be? I don't want to railroad, but if I let it get too out of hand then the mystery might not be solvable.
>>
>>832213

Mission 9 of Alchemical Blade Quest has commenced!
>>
>>836283
>QM question
honest question: are you seriously asking? Because the player question implies otherwise.
>>
File: faces_sk01.jpg (338KB, 992x702px) Image search: [Google]
faces_sk01.jpg
338KB, 992x702px
>>834487
I'd probably be down for that
>>
File: Live.gif (2MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
Live.gif
2MB, 400x225px
>>836283
>QM Question
Easy. Build it into the narrative, try not to do it all at once, introduce the setting as you generate the character. And take controversial votes like gender and bundle them with slightly less controversial shit like age, random backstory, name, or a less important physical quality.

>Player Question
Because my tears taste nice.
>>
File: PoJ chargen.jpg (2MB, 1847x4116px) Image search: [Google]
PoJ chargen.jpg
2MB, 1847x4116px
>>836283
By not doing this.
>>
Anyone else notice that 4chan's money troubles started not too long after this board was made? Money troubles that have been blamed on having too many boards to support?

/qst/ is so cancerous that it's killing the entire fucking site. Congrats to everyone who thought it was a good idea.
>>
>>836283
>Player Question
Because the chargen is usually just picking the character's physical looks and/or backgrounds. It's a terribly boring way to start something off.
I honestly don't give a shit if the character's got a rack or not, or if their hair's brown or black, and the background should be told in the story instead, not chosen beforehand.

The most controversial choice, character gender, would only ever really matter in romance, but even then that doesn't matter, because /qst/ will choose to woo women 90% of the time.

>>837316
This pretty much explains it.

So many of those options look like they would've made interesting points to start the story at. Why do we have to pick what we did at the Church of Konig or with the cleric-apprentices of Mazon? Why can't we play through those moments instead and choose that way, know what I mean?

I also looked up Paladin of Joy in suptg

>He made them choose the character's breast size
>>
>>837337
Or Hiro may be lying, and considering his track record, that is far more likely.
>>
>>836527
How important is it that the mystery be solved?
>>
File: 1478680329250.jpg (28KB, 294x265px) Image search: [Google]
1478680329250.jpg
28KB, 294x265px
>>836283
How does one save threads to suptg from yuki.la
After a busy few months , I want to pick up from an unfinished quest since I have free time now.
>>
>>836283
>QM Questions:
I don't think there is a right way to do it. What i do is mostly giving the character a five line motive to be alive. To lower characters i give two or three lines of motivation. If you give a reason for a character to exist and the player wants to play such character that way. Then, in my opinion, is a success

>Player Question

I don't do it. I am fully aware that, the majority vote will always win over what ever decision i think it's best. And it's like selecting eandom on character creation making the players focus more on playing the character as he is then a anon inserting a self in the quest.
>>
>>836300
HPQ. Never forget.
>>
>>837435
Store it all in a pastebin of Yuki links.
>>
>>837452
thanks
>>
>>836283
>QM Question
By not giving players a choice.
>>
>>837404
It's a Danganronpa quest, so I think it's extremely important.
>>
>>837435
What quest?
>>
>>836283
>Player Question
I rarely do.

But when I do, it's to help the QM try to redeem themselves. Character creation is almost always a mistake. Even when it goes well, it still usually has the effect of taunting players with something they won't get before you've given them any reason to stick with your quest. It's anti-advertising. So if the QM can either splendidly roll with and semi-direct the shitposting, or set their foot down without spazzing out, then they've at least shown _something_ to give confidence in their ability to run the quest.
>>
>>837647
People say good character generation is something that flows with the narrative introduction, but even in that sense if the choices themselves are strong or genuinely different people will still be shown things that they won't be getting for their own characters, though they will know its part of the setting. Ala powers, upbringing details, family matters or profession specialization and so on.
Yet examples of this being done right have never been provided upon asking.

Frankly, I don't think it exists. This is just some imagined thing that does not happen, a novel idea. There's no right way to start a quest because players are always inherently uninformed ignorants and all strong char-gen akin choices are by default anti-advertising.
>>
>>837669
Unless you're talking about an established setting, as in fanfic tier shit.

If I make World of Darkness Quest and then give you a list of vampire clans, you know what the fuck a malkavian is.
>>
>>837677
I almost included the detail that none of this shit applies to fanfiction quests with a stable knowledge base and that's why they're the superior form of questing but I didn't want it to get dismissed as shitposting.
>>
>>837679
I mean you could also expand that to anyone who is genre savvy when it comes to certain obvious quests that fit a genre, which is why naming sources of inspiration or the feel your quest is going for in the first post can be helpful.

If i tell you the quest is going to be like a space opera, then when you suggest being a rogue space pilot, people sort of know what they're talking about.

So, y'know, if you conduct your quest like an tabletop rpg shit will just work out most of the time.
>>
>>837669
>There's no right way to start a quest because players are always inherently uninformed ignorants and all strong char-gen akin choices are by default anti-advertising.
I disagree, there's nothing wrong with simply forgoing character gen altogether. There's nothing wrong with starting a quest with a solid idea for who the protagonist is, as far as background and physical attributes and such are concerned. It's not going to turn people away any more than the setting is going to turn people away.

Imagine a quest where we get a little bit of intro about the world, but it mostly boils down to be a high fantasy setting taking place at an academy, with the PC being a student. And then players are given choices on gender, background, course focus, and so on. With that sort of setup, at that point of time the character will matter more to many players than the rest of the quest, because the rest of the quest is currently just a container for a story that has yet to begin.

So players wanting a budding male alchemist of humble origins trying to learn his trade to fill a need back in his home town, might not care for playing a noble girl learning magic to fulfill her birthright. And vice versa. Even though this just one piece of the setup to the actual story, at this point we don't have that story, we just have a bit of setting and the potential PC, and the latter stands out more. So you get a segment of players who didn't get what they want, and that hurts their motivation to continue following the story.

There has to be enough of a hook to keep them interested. Which is why character gen is generally terrible, because it had to come early so we can use the character, yet having it early can put off readers.
>>
File: Hell.gif (489KB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
Hell.gif
489KB, 500x280px
>>837391
>He made them choose the character's breast size

quests are dead and we have killed them
>>
Random reminder that Afterlife Quest was the greatest quest to ever quest and Apophis was a genius unappreciated in his time.
>>
>>837792
>2014
Or you know, PoJ was just really autistic

That's like saying RPGs are dead because some pervert made FATAL
>>
>>837809
I was using hyperbole for effect.

But yeah he seems kinda fucked.
>>
Magical Girl For Hire is once again running!

>>831701
>>831701
>>831701
>>
I have been planning to do a quest sometime this or next weekend and have planned out a ideas for a few different possible quests. I am still deciding what I actually want to run so I am putting them out here to see what other people are interested in.

- A Magical Burst inspired quest. Basically a darker magical girl quest, but not to Madoka levels of darkness. Basically it boils down to, you are a magical girl, fight monsters and balance your social life, try not overload on magic and lose all your friendships or bad things will happen. Defeat enough monsters and you can have your wish can be granted.

- An OC setting inspired by Tyoko Ghoul and JokerOp's Youkai Quest except with magical girls. Basic premise is you have died and turned into a monster that must drain human souls to survive, and avoid or fight magical girls that will try to destroy you. You have the unique ability to however disguise yourself back as a human and be able to interact with people.

- A heavily Naruto inspired quest with a completely redone setting. There is no peace between all the nations, but instead a cold war esque flury of espionage and proxy wars between the various nations. Aimed to be slightly darker than your normal naruto quest. While a lot of the basics of the Naruto setting might be the same (ninja villages, jujistu, ninja ranking systems) all of the cannon locations, history, and characters have been completely replaced with OC. (I hate quests that are just OC character inserts into a setting)

- This last idea is one I am most aprehensive about and least planned out. It is inspired by Nerv Bridge Simulator. Basically it is XCom with mechs. You are the commander of a special organization trying to fight back an alien invasion using advanced Mechs that can only be piloted by kids. Deal with moody teenagers and politics between nations who would rather watch the burn then work with their rival nations to fight off the aliens. Oversee the recruitment of new children into the team, the upgrading and design of new mechs, and the growth and development of your team. This is my least planned out quest and might actually be a little to ambitious for a first time QM.
>>
dice+2d6
>>
2d6
>>
>>838025
Put it in the options field.
>>
Rolled 2, 6 = 8 (2d6)

roll
>>
>>838034
Thank you. How do I know if I win a roll?
Does the firs 2,6 = 8 have to be higher then 8 for me to win?
>>
>>838012
I enjoyed last Magical Burst quest we had.
>>
Rolled 4, 5 = 9 (2d6)

sorry to liter the thread. I'm figuring this out.
>>
>>838012
Cold war naruto, just because I enjoy reading about weird politics

>>838045
What?
2d6 means you rolled a 6 sided die twice.
The 8 is just the sum of all the rolls you did, those being a 2 and a 6.
To "win" a roll is up to the discretion of whoever's asking you to roll in the first place.
>>
>>838045
anon is... m..moe!
>>
File: kallus alone.png (2MB, 1892x1048px) Image search: [Google]
kallus alone.png
2MB, 1892x1048px
Afternoon, anons. What's good in the Questing world?
>>
>>838133
Getting really nervous in anticipation to starting a quest I've been envisioning and preparing for for a while now, so instead I'm saying "fuck it" and starting a silly dumb quest with minimal forethought first to gain momentum so I can make a running start at the other quest.

A little worried that preparing for stuff in advance always seems to ends in getting burnt out early for me.
>>
>>838133
To crush your audience's hopes, see them salty before you, and hear the lamentation of the waifus.
>>
>>838146
That's the spirit, anon. I go by the logic that if you think too hard about things, you'll never get started on it. You can think of the world's greatest novel, but one has to actually write it first.

>>838147
Pls, my players haven't been salty in ages. It's actually kind of scary.
>>
>>838133
Apparently I have managed to captivate people with my worldbuilding/racial development skills....

I really should write up the not!Githyanki for a system.
>>
Kuat Collection is back.

>>838211

>>838208
That's good, anon. Build on that, and get to writing them Quests.
>>
Alchemical Blade Quest will begin posting at 7 PM EST today!
>>
>>838217
>>822486

I do, thanks.
>>
File: knife-ear lovers.png (46KB, 772x647px) Image search: [Google]
knife-ear lovers.png
46KB, 772x647px
>tfw your players are race traitors

How does /qtg/ feel about this?
>>
File: Simon_Stalenhag_gaussfraktarna.jpg (103KB, 1022x573px) Image search: [Google]
Simon_Stalenhag_gaussfraktarna.jpg
103KB, 1022x573px
Running Episode 6 of Starcaller Quest, we're dealing with douchey space-elves right now!
>>838314
>>838314
>>838314
>>
>>838311
My players aren't
>>
File: absolutely_disgusting.jpg (63KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
absolutely_disgusting.jpg
63KB, 400x300px
>>838311
>using light theme
>>
>>838311
Mine prefer robots over their own species, does that count?
>>
>>838436
>>838436
>>838436

NEW THREAD FOR JEDI KNIGHT QUEST
>>
Come Join us in Vigilante Quest where it appears we're going to be a modern day cowboy hero.
>>838417
>>
File: tumblr_mvaf5lS9mG1sqpkoko1_500.jpg (148KB, 500x706px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mvaf5lS9mG1sqpkoko1_500.jpg
148KB, 500x706px
>>832167

Mission 9 of Alchemical Blade quest has recommenced!
>>
File: Asa Solid.gif (985KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Asa Solid.gif
985KB, 500x500px
Planning out what I'll do after Ninja Monk Quest's completion, as we're now like a third of the way through it.

Still trying to decide exactly which idea I want to run as a quest. I figured I might as well post in QTG for some feedback, suggestions, and opinions.

-Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Quest
-Fate/Quest
-Revival of a Star Wars Bounty Hunter quest
-Quest involving something FF8
-Boku No Hero Academia Quest was suggested to me
>>
>>838680
For Boku No Hero Academia Quest, would we write in a power, choose a power from a list or already get a power?
>>
File: Title Card.png (1MB, 1280x856px) Image search: [Google]
Title Card.png
1MB, 1280x856px
I posted this in the last thread, but I'll do it again for shits and giggles.

Would anyone be interested in a quest where the primary goal is hunting and killing rebel scum?
>>
>>838695
yes, yes, no
>>
File: 1451457863798.jpg (166KB, 1024x1325px) Image search: [Google]
1451457863798.jpg
166KB, 1024x1325px
>>838699
Go for it, as long as we can seduce some Imperial waifus and hatefuck some rebel scum.
>>
>>838704
Would there be anything else that would be chargen?
>>
>>838724
>as long as we can seduce some Imperial waifus and hatefuck some rebel scum.

That was the general idea, yes.
>>
>>838732
powers, general appearance, background

pretty simple chargen, character will be shaped throughout the quest by the players
>>
>>838748
Sounds good, doesn't seem to have anything that could cause a huge shitstorm like most chargen.
>>
So tomorrow over on Akun I'm running the beginning of my first quest. 8 PM GMT, I think.

Anyway, it's a Naruto quest. But! Before you turn away in disgust:

First of all, the setting is extremely different. I was bothered by how homogenous the Elemental Nations were and so I've gone ahead and changed things to correspond with a larger region than just Japan and also to match what I know about how cultures develop.

Second, I abhor quests that slap a parasitic MC into canon. So the MC is born a generation before Hidden Villages even get started, and also on the other side of the continent, in a border region between cultures.

If you're interested, I'll stick around and answer questions about it, but it's not going to be published until tomorrow, when I'll shill it with a link and everything.
>>
>>838801
>Anyway, it's a Naruto quest. But! Before you turn away in disgust
Too late.
>b-but it's fixed!
If you're going to change things then call it something else. Fans of the series will be annoyed by the changes and non-fans of the series will ignore it because it's a fucking fanfic.
>>
>>838801
>>838942
>If you're going to change things then call it something else.
This. Might as well file off the numbers and names and make it an OC setting if you want different things than the original IP offers. We had this very same discussion before when some idiot thought it'd be nice to add guns to the Dragon Age or Witcher world.
>>
Would anyone be interested in a turn-based strategy type of quest?

Basically you'd be playing as some lord of somewhere, and every 'turn', a week/month would pass and some story would happen, you'd get some decisions to make. It would have a system with factions where you can gather favours and battles, with soldiers and gold as the primary resources.

I realise it's rather ambitious and I'd need some help with it, but I don't think it's as hard to pull off as you may think.
>>
>>839017
That's a Civ, or at least it sounds a lot like one. Civs tend to be somewhat polarizing on here, though I don't see any reason why that should dissuade you from running it.
>>
>>839027
I know it's like the Civ ones, what I mean is I want to prescript the whole event sets so you can actually win/lose based on the decisions based on something other than the QM's mood.
>>
>>838680
What about something original holy shit. Then again getting weeb players is easy mode.
>>
>>839034
>so you can actually win/lose based on the decisions based on something other than the QM's mood.
So a good quest?
>>
>>838942
>>839004
I considered this perspective when planning — I obviously disagree. Modifications of the original is sort of the point of fanfiction. It's an interaction with the source that I think can be rewarding, as long as the way you go about it offers something new and isn't just rehash. Pride and Prejudice, for example, has a lot of 'fanfiction' that's successful in its own right.

Of course there are bad ways to do it, just like everything else, but that doesn't mean the activity itself is bad. Just tacking Mongols to the side of the Elemental Nations would be a bad way to address what made me start this, which is why that's not what I did.
>>
>>839046
Let's not get ahead of ourselves now
>>
>>839049
>I obviously disagree
Then you're wrong.
>>
File: cruelty.jpg (79KB, 600x449px) Image search: [Google]
cruelty.jpg
79KB, 600x449px
>>839054
okay
>>
>>839049
>Modifications of the original is sort of the point of fanfiction.
No, the point of fanfiction is to see your favourite characters doing things and also fucking your other favourite characters. Nobody who reads fanfiction reads them as an "imrpvement over the original".
>as long as the way you go about it offers something new and isn't just rehash
You mean like by making something new? If you're going to make OC then you at least owe it to yourself to call it OC.
90% of fanfiction is just halfbaked ideas that the writer slaps onto the original work because they can't be bothered filling the gaps. The ones that got successful got successful after they realized they had something and then bothered to fill those gaps. That's how they can be successful.

The way I see it there'd be nothing wrong with your basically copy/pasting the setting, changing some names and arbitrations (eg rename "ninjas" to "wizards" -- that pretty much what they are already anyway) and slapping a different name on it, because a lot of fiction is that already.

And most of all: Don't try to justify fanfiction. It's the very bottom of the barrel, and is definitely not an attractive thing. You describing your work as "a naruto quest" will only turn people who aren't bottom feeders away.
Not that quests are really much better, but they have the excuse of being almost more performance art than polished and published scripture.
>>
>>838748
>powers, general appearance, background
>simple
>>
File: Boats vs Lovecraft.jpg (244KB, 1080x739px) Image search: [Google]
Boats vs Lovecraft.jpg
244KB, 1080x739px
>>840133

The world is in chaos. The wind dies, the seas turn violent, and the Earth begins to rot. The world is dying, and has been dying for generations. Society the world over is breaking down. No one knows how it started, and no one knows how it will end.

These are the stories about how the world was saved.

WATER: Fleet 8 Quest.

In what was once known as Brazil and what is now known as the Hodgson Sea 25 fleets of survivors hunt and harvest and thrive off the strange lifeforms known as the Lovecraft that populate the Hodgson Sea...and sometimes flee from them.

25 "island" ships filled with factories, homes, and repair bays. 10 "rig" ships designed for combat with the Lovecrart. And 1 mothership, the Alveric, against an endless, inescapable, inhospitable, living sea.

BOAT MECHS VS LOVECRAFT

PUNCH CTHULHU IN THE FACE WITH YOUR GIANT ROBOTIC FIST
>>
File: 1475133006027.jpg (44KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1475133006027.jpg
44KB, 1280x720px
>>839096
>No, the point of fanfiction is to see your favourite characters doing things and also fucking your other favourite characters. Nobody who reads fanfiction reads them as an "imrpvement over the original".

I disagree. There is no inherit point to fanfiction. They vary across the board. Some people want to see their favorite waifus and characters fucked bY a self insert, others want to explore new ideas within a ignored or neglected aspect, and or just tell a story within the universe.
>>
File: Black Company Cover.jpg (111KB, 642x924px) Image search: [Google]
Black Company Cover.jpg
111KB, 642x924px
>>840492

Black Company Quest is back.

Expect unheroic deeds and ruthless pragmatism.
>>
>>840502
Holy shit, you're alive! Awesome.
>>
>>841311
They aren't the only one:
https://twitter.com/RevengeGoldQM/status/799460347492986882

He lives.
>>
>>838311
My man, that's nothing. I once had a 100+ thread Quest where players didn't just choose to be race traitors, they literally chose to help another species conquer their own homeland.
>>
>>841438
give link
>>
>>841552
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/qstarchive.html?tags=Snakecatcher%20Quest
>>
>>841800
It was justified.
>>
Vigilante quest, where after day one our secret identity is already known.

>>838417
>>
>>840496
Don't bother. Almost anyone you talk to about it has a fixed opinion already.
>>
>>841804
Never said it wasn't
>>
>>841886
Good.
>>
>>838699
I wanna be a TIE pilot that enlisted solely to kill people, working our way up to a Punisher.
>>
>>838699
I don't want to be down to earth. I want the protagonist to be 100% officer material, with all the smug self satisfied Englishness that entails.
>>
>>838801
live in 20 or so
http://anonkun.com/stories/daughter-of-earth-and-wind/vgQXLMh4XQeLWfiNG/home
captcha: shepherd 1000
>>
File: bottle.jpg (85KB, 375x500px) Image search: [Google]
bottle.jpg
85KB, 375x500px
https://boards.4chan.org/qst/thread/837022/

A quest about being an alchemist in semi-fantasy Renaissance times.

Oh and also you're a werewolf.
>>
>>842307
Wow that was an very literal looking link.
>>
Running now.
>>842470
>>842470
>>842470
>>
So I'm thinking about running a quest involving Furies, but i'm scared people will misread it and get the wrong idea.

Is this a reasonable concern?
>>
>>842474
Which Furies? There's like a dozen dude.
>>
File: nazi flying fort (2).jpg (25KB, 564x379px) Image search: [Google]
nazi flying fort (2).jpg
25KB, 564x379px
Where Wolves Fear To Tread will be running in 1 hour's time.
>>
>>842492
Very loosely based on the greek depictions, specifically Allecto (Unceasing Anger) and Tisiphone (Avenger of Murder)

It'd be in it's own fantasy setting though, rather than just happening at some point in history or pre-existing myths.

Mainly I just making a semi-serious joke about people misreading it as "furry" rather than "fury", which i could totally see happening.
>>
>>842519
Make it vbery clear int he first post what you are writing about. Spell it correctly in the title too. And add a picture which depicts the furies in the OP.

There will be no mistakes except those which are meant to get on your nerves.
>>
>>842519
>>842544
Or you could call them 'Divine Punishers' or something else that conveys the message
>>
File: Davin Felth.jpg (622KB, 848x640px) Image search: [Google]
Davin Felth.jpg
622KB, 848x640px
>>841898

While piloting will feature often (and as resources expand, I plan on allowing the main character to have access to wings he can command), the character is actually an ex-Stormtrooper captain who is now working for an Inquisitor.

He's an okay-ish pilot but is more infantry officer material, great in a firefight.

>>841917

He's an officer alright (as I mentioned previously, an ex-Stormtrooper Captain) but is fairly gritty in nature.

Here's my pitch for how the quest begins: going undercover in Mos Eisley to track down Stormtrooper-turned-rebel traitor Davin Felth, AKA the "Look sir, droids!" guy (pic related). He killed his superior officer in the firefight that happened when the Millenium Falcon took off because he let his moralfag conscience get the better of him after they took out that Jawa crawler and burnt Uncle Owen and Aunt Beru. His ultimate fate was never determined in the EU so I would treat this like an alternate universe kind of thing.

This mission would be the main character Agent's first field mission given to him by his Inquisitor, but afterwards I would plan for him to no longer be uncercover and could operate more as an officer/agent.
>>
>>842600
>going undercover in Mos Eisley to track down Stormtrooper-turned-rebel traitor Davin Felth
So you're going all out with the ridiculous shit in the EU?
>>
The first chapter of Fair of Dusklight is almost over. I published a small update today and I plan on publishing another tomorrow. Drop by if you're interested!

http://anonkun.com/stories/fair-of-dusklight/FJxy496a43Zuecpq3
>>
File: this is the fourth op.png (319KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
this is the fourth op.png
319KB, 1024x1024px
>>842669
>>842669
>>842669
Back with nekomimis.
>>
File: hidden bunker.jpg (98KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
hidden bunker.jpg
98KB, 720x540px
Where Wolves Fear To Tread is running right now.

>>824482
>>824482
>>824482
>>
>>842623
>So you're going all out with the ridiculous shit in the EU?

I like the rediculous shit in the EU. Besides, what's rediculous about Davin Felth? Dude had a duffel bag, that's not rediculous.

Now giving duffel bag a page BECAUSE he had one, that's a bit silly, but whatever.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Duffel_bag

I want the quest to be about hunting rebels of all shapes and sizes. Original, canon, EU, don't matter to me.
>>
Kuat Collection is now up. It's time for Star Wars shipsluts.

>>842695

>>842679
Yeah, the Wook was always kind of autistic like that. You should see their page on sex.
>>
>>842703
>Yeah, the Wook was always kind of autistic like that. You should see their page on sex.

I have, many times. MANY times.

Alright like once just for shits and giggles, same with Breasts
>>
File: 1451483053060.png (371KB, 828x1170px) Image search: [Google]
1451483053060.png
371KB, 828x1170px
>>842723
It's hilarious because breasts, sex, and all that nonsense have bigger Legends pages than some Canon pages on stuff that actual relevance to the Star Wars lore. The Wook was pretty passive aggressive about the EU wipe and all.
>>
>>842733

Well just about everything that had a page that made the transition to EU is seventeen times bigger than the canon articles now.

Give it time, though. Eventually Disney will have just as much shit in their pile as the old one.
>>
File: 1453381681559.png (612KB, 1011x729px) Image search: [Google]
1453381681559.png
612KB, 1011x729px
>>842743
Yeah, one thing I love about nuEU is that we're getting a lot more consistency and a lot more connection. Plus, it's not like they're completely trashing the old EU thanks to Based Filoni.

Hopefully Wendig runs out his contract and they run him out for some more competent writers and Timothy Zahn stays on to do more Thrawn.
>>
>>842744
>>842744
>>842744
New quest. Let's keep it fast and loose, and preferably fun.
>>
>>842749

>Hopefully Wendig runs out his contract and they run him out for some more competent writers and Timothy Zahn stays on to do more Thrawn.

herkily-jerkily
>>
Starting a Xianxia (chinese fantasy) quest here
>>842882
>>842882
Hope it goes well.
>>
Tankies Quest is live! We are being as sneaky as 30 odd armoured vehicles rolling through the French countryside can be.

>>842936
>>842936
>>
>>842474
You could word it primarily in the singular form. Fury is a lot harder to mistake, and gives a greater connotation of wrath.
>>
File: lamplighter6.jpg (675KB, 1583x845px) Image search: [Google]
lamplighter6.jpg
675KB, 1583x845px
Lamplighter Quest is up!
>>843056
>>
So where do people generally find art for their quests? So far I've been hitting up /tg/ character or monster art threads, but is there a good website for this kind of thing in general?

>>843037
I think that sounds like the best option.
>>
>>843141
Boorus and such
>>
>>843141
Google, Boorus, /wg/ when I find a good thread, and I basically just sort of save images as I find them if I think they might be useful at some point.
>>
>>843141
I do my own
>>
Modern Necromancy Quest Redux is running for the next few hours. Come get spooked
>>829337
>>829337
>>829337
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (76KB, 1280x718px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
76KB, 1280x718px
>>838724
>>841898
>>841917

Someone else beat me to it

>>842769
>>842769
>>842769

But, not to be deterred, I'll just use another name

Can I have some suggestions?

>Rebel Hunter Quest
>Imperial Agent Quest
>Inquisitorial Acolyte Quest
>Agent of the Inquisitor Quest
>>
>>843197
Shadow of the Empire Quest
>>
>>843197

Oops, ignore that ">Imperial Agent" one, forgot to take it out.
>>
>>843181
Wish I could draw better. I've been trying lately, but I don't know, I'm easily frustrated and making anything nice (aka not a stick figure) takes time, which is at odds with how i like to run my quests, which is as rapidly as possible.
>>
Yo if the guy in charge of the twitter directory is here could you take Specificity Jones off of the list? He just retweets smug political shit constantly and it's really annoying. I'm not even sure he runs a quest.
>>
File: tegaki.png (7KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
tegaki.png
7KB, 400x400px
>>843225
Yeah, drawfagging takes quite a bit of time and effort. Makes me wish I tried harder on my own drawquest.
>>
>>843259
cute waifu
>>
>>843273
>>843273
>>843273

Beleaguered Prince Quest is live.
>>
>>838012
>mechs

You know what they say about Sturgeon's Law? When it comes to mechs as a subject, and running a story around it? It's like Sturgeon's Law recursions into itself, so we get "99% is crap" for that subject matter. Or if you're stricter, then it's 99.9%

From how I've seen quests, they bungle the mech thing and juggling a story or whatever element so badly it snowballs.
>>
>>843225
It's easier if your quest is slow as balls and you're expecting to take a while anyways But it means when everybody's on and votes quickly you can't dawdle on doodles
>>
>>843249
Speaking of the Twitter directory, can I also be taken out of the list? I don't think I'm gonna use it for anything but lurking now that I'm done.
>>
>>843327
I like mechs though. Titanfall 2's campaign kind of reinspired my love for them, or at least the fucking campy anime bullshit surrounding it.

God the Titanfall 2 campaign was anime as fuck.
>>
>>843327
How?

Surely mechs are the thing you fight in, and the plot happens outside of them.

Then you have all the prototypes and crazy pilots that fuck up the status quo and build on the mecha element. Upgrades are okay, but I'm more in favour of an MC fighting in an inferior one for a while then shifting to a much better model.
>>
>>842679
>Duffel bag page

Are warsies more autistic than trekkies?

Maybe something where you're a bounty hunter that slowly warms up to the ideals of the empire and becomes official? Then you'd have jealous bounty hunter scum wanting to kill you for selling out and rebel scum to deal with. You'd fight ALL the scum.
>>
>>834492

come join us torture elves as a flying gobbo
>>
>>842733
>EU wipe

I don't get why they're so salty. Its not they had a crisis on infinite earths that said "Yeah no. All those characters and stories and settings? They died screaming. A big anti-matter monster ate them. Enjoy your new continuity now. In a few decades a scottish wizard and a cereal king will fix it so that they're not really dead just existing off screen in the infinite multiverse somewhere maybe"

All they did was say "we're doing something else".

>>843141
Writefags or google searches.
>>
>>843583
It's the feeling of having everything that you invested yourself into suddenly be said "yeah, it doesn't matter anymore". I can understand it, but I was never too invested in the old EU anyway. It had a LOT of stupid stuff that simply couldn't be fit into a Star Wars movie without it seeming fucking stupid.

Not to say JewJew Abrams did anything justice, he gave us a great Star Wars film but it'll be a New Hope hopefully compared to Rian Johnson's Episode 8.
>>
>>843610
>It had a LOT of stupid stuff that simply couldn't be fit into a Star Wars movie without it seeming fucking stupid.
Nobody said it ever had to go in there.

JJA belongs in a fucking gas chamber. That movie was shit. I should know, I watched it again to confirm.
>>
>>843635
There were a lot of interesting ideas in TFA and I liked the fact that compared to the Prequels at least, it felt like a really grand adventure. I had no problems with any of the characters except Max von Sydow only getting five minutes of dialogue at best before being slaughtered.

I can give TFA a lot of the benefit of the doubt because it accomplished pretty much what it set out to do, make Star Wars great again.
>>
>>843654

I disagree but you are entitled to your own opinion on the matter.
>>
>>843654
>I liked the fact that compared to the Prequels at least, it felt like a really grand adventure
Not really. It felt like watching a shit play. They kept jumping around following a boring story and the sets changed behind them.
>>
>>843141
Go into google and type

_____ Concept Art

_____ Portrait

Works like 85% of the time

Also reverse image search
>>
>>843141

Depends on the genre really.

Most of mine came from /m/.
>>
>>843610
>"yeah it doesn't matter anymore"

I can see that, but its not like a cosmic black hole ate everyone and spat out the new universe. The old canon is still "there". Think of it as pure and untouched.

>a great Star Wars film

He played it safe to a satirical degree, basically hitting all the New Hope beats for nostalgia bux while making derivative looking stuff for the toylines to sell. All the Ren stuff he's leaving for the next poor bastard in line to explain.

I can't see how anyone could resolve the Ren stuff to a satisfying conclusion.
>>
>>843770
I've got to say, I love the Darth Rey vs purified Ren Solo angle that /tv/ is preaching. It might save this trilogy.
>>
>>843712
>>843770

These.
>>
File: Title Cards.png (3MB, 2562x1714px) Image search: [Google]
Title Cards.png
3MB, 2562x1714px
>>843201
>>843197

Which of these seem best?
>>
>>844097
Rebel Hunter.
>>
>>844097
I still stand by Shadow of the Empire regardless of aesthetics.
>>
>>843455
>Surely mechs are the thing you fight in, and the plot happens outside of them.

Try a non-Western mindset?

The mechs are means for the plot to happen/advance, or something like that. Or they're a mirror/analogy/metaphorical window to the plot at hand.
>>
>>844178
It depends on the story. A tomino show where the mechs have some psychic connection to the character like Gundam, Aura Battler Dunbine, and Ideon? Yeah. But for something like Big O or Full Metal Panic the mechs are simply a means to an end. The general plot would change very little if you wrote the mechs out.
>>
>>844178
They don't have to be though. That's like saying that because your MC is a race car driver that every single thing has to revolve around the race car.

If the mech in question is purely a machine, it's just a vehicle. Not every mech has to be a gundam or evangelion.
>>
>>844307

> But for something like Big O or Full Metal Panic the mechs are simply a means to an end.

Wasn't the Lambda Driver a big big deal in FMP though? With the powers it gave and how only a single pilot can use it, the psychic connection may have well have been there.
>>
>>844342
So why even have the quest feature special snowflake mechs that need special kinds of pilots then, if the mechs will be background dressing?
>>
>>844718
Basically it's there to make certain situations possible that would be unreasonable otherwise. You can have things be important to the plot while remaining in the background. In fact, some would argue that the best plot devices are those that hide in plain sight.

I'm mostly just playing devil's advocate here. I don't feel strongly one way or the other.
>>
File: Title Card 2.png (1MB, 1280x856px) Image search: [Google]
Title Card 2.png
1MB, 1280x856px
>>844112
>>844105

I don't know, I'm leaning more towards Rebel Hunter, myself.
>>
>>844745
You sound like you just copy pasted off a lecture or something, like you can't rephrase it like you really know it.
>>
>>844951
What is your complaint exactly? That quests shouldn't have mechs if they aren't the main focus of the story?
>>
>>844951
Whatever man. I know what I said.

The whole point of the mechs could be that they're there to force plot stuff to happen that wouldn't make much sense without them. How else can you have angsty teenagers in a military setting? Make them the only people who can pilot them. Otherwise it'd be silly to have people like Shinji Ikari involved with the military.

It isn't my fault if you're not used to people having a decent vocabulary. Go fuck yourself.
>>
So is Brine dead again?
>>
Just want to update, DWMA quest will be running a day earlier than normal. I'll be on tomorrow at between 5 and 6 Mountain Standard Time to do a short run. Had some family stuff change days from Saturday to Sunday, so you all get to finish talking to Emma the Saltiest Nurse sooner.
>>
File: PILLAR.jpg (279KB, 1000x1642px) Image search: [Google]
PILLAR.jpg
279KB, 1000x1642px
We should start Above and Below in a few hours

>>845775
>>845775
>>845775
>>
>>836283
>>QM Questions:
>>Player Question:
>Why do you always shitpost during character creation?

I really liked the way Exalted Quest did it. You know, creating it a bit at a time over various threads whenever a NPC asked for details, a la flashback. Did other quests do it?
>>
>>844097
I like the Shadow of the Empire more but that must be my edge side so use the Rebel Hunter one.
>>
>>845280
Star Wars QMs die often around here.
>>
Quick question, what are the commands for text formatting on /qst/ again?
>>
File: Title Cards 2.png (1MB, 2562x858px) Image search: [Google]
Title Cards 2.png
1MB, 2562x858px
>>845861
>>844105
>>844112
>>838724
>>841898
>>841917

Hm...

I think they are both good, honestly.

Help me out here:

http://www.strawpoll.me/11685838
>>
>>845928
Does it matter? Do you really think you have the capacity and will to manage a community while also writing anything with a semblance of quality if you can't even locate and read a sticky?
>>
File: 1464805712820.jpg (72KB, 773x897px) Image search: [Google]
1464805712820.jpg
72KB, 773x897px
>search 'maids'
>0 results found
Disappointed in the lack of taste around here since I vanished. Hitmaid Quest is still alive, and will run next week Saturday. Hope my players haven't died since I dropped off the grid.
>>
>>846022
Whoa, chill the fk down. It's a dumb question, but you don't have to be a dick about it.
>>
File: tegaki.png (8KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
tegaki.png
8KB, 400x400px
>>846025
>>
>>846044
It's for the common good. It's become the norm on /qst/ to be clueless and incapable of doing even basic research and preparation before shitting out a thread. Only hope of changing that is to yell at people until they leave or stop being lazy shits.
>>
New thread of Sanguine Quest, come check it out!
>>846235
I promise I'll work twice as hard if you guys vie me vote, I'm so ronery ;_;

>QM Questions:
Just integrate it seamlessly into the story. Of course it's easier said than done but even if it isn't done very subtlely it can still work (see Banished)

>Player Question:
Why do you always shitpost during character creation?
I rarely do and if I do it's mostly to see what the QM will do with an original concept.
>>
File: 1337116852555.jpg (20KB, 406x293px) Image search: [Google]
1337116852555.jpg
20KB, 406x293px
>>846251
>(see Banished)
>>
>>846256
While the mark was a nice addition, the gist of the chara creation was this:

What did you do for the tribe?
>You were a Vatis, skilled in manipulating the energy that resides in all living things.
>You were a soldier, a master of the Marsala Ve.
>You were a merchant, growing wealthy off the trade of sea silk, pearls, and coral.

... which is hardly subtle.
>>
File: download.jpg (4KB, 201x250px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
4KB, 201x250px
"that's update!"™

>>825978
>>
>>836283

>QM Questions:
It can't.

>Player Question:
Because fuck you, that's why.
>>
Is there a site where i can look at a bunch of completed quests like this?
>>
Why is Sanguine Quest not getting more voters? It's a fine quest, what's with the shunning?
>>
Yo might run later today!
>>
>>846413
suptg
>>
SHIMIGAMI SAVANT QUEST IS LIVE AND RUNNING!
>>846373
>>
File: 121608670.jpg (75KB, 736x490px) Image search: [Google]
121608670.jpg
75KB, 736x490px
Continuing the Xianxia quest from yesterday.

>>842882
>>
File: 1479377345433.jpg (3MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
1479377345433.jpg
3MB, 1988x3056px
Somebody make a thundercats/He-Man inspired quest please
>>
>>845846
Didn't Exalted Quest also end up with a big titty brown chick who's fucked literally thousands of randos?
>>
>>846560
Fucks anything and everything.
>>
>>846560
>fucked literally thousands of randos
Thats exalted for ya
>>
>>846546
I had an idea for a game based on 1980's action figure toys, maybe even a civ game. It would all take place on one planet and you would have one faction made of ancient transforming robots (Transformers, Go bots, Rock Lords), another of military specialists from Earth (GI Joe, MASK, Inhumanoids), an empire of magic-tech humans (He-Man, Visionaries, Crystar), a rival empire of beast-people (Thundercats), and a composite bad guy faction of evil humans from Earth (COBRA) and natives that would eventually splinter off into competing factions as the good guy factions put their differences aside and band together to fight back.

The idea is that at first none of the good guy factions get along while the bad guys do. The beast empire is an old enemy of the human empire. The ancient robots remember the world as it was millennia ago. The Earthlings don't know what the fuck is going on. The factions will either have to unite through diplomacy or by subduing one another to stand a chance against the composite bad guy faction.

What do you think?
>>
>>846560
>Didn't Exalted Quest also end up with a big titty brown chick who's fucked literally thousands of randos?
You say that like it's a bad thing, but no it's was more like a hundred during a bad time.
>>
File: not shibari.png (225KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
not shibari.png
225KB, 1024x1024px
>>846791
>>846791
>>846791
A cat is fine too.
>>
>>846560
>>>845846
>Didn't Exalted Quest also end up with a big titty brown chick who's fucked literally thousands of randos?

Bit of an exaggeration, but yeah, EQ's MC has a lot of sex. Does that mean the chargen was bad?
>>
Sons, Stars & Sins is up:

>>846882
>>846882
>>846882
>>
>>846933

LGA2 is up.
>>
File: tegaki.png (56KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
tegaki.png
56KB, 400x400px
>>846793
>>
File: 1395543923012.gif (248KB, 373x434px) Image search: [Google]
1395543923012.gif
248KB, 373x434px
man I miss writing quests
I just don't have time for it anymore

what's the quest scene like these days
>>
File: too lewd.png (76KB, 230x395px) Image search: [Google]
too lewd.png
76KB, 230x395px
>>847035
Oh wow, thanks for the pic! You sick pervert
>>
File: STG 46.jpg (75KB, 900x636px) Image search: [Google]
STG 46.jpg
75KB, 900x636px
>>
File: tegaki.png (50KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
tegaki.png
50KB, 400x400px
>>847067
this took a while.
>>
>>847354
jesus fucking christ

of course it's a person of color
>>
File: QUALITY blush.png (328KB, 387x406px) Image search: [Google]
QUALITY blush.png
328KB, 387x406px
>>847354
Hey, this is a blue board! But nice stuff, GermanSchteel, thank you! Never received anything like this before, I like it.
>>
>>847354
What is even happening?
>>
>>847458
I'm bored between posts of LGA2 even though I still have stuff to pre-write.

My priorities are infinitely skewed.

>>847450
I'm glad you enjoy it.
>>
File: panzerhund.jpg (330KB, 2000x1126px) Image search: [Google]
panzerhund.jpg
330KB, 2000x1126px
Where Wolves Fear To Tread is now running! Stop on by for some good old fashioned Nazi killing.

>>847585
>>847585
>>847585
>>
>>838436
>>838436
>>838436

WE'RE BACK!
>>
Am I allowed to post my quest in here when I'm not running or what
>>
>>847656
No, the cops will come and arrest you if you do that.
>>
>>847656
What's it about, VoxelAnon?
>>
>>847690
o shit

>>847749
cute girls doing cute things in (possibly cute) tanks

except now they're British
>>
>>847779
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/qstarchive.html?tags=CSC
anyway I'll just leave the archive for the first two quests for people to look at if they want

I'm on twitter @Pixel_Anon if you want to follow for quest times
Next one should be next friday

Also if you don't like /u/-boats this probably isn't the quest for you
>>
DWMA Quest is continuing soon.

Like a half hour or so.

I don't have a lot of time, but I'm gonna do what I can. There's some FRESH ART for those who come by!
>>
>>847044
Everything I've seen, it's not fantastic, but I'm still having fun.
>>
>>843455
>and the plot happens outside of them.
Have you not seen the drama that occurs when your mech gets shot or wrecked while you are in it? Did you not see Pacific Rim?
>>
Running now.
>>847847
>>847847
>>847847
>>
File: Cwy--CGUoAAug_n.jpg (167KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
Cwy--CGUoAAug_n.jpg
167KB, 1200x900px
Only 6 hours
3 Shots of liquor
One fight
One near arrest later and I'm finally live

http://anonkun.com/stories/symbiote-quest-20/nLFhaigrSfd8Kdqfr/issue-8-valentines-day/dqs3d8XNfxhdZzQS4

Time for four or five hours of the waifu bait/war chapter
>>
File: 2.1.png (762KB, 516x978px) Image search: [Google]
2.1.png
762KB, 516x978px
For those interested, an update on the Paladin of Avalon is up!
http://anonkun.com/stories/the-paladin-of-avalon/-JRvxJl3loGBg9Bo64XE/28-a-rising-shadow/8jBXrRko89FZoxwQd
>>
As someone who's not been to /qst/ since the great divide, can someone inform me of how the board's going? Are there a bunch of short-lived quests or are there plenty of long ones? Are there lots of one-shots? Quality? Anything, really.

I'll probably lurk anyway but I wanted to ask. Feeling melancholic this afternoon.
>>
>>848850
Eh, it's alright. Could be better.
>>
>>848850

Things are slow. But I will continue with my quest, even though I preferred /tg/, until it is done.
>>
>>848850
Things move much slower than on /tg/ but a small solid community is here.
>>
/qst/-tan Quest 2 finally continues after a few days hiatus!

>>816164
>>816164
>>816164
>>
Could use some players, kind of just spinning my wheels at the moment.

>>842744
>>842744
>>842744
>>
File: 3eca99978cbb25ebf71d2e1c6dda826e.png (780KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
3eca99978cbb25ebf71d2e1c6dda826e.png
780KB, 768x1024px
I forgot to post it but pokemon island adventure quest is up:

>>848697
>>848697
>>848697
>>
I love civ quests, but I was wondering if there was a way to play it at the table top. either where the players play as one civ or play as different competing civs. Has anyone tried doing this, and what where the results?
>>
>>849939
You'd probably have better luck asking /tg/
>>
>>849986
I did about a week ago, but unfortunately all I got was two comments. One saying it wouldn't work, and another saying to try the Reign System. Neither of which really gave me any ideas.
>>
>>850017
Risk
Settlers of Catan, maybe
>>
>>850059
Maybe, the hex map format of SOC is an interesting idea. though I'd like to integrate some role play somehow.
>>
>>849939
there ARE board games that are just that. Go watch that board game youtube channel thing, they've covered at least 2 as far as I know.

If it's not what you're looking for, then what ARE you looking for?
>>
File: civ_chart.png (5MB, 1500x5895px) Image search: [Google]
civ_chart.png
5MB, 1500x5895px
>>850381
Something that allows people to role play in a similar fashion as these civ threads. Something that can either be quick, or actually progress into a real story. Not really a board game experience, more of a role play one.
>>
>>850416
>people to role play
>Something that can either be quick
My experience with civs seem to contradict yours, so could you elaborate?
>>
>>850440
Sorry, my bad; I needed to be clearer. I mean either the game (theoretical table-top-rpg version I want to make) could be played as a couple of sessions (one offs beer and pretzles game). Or it could be played over multiple sessions that develop into a game of thrones style narrative, spanning across several sessions(Which is what I'd prefer).
>>
>>850519
>beer and pretzles
I would have to recommend the faction/risk type deals, where each player has their respective civ. It's a bit of a problem getting people to work together otherwise.

If it's a relatively fast game, have maybe 2 decks: events(storms, gold rush, famine, etc) and resources(clay, iron, gems, silk, etc) each race has stats that are better at weathering certain disasters or taking advantage of boons.

Victory is obtained when you get a set list of resources, one based on the race, one randomly picked from the resource deck(inherently decreasing the copies of that resource), and one roleplayed/declared by the player as a resource their civ specializes in and adds said copies to the deck.

Get players to negotiate each other for said resources or aid if a disaster hits them pretty hard.

That's my spitball pitch, anyway. You'll need another set of mechanics to make culture/political roleplay matter more.
>>
>>850639
Very interesting. Merfolk could be able to shrug off a flood, but would be in dire straights if they experience a drought. So they'd need to possibly work with the tribe of elementals to survive. I like the idea of random events shaping how the players would either help or hinder the others.

perhaps the role play aspect could take the form of player goals.
Goblin player: I want to defeat the dwarf tribe
Elves: I want to be the most advanced race
Humans: I want to have a lot of land.
etc

Races could possibly have biases, elves help dwarves and humans fine, but can never work with goblins or orcs.
>>
>>850708
>Races could possibly have biases, elves help dwarves and humans fine, but can never work with goblins or orcs.
no that takes up valuable description space. If a race is going to be racist, let the player roleplay it, no need to waste a possible perk/flaw
>>
The Raiders Part Two, session 1 is up.

Storm and Snow edition, because goddamn.

>>851071
>>
>>>/tg/50318561
>>
>>851344
Honestly, the sheer amount of autism required to even have a thread like that makes it hard for me to miss /tg/.
>>
>>851382
It's this reason we'll never have another shadow quest or a new quest with supremely overreacting players, and just maybe, juuust maybe, that's a good thing.
>>
>>851392
It's a sad commentary that I'd honestly rather have a running discussion of MtG or boardgames in one of my own threads than on /tg/. The board's grown that stale.
>>
>>851406
I still miss /tg/ sometimes. It was nice having a flow of incidental players finding Quests for the first time.
>>
>>851382
Then stay here, faggot. Go back to freeforming with your waifu
>>
>>851418
Hands down the best part were the reaction images. It feels like, at least in new threads, people don't post those as often here.
>>
>>851427
Reactions of anons were amazing. Now they're like unicorns here.

In the threads I've looked over from to time, it feels like Questing has become of a business thing to vote in and watch rather than discuss, react, or have fun in.
>>
>>851427
>best part
for me*
>>
>>851419
Why are you even here?
>>
File: duel.jpg (176KB, 1100x619px) Image search: [Google]
duel.jpg
176KB, 1100x619px
Bored and looking for something to read? Want to archive dive? Read my quest!

It's a wuxia story where you play a wandering swordsman in an alternate earth setting with fantasy elements.

There's a lot of overlapping plotlines which all have an influence on future events, and I love to drop foreshadowing or hints into the text, so an eagle eyed player can find details that'll really change the direction of the plot. It's about 90,000 words long at the moment, which should take a few hours to get through and arguably well written.

Highpoints so far include;
>clearing out a whole gang of bandits
>sparring with a legendary swordsman
>toppling a tyrant
>sparking a revolution
>challenging four legendary merchants to a battle of skill
>teaching an old friends son the way of the sword
and soon
>becoming a father

Come check it out. New players are extremely welcome, and reviews are too, (even of the Cosmic trolling variety).

http://anonkun.com/stories/invincible-swordsman-quest/WL2ENCoy6uAmXvfjX/home
>>
File: Gamers Forced Out Yet Again.png (452KB, 975x651px) Image search: [Google]
Gamers Forced Out Yet Again.png
452KB, 975x651px
>>851436
Because they can't help but gloat over their victory.
>>
LGA2 is up.

>>851887
>>
File: the entrance is kinda like this.jpg (72KB, 768x494px) Image search: [Google]
the entrance is kinda like this.jpg
72KB, 768x494px
>>
Where Wolves Fear To Tread is running right now!

>>847585
>>847585
>>847585
>>
File: 2.1.jpg (614KB, 890x890px) Image search: [Google]
2.1.jpg
614KB, 890x890px
For those interested, an update on the Paladin of Avalon is up!
http://anonkun.com/stories/the-paladin-of-avalon/-JRvxJl3loGBg9Bo64XE/28-a-rising-shadow/8jBXrRko89FZoxwQd
>>
File: 1471218517808.jpg (779KB, 1200x903px) Image search: [Google]
1471218517808.jpg
779KB, 1200x903px
Starcaller Quest is running now.
>>852553
>>852553
>>852553
>>
>>852893
>>852893
>>852893

Relic Quest is now live.
>>
File: tegaki.png (9KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
tegaki.png
9KB, 400x400px
>>851431
That's probably the entire reason why this board is so slow

I just want to read something lighthearted and fun to read. All these quests with some enormous danger looming overhead or some great goal to accomplish are incredibly tiring
>>
>>851431
>vote in and watch rather than discuss, react, or have fun in

This is probably the thing I'm the most sad about since leaving /tg/

Player numbers aren't a huge issue, just leave longer between updates and such, take it a little slower. But the lack of talking between different anons, lack of discussion or even jokes, memes and shitposting. It makes quests as a whole feel a lot less quirky and fun and a lot more like a serious thing.
>>
>>852948
And to make it even more serious, IDs. I'm glad there's a setting that let's me turn them off but keep trips although I doubt the casual viewer is going to bother.
>>
File: Leonard_Samson_(Earth-616)_005.gif (48KB, 221x400px) Image search: [Google]
Leonard_Samson_(Earth-616)_005.gif
48KB, 221x400px
http://anonkun.com/stories/symbiote-quest-20/nLFhaigrSfd8Kdqfr/issue-8-valentines-day/dqs3d8XNfxhdZzQS4

Thanks, Doc
>>
>>852916
>>852948
>>852963

Personally, I think the attitude of having to better oneself with the whole "Quest review" things and the "you need a better premise than that" this and what not is kind of hurting Quests in general.

Trying to make your Quest good is one thing. But trying to make it the best thing ever is not fun. Editing, having to worldbuild every single detail, having to plan out every single encounter "just because" isn't fun, at least I don't find it fun.

Part of the appeal of Quests is the pulp aspect of it, that you can just jump in, have some fun, laugh, and be amazed at what's going on no matter where you are. And that's what helps people get into Quests in the first place.

That's just my two cents anyway. I just want to write fun quests and have fun. People always tell me that I should stop writing cute girls doing cute things but I do it anyway because I like to. When did it suddenly become vogue to be all serious in doing Quests?
>>
File: tegaki.png (7KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
tegaki.png
7KB, 400x400px
>>852963
what's the problem with IDs?
>>
>>852974
I dunno. But in keeping with the spirit of semi-random fun I'll name drop A Wizard and his Tower. QM is kinda insane with their updates though.

>>852984
More used to anonymous boards, s'all. Simpler. Also, colors clash badly with my other features. Something between screaming fluorescent pink and shining emerald puke green isn't great against my background. But it's removable so there's that.
>>
>>852974
Funny enough, I feel like since the swap to /qst/ it actually makes less sense for us to focus so hard on refining quests.

Every board has shitposts or bad threads and we can sure as hell afford to have some now that we have a whole board. Weird experimental shit, with no real limits imposed on it should be flying up out of the wood work, but instead we have... well, what we had in /tg/ but worse.
>>
>>852974
> When did it suddenly become vogue to be all serious in doing Quests?
I feel like it's reached its height since /qst/ was made the only questing board. Player numbers here dropped quick and perhaps understandably a reaction to that was the idea that because there are less anons around to read/play quests, if QMs want to keep/build playerbases we have to 'better' the quality of their work, which means they need to get serious about quests.

Whether that's a valid viewpoint is obviously up for debate, I personally don't really share it, at least not wholly. Though I do think thorough editing's something any QM should strive towards, just as matter of courtesy.
>>
>>852974
Maybe readers are just emotionally uninvested in what's happening. I know that tensions running high and great successes or awful rolls get the reaction images coming in droves, so maybe people just don't feel any real highs or lows when reading. I know I do sometimes.
>>
Jedi Knight Quest is back up again!
>>838436
>>838436
>>838436
>>
File: tegaki.png (11KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
tegaki.png
11KB, 400x400px
>>852974
>>853078
>>853048
Here's one thing I've been noticing

It's not really the quality of quests changing, all the new ones here generally have a good level of competence when it comes to grammar and writing. This has been true since before the creation of the board also, from what I saw.

The thing that got most of my interest in quests was how easily attached us players got to the characters. It shows even now - the quests that get the most attention aren't so heavy on deep lore or interesting settings (although this might be left up to opinion), they're more focused on player interactions with the characters

>>853039
We have to make a return to drawfagging in quests
>>
>>853198
>We have to make a return to drawfagging in quests
I've never run a drawquest before /qst/ but since coming here, run nothing but, so I like to think I'm doing my part
>>
>>853198
Indeed. One thing I always tell people who want to run Quests is to focus on making likeable characters. In fact, I believe it to be central to making a good story period. You can write the best story there is with an amazing plot and a thrilling adventure but no one will give a shit if they don't like the characters.

But people will go through hellfire and ice just to see a character they like succeed.
>>
>>852974
I kind of have a problem where I'll have an idea of what I want the quest to be when I start it, then I find that the players are even nearly as silly as I want them to be and find that the tone ends up completely different from what I wanted it to be.

Then as the quest goes a bit the world grows a bit and the setting gets laid down and I get bigger and bigger ideas that keep getting dashed. By the 50th update I start getting depressed and tired of it and as they go on I start wishing I hadn't started it.

Maybe it's just my mistake, but I find the players take it too seriously almost. I just want to make a goofy little thing and then end it without disappointing anyone, but the actual quest always turns out way more serious than I want it to so it feels like I'm a huge failure for abruptly wanting to end it.
>>
File: tegaki.png (11KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
tegaki.png
11KB, 400x400px
>>853214
What is it? I'll pop in and take a look sometime maybe probably

>>853219
Tone is left up almost entirely to the writer though

If you wanted something silly you have to inject it in

If the players wanted to stab someone, there's nothing stopping you from going pic related, you know what I mean?
>>
>>853254
The players didn't really decide to do anything all that silly though.

Perhaps it's my fault for not making the intended tone clear enough from the start.
>>
File: Title Card 5.png (1MB, 1280x856px) Image search: [Google]
Title Card 5.png
1MB, 1280x856px
>>846010

I guess that's that, then. Shadow of the Empire quest it is!

It's not ready yet, but keep an eye out in the future.
>>
>>853219
I feel running a quest is a constant up and down situation. There are always times I feel like I want to end the quest, but then there are times that remind me how much I enjoy it.

I was pretty much ready to put my quest on indefinite hiatus today, but an anon said it was one of his favorites and it got to me enough to come back and continue running, and you know what? Suddenly I'm having a great time again.

>>853254
Ongoing one is Tome of Quest
also done a few one offs.
>>
>>853271
ah shit wilba?

I just found your quest too, damn

I see what you mean, your players just wanted to kill stuff

Although I think it's not your start, it's that you only have enemies around and the only helpful thing around was the absentee dad
>>
File: koc0314 - Copy.png (84KB, 911x615px) Image search: [Google]
koc0314 - Copy.png
84KB, 911x615px
If there's gonna be a surge of silly drawquests soon, then damn, I'm waaay too early to the drawquest party. Although I don't really have much in the way of investment, honestly. I originally came here to try one thing then hop back out. Still, I'd like to thank my players, all five of them, for sticking by me until the end. Whether /qst/ will die or not, I'm okay with that.
>>
>>853279
>I feel running a quest is a constant up and down situation. There are always times I feel like I want to end the quest, but then there are times that remind me how much I enjoy it.
It really bothers me because I just can't seem to get myself over that first dip. The only quest I feel like ended well and was reasonably funny the whole way through was posts long and ended on a hook to a sequel quest that I give up on like 3 posts in.

Maybe I should stick to lolrandum stuff. It feels like every time I start thinking of the setting making sense and hitting the story notes I wanted to the whole thing just falls apart as I'm writing it.

Might be a problem with drawquests, too. It's a lot easier to write "You jump out and stab him! Then the guards take you away for murder." than it is to actually draw it and the following consequences.

>>853306
It's not even the wanting to kill stuff. Its not the player's fault really, it's more that I feel like I can't really keep up when I set the precedent that there's supposed to be actual consequences for the actions. I think I just need more experience to keep thing flowing properly without everything falling apart in my brain as I try to predict the player's actions and make sense of stuff I think up on the fly.

Man I think this trip is gonna end up with a reputation for flaking at this rate.
Granted, I haven't done enough to really have a "reputation" really.
>>
>>853373
>was 50 posts
fix'd
Godamnit.
>>
>>851431
I remember that one time i was talking off-topic stuff with another player on a quest thread, right after quests got banned.
The difference in atmosphere was incredible, and so was the response to banter from other players.
Now, i am more careful where i talk or discuss stuff with other players, but until i have a better idea of how each "sub-community" works, i feel like i am walking on eggshells.

This is the culture of this board, that i can accept.
There are ways to encourage banter between players and discourage this "all bussiness" attitude that is so prevalent, but it comes to the individual QM in their threads.
Some encouragement from the QM can go a long way when promoting banter and discussion. Players also tend to be respectful enough to stop when asked by the QM, or even fellow players, so it's not like you guys are all out of options.
Encourage the dialogue you want, and discourage the one you don't
>>
>>853389
I remember the first truly furious shitpost I got... It felt great.

It makes sense when you explain it this way, that if I want that feeling again I must furiously shitpost at my players. Thanks anon.
>>
>>853198
>We have to make a return to drawfagging in quests
Welllll, you didnt hear this from me or anything, but i heard drawfags feed on attention and praise Not even "Woah, you drew this shitty thing in MSPaint? You are our new god!" but "Hey, thank you for that, now continuing..." since they tend to do it either to get some recognition or to show the QM some measure of gratitude for running their favorite quests

Seriously, you wouldn't believe the times i've seen good art that goes unnapreciated by their fellow players or even the QM

I used to think it was because people tend to give more praise to artists who draw the waifus and forget about the others. But that isn't true, it is a more general thing.

Not that i would know this from personal experience I do fine, i just stop drawing in quests who ignore my drawings, and any problems just disappear

Aand before someone comes and says it; No, no one is entitled to recieve praise or feedback. Then again, no one is entitled to recieve anything, so if you want something you like to keep happening like, say, recieving fan art, then why not encourage it? Just a little bit?

please, please, please. Never do that thing where votes with drawings are worth more that was talked about a month ago, even if it was in jest. That will only end in tears
>>
>>851431
Honestly one of the biggest killers for my motivation is when nobody discusses anything at all, or all that happens is just filling in the circle on the vote choice. I'm thankful that people bother to read my crap in the first place but I have no idea what's going through their heads, no clue what they like or dislike, if they just do the vote and nothing else so I feel really disconnected from the players.

I don't want to ask them either because I'm concerned that they'd just tell me what I want to hear instead of how they actually feel.
>>
>>853533

This hits uncomfortably close to home for me.
>>
>>853533
Yeah, this gets me too, even if you're not necessarily going to banter with other anons, just give a little blurb or something after the vote to explain your rationale or tweak the stock vote or something to show you're a little more engaged.

The sad thing is I notice myself doing it less as a player too, due to tiredness or just laziness. Feels bad in hindsight.
>>
>>853533

I get this feeling all too much as well. Probably why I haven't run in over a month...
>>
File: qst-tan2.png (352KB, 899x1234px) Image search: [Google]
qst-tan2.png
352KB, 899x1234px
/qst/-tan Quest 2 continues!

>>853693
>>853693
>>853693
>>
>>853576
>Spoiler
I can agree, I find myself taking part in quests less and less as a player actually, I think it's cause i have the attention span of a gnat
>>
>>853697
>quest is a faggot

not really surprised senpai
>>
File: 1472994563737.jpg (67KB, 500x706px) Image search: [Google]
1472994563737.jpg
67KB, 500x706px
If you eat a steak that is still pink after cooking it you belong in a zoo

A lot of my players belong in a zoo
>>
>>853973
Blame the players of /qst/-tan Quest 1, they voted for it.
>>
>>853981
Well aren't you just full of vigorous opinions.
Hey, how's Spartan II going?
>>
>>853985
Fair enough. I don't hate you anymore :)
>>
>>853981
Finally, someone gets it
>>
>>853981
>liking steak well done

And you belong in the trash
>>
Does anyone have any recommendations for battle systems? I want to keep it simple enough without just nescesarily being "you roll higher then ___, you win"
>>
>>854545
I made mine like a tradition JRPG battle system, and I do all of the rolls off-screen after the players pick what they want the characters to do. However it is a lot of number crunching and may be annoying for some people.
>>
>>854545

I think FATE could work pretty well.

If you are really good at crunching math, what >>854595 said could also be good. Just literally use JRPG health and mana
>>
I'm thinking I should start beef with Kaz of that Devil Summoner quest to stave off ennui while preserving the small amount of relevancy I have on this board.

What do y'all think?

Yay?

Nay?
>>
>>854595
If you can code, the calculations can be made easier
>>
>>854085
>>853981
>not being able to enjoy both styles of steak
Broaden your minds and your tastebuds.
>>
>>854656
you're actually not relevant at all
>>
File: 9ZIDZLU.jpg (95KB, 500x653px) Image search: [Google]
9ZIDZLU.jpg
95KB, 500x653px
The Raiders Part 2 Session 2 continues.

Kinky not!Githyanki hijinks continue.

>>854836
>>
>>854656
You could just run Lost Island already.
>>
File: Ajiyimad.jpg (301KB, 1600x671px) Image search: [Google]
Ajiyimad.jpg
301KB, 1600x671px
Short flashback for a combat test in Black Company quest if anyone is interested.

>>854949
>>
>>854766
You can't "enjoy" the taste of well done steak, because it has no taste. No matter how much you broaden your mind unless your mind's expanse covers lunacy fecal matter will taste like shit.
>>
File: dora.jpg (28KB, 281x425px) Image search: [Google]
dora.jpg
28KB, 281x425px
>>854766
>>855122
What a heated debate. Let me settle your beef! Stop defrying each other's tastes, and meat people who share your own tastes insteak! This way the greater food is better served.
>>
>Well done steak is bad

nonononono

Shut up.

Hear me out.

Well done steak is bad because the cuts of meat that get well done'd are usually sub par anyway and perhaps questionable if you really don't want to fry those suckers because of parasites and the like.

So yeah, every well done steak you've ever had in your middle to low class life has been a hard, charcoal brick.

But if we're talking high end steaks with really fucking good cuts of meat prepared by professionals then, yeah, rare or medium rare versions of these steaks are superior. But a well done steak of the high end variety and prepared correctly CAN taste scrumptious.

TL;DR

You're all plebs anyway so stop dickwaving about how you cook your pleb tier steaks.
>>
>>855143
>this entire thread
>>
File: Beef about beef.png (11KB, 316x218px) Image search: [Google]
Beef about beef.png
11KB, 316x218px
>>855147
>>
>>855122
....well, I can't really deny the lunacy on my part....
>>
File: 1479093556683.png (368KB, 800x1400px) Image search: [Google]
1479093556683.png
368KB, 800x1400px
XCOM QUEST IS BACK
>>855282
>>
Where all the waifu quests at
>>
SanguineQM had to shut down his quest, poor gender-neutral-guy needed to head over to Anonkun to get more than one player per quarter hour.

What should they have done? Sanguine posted n this thread, on the Discord, and on Twitter, and it's a good quest. Why did it have to die?
>>
>>855319
Wasn't the QM of Sanguine Quest called OzQM? Is that who you're talking about?
>>
>>854020
>Hey, how's Spartan II going?
Meh

You free this weekend? I might do it
>>
File: fucking hook.jpg (172KB, 1200x789px) Image search: [Google]
fucking hook.jpg
172KB, 1200x789px
>>855319

>Sanguine posted n this thread
Does anyone actually look at the random links some almost-aspiring QM decides to smear over the thread? They very, very rarely bother to attach even the semblance of a hook when they do so and have already left a bad impression by begging for players in the first place. So many are literally just the link, sometimes the link three times because inane reasons, and not a single shred of thought put into how the guy even wants to convince me to read it except "help I need players."

>on the Discord
Does anyone other than /qst/ QMs use it? I've never bothered to look at it and I don't know what he posted there so can't really comment on that.

>and on Twitter
Excellent for making it easier for the players you've already hooked to stay on your hook, but that's all. He didn't manage to actually get listed on either QM list though, looking through his tweets he did NOT use it to inform anyone when he would be running but only that he already HAS posted, and did not include links in his tweets.

Remember, your twitter is for making it as easy as possible for your players (the ones you already HAVE) to follow you. If you get a tweet from a QM that he's posted a thread but you're in the middle of important shit, well tough luck maybe you'll look in a few hours. But if you get a tweet saying he'll run in two days at exactly o'clock then hey, maybe you'll get that housework done a little early so you can put up your feet that night and have comfy times with your favorite quest.

>and it's a good quest
Fooled me, then. I even read the entire OP the first time I saw the first thread and.. eh. I've said it so many times now it's getting tired, so let me try a slightly more humorous way. QMs are NOT nuns, they're goddamn good-for-nothing sluts and if they don't put the goods on display, they get nothing in this life. You want them players you gotta start with an OP that grabs both of their eyes and makes them crave for the next update. An OP describing the dust in the room you wake up in isn't that.

Pic related: It's fucking Hook. He knows what's up.
>>
>>855347
>Remember, your twitter is for making it as easy as possible for your players (the ones you already HAVE) to follow you. If you get a tweet from a QM that he's posted a thread but you're in the middle of important shit, well tough luck maybe you'll look in a few hours. But if you get a tweet saying he'll run in two days at exactly o'clock then hey, maybe you'll get that housework done a little early so you can put up your feet that night and have comfy times with your favorite quest.

More QMs need to understand this. Tell me when you are going to run so I have some notice.
>>
>>836283

Joker Quest review, wrote the first half and gave up. What am I doing with my life.

Enjoy, you shits.

http://pastebin.com/0img47fv
>>
>>855358
Thank you, that was well done and spot on.
>>
>>855347
What if, okay hear me out, what if, by some crazy reason, qms post in the qtg to tell their players when they're running too? Why does it always have to be shilling?
>>
>>855327
Yes, that's who I meant.

>>855347
Thanks, this was informative.
>>
>>855358
Did Joker Quest end?
>>
>>855404
Hey smartass. How about you actually read what he said. There is no problem advertising on here, but instead of just a link and a 'I'm live!' the QM should try to hook players by adding a little more.
>>
>>855412
"By begging for players in the first place"
Excellent backpedaling
>>
>>855404
Eh, call me old but QTG has never been a good place for that in my eyes. Twitter is, since you can follow exactly who you want and nobody else and even for players who refuse to sign up it's easier to bookmark your twitter for the latest schedule update than to find it in QTG.

Shilling is what you CAN do effectively in QTG. I'm saying if you're going to shill, do it RIGHT. Make me want to read your post and open your thread. Your post has got to have some WHAM! that makes people stop and gaze in awe, something that makes them follow you. Or cute anime girls, just keep in mind we have a lot of those so you better be confident in her cuteness or you'll get called out on you're shit waifu.

>>855419
Exactly. Go look at an ad. A proper one. Does it try to beg? Fuck no, it shows you explosions and tits and orders you to buy a car right the fuck now or you're a goddamn loser and life is shit.
You want me in your quest? Show me that I'm the one who needs your quest, not your quest that needs me.
>>
>>855404
Not sure why they wouldn't just use a twitter or the like unless they're hyperallergic to social media. Twitter gives you instant, specific notifications, while with qtg you have to hope that the interested parties are reading it close to when you post.

The only advantage I can think of for posting in qtg is to let more people know about your quest that don't already know.

Something I never do because I prefer people to run into it because they're looking for something like it but you do you, advertising is better than shitposting anyways
>>
>>855431
The second bit doesn't have to do with what I was arguing at all, but besides that I agree.
>>
File: The iron stove.png (362KB, 511x638px) Image search: [Google]
The iron stove.png
362KB, 511x638px
>>855358
Bretty good!
Hope you'll write more some time.
>>
>>855437
You were arguing 'Man said mean thing!' while ignoring the good natured critique behind it.

It wasn't worth mentioning.
>>
>>855468
I was arguing the purpose of the links, you dimwit. Nice strawman you're punching at.
>>
File: DO NOT READ THIS BOOK.jpg (86KB, 401x607px) Image search: [Google]
DO NOT READ THIS BOOK.jpg
86KB, 401x607px
I'll finish this issue even if it kills me god damn it

>>
we are back

>>845775
>>845775
>>845775
>>
>>855663
Who are you and why should I care?

Take >>855347 's advice, open up your mouth, and speak.
>>
>>855681
i will next time, sorry anon.
>>
>>855437
Fair enough. Really, once I enter lecture mode I pretty much just grab whatever the fuck is around I can use as an example to illustrate my point instead of actually talking to them like they're actual people. That's probably a little rude of me, but hey, you'll live.

On an unrelated note, where are the pirates/age of sail quests?
>>
File: EMQ Logo Silver.png (1007KB, 1600x867px) Image search: [Google]
EMQ Logo Silver.png
1007KB, 1600x867px
Eclipsed Moon Quest Episode 141 is up and live.

Voting window thirty minutes from the first vote cast. Subsequent voting window 15 minutes from the first vote cast per update.

General thanks offered to the handful of my players who have stuck around.

>>855793
>>855793
>>855793
>>
What's going on, /qtg/
>>
>>855883
Schteel, what tank is best tank?
>>
>>855886
No question, the M4 Sherman. Though my guilty favorite is the King Tiger.
>>
>>855883
Running, or at least in standby to run. You?
>>
File: quietly drinking tea.png (244KB, 638x606px) Image search: [Google]
quietly drinking tea.png
244KB, 638x606px
>>855889
>American tank
Sasuga Schteel
>>
File: 1463020523551.jpg (30KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1463020523551.jpg
30KB, 250x250px
>>855906
My eyes are blurred to shit thanks to work, there's a GuP stream on and I'm doing the most impulsive thing ever by running a smut quest just to procrastinate on writing a book or doing anything useful.

Could be better I guess.

>>855907
Please, the American schteel is the best schteel.
>>
>>855914
Link please?
>>
>>855914
Good luck and do better with tomorrow.
>>
File: 1451613866973.jpg (402KB, 666x1503px) Image search: [Google]
1451613866973.jpg
402KB, 666x1503px
>>855918
http://anonkun.com/stories/androids-magic-mercenaries-sex-and-other-nonsense/orPRx8YQA8j7hSaxb
>>
>>856008
>Val Verde

Oh damn, I guess I can't hate you German. That's a good reference.
>>
File: FUN.png (341KB, 750x2880px) Image search: [Google]
FUN.png
341KB, 750x2880px
>>856008
Having 'fun' yet?
>>
>>856469
>>
>>856499
Who are you, and why should we go to your civ?
>>
>>856540
oh yes.

Basically I have decided to do a human civ. The concept is that the gods have created the universe, but exhuasted themselves making them effectively powerless.

the created beings all have basic instinctive knowledge, and the humans (we have a small tribe of them who are plonked by a forest) have some basic knowledge.

However, the biggest thing is that everything is possible, provided one selectively breeds - no bell curve limiting mutations, the genetic information can keep shifting however you manipulate it.

This means that our human tribe will change drastically if the anons want it to.

And, there will be Traditions based on our decisions that will affect things.

For example, if we build an army (picking military), our decisions on what to focus on will have reaching effects. If we focus on something like archers there will be gradually a specialty in archery.

Not only that, but focusing on military won't instantly bring about a large skilled army, it will take time to build up traditions.

Combat will effect culture and bring about changes.

that's one of the deeper plans/ideas.
>>
File: twentywords.jpg (110KB, 447x273px) Image search: [Google]
twentywords.jpg
110KB, 447x273px
>>856575
>>
>>856599
Nah, that was fine.

Thank you, Dawn.
>>
>>856611
:)

now I am just worried my anons don't continue using turns on magic as opposed to basic survival lol.

Especially when I mentioned magic would be a lot tougher than normal civ quests, in the starting post.
>>
File: rita1.jpg (619KB, 1400x920px) Image search: [Google]
rita1.jpg
619KB, 1400x920px
Would anyone be interested in a brutal RWBY quest? The suffering boner I have after finally giving in and watching season three has finally pushed me over the edge, and I already have so much shit thought out it blows me away.
>>
>>856690
Watching any episode involving Blake or Cinder is suffering anyway.
>>
File: signing a petition.webm (3MB, 714x396px) Image search: [Google]
signing a petition.webm
3MB, 714x396px
So I have an for a quest but good portions of it are going to have the MC behind bars for chunks of time.

should I skip them or write them? if the latter what should I do?
>>
>>836283
>QM question
Make it part of the story. Don't just start off with >Are you a boy or a girl

>Player question
I rarely shitpost, but I am guilty of voting in chargen then quickly losing interest
>>
>>857363
that's not a crime. Most quests need an extra voter in chargen to get through it.

A crime is me not knowing enough about basketweaving.

>get a semi troll in my quest
>not a troll actually a genius
>>
>>856690
JUST DO IT
>>
File: Lezard3.jpg (489KB, 800x1100px) Image search: [Google]
Lezard3.jpg
489KB, 800x1100px
>>857514
I've already got an outline going. I'm really just looking for character/setting images right now. It's going to be set twenty years before the current series, because rehashing sucks cock and I love fucking with timelines.

Pic related is my conniving nigger Ozpin.
>>
>>857472
MC in my quest actually has ranks in Craft: Glassware and Profession: Glassblower.
>>
>>857472
>need an extra voter in chargen to get through it.
ooooooor you could just NOT have char gen?
>>
Man I am really hyped to run Lost Island this Friday at 7 pm, pacific coast time!
>>
XCOM Quest is live:
>>855282
>>
I wanted to check out Anonkun I've never been but I'm curious. Anyone got any reccomendations or know which stories are popular?
>>
>>857841
that too

>>858211
unless you do a full blown smut quest, it will die with almost no interest.

Like, they would rather follow and vote in a gay rape quest than a non smut actually good quest.
>>
>>858288
Nono not gonna QM, just want to read stuff if it's quality or worthwhile
>>
>>856599
> hurr hurr le ebin cave paintings maymays
>>
>>858211
Servants of the Magiocracy and World of Lewdness.
>>
>>858316
That first one tasteful futa? I'm not into that but how is it done tastefully?
>>
>>858211
Celtic Quest is quite popular and pretty good, and I won't miss the opportunity to shill Invincible Swordsman Quest. There's also The Sanctuary by alto, which I like and Legacy of Serenity: Imperial Magical Girl Quest which is quite interesting. Kant is running a new quest as well, called Wyrm's Awakening, which is bound to be popular. Lastly, feel free to check out my own stuff, if you want.
>>
>>858328
It's tasteful, I have no idea through what witchcraft the QM did it, but they managed it.

Something about not making THE DICK the focus of the story.
>>
>>858328
I remember a doujin about the life and times of a group of futa girls.
It was risqué, but the focus of the story was on interpersonal relationships and how they dealt with their situations. Plus personal stuff that had nothing to do with being futas.

If you've seen that edit of a doujin where a short tan girl goes:
"Do you like me, /tg/? Do you like my penis too?"
And the guy shouts
"Yes, i love you and your penis"
Or something, i am paraphrasing.
That's the one.

It isn't porn, but it isn't SFW either.
I'd say that is tasteful futa, and that particular moment is as ridiculous as it is heartwarming
>>
>>858328
Anon it's nice, there's been a bit of innuendo lately but that's because of the arc we're in.

It shot up into my favourites from the first post, and it has roughly one update every two days.

While we're on the subject of tasteful futa quests, Start Over Quest also moved to anonkun, and it has an actual proper banner now!
>>
>>858402
I'll check it out, I won't knock it until I try it. I'm just not into futa like at all. I am into mecha I tabbed a bunch of gundam quests and that one eva one. Also are their any good pokemon ones?
>>
>>858407
Um...

How sexual do you want it?
>>
>>858424
No people on pokemon that's just wrong
>>
>>858436
...Okay, that's um, one, maybe two down.
>>
>>858436
http://anonkun.com/stories/pokemon-quest/JP7cfkdAYecMegw9p/home
>>
>>858452
Names?
>>858468
Thanks
>>
Alchemical Blade Quest will be running in two and a half hours from now!
>>
>>853697
That die doesn't have nearly enough 1s
>>
File: Potential costume 1.png (303KB, 754x1191px) Image search: [Google]
Potential costume 1.png
303KB, 754x1191px
>>858211
Well if you like Marvel and Symbiotes

Is live right now. Even if you don't participate in the current session its pretty long with 44k+ words
>>
File: Hei3.jpg (104KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
Hei3.jpg
104KB, 600x800px
On the subject of starting a quest, what would be the best source of character art? Is Pixiv my best bet?
>>
>>859013
Depends

Adding a descriptor before the word character art, concept art, or portrait into google images usually works
>>
>>859013
If you're going for anime, start with Danbooru and Gelbooru because they're easier to sift through for specific things.

Use Pixiv afterwards if you're looking for more art of a specific character, especially if they're not very popular. Hope you like copypasting moon runes.
>>
>>859013
You can also try deviantart and pinterest if you don't want anime pictures.
>>
File: blastoise.jpg (1MB, 867x1227px) Image search: [Google]
blastoise.jpg
1MB, 867x1227px
Alchemical Blade Quest is now up and running an hour late as per usual! Do you enjoy cyberpunk, magic in said cyberpunk, espionage, conspiracies, and high octane action of slicing tanks apart with sharp pointy objects? Then you make like it!

>>859109

Know about Exalted? Then you may tangentially enjoy this as it's set within the Modern version of it!
>>
Wow, it's crazy how things run away from you.

At the beginning my quest was just a story. Now it's a story about stories and I'm playing with all sorts of formats.

I've even grown themes as I went. This shit is unreal to me. I guess that's what happens when you huff your own farts.
>>
Any good Harry Potter quests to recommend, or especially funny ones like Dorf Quest was way back when?
>>
Obligatory 'I miss Crusty - RIP' post.

I still find myself checking hist twitter every so often despite having already given up hope
>>
>>859346
Did he finally kick the bucket?
>>
>>859431
>>859431
>>859431

I would just like to point out that this is still, technically, a Halloween special.
>>
>>859382
No official word from what Ive heard but no contact in so long has pretty much killed my hope
>>
>>858365
Got a name?
>>
>>836283
Depends on what the QM can handle. I'd say most of them shouldn't let players design the character however the fuck they want, though. There should be a base to work off of, or a small number of fairly tight choices.

As for character progression? Same deal. When development is really open-ended, players tend to get really meandering and shitty with their choices and games break down as they bitch at each other.

>Why do you always shitpost during character creation?
When a QM makes a quest, there is an implication that they are the authority figure of that quest. People on 4chan, being teenaged asshats generally, have an instinctive urge to test the limits and fuck around in order to test the waters.

They're not invested yet, the QM has gained no loyalty, and the players are already trying to push the limits of what they can get away with, essentially.

Anyway, I came here with a question of my own. I haven't seen Crusty Jones in a long, long time. Is he actually dead, or is that just a joke that's floating around? Does anyone have some legit confirmation on this?
>>
>>860643
No confirmation, but for many months before he stopped running there were numerous hospitalizations on his end, and he painted a very bleak picture as to how his health seemed to be deteriorating.

I'd say that even if he is okay, questing might not be a possibility anymore.
>>
>>860123
Sorry, no. But if you ask for the edit in a /tg/ filename thread you should be able to reverse search it.
In that edit the character names were changed to /tg/ for the guy, and /d/ for the futa girl.
sorry i can't help you more, anon
>>
As a player, how would you play a quest where if when wildly different suggestions get an equal vote the QM goes with a damaging middle ground that leaves both potential choices unsatisfied and the MC in a worse position than they would've been had they chosen one or the other?
>>
>>860828
Middle ground writeins from the start
>>
>>860828
>how would you play
I don't understand. You usually only realize that the QM does this AFTER the fact.
>>
>>860828
Would roll with it until i inevitably get bored and drop the quest.
If it becomes an habitual thing, i mean
>>
File: Marauder.jpg (294KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
Marauder.jpg
294KB, 600x800px
Starship Idols is alive and well.

>>861339
>>
File: sup_ta_by_mfbot.png (567KB, 900x540px) Image search: [Google]
sup_ta_by_mfbot.png
567KB, 900x540px
>>859109

Alchemical Blade Quest is back up and running!
>>
File: RCO023_1468635606.jpg (1MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
RCO023_1468635606.jpg
1MB, 1988x3056px

Live and half dead
>>
>>856694

How EDGY and GRIM is it going to be?

>>856694
Personally, I would say that Cinder is worse with her "I'm DARK AND MYSTERIOUS AND EVIL" schtick all the time, but Blake really takes the cake.
>>
File: Caim5.jpg (574KB, 1200x881px) Image search: [Google]
Caim5.jpg
574KB, 1200x881px
>>861995
I'm hard pressed to differentiate between the context dependent nature of EDGE and SUFFERING, but it would hopefully fall into the latter category. The life of a Huntsman/Huntress has been described as unequivocally dangerous, and so I would make it my mission to explore any and all facets of such a dangerous and ultimately tragic profession.

It makes it easier that I intend to set it twenty or so years before the main series, after the infamous FRR. Racial divides, ideological differences, rampant crime and social unrest, the birth of the White Fang, etc. Most of the reasons why the world is so currently fucked in the main series will be explored in-depth.

It won't be a lighthearted tale. I intend to make it as realistic as seemingly possible in a pseudo-anime setting, but again, there will be a lot of dark points. Especially seeing that I've been posting potential character art.
>>
File: nu5RvaZ.png (265KB, 950x1000px) Image search: [Google]
nu5RvaZ.png
265KB, 950x1000px
>>862189
Ah, cool. I'll be looking forward to it.

I'm also working on a prequel RWBY Quest. Set a few decades after THE GREAT WAR. It's going to be a bit more grounded in terms of combat. Less flying around like in the newer Vol 4's animation.
>>
File: Feels Corrin F.png (347KB, 398x470px) Image search: [Google]
Feels Corrin F.png
347KB, 398x470px
>tfw No one on this board would be interested in a DILF hunt quest
>>
>>862805
Now why would you lie
>>
>>862805
Honestly, harem collection as a woman who wants a lot of dicks actually sounds pretty hot.
>>
>>862811
Well, from what I've seen, female MCs are usually targeted to be lesbo.
>>
>>862866
A majority of players and QMs have shittaste, who knew?
>>
>>862830
If I do it, should I have a balance of DILFs and young guys?
>>
I MGNQ still a thing? I remember reading it a couple years ago and kinda enjoying it, but then dropping it when I realized it was fucking miserable to try following that shit live.
>>
>>862918

I mean just for player interest I think having one archetype is going to get grating. Plus if you're an author that is paranoid about same voicing their characters (so for example: every author) then having ten DADDY's will be hard to make them sound different to an audience.

People who do female harems generally don't have to worry if they associate some "fuckable" trait and distinct character art because most of this board is straight men who give a shit about tig ol' bitties or a tsundere or one of those girls that doesn't talk at all.

But we're probably going to view most older men as filling the same niche, even if you make one brunette and another blonde.

So it really depends on how big this dilf harem is going to be + how competent you think you can emphasize the distinct difference between MC's harem members
>>
>>862866
Which is why sexual orientation should be decided by the GM, not the players.

>>862998
>I MGNQ still a thing? I remember reading it a couple years ago and kinda enjoying it, but then dropping it when I realized it was fucking miserable to try following that shit live.
Occasionally, yes.
>>
>>>/tg/50375536
I'm running a quest. Come and take a look...
>>
>>863962
wut
>>
I'm not seeing a lot of interesting opening posts in the catalog. I mean, there's a number of cool ideas, but nothing that really pulls me in.
I guess people don't follow the whole first post "hook" thing as religiously as they imply when giving out that piece of advice.
>>
>>864010
It's likely that the people posting the advice are not the ones actually writing the quests. Most quests on here seem pretty haphazard and improvised. Everything needs some planning, and the most important thing to consider is what the appeal is supposed to be.
>>
>>864014
Good point. I just wish there wasn't so much misleading information going around. Makes it hard to figure out what to run and how to run it.
>>
File: 19-nineteen.jpg (2MB, 1517x2011px) Image search: [Google]
19-nineteen.jpg
2MB, 1517x2011px
anyone would like to join my quest hosted on twitter?

https://twitter.com/ro3clothing
>>
Have a good thanksgiving you fucks
>>
Happy Thanksgiving everybody!
>>
Happy nonstop Indian genocide after their society already had a viral apocalypse day!
>>
>>856469

I am awake again.

Our most recent turn involved animals attacking the domestication attempts, a teenager being found with a little bit of nature magic ability, and diplo with dwarfs not succeeding.
>>
Starship Idols is live and well.

>>864467
>>
>>864321
You're quite welcome. ;)
>>
>>864321
Happy retarded liberal virtue signaling day!
>>
>>864827
>liberals
>virtues
fucking HAH
>>
File: DECHINOTE.jpg (152KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
DECHINOTE.jpg
152KB, 700x700px
Shipgirl Commander is up

>>865063
>>
>>859109

Next session of Alchemical Blade Quest is now live! Swing on by and bring some turkey!

No please bring some I'm hungry as hell
>>
File: pirate.jpg (461KB, 1920x1270px) Image search: [Google]
pirate.jpg
461KB, 1920x1270px
There any quests about being a pirate?
>>
>>865259
Dont think so
>>
>>865259
spacepirates, skypirates, but not a whole lot of seapirates
>>
Alright two things.

1. For some reason my family is celebrating Thanksgiving twice. So I need to push back the return of Lost Island to Saturday the 26th instead of tomorrow. Hopefully this will be the last delay.

2. Thanksgiving was introduced by Lincoln after the Civil War ended. It has less to do with Native Americans and more to do with mending the county after that bloody bloody war.

That is all!
>>
>>865699
Racist
>>
>>865766
Ehh.

I'm a racist in the good way though.

For example, I took a nap after Thanksgiving dinner and in it I seduced this cutie black girl and now I have what they call "jungle fever".
>>
>>865259
I requested exactly that earlier in the thread and got nothing. Sucks, because there's no way I could cram any pirates into my own quest to satisfy the itch, not without it being terrible and out of place anyway.

I'm not even asking for much, they just have to be pirates with sails and not vikings. That's all. They don't even have to be Caribbean! European, Arab, East Asian, it's all good! Fuck, I'll even take pirates in a fantasy world!

Also if the quest could be good that'd be ideal.
>>
File: POTC1TakeaWalkConcept.jpg (295KB, 1102x571px) Image search: [Google]
POTC1TakeaWalkConcept.jpg
295KB, 1102x571px
>>865818
I got a couple of ideas but what do you think a Pirate quest should not be without?
>>
>>865851
Well there's all the obvious things like the sense of adventure, boarding action, and so on, but let's mention some of the small things that, to me at least, are important for the feeling of pirates.

Bling - Pirates love collecting shit that looks fancy to them, but is actually just haphazard pile of ill-fitting rags to anyone of high standing. Hats, accessories, all the good shit. Snatch it, put it on, maybe wash it if the blood stains are too much. But probably not.

Superstition and magic - Not necessarily in the sense of magic that is real but definitely in the sense that a large portion of characters genuinely believe in supernatural beings and happily spread ever-escalating stories of them among each other.

Booty - Both kinds. For obvious reasons. Not necessarily explicitly (in fact I'd prefer not) but definitely present in the motivations of the characters. Some of them may see it as a means, others as an end (geddit?) but it's always central.

Jargon - This one is a lot of work for the QM, I know, but it's probably the most important of them all. Fill the air with nautical terms and crude lingo and you really start feeling the theme!

That's it for now, since it's early morning and almost time for work. Actual setting could go either way, you could go dark or bright, fantasy or real, but if you've got those things you're probably doing some good pirating.
>>
>>865898
Fun fact: the Planescape lingo is actually based on 18th century Pacific pirate jargon and lingo.
>>
>>855358

Part 2.

HECATE

Anyone remember that Quest in the good ol' days of /tg/? The one where the QMC met a redhead bandit waifu? After she died /tg/ inexplicably decided to white knight her so hard they went back in time to save her at the end of the Quest or something equally stupid like that?

Hecate is a terrible character and it's a good thing she dies early on. She's terrible because she utterly breaks all the rules of the setting and no reason is ever given for the contradictions. Everything about her backstory is completely and utterly nonsensical and actually makes LESS sense as it goes along.

We're first introduced to Hecate at the end of the very first episode, where she's spying on "you". When "you" actually meet her, /tg/ goes all spergy and starts trying to hit on her with the spergiest, cringiest lines ever. This inexplicably WORKS and they start dating, building all the way up to the bloodbath in Episode 19 where Joker Quest ACTUALLY starts.

Hecate's "thing" is that she's a runaway from the SMILERS who stole the MacGuffin called the NIHL SPHERE from the faction leader. After that, she's used the MacGuffin's incredible reality-altering powers to do nothing basically. What we know about her is that she has no armor and is physically incapable of defending herself, yet she can interact with the real world like it isn't really a problem.

How? Why? What is she doing? How did she even get this far? The villains of the setting are ruthlessly pragmatic, constantly planning to fuck each other over and are all powerhouses. Even the worst-characterized villain(ess) has an incredibly complicated master plan but at least it's a PLAN. Hecate apparently decides to run off and be a hedonist(?) despite having some never-quite-stated leverage over the others. Then she meets "you" and decides to chuck it all in to be your waifu over the course of a few chapters.

If that isn't bad enough, she doesn't even die for good. "You" eventually find out that she's always been in a kind of suspended animation and there might be a chance to wake her, which is inconsistent because everyone "you" have killed dies immediately afterward. That plot thread seems to have completely vanished because /tg/ never acted on it, but whatever.

Worse, this goes against the "death is for keeps" theme of the Quest. The whole main struggle of Joker Quest is that one man, just ONE MAN, decides to move heaven and earth to gets his daughter back and all he creates is an incredible unholy clusterfuck. The HYADES are willing to do horrible things (sort of the equivalent of a Ponzi scheme with mass-murdering) just to get a kind of half-life. Mio's mother(!) plans to possess her own daughter for a second chance at life because she's a selfish, evil bitch.

GeneSmith, I get you. I get you totally. Hecate is awful because her mere presence actively makes the Quest make less sense. The way /tg/ confuses pandering for "chemistry" doesn't help things at all.
>>
>>866133

Add to that, she's a completely terrible person. It seems to fly completely overhead, but "you" are told several times that a lot of technology used by the Smilers was personally created by her. What, she couldn't take any of it with her? A radio that lets you detect sneak attacks would have been REAL FUCKING USEFUL after all.

KAZUYA

I lied when I said I was only talking about waifus. You know how every Visual Novel has a "best friend" character? The sort of non-threatening male guy who is there so that it doesn't seem as if the MC is the only male character in existence and it's him or the highway?

Everyone will laugh and throw fedoras at me if I use the word "deconstruction" or "subversion" but I'll use "subversion" anyway. Kazuya has one of the longest-running, most complex plots in Joker Quest and like the wait for the Quest to actually get started and the bloody denouncement that kicks the final arc into gear, it's worth the wait.

Kazuya is "your" best friend. He's sort of an earnestly hopeless hanger-on with a kind of hopeless crush on Natsumi and a very early fake-out implies that he's CHROME CYPHER (who is actually Natsumi). He has no powers and usually provides exposition and a kind of commentary about how everything is gradually going TO SHIT, mannnn.

But behind all this is one of the cleverest subtle character arcs that run over the course of more than one hundred episodes. Early on, we find out that Kazuya is working, actively and earnest working hard at a part-time job because he wants to treat Natsumi right. Later, Kazuya draws even (when fighting with wooden swords) against Bishamon, who is THE best sword-fighting-mans of the whole Quest. Yet another subplot is a play that gets referenced again and again about two hunters who find something they really shouldn't have. The one "you" are acting as goes mad with power, while Kazuya's character ends up saving the day. If that isn't a metaphor, I don't know what is.

Through a series of events too complicated to describe here, "you" get a suit of armor (All compressed and compacted, I assume) grafted to "your" arm. You can't use it, you're holding it for someone more worthy. Right after the big meltdown that triggers the Quest's Armageddon, with man-eating monsters running around everywhere and the entire supporting cast being killed off, a badly mutated Joker finds Kazuya somewhere amid the rubble. Kazuya has killed a monster, a no-shit gribbly monster, with a prop sword(!) and he did it while mounting a last-ditch, desperate defense of his classmates which is more than "you" ever did for him.

Then this super-armor jumps to Kazuya and empowers him. It makes him a glowing golden hero with a bitchin' cape and one of the most characterful powers in the entire Quest, then he ends up fighting back-to-back with "you" all the way to the end.
>>
>>866134

This is a great dynamic, because it flips everything on its head with the world-weary Joker having a "younger" (more on that later) foil to back him up.

The best part is that Kazuya takes no shit from anyone, ever. He doesn't hesitate to point out "your" incredible dickishness at several points in the Quest and he's the ONLY character to argue against things from a moral standpoint.

Kazuya's great. Period. Which takes us to

JOKER

Hands-down, the most interesting character in Joker Quest is "You".

JQOP posted on his Twitter the only illustration for "You", probably the only one that's not a paperdoll from a Visual Novel or an anime screengrab. In it "you" are a faceless hooded figure with broken nails crawling over a post-apocalyptic landscape which is a perfect metaphor (pottery) for the direction the Quest eventually takes.

For the first and worst parts of the Quest "you" are very, very /tg/. You know, the kind of snarky MC that /tg/ always plays. The one who unironically says things like SUCH DEFIANCE because we can never forget that.

Why are we still here? Just to suffer.

"You" are the bestest at everything ever. "You" can charm any waifu, "your" friends hang on your ever word and you have the specialiest and bestest armor ever with rocket launchers and black hole launchers and cunt destroyers. "You" can't be mind-controlled for no apparent reason. "You" give no fucks about anything because "you're" the best. Just the best. How can you do all this? Because.

I started to get the inkling that something wasn't right with "you" when we see your apartment. It's exactly the kind of neurotic "folding shirts sleeve to sleeve" insanity that sets the tone for what comes next. "You" (regularly) visit an alley in the shittiest part of an already-shitty city, to engage in onesided but completely earnest with a brick wall that go along the lines of "Hey, you remember when I murdered you and stole your identity? Good times. Good times."

"You" keep the dagger "you" used to murder "your" predecessor and it's the most precious thing you own. "You" keep it with you. Always.

Then there are the vignettes. "You" have dreams of the Bad Times, the times before the Quest even started. They are all about wandering some kind of blasted hellscape and witnessing increasingly horrible sights, entirely without context.

There's a big reveal in "JIN-ROH: THE WOLF BRIGADE" where the main character reveals that he's nothing like what you think he is. This reveal is so game-changing, the events of the entire movie have a different light. Joker Quest doesn't quite accomplish this but it's close.
>>
>>866137

"You" are at least a hundred years old.

In a nutshell, "you" spent a ton of time trying to escape from a place that is basically hell. "You" made it but not without doing (and becoming) terrible things. This is great because it explains all the "main character-itis" Joker displays in one blanket moment. "You" are great at fighting and terrible with women because you spent several lifetimes doing the former and having nothing at all to do with the latter. It justifies the oddities of the character, with one more implication.

/tg/ is not playing as "you" at all, they're playing the Red Joker. Every time someone tries to read "your" mind or predict your actions, they read the contents of the thread. Spoilering text and giving false instructions messes with those attempts. It's a gimmick, but it's an interesting one.

You are also a complete worm.

Joker Quest (in addition to dice as rolled) has complete narrative freedom. "You" can do anything "you" want, which means that "you" spend an excruciating number of chapters chasing tail. Remember Crusader and the hard railroad? Princess Guard and the choo-plot choo? This means that "you" end up taking the kind of gleefully sociopathic actions /tg/ does when there are no brakes. Highlights include the aforementioned scumminess with Mio and Cybele, goading Rust Kaiser into killing his own sister, flat-out gutting a Hyades with a sword, making deals with a literal Cenobite and other things that would take too long to describe.

There is a recurring character whose quest for revenge becomes a long running joke with a very dark punchline because Joker doesn't give two runny shits who he is. Then he dies because HA HA. The joke is that he's "Oh yeah I did it, I GOT him" and then "you" stab him to death almost in passing and use his body as a decoy. This made me giggle like a schoolgirl.

Remember what I said about cheap thrills? This is one of the appeals of Joker Quest, the amount of amoral or outright cruel things you can do. This wouldn't fly anywhere else. The highlight is that the QM just goes along with whatever /tg/ does. Every weird, excessively violent or callous action is given gravitas until it comes back to fuck you up.

Except the parts where "you" try to be funny. Those are just the worst.

I don't know whether there'd be a third part to this review. But a solid 7 to 7.5/10 sounds good to be. Bump it up to an 8 or 8.5 if you like the setting (and you either really like this genre or you don't) or bump it down to 6.5 if you don't. Joker Quest does very few things like other Quests in /tg/'s heyday, but it kept going until it made a kind of sense of it's own. Worth a read, but mind the occasional cringe and player idiocy.
>>
>>866140
This is truly one of the great reviews, because it is so totally honest.

/tg/ is a jerk.
>>
File: 1378956486708.jpg (76KB, 1002x652px) Image search: [Google]
1378956486708.jpg
76KB, 1002x652px
>>866140
>>
>>866145

I haven't even got into how /tg/ lives with a deep and abiding fear of being cucked.
>>
>>866163
>wanting to be cucked
>>
>>866164
The problem is that /tg/ doesn't know the difference between being cuckolded and having a girl move on when they fail to get her.
>>
>>866170
When anons go after a girl in a quest, in their head shes already theres, quests are a medium where they aren't fat neckbeards who violently hate human contact, so when they fail even there they ree, don't act like its very surprising
>>
Just accidentally made a quest on /tg/, that's embarrassing....
>>
>>866133
>When "you" actually meet her, /tg/ goes all spergy and starts trying to hit on her with the spergiest, cringiest lines ever. This inexplicably WORKS
"Such Defiance" will always be one of my top three questing moments.
>>
New Quest about the abandoned doll in a fantasy realm. Currently doing some voting, Quest officially starts in half an hour.

>>866270

I already posted a tweet, if posting in here as well is too spammy, please let me know
>>
Any advice on running a detective quest?
>>
>>866328
Be really competent, but don't expect the same of your players.
>>
>QM decides that quest will have no waifus
you are the wrong
>>
Girls und Panzer: Cromwell State College quest is up!

>>866450
>>
>>866328
If it's not a quest about a hard-boiled detective looking for answers, then you're doing something wrong.
>>
Out of curiosity which if these ideas sound better to you guys

>An Ace Attorney quest that follows one of the main characters and their wacky shenanigans

>An Ace Attorney quest that follows an OC and their adventure eventually being picked up by Wright and Co. or Apollo and Co.

>Ace Attorney quest that has an OC but goes on it's own completely original story and just take place in the Ace Attorney universe
>>
>>866523
The third.
Except go further and file off the numbers altogether.
>>
>>866573
file off the numbers?
>>
>>866605
The serial numbers. They're saying to take out any references to actual characters or events in the franchise but keep the tropes to whatever extent you feel comfortable (or just write an original setting).

That way you avoid giving people the feeling of a barrier of entry to enjoying the material, or limiting yourself and your readers to following the established rules of an existing setting.
>>
>>866665
Ah okay, now I understand thank you
>>
File: cSST01d.gif (177KB, 716x535px) Image search: [Google]
cSST01d.gif
177KB, 716x535px
Starship Idols is alive and well.

>>866792
>>
I've been thinking of starting a quest set in Deathworld, a setting /tg/ came up with years ago, that hasn't ever had much development beyond setting.

If I were to, I would probably have the protagonist be a platoon grade officer of one of the three major countries, VATO, Nazi Germany, or the Soviet Union. Which would you guys prefer to play as?
>>
>>866818
What's Deathworld like?
>>
>>866920
The most comprehensive resource:
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Deathworld

To give a TL;DR, Nazi occult practices come to fruition, and they begin mixing occult demonology in with their battle tactics. Operation Barbarossa is never carried out, and they secure most of Europe. To compete, Soviet miracle-science propaganda comes true. The soviets invade the US from the west coast, the Nazis from the east. There's like a voodoo magic awakening starting in Louisiana and the Caribbean that spreads throughout the US. The US and its allies unify and are lead by an oligarchy of necromancers, as well as undead founding fathers.

I just think it's a neat old-/tg/ homebrew that never gets used and I'd like to explore it a little bit more.
>>
>>866818
VATO
>>
>>866940
>no one else has replied
To be expected, this thread is dead as fuck. Basically the next question is who would you rather fight, cyborg communists in the ever-burning battle for Vegas, or Nazis and their demon cohorts somewhere in either the midwest or west africa?
>>
File: both is good.gif (941KB, 398x223px) Image search: [Google]
both is good.gif
941KB, 398x223px
>>867116
>>
File: you're gonna get liberated.gif (53KB, 301x314px) Image search: [Google]
you're gonna get liberated.gif
53KB, 301x314px
Where Wolves Fear To Tread will be running in 45 minutes!
>>
File: deathworld map.png (91KB, 2550x1427px) Image search: [Google]
deathworld map.png
91KB, 2550x1427px
>>867126
Shit B, drop the thread link I'll join in.
>>867122
Both seems weird. It would be cool for story purposes, but there isn't really an area where all 3 factions are vying for at once.
>>
>>866818
>Anything but glorious comrade russian
>>
>>867156
Russian memes are really tedious because nobody invests any real effort in them. There's all sorts of Nazi and Marine stereotypes. 4chan only knows one Russian stereotype.
>>
>>867290
>Marine stereotypes

From what they said I don't think there'll be many asian whores to rape anon.
>>
>>867299
We gave them cigarettes so it was consensual
>>
>>867299
As a retired marine I take offense to that. Our ethics policies have been vastly updated since Vietnam. We only rape middle eastern whores now.

--

I guess it'll be set somewhere in central africa.
>>
File: panzer IV.jpg (86KB, 1200x812px) Image search: [Google]
panzer IV.jpg
86KB, 1200x812px
Where Wolves Fear To Tread is running right now!

>>867329
>>867329
>>867329
>>
File: SLC SWORDS.jpg (461KB, 1600x671px) Image search: [Google]
SLC SWORDS.jpg
461KB, 1600x671px
Sometime around 11 to 1130 pst The Raiders lesbian smut quest runs.
>>
>>867144

Here's the thread (>>867329)
>>
>>867526
>>867526
>>867526

Beleaguered Prince Quest is now running.
>>
Lost Island returns in 24 hours!
>>
Oh damn, muh thread fell off.

Not sure how long until next thread, might take a day or two off.

I have a twitter, but I retweet dumb shit on it all the time, so maybe it's better I don't use it for QMing. And no, I'm not gonna have two separate accounts, that's just a pain in the ass.
>>
>>869546
>two accounts
>a pain in the ass
Try nineteen... four twitters, five emails, three pastebin accounts, seven file dumps spread across three sites. That's not even the stuff for porn, or spam traps. Man, you got it easy.
Thankfully threads stay up so long player's would have to be blind to miss a new thread they're looking for.
>>
>>869546
Irc.
>>
>>869563
anon

anon why

>>869574
Never ever.

...Geez, I'm being awfully unreasonable this morning.
>>
>>869581
>why
Two for quests and one for art streams, last for personal stuff. Pastebins split between quest/job, file dumps for various reasons. It's a great balancing act, I highly recommend it. It's like being a new person every day!
Every day.
>>
>>869581
Nothing has changed except my opinions of you.
>>
>>869546
>>869581
And but at least announce in the QTG. Some of your players might like the advanced warning, I know I would. Even if you don't do a stringent schedule.
>>
>>869616
Okay, anon.

>>869604
It's a social anxiety thing. Gimme a break.
>>
>>869626
You're already on break.
>>
>>869546
It's not a big deal at all, just use tweetdeck to manage all your accounts under one.
>>
File: 1b56a041ecb36da384fbc95f91307ddb.jpg (620KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1b56a041ecb36da384fbc95f91307ddb.jpg
620KB, 768x1024px
The Raiders returns with newly mythic githyanki magus seeking answers and dealing with warriors and mysteries while trying to hide her newfound power. And seducing. Seducing is good.

>>869633
>>
Fuck it.

https://twitter.com/twinklecakings

There's the twitter. I'll announce runs there, as well as updates if it's been over 5 hours since the last one.

I mean, Larro posts off-topic things every now and then and he mostly seems to have figured his shit out. Maybe it's not so bad if my followers are exposed to one more twitter shitpost every other day.

I'll pin a tweet with the archive link and the pastebin.

The quest is called A Wizard and his Tower, for those who don't know what this is about. It's pretty good. You should go read it.
>>
>>869658
>retwitting Alex "THE HACK" Hirsch
wew lad
>>
>>870297
Those Marios were absolutely precious and you fucking know it.
>>
>>866140
>>866137
>>866134
>>866133
>>855358
Are you taking review requests?
>>
Zatch bell Quest starting
>>870451
>>
>>870464
New thread because this one will cease to exist soon
Thread posts: 521
Thread images: 115

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.