[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Legacy Quest (Chapter 12) - A multi-generational retro dungeon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 265
Thread images: 17

File: Legacy Quest 12.jpg (153KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Legacy Quest 12.jpg
153KB, 600x600px
Your protagonists will die, permanently, but fear not! Before each hero embarks on their quest to free the land from evil, they marry and have children, ensuring their bloodline will not die with them, and providing the next intrepid adventurer to follow in the footsteps of their ancestors when they come of age.

Unfortunate and stupid heroes might face insta-kills, unwinnable situations, and general doom. The best and brightest will slowly progress through the dungeon, but will still likely face their inevitable death.

No one hero will beat the dungeon, only by building up a strong family of heroes, investing in your hometown/stronghold to acquire better resources, passing down knowledge, wealth, and loot.

Last time on legacy quest: >>512896
>Willow absolutely rekt a gang boss, much to OP's dismay.
>She let her live in return for the items she was after and a trade agreement for Angorvil.
>OP returned to Renvic's smithy, and after a little trade set off to Hightown!

Who's ready to catch a sneaky dwarf? Waiting for three bumps!
>>
Hey boss
>>
>>539365
Whatsup Busy?
>>
>>539366
Not much, man.

Trying to get Willow to retirement, y'know? Hah
>>
>>539366
Since its been slow, got a map of Angorville? I wanna see how the humans and gobbos are doing. Maybe see Svard II's grave?

Kinda funny that the current heroine who's surviving currently is also the one who showed the most respect to Svard before leaving.
>>
>>539367
And I'll be trying to kill her. Let's see how it goes!
>>
>>539374
I haven't updated Angorvil yet, I tend to do it once a hero dies, as that allows up to 18 years to pass while the new hero grows. It's going to be bigger and better though!

Remember you've got the following:
>Fortification of the town
>Repair/refurbishment of buildings
>Dwarf trading post
>>
>>539383
Oh hell yea.

I thought we also sent money for researching mining or something? I forgot.
>>
>>539394
Just went back through my saves of the threads. The village was requested to look into mining but that was on top of actual paid actions. Players were warned that it was optimistic.
>>
I'm here!
[Spoiler] I missed you [/spoiler]
>>
>>539399
Missed you too Lurk. Hopefully we can kick off soon!
>>
>>539398
Oooh alright
>>
Qst has been dead all day. Even the Civs are dry. Tuesdays, man
>>
>>539402
Oh sweet, let's get sneaky.
>>
File: Hightown1.jpg (613KB, 1097x660px) Image search: [Google]
Hightown1.jpg
613KB, 1097x660px
Well, let's continue!

The journey to Hightown is long and tedious. Although not terribly far away, the checkpoints are rather thorough, surprised that an upworlder has managed to gain admission to the prestigious community, even if it is just as a courier. Several hours later, you arrive in Hightown with your much inspected paperwork, and the item you are to deliver.

The simple floors of glistening black are replaced by elaborate patterns, each tile dense with details you'd need to stop to fully appreciate. Although just as impeccably kept as... Lowtown? Or wherever you've spent your time so far, this place has a sense of individuality. The walls are decorated, and thus not so completely uniform. A garden of bizarre and beautiful subterranean plants stretches out in front of you. Even the guards here have rich crimson tassles cascading from their (still very functional looking) helmets. Everything here looks like it was meant to be enjoyed.

>Go to deliver the helmet!
>That can wait, let's head straight to the Administrator's building!
>Other?
>>
>>539437
>Dem plants

Let's head straight to the goal, if someone asks, we got lost delivering the helmet.
>>
We've got a job to do. Deliver the helmet.
>>
>>539439
I like this better, say the helm is for the administrator if anyone asks.
>>
>>539446
>>539439
Okiedoke boyos. Writing/drawing up!
>>
>>539440
Deliver it!
>>
File: Hightown2.jpg (342KB, 920x536px) Image search: [Google]
Hightown2.jpg
342KB, 920x536px
>>539439
>>539446
2 vs 1
>>539458

You find your way to the Administrator's office. The building stands as a tower in the middle of a vast room, with a ceiling that you can't even see. The stark contrast from every other building you've come across - blending seamlessly into the walls of the rock that the city was hewn from - lends the building an intimidating aura. The only free standing building in the city... You wonder what kind of man dwells at the top.

Inside, you find a rather severe looking room. Several civilians scurry about from desk to desk, clutching papers. A large bronze door sits at the end of the room, guarded by two particularly burly specimens.

What do?
>>
>>539472
Create a distraction. Fire works well I think.
>>
>>539479
We have dope ass free action illusion magic, so maybe make the thought of a fire? Anyway, use our skills for a distraction.
>>
File: Character sheet.jpg (550KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
Character sheet.jpg
550KB, 900x600px
>>539479
Ooh, interesting... Specifics please! Fire from where? Spell out the plan.

Dumping resources:
>>
>>539485
We can use any ability?
>>
Inventory
>>
File: Basic Combat Rules.jpg (610KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
Basic Combat Rules.jpg
610KB, 600x900px
>>539490
Decoy has been used up for this level. Each can be used once before a rest, so they're precious.

Rulesheet
>>
>>539493
Or we can stash the drugs on some schmuck here and get the guards distracted while they seize him.
>>
>>539497
Or we can drug a guard. Hallucinating policeman would be a good distraction!
>>
>>539502
How do you drug one?
>>
>>539497
>>539502
>>539525
I look forward to this plan coming together!
>>
>>539528
So create panic with a fire.
Blame someone with the drug. Maybe pretend to be a guard with our ability.
Remember we might need a key to enter the door, so an opportunity to pickpocket is nice.
>>
>>539531
I'll wait for a consensus on what happens next.
>>
>>539531
Pickpocket while they arrest the accused. No need for fire though. No o e is gonna care about drugs if the place is on fire
>>
>>539536
Just to clarify:
You're suggesting that you reverse pickpocket/plant the drugs on a civilian, then pickpocket the guards for a key while they arrest somebody?
>>
>>539536
I was just listing 2 possibilities. Not playing them both at the same time.
>>
>>539538
Reverse pickpocket, use disguise, pickpocket cop
>>
>>539544
Disguise as in Cowl of confusion? Introduce yourself as who?
>>
>>539560
The corrupt guard we killed. Say we are tracking the drugs that gang is selling.
>>
To simplify, as your first action:
>Talk to guards
>Talk to civilian
>Plant drugs on civilian
>Disperse hallucinogenic drug near guards
>Knock over candle

Please vote by replying to THIS comment. Cheers lads.
>>
>>539574
Disperse hallucinogenic would be grateful if we were sure it would work. But I doubt it.
Talk to civilian first, pretending to be the guard. Then plant the drugs. Then go to the guards and say you might need backup to arrest this citizen you believe has drugs. Then pickpocket the key, assuming one is needed, and skedoodle.
>>
>>539588
We're going one action at a time, because unexpected things might happen, so don't worry about spelling out plans for what you want to do after that, and after that, etc.

Disperse hallucinogen is a valid option, it will need a roll for success, but most things will. You voting for that, or do you want to talk to the civilian?
>>
>>539604
I guess talk to civilian is easier.
>>
>>539607
Agreed
>>
>>539607
>>539629
You approach a dwarf with long grey hair, and a beard to match:

"Excuse me, I wonder if you could help me?"

>"I'm here to see the administrator."
>Make small talk while you try to plant drugs on him.
>"Announce me to the guards. Now!"
>"Tell me about this place."
>>
>>539646
Tell me about this place.
I'll figure out to bullshit a little depending on his answer.
>>
Guys, we should use cowl of confusion and say we are the administrator.
>tell me about this place.
>>
>>539666
I assumed we were already using that ability and pretending to be a guard.
>>
>>539679
You're not currently using the ability. Seeing as you can only use it once, I wouldn't activate it as default.

>>539655
"This is the Administrator's office. If you'd like to book an appointment, I'm afraid our waiting list is currently over a year long, as the Administrator is extremely busy. Urgent matters should be addressed to the guard."

>>539666
This is an option, will require a roll.
>>
>>539705
Yikes.

Well this person knows the Administrator. So faking it will be hard.
Also we are not in disguise so he knows out face if anything goes wrong. I think we already failed. If we do plant anything on him, common racism will just point at the tall person in the cloak.
>>
>>539705
That would be a crazy roll.
>>539712
We're fine. Just small talk and plant the stuff. Then we go disguised to the guards. We don't even need to see this guy ever again.
>>
>>539714
>>539712
It wouldn't be too crazy, it is literally magical confusion based. The roll difficulty is based upon how unlikely it is for you to be who you say you are, so a little harder because you're not a dwarf, a little harder because the administrator doesn't usually hang out down here.

Want to roll for planting drugs? d20 please!
>>
Rolled 17 (1d20)

>>
>>539739
A bit higher and the drugs would be up his colon.
>>
>>539741

You thank the dwarf with a pat on the shoulder, and he nods back politely, failing to notice the packet of hallucinogenic drugs dropping into the pocket of his tunic...

>Discretely report him to the guard?
>Start making a scene, loudly accusing him of being a drug fiend?
>Other?
>>
>>539753
Go to guards pretending to be a patrol guard who followed the drug trail back here. Tell them you don't have the authority to arrest him here so you need them to do it and bring him to the entry where your other guard friends are.
>>
>>539777
So you want to use up the Cowl of Confusion power?
>>
>>539777
This seems like a waste of a limited power. The guy already has the drugs in his pocket, we can just report him as we are. Save our single use abilities for when we actually need them.
>>
>>539800
Alrighty then. No ability, just create a mess.
>>
>>539810
Agreed
>>
>>539838
>>539810
So loudly accuse, or report him subtly to the guard?
>>
>>539888
Report subtly, nice excuse to get close to the guard.
>>
>>539938
Roll for result! D20
>>
Rolled 3 (1d20)

>>
>>539976
The guard looks a little suspicious, and asks you to follow him into the office behind him to give him the full report...

Is anyone still here, or should I just wait until morning?
>>
>>540099
I am going to sleep now.
>>
>>539976
Damn man, I hope we didn't just waste our drugs...
I guess see you tomorrow op, can you belive I actually had to do stuff at work today? Crazy.
>>
>>540260
That's an outrage! Demand a raise, or ask to be assigned to the questing department.
>>
>>540286
Day off tomorrow. See you in the morning
>>
>>540260
A 1d20 system punishes you very quickly if you have to make a couple good rolls in a row. Gotta take the good and the bad.
>>
We still dealing with dwarves?
Also I hate Cannon fodder
>>
>>542174
Yeah, I didn't take into account how much the board would slow down before I designed this mega-level. We're nearly there though, and the building is laid out like a conventional string of rooms.

I don't hate the character, but I resent her surviving this long, and I want to introduce a new one, so don't worry... She'll either die or retire soon.
>>
Waiting for 3 bumps!
>>
Kaaaay
>>
>>542184
Oh she bettet retire OP

or else our love is over
>>
>>542193
I guess it just comes down to how stubbornly she refuses to die! Although the first post literally has a disclaimer telling you that the heroes are meant to die, so you can't be too salty.
>>
>>542198
Svard the second did it. So can Willow! The Artist of Death!
>>
Rolled 10 (1d20)

>>542207
Slippery slope to the "heroes always survive" system!

To encourage lurkers:

The guardsman leads you into the office, closing the door behind you. "The man you accused, happens to be a cousin of mine. One who not long ago lost his son to drugs. I don't know what reason you have for trying to cause a scene, but you chose the wrong man to accuse." He levels his spear at you, his eyes narrowing. "Seeing as I don't want to go through the process of arresting him for a crime he did not commit, and I'm under the impression you're here on less than savoury business, I think I'll solve this problem in an unofficial capacity."

You quickly draw Gravewound, and prepare for battle!

Initiative roll order: Willow, Guardsman

Anyone too salty about the "wasted" good roll, bear in mind you're only facing one guard, and you're out of the way of meddling citizens. Consider it a concession.
>>
Rolled 13, 19 = 32 (2d20)

>>542215
Failed to roll properly. Again: Willow, Guardsman.
>>
Rolled 12, 15 = 27 (2d20)

>>542216
The guardsman attacks you before you can blink. He swings his weapon at you twice, before blocking.
>>
Rolled 1, 2 = 3 (2d3)

>>542221
Without your guard raised, both blows land.
>>
>>542215
>Anyone too salty about the "wasted" good roll
I said >>542120

Not salty, just laying down my opinion. Having to go only against 1 guard is very good. I assumed we'd get instantly arrested.
>>
>>542229
Sorry dude, wasn't referring to anyone in particular, just didn't want anyone to think I was being an ass.

Willow - 9 AP remaining
>Cowl of Confusion - 2 AP
>Puff of smoke - 2 AP
>Attack - 2 AP
>Move - 1 AP per square
>Block - 1 AP
>Other?
>>
>>542235
We can attack 4 times? If so the usual stab and block.
>>
>>542237
Sure, ordinarily I wait for more people, but this is a small time battle with small time choices.

4d20 please! 12+ to hit
>>
Rolled 14, 14, 1, 3 = 32 (4d20)

>>542241
I wish there were more people around aswell
>>
I just wish replies were fast and consistent. Yall keep posting when i look away
>>
>>542242
Oh. 1 crit fail. Greaaat
>>
>>542242
Roll 2d2 for damage, and I'll add bonuses!

>>542246
Sorry dude, I'll try my best to keep them consistent!
>>
Rolled 2, 1 = 3 (2d2)

>>542251
>>
Rolled 1, 1 = 2 (2d2)

>>542251
>>
>>542253
You can roll next one.
>>
>>542254
Its cool. We dont need to risk my shit rolls haha
>>
>>542257
Everyone has the same chance to roll good or shit. You feel more invested when you are the one rolling though.
>>
>>542258
Fair enough.
>>
Rolled 16, 7, 19 = 42 (3d20)

>>542252
>>542253
>>542254
As always, first roll gets it, for a total of 5 damage. Also, I forgot to add Willow's +1 to hit with small weapons, but it made no difference.

The guardsman flinches, injured , before unleashing three attacks in rapid succession! Requires 13+ to hit.
>>
>>542260
Oh god i hopenwe have that potion still
>>
Rolled 1, 1 = 2 (2d3)

>>542260
Two strikes slip past your defences.

Dying against Joe Average the town guard? Busy is going to be maaaaaad.
>>
>>542264
Pff we'r fine.
>>
>>542264
>1, 1 = 2
Dammit.

Willow - 7 AP remaining (-2 from crit fail)
>Puff of smoke - 2 AP
>Attack - 2 AP
>Move - 1 AP per square
>Block - 1 AP
>Other?
>>
>>542267
triple stab and block, maybe we get lucky and pull it off.
>>
>>542265
Attack and block. Shes down 4 hp total now. We might wanna potion
>>
>>542269
I think she's on 6, she started on 11? Also are you voting to potion now, or triple attack?
>>
>>542272
Potion is 1 ap right? And what is the max heal for it?
>>
>>542275
It's a 5 HP heal for the small potion.
>>
>>542287
Heal. Atk, atk, step back, block
>>
Take it easy op!
>>
>>542291
Not attack 3 times and throw away block?
>>
>>542295
>>542292
>>542291
Waiting for a majority!
>>
>>542295
I dont wanna throw away all our hp as soon as we get it. And no one equipped the dwarven buckler i noticed
>>
>>542291
Also this.
>>
>>542305
>>542304
Right, let's have 2d20 then! He hasn't blocked, so it's 11+ to hit.
>>
Rolled 7, 9 = 16 (2d20)

>>542313
>>
This is why i say i dont roll.

At least we are healed.
>>542317
>>542258
>>
>>542320
Oh lord. Willow is kill.
>>
Rolled 11, 1 = 12 (2d20)

>>542317
Even with the +1, that's only a 10. Welp, no hits. The dwarf attacks twice, and blocks.
>>
>>542326
Eyyy
>>
>>542326
Fucking dice gods, I swear. Also, I forgot to mention that the dwarf stepped forward.

The dwarf steps forward, and swings his polearm twice, tripping himself over, and missing both blows. He gets to his feet and blocks.

Willow's turn again.
>>
>>542328
All attack and block
>>
>>542329
Let's have them rolls!
>>
Rolled 4, 10, 20, 8 = 42 (4d20)

>>542331
Isn't all attack and move 1 backwards better since then he can only attack twice? Or we ran out of room?
>>
>>542331
Someone else please. Anyone?
>>
>>542333
Out of room. Either we are against table ir against wall
>>
>>542333
One hit (thanks to +1 with light weapons), one crit.

Your legacy weapon is halfway to gaining a level.

Roll 2d2 for damage. I'll add bonuses. and the second roll will be the crit.
>>
>>542333
Legacy time?
>>
Rolled 1, 1 = 2 (2d2)

>>542345
>>
Rolled 2, 2 = 4 (2d2)

>>542346
I thought we were already halfway there, guess I was wrong.
>>
Rolled 2, 1 = 3 (2d2)

>>542345
>>
>>542349
On a roll arnt i
>>
>>542350
It's already got two legacy enchantments, this will be the third!

>>542349
For a total of (1+1)+((1+1)*2).
I shouldn't have bothered with the roll, it was an instakill with the crit. My mistake!

The dwarf falls down with a large chunk of his throat missing. On his body, you find a key, 2 metal scraps, and a dwarven polearm .

What do?
>>
>>542361
Equip dwarven buckler
Loot stuff.
>>
>>542361
I can't believe my girl's still alive. <3
I think I left legacy quest...at least four chapters ago.
Any one care to give me a summary of what I've missed?
>>
>>542369
Dwarves are dicks
>>
>>542372
And we are bigger dicks because since we got her we made deals with criminals, tried to get an innocent man who lost his son because of drugs accused of owning drugs and just killed a guard because he figured out we wanted to accuse that man (although that was self-defense)
>>
>>542372
Nice.
Hey op hie would using puff of smoke outside of battle work?
>>
>>542377
Kinda fits her character though.
>>
>>542379
We cant use it until we hit sanctuary if we do it now. Save it.
>>542377
...they started it. I just wanted a trade roite and dwarf friends.
>>
>>542383
We recovered it on resting at Ragnar's I'm pretty sure.
>>
>>542383
Yes, the guy who just lost his son was clearly the one who started it and how would you have traded with them, considering our village has a Grand production of jack and shit.
>>
>>542379
Yep.

>>542369
Fell into a dwarf city, agreed to help stage a coup to get out by arresting a corrupt official (even though he'll probably get off the hook) rather than assassinate him. Now approaching his office.

>>542372
True.

>>542377
Very true. She's not getting a heroic ending Like Svard II.

You loot the room, and find mostly boring paperwork. A recent letter reads:

Note: The clay is supple, but strong. It has taken much experimentation to reach the most resilient consistency. Less heat leaves the clay too soft, more time in the fire renders it extremely brittle.

Another reads:

More of the vintage red. He gets through it like nothing you've ever seen.

A final note describes the location of a hidden door in this room, and with a little effort, you find the way forward. Proceed?
>>
>>542389
We've got farms and shit I'm sure. Surface food is a dorfin delicacy.
>>
>>542389
That was you guy's doing. Willow was supposed to fuck over the trickster and make silly drawings. This Dwarf trip kinda warpes her.
>>
Yeah let's arrest this dude, then drop off the helmet.
>>
>>542394
Use hidden door.

Poor Willow. She didnt do it. The voices in her head did.
>>
>>542395
Well if it now gets out that we have established trade with one of the criminal factions in the dwarf City I can't imagine that the City at large would be positively inclined towards us and might even refuse trade with us on principal.
>>
>>542397
>>542395
>>542389
>>542386

In all fairness, this chapter was deliberately morally ambiguous. There wasn't a "good" way to proceed, it all requires justifying the means to the ends.
>>
>>542404
I dunno m8 there seems to be a pretty large demand for drugs and alcohol despite the laws.
>>
>>542410
>>542404
Angorville never met dwarves before. The criminal faction could lie to them and say they are official merchants. Can easilly be blamed on ignorance
>>
>>542410
>>542413

Shall we proceed anons?
>>
>>542405
I agree with there being no morally easy way todeal with the corrupt official, but I would say between letting a criminal life and continue her crimes in the dwarf City for our own gain and arresting her so that her crimes come to an end there it is clear which is the Moral decision.
Also instead of Setting up the man with the drugs we could just have casted the fire Illusion as distraction but didn't because we didn't want to "waste" it, so it wasn't about Moral abiguity there, instead the decision to accuse an innocent man was made because it meant Things would be easier for us down the line.
>>
>>542416
Our priorities is Angorville, not the dwarves. Wasting actions here means harder passage in the tunnels.
>>
>>542415
But debating interspecies politics is so much fun!
yes
>>
>>542415
Yes
>>
>>542416
That poor honest man would have been cleared of all charges.
The honest officer would rather kill us than arrest us.
So yeah we are the bad guys. I don't give a fuck about unnamed dwarves. Renvic is our bro, the rest I don't give 2 shits.
>>
>>542415
Of Course.

I just wanted to Highlight how much dubious shit the thread got around to since we have arrived in this town without even thinking twice about it (especially the whole framing Innocents stuff without even knowing how severe the punishment actually is for owning drugs)
>>
>>542416
Jesus man its pretend DnD on a South African doorknob licking forum. The dwarves will be fine.
>>
File: Hightown3.jpg (138KB, 1034x264px) Image search: [Google]
Hightown3.jpg
138KB, 1034x264px
>>542429
Kek, this is very true. It's good to get some discussion going though.

You enter the next room. The walls are lined with what appear to be mirrors, each emitting some kind of glow. You see a huge slab of metal at the end of the corridor... With the very top of a brutish face covered in thick fur peeking over the top.

It begins slowly moving towards you, with a loud screeching as the steel slab drags along the floor.

What do?
>>
>>542432
Touch blue mirror? Fuck I wanna die in battle not on some bullshit puzzle.
>>
>>542432
Wait until it is at the red mirror, then touch the purple mirror
>>
>>542441
What this guy said
>>
>>542441
Please elaborate.
>>
>>542441
>>542443
Please elaborate on your plan.
>>
>>542443
>>542441
You wait as the behemoth heads towards you, and as it approaches the red mirror, you place your hand flat against its purple duplicate... Or at least you try to, but your hand passes through, as though through a very thin layer of water.

What do?

>>542437
Hey now, I'll have you know this is some bullshit puzzle-battle!
>>
>>542444
>>542457
Thinking with Portals

Go tough the purple mirror
>>
>>542457
I guess we gotta cross now? Otherwise harambe over there is gonna squish us since we waited till he got close.
>>
>>542464
>>542465

Now what?
>>
>>542432
Move to the red mirror six tiles ahead.
>>
>>542467
Isn't there a door to exit?
>>
>>542444
What did you want me to Elaborate?

The waiting was because otherwise we would have spawned right before the enemy and the touching was because we had no idea how the mirrors work so I thought to touch them first instead of trying to go through them in case the teleportation were touch based so we wouldn't run against the mirror or the wall opposite of its twin
>>
>>542470
Oops to late :^))
>>
>>542472
Wouldn't it be better to try the blue one first then?
>>
>>542471
Not that you can see!
>>
>>542472
>>542473
Sory meant the green one.
>>
>>542474
Didn't want to risk landing right in front of him in case he started running and I feared that the teleport could have left us disoriented for a short time.
>>
>>542479
So attack from red mirror with knives, wait for him to come close and run behind him thru the red mirror
>>
How about we throw some knives at the back of the giant yeti that's trying to squash us? That or backstab?
>>
>>542475
Start attacking his back until he is halfway turned around, then go through the orange mirror
>>
We still have poisoned knife right? If we do then use it on harambe
>>
Oh wow I honestly thought it was just a furry statue with some mechanism.
>>
>>542488
He has a chance to counter if you do that. Distance is important
>>
>>542482
red is kinda risky because to the right there is no safety net through mirrors further back.

Preferrably I would like to get him between the orange mirrors (plenty of fallback space)
>>
>>542492
Poisoned knife is a throwing knife.

So throw poison blade +3 others? Agreed? You'll auto-block with your remaining AP unless anyone objects.
>>
>>542482
Get him between the orange ones, more emergency fallback space.
>>
>>542497
instead of blocking if he isn't fast enough to turn around by the time our last attack is finished, can we go through a Portal next to us?
>>
>>542497
>>542501
Yes. Id rather run than block
>>
>>542504
>>542501
Okay, roll 4d20!
>>
Rolled 9, 13, 14, 1 = 37 (4d20)

>>
>>542507
Will our cold rolls freeze ops love for willow?
>>
I wonder if we can use the same portal more than once...
>>
>>542512
With Willow's bonus, that's 3 hits, one crit miss. Roll 3d3 for damage!
>>
Rolled 1, 1, 3 = 5 (3d3)

>>542515
>>
Rolled 1, 2, 3 = 6 (3d3)

>>542515
I guess I'll roll again
>>
From now on busy rolls for the enemy.
>>
Noooo Willow is my fave hero so far.
>>
>>542520
That's 5 + 1 (for this turn's poison damage).

You sink several blades into the creature's back, and the resulting roar shakes the room, knocking shards of stone free from the walls and ceiling. Before it even manages to turn, you dive through the portal (which appears to be flickering as stone crumbles around it).

You appear in front of the creature, and it charges towards you, fortunately running out of steam before it can crush you. The purple mirror fades as the structure around it cracks, and crumbles.

What do?
>>
>>542538
Bolt into blue
>>
>>542549
Was waiting for more replies, but it looks like it's just you and me Busy! We might have to call an end to it after this room.

You emerge through the secondary blue mirror, and prepare to attack. 8 AP remaining, seeing as you ran through the mirror. What do?
>>
>>542561
Any daggers left?
>>
>>542561
One step towards orange. All attacks. Wait for it to charge and jump in mirror
>>
>>542573
Two throwing knives and a pocket knife which can be thrown for 1d2 damage.
>>
Can we try and climb the creature for some sweet back stabs? If no throw knives.
>>
>>542614
I would also like to know

Shadow of the Collosus this bitch!
>>
>>542614
>>542616
You can backstab for sure, but any climbing while doing so will just be a narrative addition, and won't change the backstab mechanic.
>>
>>542665
Awe, but OP!
>>
>>542676
If I could think of a good system, maybe. But not for this battle. Wait until you fight something even bigger. Seeing as everyone seems to have disappeared, let's call it a day for tonight. Sorry about the abrupt cut off. It got very busy, then very quiet...
>>
>>542700
I am just happy i was around for most of it
>>
>>542700
Apologies OP. I'm usually lurking on phone but I was distracted during dinner with friends. I enjoy these quests alot and I hope I am around tomorrow again.
>>
>>542700
I'm thinking of quitting my job to become a full time adventurer. See you tomorrow op, here's some dope ass trips to keep the thread alive.
>>
>>542751
Not even close, damn...
>>
>>542751
I fully endorse this course of action. Think how good "slayed the darkness" would look on your CV after a few years as a full time adventurer!

>>542743
>>542710
Glad you were here guys! See you tomorrow!

For the record, I'm thinking of doing a Legacy Quest: Legends thread after we've gotten through both Willow and her son.

Current themes I'm considering:
>The Adventures of Kazgrub (and the brotherhood of the raised chalice)
>The Bandit Siege of Angorvil
>Legacy Quest: Civ Quest I feel like a heretic for suggesting this
>The Founding of Angorvil
A few others that I can't mention because of spoilers, or just can't remember at the moment.
>>
>>542949
I will join a Civ if Trickster n Friends is a faction haha
>>
Anyone alive? Waiting for bumps!
>>
>>544374
bump and away for like 20 minutes
>>
At work. Will reply if possible
>>
>>544379
That took a while, finally back. Also at work but can usually peek phone.
>>
Bumpo
>>
Right, picking up where we left off!

>>542561

Willow - 9 AP remaining
>Puff of smoke - 2 AP
>Attack - 2 AP
>Throw knife - 2 AP (2 left, plus sub-optimal pocket knife)
>Move - 1 AP per square
>Block - 1 AP
>Other?
>>
>>544426
Can we stab through the mirrors? Like only our arm goes there?
>>
>>544426
Move to red portal and throw 2 knives
>>
>>544428
You can stab it through a mirror if BOTH of you are directly adjacent to a mirror of that colour, but remember, its front is extremely well protected.
>>
>>544432
Looks like it can only move 4 a time so
>throw 3 daggers
>go backwards 3 spaces, near red portal
>>
>>544434
Nah, step to yellow mirror, backstab 4x, we get double damage! We'll still be four squares away.
>>
>>544434
Agreed. But i dont think OP allows reactions. If he charges us, we cabt just leap into the portal
>>
>>544444
OP does not allow reactions, even for sick quints.
>>
>>544444
Dope as fuck busy.
I still say move to red and throw knives.
>>
>>544447
>>544452
Thank you, thank you.

And alright. Lets do it
>>
>>544452
Which red portal? The one nearer to or further from the monster?
>>
>>544443
I change vote to this, but stab only 3 times and move backwards
>>
>>544457
Oh and to explain it, backstab is atleast 1 guaranteed hit and next roar from monster might destroy red portal.
>>
>>544461
>guaranteed hit

No such thing.
>>
>>544463
1st backstab is guaranteed hit
>>
>>544443
Eh this is fine.
>>
>>544457
>>544461
>>544463
>>544467
>>544469

Right, just to get on with it, I'll go for the 3x attack and move back. First backstab is not guaranteed, that's only the case if attacking from stealth. Roll 3d20 please! 10+ to hit.
>>
Rolled 15, 6, 6 = 27 (3d20)

>>544471
Damn, I forgot that detail.
>>
>>544473
Roll 1d2 for damage!
>>
Rolled 1 (1d2)

>>544474
>>
And i thought i rolled bad
>>
>>544475
Oh we tickled it
>>
>>544477
>>544476
4 damage. You leave the creature badly injured
>>
>>544480
Yay!
>>
The monster staggers towards you, and finally stops protecting the space immediately in front of him. Who says monsters can't have useful abilities?

What do?
>>
>>544494
Oops, I mean finally stops. He is protecting the space immediately in front of him.
>>
>>544494
Run to blue, move to other side. Any range atk left?
>>
>>544499
I could be wrong, but I assume that's one of the squares he's "protecting". I have a suspicion that we might get rekt if we stand there.
>>
>>544499
>dubs
Your on fire m8. But I think anon below you is right. That being said I believe we're fucked either way. Run to red and stab it's legs? Or puff of smoke and hide.
>>
>>544494
3 AP to move to red, stab 3 times
>>
Dont forget, he is still poisoned, so he also takes damage that way.
>>
>>544519
I forgot this. He's 2 HP worse off than I realised. Still alive though.

>>544513
>>544518

3d20 then? I've got to go out for my friend's birthday meal soon, so get some crits or get squashed guys.
>>
Rolled 11, 4, 5 = 20 (3d20)

>>544527
>Implying I wont land 1 hit and a crit
>>
>>544530
Well you got the one hit part right. :^)

He's taken 5+4+1+1+1 damage so far including poison. Roll 1d2 to see what you manage!
>>
Rolled 1 (1d2)

>>544539
>>
Rolled 1 (1d3)

>>544542
It's going to be a long one, huh? That's 2 more damage, +1 for poison.

The creature approaches, and you feel like he's even more aggressive than he was a minute ago... Is it just you, or is he... Speeding up? The question is answered when he slams his shield on the ground, sending debris flying in all directions at a dangerous velocity. Rolling for damage.

Just as well he's near death . Your turn again, what do?
>>
>>544551
Pic? I dunno where the thing is.
>>
>>544560
I'm a dork again.

Before anyone asks, still two throwing knives (1d3 dmg) and one trusty pocket knife that can be thrown. (1d2 dmg).
>>
>>544564
go through red, throw daggers
>>
>>544571
I assume this will be popular choice, so 3d20. Last one will be pocket knife.
>>
Rolled 6, 6, 15 = 27 (3d20)

>>544572
The bigger they are...
>>
>>544574
Trusty dusty pocket knife, huh?
>>
>>544575
Hey hey, 2 hits in 6 tries aint that bad!
>>
>>544575
>>544574
Pocket knife has been around since Svard I. Pocket knife just defeated a huge yeti monster. It's actually the greatest weapon your heroes own.

The creature falls to the ground, and you manage to dodge the toppling wall of steel, which lands with a deafening crack. It moans pitifully, and lies on the floor, barely breathing. It will be no more trouble. You actually feel a little sorry for the beast, as you retrieve your knives. (Pocket knife is auto-retrieved, as are two unbreakable ones. Roll 4d2 for the others. 2 is success.)

You also retrieve thick braids of yeti hair .

The mirrors blink out of existence, being replaced by a single glowing white mirror at the end of the corridor...

Going to have to call it a day here (after you roll to recover knives). Thanks for playing lads, be back again tomorrow!
>>
Rolled 2, 1, 1, 2 = 6 (4d2)

>>544584
Pocket knife is sleeper OP.
>>
>>544588
No comment. :^)
>>
>>544596
Just get the knife OP. Its not a sissy dagger. Its the immortal trusty knife that Svard 1 and 2, Kazgrub, and all the daughters wielded. Show it some respect, ya
>>
OP is moving into a new flat, so when I return it will have to be in a different thread (because ID will change). Hope to be back soon!
>>
>>549090
Good luck with neighbours.
Thread posts: 265
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.