[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gun, Germs and Zero Quest - Summon /his/tory

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 3

File: ggz op.png (66KB, 321x241px) Image search: [Google]
ggz op.png
66KB, 321x241px
You have seen it all. You have seen the cavemen clubbing enemy tribes to death and abducting surviving women. You have seen bearded desert brutes calling themselves King of Kings and flaying their enemies to death, to have their brutal civilization crumble a decade after their death.

You have seen a seafaring civilization sacrifice their babies in the hands of red-hot idols and you have seen their enemies tear down their cities and salting them and abducting their boys for nefarious purposes.

You have seen desert hordes and snow-ridden barbarians tearing down an empire and destroying the original peoples with their overpowering barbarian seed. You then saw the resulting remnants fighting over land they both claimed as holy places, amounting to nothing in the end.

You've witnessed steppe nomads breaking into the rear of the desert hordes, chopping them up into little pieces and making their rivers black and red in ink and blood.

You've seen a bunch of peninsula-dwellers circumnavigating the world and trying to get East by going West. You've seen freshly ripped beating hearts and the offended sanctimonious peninsula-dwellers violating every brown woman in sight in the name of a Holy Virgin.

You've seen a cleric hammering a sheet of theses onto a church door, causing a conglomeration of states claiming holy authority from a previous empire to burn down into the ground.

You've seen an island-dweller of short height burning down that continent once again.

And to the present day, you have seen a poorly-topped clown become the most powerful man in the world.

But you have also seen Carthage survive, Cao Cao winning the Red Cliffs, the Mongols getting raped, the Aztecs invading Europe, Martin Luther getting crucified, Russians owning Turkish slaves in harems, ruling a new Byzantium and Hitler winning the Second World War. In fact, you have seen more than a million of these scenarios, each one in their own microcosm of existence.

You are the collective unconscious of /his/-history and humanities. You are the Master Historian, Observer of Possibilities, the Owner of the Library Without an Exit and Greatest Edgelord of the World and the Underworld.

You have seen an interesting green portal, so of course, you have entered it.

(cont.)
>>
>>521680
And so before you, stands, if it could be called standing, a young pinkette, standing in fright and awe and behind her, a frozen crowd surrounding her, of similarly dressed people.

"Mother?" Comes out of the

A bald man, defensively holding his staff, a bluehead glaring with hostility, a swarthy red-head gawking lustfully...

And the assorted dragons, flying eyeballs, frogs and whatnot glancing to and fro you and their owners in confusion.

It seems some kind of introduction is in order.

[] "It appears the laws of history have led to this outcome." History is a cruel and merciless tyrant, which spares no-one is nothing.

[] "It appears the laws of history have led to this outcome." History is red in tooth and claw.

[] "It appears the laws of history have led to this outcome." All is within the flow of causality.

[] Write-in
>>
>>521681

(correction)
*"Mother?" Comes out of the pinkette's mouth.
>>
>>521681
>It appears the laws of history have led to this outcome. All is within the flow of causality.
>>
>>521689

This
>>
>>521689
>>521709

"It appears the laws of history have led to this outcome. All is within the flow of causality."
>>
>>521715

You don't know if they expected demons to come flooding out of nowhere after you said that sentence, but you sense at least one hair raising in response to it somewhere.

You look at the young pinkette before you. She's still, frozen.

"I'm sorry Mother, I didn't mean..."

"It seems that I appear as your mother to you."

The answer is obvious. You appear different to everyone else before you. Chattering from behind her questions her sanity. "That's not the Duchess Karin. That's a prankster."

[] Introduce yourself as a powerful master of various arts with various titles.

[] "I am but merely a historian who appears in different forms for different people. It seems your soul has chosen to see me as your mother."
>>
>>521732
>[] "I am but merely a historian who appears in different forms for different people. It seems your soul has chosen to see me as your mother."
>>
>>521732
>I am but merely a historian who appears in different forms to different people.

Better downplay ourselves.
>>
>>521739
>>521740

The welcome you're receiving does not seem to be very warm. It would be a struggle and try and heat it up, so you must as well be honest.

"I am merely a history who appears in different forms for different people. It seems your soul has chosen to see me as your mother. Presumably, others also see me as something else."

[] "Tell me, what have you summoned me for?"

[] "Do you seek power, unimaginable, incontestable, irresistible as your own?"
>>
>>521749
>[] "Tell me, what have you summoned me for?"
>>
>>521749
>Tell me, What have you summoned me for?

Better not be something stupid.
>>
>>521752
>>521754

"Tell me, what have you summoned me for?"

"..." She hesistates.

"As a familiar."

"A magical familiar?"

"Yes."

"Interesting. I've been in my library for quite long so, it seems I will have some variety. Very well."

[] "I promise to serve you to the best of my abilities."
[] "Let us serve the will of history together."
[] Write-in
>>
>>521771
>Let us serve the will of history together.
>>
>>521775
agree
>>
>>521771
Let us create a new story
>>
>>521775
>>521776

"Let us serve the will of history together."

She smiles, slightly teary and nods. She walks into your "arms" and you embrace her as a mother would her daughter.

Short as it was, it was a profoundly powerful statement. It was also a strategic statement. The fact was, you would not be an inferior, but an equal. Secondly, it was a promise to fight together until or even after death.

A warmth fills your being. You notice hot pain, which would've made you wince were you unprepared, eating away at your hand.

With a hug and a magical brand, the contract was sealed.

---

An excluding walk done in the shadow of flying broomsticks later, you find yourself seated near, her study table, the chair turned aside. In a sky of two moons, the sun has set. Lit by candle, she had prepared herself to go to sleep.

You see that there is a a separate mattress to the side of her bed.

[] "I suppose I shall go to sleep."
[] "You wouldn't mind my wandering around, would you?"

(I will be going home on the train, 2 or 3 hours. Cya.)
>>
>>521811
>You wouldn't mind me wandering around would you?

We must explore our new environment.
>>
>>521811
>[] "You wouldn't mind my wandering around, would you?"
>>
>>521813
>>521850

"You wouldn't mind my wandering around would you?"

She shakes her head "no". Evidently, she has taken to your appearance as her mother.

And so, you set off, wandering for the night.

---

Of the many countless iterations of history you've observed, you've always done so in a none-corporeal form, otherwise it wouldn't have been observation, but rather, interference. To be perfectly accurate, you've only ever had a corporeal form in your library. It was literally impossible for you to ever interfere with the reality that had unfounded before you, an eternally disembodied historian, the collective (then) unconscious of the human race on Earth, observing the many possibilities that had could've occurred.

Tonight, there were two full moons.

Constantinople. The best ones always had that one constant, the Fall of Constantinople.

In the countless iterations you've seen through, it was the one that had captivated you most, the Fall of Constantinople. The iterations that started with the fall of the City of the World's desire were always to you, the most beautiful ones. Wherever it fell, it always sent a shockwave through the rest of history. The Kingdom of Castile and the Kingdom of Portugal, dismayed at the loss of the the East-West trade routes, would always go West to reach East. Those iterations were always the most stimulating.

In those extremely rare iterations where the city survived, soon enough, the Turks would never ascend meteorically. Without the Turks, forcing Europeans to sail West, the United States of America rarely came to be and history afterwards never was interesting enough for you to remain.

Constantinople fell on an eclipse. There would be no eclipse here, but it still captivated you.

You hear footsteps nearby, then a sudden pause.

"Sorry there. I almost forgot Louise's familiar was a shapeshifter. Excuse me."

As you turn to face them, you realize that the man was the same one from earlier, the bald one who had frozen as you entered this world.

[] "Who do I appear as, to you?"

[] "So her name is Louise?"
>>
>>521861
>[] "So her name is Louise?"
>>
>>521861
>[] "Who do I appear as, to you?"
>>
>>521861
>>
>>521861
>>
>>521861
>>
>>521861
>>
>>522415
>>522196
>>522079
>>521966
>>521930
>>521868

When you first appeared in this world, you had startled quite a number of people. A redhead, staring lavisciously, a bluehead anxiously and this bald man himself paralyzed, not with exactly, fear, but perhaps, an anticipation of conflict. So the thing seemed to be, you appeared to different people differently.

"Who do I appear as to you?"

His reply was curt:

"A monk."

[] "How does this monk elicit such a reaction from you?"

[] Write-in
>>
>>522815
>A monk? Did you perhaps have a bad experience with one?

Pay attention to his body language while we ask this.
>>
>>522815
>[] "How does this monk elicit such a reaction from you?"
>>
>>522815
Do we have knowledge of this world and their religious practices?
>>
This is pretty much dead, isn't it?
>>
>>526605
Nope. I am merely waiting for votes.
>>522908
No. What you do have however is your knowledge of over 1 million iterations of alternate histories.

This is a summary of the character youre playing.

Name: /his/
Sex: n/a
Species: The collective unconscious of the 4chan board /his/
Power: Extremely deep understanding of history and its processes. Extensive knowledge from multiple fields of humanity.
>>
>>527425
*>Extensive knowledge from multiple and diverse subjects in the humanities
>>
>>527425
Feel free to flip a coin
>>
>>522815
>>[] "How does this monk elicit such a reaction from you?"

oh, i thought i voted already
>>
File: tegaki.png (4KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
tegaki.png
4KB, 400x400px
>>522834
>>527447

"How does this monk elicit such a react from you?"

The middle-aged man joined you in staring at the stars, as if reflecting on something that ultimately would tie you together.

"In this world, there is a Church which preaches the gospel our Prophet Brimir. His Word is extremely important. It keeps the continent of Halkeginia bound together even as their political machinations threaten to plunge it into chaos."

He continues.

"But furthermore, Brimir's Word allows the Holy Romalian Empire to maintain its hegemony on the continent. Even as the Empire of Germania bears the most amount of military clout, the sheer threat of excommunication keeps the continent together, against the maurauding menace of the Elves."

My my. What a lot of context to consider, there was.

"And so?" You ask for him to continue.

"On a certain day, a certain monk from Germania, observing the politicization of the faith amongst other things, protested against it. In other words, heresy. Naturally, this called for, in the eyes of the Mother Church, a need to burn the heretics. But this was no mere heresy. It was one that riled up commoners left and right. And so with this present state of affairs, Germania is currently in a state of intense religious turmoil."

"Thus, my appearance disturbs you, because it is the appearance of a person who plunges half a continent into civil war?"

"That would be correct."

[] "He didn't happen to nail theological arguments onto a church door, did he?"

[] "He must've been a very great person to you, given the way you could've stared at him."
>>
>>527530
>"He didn't happen to nail theological arguments onto a church door, did he?"
>>
>>527530
>[] "He didn't happen to nail theological arguments onto a church door, did he?"
>>
>>527530
>[] "He didn't happen to nail theological arguments onto a church door, did he?"
>>
>>527530
>>
>>527530
>>
>>527530
[X] "He didn't happen to nail theological arguments onto a church door, did he?"
>>
>>527530
>>
File: tegaki.png (3KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
tegaki.png
3KB, 400x400px
>>527550
>>527555
>>527571
>>527955
>>528499
>>528750
>>528897

"He didn't happen to nail theological arguments onto a church door did he?" This all sounded pretty similar. Constants were everywhere, the Fall of Constantinople, to the American Declaration of Independence, an inheritance in the Low Countries and the rise of a certain Georgian. Across the iterations, certain things were exceedingly common. Martin Luther was just one of them. You were betting that that was his name here too.

"As a matter of fact he did. Martin Luther did."

You snicker. The more things changed, the more they stayed the same or rather, some things always stayed the same. The mere fact that you were corporeal and this world was different from Earth's played relatively minor roles in the eternal truth that history was always going to have constants.

The balding man continued his gazing at the stars.

"Since I have answered your questions, would you please answer mine? What manner of being are you to so casually predict what occurred?"

[] "I'm merely a historian of a million annals. In each of these annals, there are constants and variables."

[] "I was formed from the base yearning of all mankind to find a reason for their pain and suffering."
>>
>>529394
>>[] "I'm merely a historian of a million annals. In each of these annals, there are constants and variables."
>>
>>529394
>[] "I'm merely a historian of a million annals. In each of these annals, there are constants and variables."
>>
>>529394
>I'm merely a historian of a million annals. In each of these annals, there are constants and variables.
>>
>>529394
>[] "I'm merely a historian of a million annals. In each of these annals, there are constants and variables."
>>
>>529394
>>
Rolled 1 (1d15)

>>529394
>>
>>529394
[X] "I was formed from the base yearning of all mankind to find a reason for their pain and suffering."
>>
>>529405
>>529406
>>529407
>>529432
>>529480
>>529488

"I'm merely a historian of a million annals. In each of these annals, there are constants and variables. In particular, the emergence of a cleric who protests against abuses of religious authority all too often signifies the scourging of a continent. Sometimes, they do it earlier, others later, but very rarely does it not happen. And even then where it does happen, this scourge does not end. Rather, it intensifies. It splits and multiplies. And then it engulfs it."

A deep breath comes from him.

"So there will be more chaos to come?"

"If this world is similar enough, yes."

"Presumably, there is no way to alleviate it?"

[] "There is one common way. All there needs to be is a Edict."

[] "There is a way. The heresy must spread until it consumes everything, the true faith itself if necessary."

[] "It would be too presumptuous to think that mere individuals have to the means to stop this constant".

[] Write-in
>>
>>530736
>"That's for people of this world to decide."
>>
>>530736
>"There is a way. The heresy must spread until it consumes everything, the true faith itself if necessary."
>>
>>530736
>Possibly, though that's for the world and it's inhabitants to decide.
>>
>>530736
[X] "There is one common way. All there needs to be is a Edict."
>>
>>530736
>>"There is a way. The heresy must spread until it consumes everything, the true faith itself if necessary."
>>
Vote count

>>530751
>>530790
Self-determination

>>530775
>>531447
Heresy

>>531301
Edict

Feel free to discuss.
>>
>>532038
I'll back the self-determination vote
>>
>>532336
>>532038
Self-determination wins, starting a new thread to get rid of this cursed autosage.
>>
>>532922
>>533023
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.