[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

16th MS Team Quest - 4

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 7

File: maxresdefault.jpg (53KB, 1200x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
53KB, 1200x720px
Pastebin of everything so far:http://pastebin.com/JVpgbsWf
Twitter, so you can stay up to date if you wish: @16th_MSTeam

Last time:

“Yes, this is it. I’m its leader. What’s going on?” You ask.

The man salutes as you stand up, returning a lazy salute.

“Sir, the Colonel wants you and your team to report to a special briefing once the mobile suits are back to full working order.” He states.

You look back at your team and ask this messenger a question. “I don’t think one of my teammates will be ready in time with the mobile suits.”

“Err, yes, well, the Colonel says that if you wish to go on without him, you may pick a new, temporary member. I’m sure the other teams have backups, or at least, trained members in reserve. Your team is new, so there are no reserves in place yet I’m afraid.” The messenger responds.

You don’t like that idea at all. Dmitri has proven to be a solid and dependable team member in your short time here. At the same time, you are curious as to what the Colonel has up his sleeve that he would hold a special briefing, and if you were the only team invited…

All you do know, is that in just over a week at this base, you have encountered two things: You don’t get to sleep or finish a meal that often.

--------------------

>Attend the briefing with just Bela and yourself
>Ask another team for a temporary replacement for Dmitri
>Ask someone else to fill in for Dmitri (your choice)
>>
Welcome back
>>800964
>>
>>800964
Get the specifics first, then we can try to pick a temp replacement for Dimitri tailored for whatever mission we end up with.
>>
>>800964
>>Attend the briefing with just Bela and yourself
>>
You pull your gaze back to the messenger, who looks eager to hear your response.

“My remaining team member and I will attend the mission briefing; if it suits us we will pursue further replacement.” You state.

The messenger nods his head and says that he will relay this information to the Colonel and that you are expected at the HQ tomorrow morning. The messenger proceeds to swiftly speed-walk away, clearly having other business to attend to. You sit back down at the table with Bela and Hilda and before you can open your mouth Bela starts.

“I wonder what the Colonel wants with this ‘special briefing’. D’you think we’re the only ones he asked, boss?”

You scratch your chin as you ponder the idea loosely. “I don’t think so Bela. You’ve been here nearly a month, I’ve been here just over a week. There are plenty of good teams stationed here.”

Bela spins a fork in her fingers as she nods; content with the answer.

You turn to Hilda, who has been enthusiastically eating her food with one hand, delicately holding a lit cigarette in the other.

“I’m curious myself.” She states. “I’ve not been here long, but the way the army does things is not new to me.”

You look down at your food and begin eating; determined to get a full meal before something else interrupts you. You wonder how Dmitri will take the idea of being replaced while he is recovering from his injuries; not well, you gather.

You spend the rest of the evening in the hangar with Noah, Hilda and Bela. You talk about the mission, things in general. As the rain begins to plink off the hangar roof, everyone bids goodnight. As you walk into the back room you see Hilda sprinting across the roadway to her hangar, trying to beat the rain.

~~~

As the morning comes, you are quick to rise. You spy that Bela is still asleep, as is Dmitri. You gaze down at your watch blearily, seeing the hands resting momentarily at 6:51.

----------------------------------

>Get Bela and start moving to the HQ
>Get Bela and go get breakfast
>Head out by yourself
>Wait for Bela to wake up while you wait in the hangar
>>
>>801086
Get Bela, and go get breakfast
>>
>>801086
>Get Bela and go get breakfast
>>
>>801086
>>Get Bela and go get breakfast
>>
File: 08mst-v1c_1024.jpg (280KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
08mst-v1c_1024.jpg
280KB, 1024x768px
You stretch your arms as you rise from the cot, walking slowly to a prone Bela.

You tap her on the shoulder and say her name.

No response.

You try again, this time giving her a quick shove.

“Yeah, ewhat? Eh?” She mumbles, slowly pushing herself up from the pillow.

“Let’s get moving. We’ll grab chow on the way.” You reply.

You leave the room and wait for Bela to appear. Soon, she pushes the door open, dragging her feet as her boots sit loosely undone on her feet.

“Okay, let’s go.” She grumbles.

You both approach the personnel door, the main hangar doors having been closed during the night. As you open the rusty-red coloured door you are greeted by the sound of rain. Looking back at Bela, her unimpressed look tells all. You motion to move out the door with a nod of your head and she reluctantly trudges out into the rain.

While it is not pouring, it is more than enough to soak through the field jackets and caps that you both grabbed on the way out.

“This better be good…” You can hear Bela mutter.

You stifle a laugh as you approach the canopy covered mess hall window. After getting some meager re-hydrated eggs, burnt toast and what you think is a kind of bacon, you hurriedly walk to the HQ that is fortunately close by, all the while shielding your precious breakfast from the rain. You both enter the foyer and shake off the wetness before proceeding inside the main office, where a secretary points you to a meeting room adjacent to the waiting room and main desk. Inside you can see a few other pilots and officers. As you both sit down in the back row, you watch the hungry eyes of regret follow you to your chairs as the other personnel in the room stare at your warm breakfast. It takes a few moments for the colonel to appear and you and Bela take the opportunity to chow down.

“Now, I appreciate y’all getting here so bright an’ early this mornin’. I know some of ya are on R&R so getting’ up this early is a mighty tall task.” The Colonel laughs.

“I guess we better get started.” He begins. “I’ve call all of ya here today to see what the likes of you guys and gals, my number ones, feel about taking on a… special assignment.”

The crowd beings to mumble and talk amongst each other before the Colonel waves a hand to quiet everyone down.

“Now, y’all know me. I’m not a man to beat ‘round the bush like some, so here it is. High command says that there is some Zeek pilot out there who is causin’ a whole heck of a lot of trouble for us in this theatre. Killin’ some of our best pilots even. Any of you folks heard anythin’ ‘bout this?” He asks.

----------------

>Say nothing
>Whisper to Bela
>Reply that you know who he is talking about
>>
>>801236
>Reply that you know who he is talking about
Damn Zeeks rescued her, we pursued but she still got away
>>
>>801236
>>Reply that you know who he is talking about
>>
You raise your hand in the small room, causing the rest of the puzzled faces to turn towards you.

“Well now! Speak up, soldier.” The Colonel asks eagerly.

As you lower you hand back down you present the information.

“I believe the pilot in question, Colonel, is a Zeon Ace by the name of Yustina Laviana.” You retort.

The colonel flashes a smile as he points at you. “Bingo.” He begins to detail all the information that they have on her, and you breathe easier that he didn’t ask how you knew who he was talking about.

“This pilot was trained in the Eurasian Zeek facilities. A lot of action going on up there with a lot of mobile suit combat. She’s good; real good. Our latest tally being 11 confirmed kills” he exclaims, his tone changing to be more serious.

“I’ve asked all of you here today because y’all are the best I got. If she was moved down here to Southern Asia, then there’s gotta be a damn good reason.” He adds. “I want her gone.”

The group mumbles and whispers as the news breaks among them. A pilot speaks out from the group.

“And what do you mean by that, sir?”

“Dead, soldier.” He replies. “She is a threat to every convoy, every observation post, messenger and forward operations base. I want her confirmed gone, done like dinner, ya’ hear?”

The group converses a little more before the colonel cuts them off.

“Anyone who volunteers will be granted full access to whatever I and the EFGF can provide in this theatre. You will likely be on extended maneuvers, far away from any kind of support for periods of time. It will be on you to get it done. You’ll be on the hunt. Total discretion.”

The mumbling loudens as the Colonel looks around the room intently.

“Well?”

-----------------------

>Volunteer 16th Team
>Ask for more details in private
>Say nothing and wait
>>
>>801348
>>Ask for more details in private
>>
>>801348
>>
>>801348
>>
The room fills with a low din of talking as everyone is conversing with their partners and teams. You look over at Bela, who sits stoney faced in her chair. You gaze down at your hands for a moment slowly clenching and unclenching your fists. You have a mixture of emotions running around in your head; chiefly those of your team’s safety versus going out and killing Yustina. Both are strong feelings as you toss the ideas back and forth, undecided on what comes first. You continue this mental combat as a hand comes to rest on your shoulder.

You turn to see Bela looking at you, face full with determination. Her feelings being represented by a sure and swift nod.

You nod back and stand up quickly, walking over to the Colonel as everyone files out of the meeting room.

You salute, making eye contact with the Colonel. “Sir, I would like more detail on the matter.”

The Colonels weather beaten face creases as a smirk appears. “Sure thing, son. Follow me.”

You and Bela follow the Colonel into his office where you both take a seat in front of his desk. As he heavily sets himself in his chair, he leans forward, putting both elbows on the desktop.

You inform him of the recent mission and the loss of your prisoner.

The Colonel listens intently until you are finished, to which he leans back in his chair.

“Damn shame…” he mutters. “Well son, can’t be helped. You did the right thing, and from those convoy boys can tell me, a damn fine job as well.”

You inform him of what Grigor told you, and all the evidence you can assume from the attacks.

“Crazy like a fox, is she? Well, if I’m honest, I wouldn’t want her out fer my blood, son.” He laughs.

You converse more about the mission and what exactly it would entail. In short, he wants a team to go and hunt down this pilot, wherever she may be. We would have all the support we could get as long as it was in range and doable, as well as complete freedom of movement, acquisition and supply to whatever base we came upon. Additionally, we would be free to assist any maneuver or action that you’d feel draw out Yustina. The downside is that we’d be operating on our own and basically trekking through the region from base to base, getting supplies before jumping back into hunt.

Colonel Stagler looks at you intently as he leans forward once again and asks “Well, whatdya think?”

------------------

>Accept the mission
>Decline the mission
>Request more time to think
>>
>>801450
>>Accept the mission
>>
>>801450
>Accept the mission
So like Char chasing his Trojan Horse huh, I still want Dmitri on our squad though
>>
You stand up and extend your hand over the Colonels desk.

“I- We accept.” You declare, a confirming nod from Bela accompanying the statement.

The Colonel laughs and slaps his hand into yours, shaking it vigorously.

“Excellent! Wonderful! I know you’ll get her, son. Leave as soon as you are ready. Get it done.” He states, giving you a firm salute as you exit the office.

You and Bela walk out of the HQ back into the rain. As you both walk back to the Hangar you familiarly step to one side as a hangar warning alarm sounds off. The giant door grinds open with lights flashing, warning everyone outside to step aside. You dig your hands into your pockets as you feel the first footstep of a mobile suit walking as it exits the hangar. One, two, three Ground Type GM’s exit the hangar, their grey and green paint scheme emblazoned with the 14th team markings. As the alarms quieted and the GM’s moved further away, the clear signal was given and traffic resumed as if nothing happened. You and Bela return to Hangar 16 to find Noah and his crew working on Dmitri’s mobile suit. You wave as you approach.

“Hey Boss, what’d the Colonel want?” Noah asks enthusiastically.

You fill him in on the mission and what it entails.

“I see…” he responds. He looks saddened at the details and hangs his head. He turns to look at the Ground Gundams and asks wistfully if he’ll get to ever work on them again.

You pat him on the shoulder. “We’ll be back once in a while, Noah. Don’t fret.”

This perks Noah up a little bit, but he still seems cautious as he returns to work.

You can see that Dmitri has finally awoken.

“Hey, Boss.” He grins. Shaking a cast covered arm in your direction. “What’s the news?”

You fill him in on the mission details that were given to you and your acceptance of the job.

Dmitri grins enthusiastically until he again looks at his casted arm, to which he looks panicked. “But what about me, Boss?! Doc said I won’t be back in action for at least 2 more weeks!”

You stroke your face as you try and think of the right choice of action as Hilda approaches from the personnel door. You wave as she approaches and asks what’s going on. Bela fills her in as you converse with Dmitri.

“We need a third member, Dmitri.” You simply state.

“You can’t wait for me?” He pleads.

“The Colonel wants us up and moving as soon as possible, Dmitri.” You retort.

You both stare down at the floor for a moment before Bela pipes in. “You could probably join up with us, Dmitri. We’ll be in the region, so we could relay our positions to you and pose a rendezvous.”

“Well… I guess…” Dmitri mumbles.

---------------------------------------

>Replace Dmitri with a reserve member of a different team
>Ask him who he wants to be replaced by
>Agree to leave without him and get him to meet up later
>>
>>801663
>>Ask him who he wants to be replaced by
>>
>>801663
>>
>>801663
Please tell him that we don't want to replace him and he is a vital part of our team
>>
File: Rgm-79g-sniper.jpg (30KB, 348x400px) Image search: [Google]
Rgm-79g-sniper.jpg
30KB, 348x400px
“We don’t want to have t replace you, Dmitri. You are vital to our team, but you are injured. You need to rest and get back into fighting shape. Who do you want to be replaced by? Temporarily, of course.” you ask. “The other teams have reserve members for just such an occasion. We don’t have any yet, but I think they should be coming soonish.”

Dmitri looks unimpressed at your excuse. “Well, if anyone has to replace us, I’d say… what’s her name.” He exclaims, waving a cast covered arm about in gesticulation.

You and Bela stare back blankly.

“You know! The blonde haired one! …” he falters. “You know who I mean.” He says seriously.

He sighs as he begins to outline who this person looks like.

“Okay. Blonde hair. Average height. Funny way of talking. Smokes a lot. Nice ti-“ he trails off. “You guys know who I mean!” he shouts.

As he was explaining the appearance of Hilda Agner, she had appeared from behind him and listened intently, stifling back laughter.

“Oh, I’ll take care of them, Dmitri.” Hilda whispers to Dmitri.

Dmitri jumps back, alarmed and embarrassed. He looks back at you and Bela and points at Hilda.

“If I’m gonna be replaced until I’m ready to go, it’ll be by her. We already know she’s good.”

You look at Hilda, who stands playfully with a hand on her hip.

“Sure, I’ll tag along for a couple weeks. I wanted the action and boy, it sure seems to follow you around… Boss.” She retorts with a wink.

Bela scowls at hearing her call you Boss. You laugh heartily.

Halting the storm that seems to be brewing, you invite everyone to sit down and hash out the details. Noah approaches and says that Unit 2, Dmitri’s gundam, will be operational by tomorrow, but not fully complete for a week.

--------------------------------------

>Ask Hilda to take the GM sniper
>Ask Hilda to take Unit 2
>Ask if Hilda has any suggestions
>>
>>801815
>Ask if Hilda has any suggestions
I don't want to pick for her she is a crack shot and the Gundam is a great machine but she might be attached to her GM
>>
>>801815
>>Ask if Hilda has any suggestions
>>
File: 1ggwg.jpg (301KB, 1600x848px)
1ggwg.jpg
301KB, 1600x848px
“Well, Captain Agner, you have some choice. You can either take the GM, or if we wait you can take Uni” you begin, but Hilda cuts you off.

“I’ll be taking the GM.” she responds.

“Are you sure? We will be highly mobile; bringing that beam sniper rifle with the cooling hoses might be too bulky.” You query.

“Not a problem, Boss. There is a regular Sniper rifle for this baby. A little less powerful, but much more mobile.” She retorts.

You nod in agreement before turning back to Dmitri, who is trying his hardest not to pout.

“Look, you’ll be ready in two weeks. We will coordinate a meeting and you’ll join us. I promise.” You say reassuringly.

Dmitri agrees, reluctantly.

“Well, we have some preparations to do I figure…” you begin.

You begin to go over all of the supplies that you will likely need as you head out into the field. The list is long, but doable, especially with no restrictions on acquisition. On the list are tools for repairing in the field, emergency rations and cooking supplies, basic camping and survival tools, everything for an extended patrol.

An afternoon running around, gathering supplies and extending the message to the closest bases and outposts through encrypted messages, you feel ready. The rain let up sometime after lunch and the humidity dragged itself across the base to stifling effect. You, Bela, Dmitri and Hilda have moved the chairs in a line in front of the Gundams and the GM, which had been moved to your hangar. Dmitri, Hilda and you are smoking as Bela looks on.

You turn your head towards Dmitri and open your mouth, but Dmitri shakes his head quickly.

“I don’t need any reassuring words, Boss. Just promise that you won’t catch our prey before I arrive.” He says.

“I promise.” You confirm.

-----------------------------------------------

>Move out tomorrow at Dawn
>Move out tomorrow at midday
>Move out tomorrow at Dusk
>>
>>801962
>Move out tomorrow at Dawn
>>
File: img_1038.jpg (1MB, 2816x2112px) Image search: [Google]
img_1038.jpg
1MB, 2816x2112px
The dawn comes swiftly as you and your team are prepped and ready to move before the sun rises. The alarm sounds as the hangar door lurches open, revealing the three mobile suits. As the door opens fully, you take the first steps out into the marshalling ground near the eastern gate; Bela and Hilda follow closely behind. As your troops begin the long walk, Dmitri stands in the hangar door, field jacket draped over his shoulders, watching you leave.

The Colonel gave us the latest information on where Yustina might be, pointing us in a general direction. You took one final look at the base as it began to disappear in your rear view camera and set out. The sun begins to crest the horizon as you; Bela and Hilda make your way down the roadway. You have a hunch that the best place to start is the battlegrounds where you lost her. So, with some caution, you and your team make your way back to the highway and follow it back to where the battle took place. The northern section still lay collapsed in ruin, while most of the craters and trees have stopped smoking. Any wreckage that lay on the highway is pretty much gone; all salvageable material scavenged by the Zeon forces or the rebels that lie in the hills. You and your team remain on medium caution as you trek across the beaten highway, stepping around the husk of the Zaku II that was pummelled into submission by the tank escort. You come to a stop as you turn your main camera up the mountainside, the yellow steel container visible in the clearing with magnification.

“Up we go.” You speak into the headset.

Bela takes your left and Hilda takes the right as you hop off the pavement and onto the jungle turf below, beginning your ascent up the mountainside to start the hunt. As you pass through various craters and burnt clearings, you feel somewhat at peace with yourself. There is not a hostile presence around as you and your team traverse up the mountain.

-----------------------------

>Climb over the peaks together
>Get Hilda to scout the other side of the mountain range
>Find a valley to cross around
>>
>>802065
>Get Hilda to scout the other side of the mountain range
>>
File: gm_sniper_screen_by_mecha_mania.jpg (85KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
gm_sniper_screen_by_mecha_mania.jpg
85KB, 600x450px
I think that's enough for tonight. Sorry for the short thread and I really love the attention that it got this time; 3 concurrent users is the most I've seen so far! I really appreciate the participation as always and I'll see you guys next time. If you have a twitter, @16th_MSTeam will have the most current updates to things. See you all next time.

==============================================================================

The team halts near the peaks of the range as you send Hilda on a scouting mission across the top. You and Bela take up defensive positions in case any threats come your way.

Hilda runs off into the jungle, the deep green of the GM Sniper blending in immediately as it enters the foliage. Hilda adopts a cautious walk as she nears the peaks of the low, jungle covered mountain range. As she comes across the peak, she gingerly edges her main camera over the top, scanning the slope and the valley below for any sign of danger. She pans the camera back and forth as it rolls across a Zeon base camp. She stops and zooms in, taking note of everything she sees in the base. A low flying recon plane skirts the edges of the mountains as Hilda ducks back into cover.

Bela scans the valley on your side with her 180mm cannon, ready to deal death at a moment’s notice. You are alerted to movement in the jungle and you train your 100mm machine gun on the disturbed foliage as Hilda’s GM comes trotting out of the foliage.

“Good news or bad news, boss.” Her voice crackles over the radio.

“Good, then bad.” You reply.

“Well, good news is that I spotted a Zeek base camp on the other side of the mountains.” She reports.

“And the bad news?” you ask.

“Well, we found a Zeek base camp on the other side of the mountains.

You roll your eyes in your cockpit as you mull over the details.

“So, what do you think; should we assault the base? D’you think Yustina is there?” you ask intently.

“Couldn’t say, Boss. Camp is too far for my sensors to make out accurately.” She responds.
>>
>>802131
Thanks for running Boss, I kind of want to waifu Yustina but I don't think it will work out. I like the idea of hunting someone like this though but I'll miss having the support from other squads and living on base.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.