[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Civilization Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 5

File: 1441911415229.png (6MB, 2300x6400px) Image search: [Google]
1441911415229.png
6MB, 2300x6400px
It's simple, really, three votes for a race and three for a place. Please be sensible.
>>
>>340972
Treants in ruins, but preferably forested ruins
>>
>>340972
Lava slimes in a volcano on an island.
>>
Vanara in the plains.

AKA smart chimps.

If no one thinks this would be cool, I'll gladly second

>>340977

but only as a tie-breaker.
>>
>>340972
Homunculus
Ruins
>>
So with that, we'll go with ruins as our place, and we're as yet undecided on our race.

Treants, 1(+1)
Lava Slimes in Volcano 1
Vanara, 1
Or Homunculi in the ruins.
>>
>>340997

There already is a quest like that going on.
>>
>>340972
Machines ruins
>>
Lets just vote on these and get the whole thing started.

>>340977
>>340983
>>
daemon volcano
>>
>>340983
I'll second this
>>
>>340983
>>341029

Chimps in the Not!African Savannah seems to be the only majority vote OP.
>>
>>340972
Machines, ruins.

Or crystalids, mana wastes
>>
OP?
>>
>>341287
OP is dead. R.I.P.
>>
File: chimpanzee.jpg (70KB, 945x531px) Image search: [Google]
chimpanzee.jpg
70KB, 945x531px
I'm starting ChimpQuest later on tonight here if OP doesn't show up by then.

Therefor, this shall be a lore-building thread now.

I figure that they'd be simple intelligent chimps in a fantasy setting and not a complex Vanara race.

After all, it'd be interesting to see a non-magically "born yesterday" race work itself from the bottom into the world of high fantasy politics.

Any ideas?
>>
>>341794

one of those monoliths that makes races smarter like in space odyssey
>>
>>341794
Can our leader's name be Harambe?
>>
>>343832
Second
>>
File: harambequest1.png (82KB, 520x523px) Image search: [Google]
harambequest1.png
82KB, 520x523px
If OP doesn't show up around 7 AM PST, I might take up being QM. I haven't done it before, but I hope I know what I'm doing.
Pic related is a lil preview of HarambeQuest (That's just what I'm calling it, y'all can vote to change names n shit).
>>
>>343917
I'm fine with this
>>
>>343917
Just checking in on the thread, if no one objects I'll try to start within an hour.
>>
ROLL CALL
OP is ready to start this civ, who here?
>>
>>340972
Draconians in Forest
>>
>>344031
It seemed like the folks from before voted for vanara in plains, but I'll give you a chance. We need to wait for more people anyways so if you get a majority vote we'll go with that.
>>
>>344040

Chimp quest voter here. Also, as much as I feel bad for this new anon, there's already a draconian quest going on right now.
>>
>>344040

Also, sorry you've been having problems getting it started. I'll stay with you and help get some traction.
>>
>>344114
Thanks senpai, I don't actually visit this board much so I don't know when it's most active. Maybe morning-noon in the US isn't the best time? Or maybe it's just the fact that there are multiple other civs with the same guidelines going on. Whatever.
I'll give it time for one more poster before I formally start (pretty sure Draconian poster has abandoned thread, but we've been stalling long enough).
>>
>>344136

Eh, we've kinda just now entered the golden zone.

Just start it and they'll come.
>>
File: harambequest1.png (191KB, 732x759px) Image search: [Google]
harambequest1.png
191KB, 732x759px
You are Harambe.
Your troop has camped out on the shore of a lake, surrounded by hills. To your north and south are grasslands. East is a flat savannah that seems to stretch on and on; west is dry bush. Most importantly, an unnatural monolith, 10 feets tall and 3 feet wide, seems to have manifested across the lake.
You saw the monolith's power. You absorbed the power of the monolith. You worship the monolith. Your troop also worships the monolith. In turn, your troop proclaims you a chief, for bringing them the gift of the monolith.
You and your troop seem to be wiser from the monolith, more skilled and thoughtful. Though you are small, both in stature and in number, your knowledge as bestowed by the monolith gives you a will to better your society.
What do you do?

Current troop:
1 Harambe
6 adult male Vanara
8 adult female Vanara
3 child female Vanara
2 child male Vanara

Current assets:
50 meat
50 water
20 small stones
20 small branches

>Choose an animal companion
>Build a shrine for the monolith
>Explore and scout
>Research weapons
>Research structures
>Hunt/gather
>Something else?
>>
>>344241

Hunt.

Lets see what animals we have in the area.
>>
>>344241
Also, what is the plural of Vanara? Or would it just be better to call them chimps or apes for simplicity's sake?
>>
>>344243
You send two of your most adequate hunters to catch prey for your troop.
Roll 1d100.
>>
Rolled 97 (1d100)

>>344258
>>
>>344271
Nice roll. Using nothing but wits, agility, and crude stones and sticks, you nabbed 58 meat, most of which comes from the native antelope and fish; you also found some infant bullywugs left for dead northwest of the lake, and were quick to snatch them up.
Current assets:
83 antelope meat
20 fish meat
5 bullywug meat
50 water
20 small stones
20 small branches

>Two actions left this turn, at the end of the turn 1 water per chimp and 1 food per chimp will be consumed; these numbers are doubled for Harambe and all chimps who hunted, fought, or had other forms of hard labor.
What do you do?

sidenote: Will we get more attention if we started a new thread?
>>
>>344331
Establish Communism
>>
>>344331
new thread do it!
>>
>>344335
You gaze upon your surplus of food, knowing that your society would prosper for scores of years at this rate. You meditate on this knowledge in the presence of the monolith. Like a strike of lightning, you learn exactly what to do you empower your people. A nation of chimp equality, a chimp commune, a Chimpapolis, if you will, founded on the idea that classes only divide the people. There is no need to be known as hunter, or caretaker, or craftsman, or leader; you shall only be known as ape, as anything else would give rise to classism and hate.
Under the guiding light of Harambe, communism is established.
>You have one action left this turn, at the end 20 food and 20 water will be consumed regardless of the current amount of chimps or the amount of work they have done
What do you do?
>>344369
New thread when this turn is over
>>
>>344390
Choose an animal companion, tribe mascot kind of deal.What's nearby?
>>
>>344413
While hunting, antelope were the most common find. Zebras occasionally prance in the east, and the lake of the monolith is teaming with meter long fish. Bullywugs may tread nearby, though they are intelligent enough to take offense to being called animals. Maybe simpler toads? And rabid jackals, small, feisty cats, and venomous iguanas can be seen in the bush of the west.

Take your pick of animal and role 1d10
>>
Rolled 7 (1d10)

>>344448

Zebras
>>
>>344524
Zebra riders, I like it.
>>
>>344524
I'm gonna wait until XX:30 to make a new thread, so others have a chance to choose a companion, but until someone else posts, zebras it is.
>>
>>344540

Lets try subjecting zebras to the monolith.
>>
>>344572
Doing so would raise there intelligence; if they were bred to have stronger vocal cords, they may even be able to communicate.
Anyways y'all got 7 zebras yadayada new thread soon
>>
File: tegaki.png (11KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
tegaki.png
11KB, 400x400px
>>344572
>>344538
>>344369
>>344335
NEW THREAD BOYS
>>344716
>>344716
>>344716
>>344716
>>344716
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.