[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Opened Tomb

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

File: DesertSun.jpg (42KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
DesertSun.jpg
42KB, 400x300px
Redirected
>>>50192057
>>
>>813764
it's okay anon I gotchuu
0, by the way.
>>
>Use your hands and rub the emblem that is on the golden box.

Let's hope that there isn't an ancient vampire wanting sustainance from us.
>>
>>>/tg/50192057
>>
>>813764
>>
>>813797
Is anyone here? I bumped for longevity and to push but if the thread is dead I'll just retire early.
>>
>>813798
I'm here. Don't know about the others, though.
>>
File: Mirror.jpg (33KB, 300x326px) Image search: [Google]
Mirror.jpg
33KB, 300x326px
>>813805

STR - 1
DEX - 3
FORT - 0
KNO - 2
WILL - 1

Refreshed by the simple exersize, you contemplate the circumstances leading up to your new career. Sifting through your bag once more you retrieve your mirror and stare back at yourself. The scholars had said that you would be perfect for the job but now that the journey is nearing its end you realize that a large payment upfront in exchange for "no questions asked" may have been a mistake.

Who are you? What do you look like? What is your history?
>>
>>813810
Our name is Friedrich of Alstovia. We are a thin, wiry man with a pencil-thin mustache and short dark hair. We wanted to become a legendary thief, going so far as to create an alter ego for ourselves, but our first job went wrong and we had to get the hell out of Dodge.
>>
File: DesertTower.png (456KB, 1024x573px) Image search: [Google]
DesertTower.png
456KB, 1024x573px
>>813819

A shout comes from outside the wagon. A sound of excited shuffling and cheers erupt as your group members bring the commotion to a crescendo. Peeking your head from the wagon you see the small caravan pulled animals native to the desert setting their track towards a lone tower in the distance. Despite the distance to go, it seems that there will be enough daylight to reach the structure by sundown.

>Greet fortunes on all of us! Haha! We are almost there lads, we will set up base camp at the foot of the building.

The leader of the scholars and your employer, Jhon Brulhust, continues his celebration as the researchers and book worms chatter about archaeology or something.

Kip, a large brooding man with a hefty under-bite and sweat drenched brow, comes trudging to the front of the wagon with the reins to the beast pulling your wagon in hand.

>It's hot and I'm tired of pulling this beast and its horrid stench around for you. Why don't you make yourself useful and take the reins while I rest for a bit.
>>
>>813838
>"Er... alright. If you're sure."
Take reins.
>>
File: Desert.jpg (721KB, 3553x1987px) Image search: [Google]
Desert.jpg
721KB, 3553x1987px
>>813844
He heaves himself up onto the wagon and begins to crack into a hidden flask of booze before disappearing behind the wagon's flaps. Immediately after leaving the cooling confines of the wagon you are struck with a wall of foul air emanating from the beast of burden.

It is a bovine-like creature with broad shoulders and long horns that have been capped off with bronze safety caps. Running along its spine and ribs are polished, bony plates that reflect the sun off of the beast. A bulging throat full of stored water sits at the base of its neck and occasionally gives off a throaty slosh.

As the line of wagons march forward, a hunched and disheveled man with mud smeared in tribal patterns across his face shimmies up to your side. You recall his name as Vullo.

>Don't mind him, he may look nasty but he just hates the heat. What do you think awaits us at the tower? I'm hoping whatever it is it is worth our time. The gold is nice but I don't appreciate wasting my time on fameless ventures.
>>
>>813874
>"Probably just some dusty relics, I expect. I wouldn't criticize free money too harshly. You wouldn't happen to be a mage of some description, would you?"
>>
>>813879
He chuckles softly under his breath.

>What gave it away?
>>
>>813885
>"I've dealt with a few sorcerers in my time. I know how to recognize one."
>>
>>813888

>Well, as long as nothing goes wrong I suppose it doesn't matter. What about you? You don't seem to be a holy man or a mage so I'll go as far to guess that you're a soldier of fortune. If that's true you may want to be careful out here, the legends of this area don't take kindly to such folks.
>>
>>813902
>"Me? I'm just an honest man trying to make my way in the world. Looked like a fair, good job, so I took it. As simple as that."
Slowly adopt equivalent of thick southern accent, hope he doesn't notice.
>>
File: DesertCampfire.jpg (32KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
DesertCampfire.jpg
32KB, 600x400px
>>813906
He chuckles and pats you on the back.

>You'll fit in just fine then. Just keep your honest roots about and that should be enough to keep superstition on your side.

The caravan rolls along uneventfully for a little while longer. With each turn of the wheel it seems as though the sun is sinking further into the horizon. Eventually the tower in the distance crawls close enough that its shadow is cast over your path in the setting light.

An ominous sense runs through you as though standing within tower's shadow has brought its gaze at you. No one else seems to mind.

A camp is set up as the wagons form a semi-circle around a large stone door that seems to be sealing off the interior of the structure from the wastes around you. The scholars and hired hands begin dredging tables and tents from within some of the other wagons. Within the hour camp is set up and a fire is built illuminating the lonely night. Jhon comes to the center of attention as he calls out for the scholars to gather and investigate the door and walls of the stone structure. From this distance you can tell that the building is made of finely laid red stone. The rough, gritty texture of the stone is contrasted by the smooth and dusty marble doors that the scholars crowd around.

A ring of empty seats around the fire are broken up by Vullo warming his hands by the flames. Behind you is your wagon where Kip is sitting peeling an apple with a stone knife.
>>
>>813924
Open pack, remove and eat rations.
It's been fun, but it's 1:15 here and I should probably get some sleep. If the thread's still up in the morning, I'll post some more.
>>
>>813931
Cool, I'm probably heading to bed too then, it doesn't see like anyone is lurking. Sorry we didn't get to anything interesting yet. Rate your experience?
>>
>>813934
7/10 at present, probably 8.5/10 with more people
>>
>>813938
I'll take it. Night
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.