[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

BIRTH OF A CIVILIZATION PART SEVANT (It's like a Seven,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 260
Thread images: 20

File: Red-20.gif (2MB, 3419x2630px) Image search: [Google]
Red-20.gif
2MB, 3419x2630px
The talks with the Han and Romans have begun.

They arrive in the Golden Halls of the imperial Palace.
The Romans are fascinated by such beauty and complexity.
The Han try to hide their surprise, unwilling to admit humility.

Both seem oddly fond of each other, the Han have dubbed the Romans Da Qin - as sort of anti Middle Kingdom, who are opoosites yet equals.
Though, they're not quite sure what to make of us.
Both Romans and Han are quick to express the lack of culture in our people, yet the Romans admire how much more civilized we are than them.

These mixed messages, make it unclear what exactly they think of us, which makes negotiations a little bit more complicated.

For weeks the Emperor and the Consul have done nothing but exchange pleasantries with the Sarsarrum and each other.

After a whole 4 months of negotiating however, the talks finally came to a conclusion.

The trade route that has been connecting our 3 great Empires for decades, is to be formalized.
Merchants are tasked with showing us where to set up supply camps , while each Empire has to guarantee the safety of Merchants in their respective section of the road.

Each of our Empires has 1 trading good the others don't - which makes the Silkroad valuable to everyone involved.

The Han offer Silk : a soft material of incredible value, used for clothing

The Romans offer Glass : a transparent but weak building material, used to let sunlight get into buildings

We offer Carpets : tapestry of wool and flax, with fancy ornaments, a unique sort of beauty

Additionally, we have convinced the Romans and Han to - at the very least - share their Historical records and cultural works with us, for us to gather them in our Great libraries.
They were not willing to share any other knowledge with us, as that would undermine their unique Advantages they have over us.

The Han and Romans return home, and we begin working on our part of the Silkroad immediately.

What are we to do next?
>>
civilize our people. That will show the Romans that we are the most civilized of the bunch
>>
>>212687
>Both Romans and Han are quick to express the lack of culture in our people, yet the Romans admire how much more civilized we are than them.

>admire how much more civilized we are than them.

>more civilized than them
>>
In terms of expansion, expand into Central Asia and the Caucasus, but I think we should rather focus on developing our army, culture, and technology. I think we should still be weary with Rome despite the agreement.
>>
>>212634
Encourage art and culture. Open courses in our schools to teach the arts.
>>
>>212693
Make a monument to commemorate this meeting. And let it be carved into the stone what has just happened, in our language, in Roman, and in Chinese, so that any of their countrymen can see that our three peoples met in peace and cooperation.
>>
>>212711
this
>>
>>212634
Request Byzantium ( İstanbul) from Rome. Take Arabia.
I say we also split of India to maintain stability.
Rome is still around, implying Mohammed has not been the prophet for Islam. Allow a constitutional monarchy, where there is the Sultan and the PM. The PM is voted in by representatives voted in by all over the age of 15.
Split off regions into provinces like in Canada or States in the US
(Islam is in about 500 years and this will prevent tensions from Arabs, Turks, and Persians.
Divide along the modern Iranian border the province of Farse, A province of Assyria, A province of Judea, a province of Arabia, a province of Kurdistan, a province of Iyzhibdaz( Egypt), And the province of Turkia.
Finish the roads and (assuming this is 175 AD) Spread Christianity and Judaism .
>>
>>213375
The only part of that that I agree on is finish the roads. And spreading Chrisianity and Juadisam makes NO GOD DAMN SENSE. Our empire has its own religion after all.
>>
>>212844
For sure commission a monument to show that our three peoples, at one time, met in peace.

Be wary of the Romans, let's get close to the Han. And let's create a religion, I don't wanna be a jew and I don't want to worship the sheep god.
>>
>>213375
no just no
>>
>>213389
We have a religion. It's a pantheon with the guy who reclaimed the empire from the Persians as the king of the gods.
>>
File: image.jpg (57KB, 350x230px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
57KB, 350x230px
>>213384

>juadisam
I want to spread JUDAISM and CHRISTIANITY Because we can eventually blender them if we indoctrinate Italy and China into Them. If this makes sense, we get them on the little boat and then board that boat with our big boat. We spread our religion by claiming to be a messiah and merge all of the religions into OUR faith. They will be in our command.
And if we give the people representation, we gain others influence even faster. They look at us as the perfect world. They will be even more in awe. Culture will flourish! Not only will our lack of culture be satisfied, they will be OURS!

Bottom line:
Influence
Influence
Influence
>>
>>213434
One of the problems with this is the Rise in the West scenario, which I still don't agree with btw, which I'm pretty sure will stop us from doing something like that.

The other is that I don't think your plan makes sense unless we want to abandon the religion we already have. And I don't think we should abandon our current religion.
>>
>>213445
Although you have made me retract the religion idea, I meant that we would have a messiah later on to merge Judaism and Christianity into our religion.
I also forget, Where's the holy city?
>>
File: Red-Province.gif (2MB, 3419x2630px) Image search: [Google]
Red-Province.gif
2MB, 3419x2630px
>>213375
We already have a complex bureaucratic system in place to manage the Empire.

We have the Enalu which split into 2 groups - Warrior Enalu and Administrative Enalu.
Warrior Enalu are simple Knights
Administrative Enalu which run every individual city.
They are partly elected and partly chosen by the Enalugals.

Which brings us to the Province managers aka Enalugals
they are basically governors of our provinces.
they all report back to the Imperial Council.

The Council meanwhile elects a Chancellor , who informs the Sarsarrum of everything going on in the Empire.

The Priesthood also regularly informs the Sarsarrum of the state of the Empire , though in a much different way.

The Sarsarrum , King of Kings , then gives out orders back to his Enalugals.

That makes ruling the Empire very efficient.

If you're wondering what our provinces look like, I made the effort to put it on the map for you.
>>
File: Colony-Province.gif (342KB, 972x1140px) Image search: [Google]
Colony-Province.gif
342KB, 972x1140px
>>213474
And ofc one for india as well
>>
>>213460
Like all religions , we have multiple holy sites.

Belphos is where Mesthur taught Man agriculture.

Sippar is where Nelpara met the birds and ascended.

Ur - the grand whore house of the Empire - is where Vahstara was born

Sarnath (not on the map) where Buddha first began his teachings.

Thumim where Sarilu ascended

Ashur where he destroyed the Persians

Tuskar where he resided and ruled in his life time.

and Akhetaton the city in which the Sun is born
>>
>>213474
Okay, I tuned into the second thread and now this one.
Finish Arabia and allow freedom of speech/religion if we don't already have it.
Expand as well into Indochina, We can open up trade routes and it will help supply our wealthy way of life.
Begin the great shrine in the city of Baghdad, and begin a canal through Suez.
>>
>>213505
What would you qualify as the "main" holy city?
>>
>>213515
Thumim because it's the Capital and the current Dynasty is directly descendant of Sarilu.
>>
File: image.jpg (5KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
5KB, 320x240px
>>213522
Build a second holy shrine there. Work on getting a massive source of water to the capitol and send for Jungle plants. We will make a rainforest in the capitol!
>>
>>213536
We have a canal running through the city
near immediate access to both Euphrates and Tigris
and an additional set of water reservoirs that are filled via a canal that leads from Lake Achilles to Thumim.
>>
Would be nice if you came to a conclusion soon lads.
>>
>>213510
supportin
>>
>>213856
I'll also support it, kinda-lewd anon from last thread reporting in!
>>
>>213510
>allow freedom of speech/religion if we don't already have it.
why?
>>
>>213920
I wonder that too, I mean we specifically reformed our religion , because people figured , freedom of religion doesn't work out so we have to force our faith on others.
>>
>>213510
>allow freedom of speech/religion if we don't already have it.
can we not do this
>>
I offer an alternative to this anon's plan (>>213510)

We do more or less everything mentioned EXCEPT the freedom of religion / speech bit.
>>
>>214029
this
>>
I've got an idea. We share many things with Rome and China, but one thing in particular is civilization. We three empires are civilization. All beyond us is barbarism, bar a few copycat cultures. All of us three have our parts of the world, and there is little sense in anything but peace. Rome has Europe and North Africa. China has China, Indochina and Indonesia, Kianur holds India and the Middle East. Of course expansion must be performed, but perhaps it is for the best to divide up the world. Rome may of course take the barbarian lands north of it, China all east of it, and Kianur the barbarians land on it's borders. We should all ensure that it is noted that Rome is the weakest of the parties here, while Kianur and China are perhaps closer in strength.

We need to stick to our religion. Gilgaram is paramount, not the god of some minor aramaic kingdom that has done little of relevance in the last millennia, and not whatever Islam becomes in this Scenario. If anything I think we should be going further for our religion. On that point, I've got an idea for a project.

So, somewhere near Thumim, we construct the Tutankaion, named for the founder of Annunakiminem. The Tutankaion will be a pilgrimage site, centrally located. It will consist of a huge temple-city, constructed of ever variety of stone in our empire. The greatest walls that may be built will be built, bigger than any ever before seen, in a great square. The city will have one gateway, and within will be a great number of gloriously beautiful structures, commemorating each Sarsarrum in turn, and the gods. The buildings will be coated in gems and precious metals, with great crafts from every corner of the empire.

In the centre of the city, a glorious domed citadel, impregnable to all but the greatest force, constructed of shining white marble and with great golden coated engravings all throughout it, showing holy scenes and representing the great kings. Within the great citadel will be a huge fortified temple, holding a titanic bronze and gold statue of Kianur, a glorious figure to represent the empire itself. The walls will be coated with gold and silver crafts of the greatest beauty. It will be dazzling to view, overwhelming in sheer beauty. This room will play host to pilgrims from all across the empire, but it is still but the lesser part of the construction. Below the statue will be a great library, perhaps the greatest, containing every book we may find, and a complete history of our empire, all engraved on metal tablets that will never rot. We will preserve all knowledge forevermore in bronze and Iron.

We will establish the Tutankaion as the central pilgrimage center of the empire, with every good Kianurite making the pilgrimage once in their lifetime, to hear sermons under the eyes of Kianur, administered by the final part of the site, the priesthood.

Cont.
>>
The greatest and most pious of our people will be granted homes in the city, and will act as it's custodians. They will be, in essence, warrior monks, preserving this centre of knowledge and pilgrimage for all time. Their heirs will follow them, and the line of temple-keepers will be eternal. In millennia to come, the shining Tutankaion will remain, preserved by thousands of perfectly devoted soldiers and the greatest fortifications known to man. This idea will only work if the most pious are employed, and their children are totally indoctrinated into the faith. If we want to leave a legacy, this is it. Archaeologists will not find this, Anthropologists will. It will stand, still glorious, even in the modern era, guarded by the most devoted, and some of the best trained soldiers ever known.

Some of the most devoted citizenry will be brought in to farm food for the city, and a great system of cisterns and aqueducts will feed it water. It's catacombs will contain enough resources to provide for it's custodians for as long a siege as any army may stand. A further idea is to ensure that each pilgrim brings a craft they personally have made to gift to the temple. It needn't be precious, simply the greatest thing they may craft. When scientists find this place and crack it open, they'll have a complete, perfectly preserved description of our culture and history. Ain't that cool.
>>
>>214029
Sounds good.
>>214042
>>214053
Ok, this doesn't just sound good. It sounds GREAT. We have to do this.
>>
>>214053
>>214042

That sounds legit like some of the coolest shit I've heard you guys come up with yet.

How about we'll make a multi-section post here.
You type out the event you just laid out in detail, in a fashion similar to mine, I'll follow it up with other Imperial stuff going on.

How bout it?
>>
>>214042
>>214053
I understand what you want anon but can think of a better location or two, those being;

1) The Himalayas and other such large mountainous regions. They are quite isolated and would therefore, not only be a hard pilgrimage, but also a extremely hard location for a sizeable force to reach.

2) The island to right of the southern tip of India. Thanks to it's relative isolation from everywhere but India, so long as our empire stands it will be secure. Plus the fact that it is currently lightly occupied, meaning we can turn the entire island into a perfect fort, city, library, temple and monument.

Not to mention that it is also connected to the mainland by a large steel bridge, really it makes sense we would place our greatest monuments close together.

Lastly, I feel we should focus on making it a centre for art, science and engineering. The focus of the place being, while our empire is still around, both independence from the rest of the empire in resources and economy while benefiting it in regards to it's general advancement.

Also I want it to contain some sort of grand garden of all the plants we can grow there. Filled with statues, fountains and such to display our greatness ever more proudly.
>>
>>214069
Sounds good to me. If we can't go full on with colonizing, we'd better at least have something to show for the riches of most of the known world.
>>
>>214077
Honestly I'm not sure if that Island even exists.

Now I know that sounds retarded, but it looks pretty big, too big to be left out of a map of india proper, and yet it isn't there.

So my guess is that it's probably an error.
>>
>>214086
I mean the island in the "Tamil" administrative area. As seen in this post (>>213478) by you.
>>
>>214093
Oh ok, I thought you meant the other southern tip of India , aka the border of the Middle-east map, which shows a huge island right off the coast of the Indus delta, that isn't on the other map.

But yeah, putting it on Sri Lanka is a great idea too, I mean we've already built a huge-ass world wonder there , we literally filled up the ocean, from the bottom to a few meters above sea-level, just to build a fucking road across.

Speaking of Tamil, we still have to name the goddamn cities.
>>
>>214093
I agree with the second point, but not Sri-Lanka. The monument represents the greatness of our empire, and it will be remembered by Kianurites, so it makes sense that it should be found in our heartland. Perhaps we make one for Pilgrims west of the Persian Wasteland in Sumeria, and another in Sri-Lanka, perhaps one to better represent India. That may lead to the Indian half of our empire feeling separate.
>>
>>214098

bhaile - Scottish Gaelic for "city"
>>
Ok so we agree on what's going to happen next, question is now where we gonna put the thing, so... what do you guys have in mind?
>>
>>214103
Thing is though, the reason why we are establishing this is to make something that will outlast our empire. If we place it in the middle east it may end up being conquered again and again by Christian crusaders, Islamic believers and other such groups.

Not to mention the fact that even if it doesn't get attacked by them. Chances are the Mongols or later the colonial nations of Europe will damage or destroy it for it's riches.
>>
>>214112
Where tigris and euphrates meets the ocean in the south. It's central enough to be easy to reach from anywhere in the empire. But not in the crosshairs of any potential invaders.
>>
>>214112
I say we put it at the mouth of the Euphrates. Accessible by pilgrims, fed with water and near our ancient capital. Keep in mind the sheer difficulty of assembly, such a great city will need easy access to the library of Thumim, and there would be losses moving that knowledge to Sri-Lanka, despite the bridge. Anyway, Sri-Lanka is perfect territory for another planned project, a great palace complex. This a temple to Gilgaram, and to Kianur, so it makes sense for it to be in the land Gilgaram reclaimed. Perhaps even build it upon the site Gilgaram fought his final battle.
>>
>>214133
You are aware we have no deity called Kianur, right?
We ARE the Kianur.
So if we were to erect a temple to ourselves, it would have to be heavily stylized.
A perfect human shape, with no face.
One for Men and one for Women.
>>
>>214140
Yeah, that was the idea. The main structure will contain a huge statue that represents our empire in human form. Perfect, flawless human form.

>>214121
>>214121
That's what the massive cohort of hereditary custodians is for. The Byzantines held Constantinople for their millennia, we can hold this vastly greater city for longer, with more men. If our religion survives, then there will always be pilgrimage to this site, and to be honest the crusaders only really went for Jerusalem, this is out of the way of holy sites. Perhaps the colonists will take the city, but Persia subsisted into the modern age. The Hagia Sophia remains in Istanbul. The temple may be diminished, even conquered, but it is the duty of it's custodians to hold it for as long as it may be held, hopefully until the enlightenment. If we play our cards right, when the city is taken by westerners, they'll have no interest in sacking it, only in studying it. If our religion survives, the city is essentially impregnable, and the people of India and the Middle east will hopefully be outraged if it is sacked. The mongols were more about submission and payment, the monks can certainly pay their city's ransom.
>>
>>214112
What I have in mind is a glimmering jewel in the (Southern Indian) ocean, solid tall walls, guarding ports of ships and towns of happy, zealous, well-fed, trained and educated people.

An entire Island designed from the ground up to be perfect. Streets perfectly straight, houses like great oaks sprouting from the ground, piercing the sky with their roofs. Endless farms, fed from cisterns and lined with roads, brimming with carts laden with produce.

A grand temple-library-capital-armoury-citadel-treasury-thing, surrounded by layers of defences, houses and gardens. The walls lined with our finest troops, garbed with the finest weapons and ready to fight to the last.

The whole capital-city designed with an unerring, unending, inhuman level of perfection. Surrounded by a perfect garden to rival that of Eden, yet better designed with no area lacking the water it needs to flourish. Green spreading like a miasma over the entire region, pollen filling the air as the faint trickle of water flows through beautifully carved fountains. Lighting reflecting off of the lakes and structures that dot the landscape, giving shade to all whom seek it.

With a zoo of every and anything from the entire empire that our descendants might know we were powerful enough to bring even the mightiest beast to this place.

That is what I see.
>>
File: sweat.gif (2MB, 320x181px) Image search: [Google]
sweat.gif
2MB, 320x181px
>>214160
Jesus, anon
>>
>>214173
I wrote lewd, now I write that shit. God help us all if I write something sad...
>>
>>214177
>imypling >>214160 isnt lewd as fuck
>>
>>214160
That sounds like a great new project, a new and great palace city, but I don't see why this construction needs to be in Sri-Lanka. It holds no importance to our empire, and it is remote for all of our population. If it's a pilgrimage site, then why put it at the ends of the earth?

I can understand the pleasing nature of putting all of our wonders on one island, but Sri Lanka is more significant as our furthest expansion, suitable for a great palace, but not really fitting for a place of religious significance and pilgrimage such as the Tutankaion.
>>
>>214180
I published it early cause I was worried the vote would conclude before I finished. You should see what I would have wrote given more time to just add detail after detail.

To give an example;

"The armour of the guard gilded with gold and inlays of bronze, displaying our grand reconquest of our homeland from the Persians..."
>>
File: 1377143465815.jpg (33KB, 324x289px) Image search: [Google]
1377143465815.jpg
33KB, 324x289px
>>214189
>>
>>214182
There are many reasons for choosing Sri-lanka;

1) It is isolated, which you consider a negative, but that means that it is secure from outside threats (read; Mongols, Huns, Chinese, Romans, Islam...) but it also means that it is a hard journey, thus it is a better pilgrimage to take for the difficulty to preform it.

2) Our transport network is the shit, so really any location is not really isolated but as locations go. Any major force that doesn't come from the ocean is going to be going through most of our empire. Thus it is most secure which contributes greatly to it's purpose.

3) The islands low population is what allows for the "perfect city" to be designed. As we don't need to include / build around organically built towns which are, by their nature, quite inefficient.

There are certainly more reasons I can think of but none come to mind with any degree of ease.
>>
When does the empire fall apart?
>>
>>214208
Sometime in the future. Certainly after we build this huge relic / monument / thing. We had a vote and it was agreed the empire wouldn't fall apart for now, that can change in future.
>>
>>214208
thanks to the last side-vote , never.
We're just gonna do it like China.
>>
>>214205
Fine. I just want to see it built. It saddens me that it's going to be so far from our Homeland, but fine.
>>
>>214263
Thing is we were once banished to our colonies in India, by all logic they can claim to be our "homeland". Even more so for the majority of our population.
>>
>>214205
I don't think we should build it in Sri-lanka. If we want people to visit it then it doesn't make sense to put it in the most remote corner of the empire.
>>
>>214271
We were banished to Hinnunaki, not Sri-Lanka. That would be a homeland of sorts, but not Sri-Lanka.
>>
>>214302
That is one of the uses of this place. The others are cultural preservation, wonder building, pride and such.

However you are still incorrect, as our transport network is genuinely good enough that this location isn't isolated from our populous.

>>214319
Which is an Indian territory of our empire. Where a large portion of the settlers of the rest of India came from. I choose Sri-Lanka not for that reason though but rather for it's security and the possibilities it represents.
>>
>>214371
I still feel putting a place this important cultural project with connections to our history and relgion in a land where we have done ABSOLUTELY NOTHING, doesn't make a lot of sense. If we wanted it in India then we would put it near where the first colonies were founded.

I didn't even know we had Sri Lanka until OP posted the regions map. Last I checked our maps of India it was still an independent area.
>>
>>214439
Ok, I went back and realised I missed an update or two last thread. Still, even with that bridge of ours I don't think Sri Lanka is worthy of a site such as this.
>>
>>214485
I agree, even if it is defensible it's not culturally significant enough.
>>
Ok so you guys want some culturally significant and defensible.

Why not put it somewhere in the middle of Persia.

Persia is a giant wasteland filled with mountains and ruins of a long dead Empire.

Since the whole deal with persia is what lead to the ascension of Sarilu , the place holds cultural significance , is right in the middle of our Empire , and has a strong defensive position.

Only downside is no water, BUT, we can make it work.
If you wanna go with that I'll surprise you with the method used.
>>
>>214496
Then we will make it culturally significant by doing so. All you plan to do is make a holy place more holy, to retread the grounds of our fathers is fine but to never expand on them is insane!
>>
>>214525
ye
>>214528
You can't just make a non-holy site holy.
>>
>>214534
You can, under false pretenses.

Byzantium wasn't a holy site to christianity, until the Romans made it one.

Same applies to Cologne and Santiago de Compostella - all of them are Christian holy sites, that had literally nothing to do with Christianity, until people decided they did.
>>
>>214543
Well it became the new capital of the Roman Empire so it makes sense they'd want to make it culturally and religiously relevant. But Sri Lanka is just some island, not even heavily populated like Cologne.
>>
>>214552
Santiago de Compostella is a holy site, literally because people thought it was the edge of the world.
People still go on pilgrimages there today.
>>
>>214564
But we know Sri Lanka isn't the edge of the world because we know China exists.
>>
>>214570
Point being, you can always bullshit up a reason to make something a holy site.
>>
>>214525
Persia sounds good. We've left it as a wasteland for long enough.
>>214528
We could. But this is a project unsuited for doing so.
>>
>>214525
yeah we can do persia
>>
>>214570
Sri lanka is the southern most known land mass, therefore the "end of the world". That a good enough reason for you?
>>
>>214635
no
>>
>>214525
I'm fine with that. It's centrally located, significant, defensible, and really a hassle for invaders to get to. Who the hell wants to trek through barren, uninhabited wasteland to take the most fortified city we can construct, while it's defended and can resist siege for several years. No matter the wealth. It'll be like Hattra. Multiple emperors tried, and none succeeded.
>>
>>214635
Sorry, but I think become pretty clear you're the only one here who want Sri Lanka.
>>
Well we have a winrar then I guess.
>>
>>214669
You say that as if you have performed a miracle. This is a republic and thus I would always have yielded to the majority.

I merely hoped to see Sri-Lanka made great again into a slice of heaven for the ages. If none shall support it won't occur.
>>
>>214647
well then don't imply that as a reason not to pick it.
>>
>>214762
I'm not trying to imply I've "preformed a miracle", or proclaim myself as any grand victor or anything like that. I'm just saying, this issue has been settled and that we should move on.

We can probably do something with Sri Lanka later. But this time our grand monument goes somewhere else. From the looks of things, that somewhere will be Persia.
>>
>>214803
I just love the idea of Sri-Lanka being a entire island-cum-city(-temple-garden-zoo-fort-library-treasury-thing) like a more impressive Atlantis.

I mean anon, I am not above bribery. If that is what it comes to.
>>
I have a bomb-ass idea for our next "bank blowing" wonder of the world if anyone's interested in backing it up.

I'll give you a bait taste: It involves our Himalaya province.
>>
After the great conference with the Han and the Romans , the priesthood has convinced the Sarsarrum to create a new temple , though our glorious has had a quite different vision.

He wants a new prestige project, one to demonstrate the true might of the Empire to the Romans and especially the Han.

He orders the construction of a Temple-fortress in the heart of what was once Persia.
A mighty City in the persian Mountains as a bulwark against Barbarians and Infidels.

The planning of the city took years.
So many in fact that our Sarsarrum did not live to see even the planning finished.

His son who is quite the artistic type, overhauls the entire project in it's infancy and orders something grand, something for the ages, for future generations to behold and feel the might of the Empire.

Three whole decades go into the planning and construction of the City without a name.
In it's center stands a monumental tower-temple that contains the entire knowledge of the Empire, every scientific, (that includes Philosophy and Theology) historical, cultural and religious Scripture in the civilized world, written in Bronze on sheets of Iron, bound in a cover of Gold and Lapis.

Guarded by 3 Golden statues.

On the Left and Right , the Statues of Mankind.
A Woman and a Man without faces , representing the perfect idealized shapes of each.
In the middle, towering above both of them, a Statue of the Gods.
The 4 lesser gods, Mesthur, Nelpara, Vahstara and Buddah, tiny in their appearance, kneeling before the mighty Sarilu - King of Gods, who towers over them in size and importance.

The city is enormous and stands atop a mountain, with a big ramp, leading all the way down into the valley.
The city has several layers of walls , each of which has only 1 Gate. Each of these gates stand on the opposite side of the previous one, to force enemies into running a circle within the city-walls.

Meanwhile, the inner most wall is connected to all the other ones via small bridges.

Each wall gets progressively higher as they go inward.

To secure a safe water supply, the Mathematicians of the Tutankaion have come up with an ingenious plan.

They extract water from the local lakes by using underground canals that the enemy is not aware of.

They all meet up in a gigantic reservoir the size of a lake , inside the mountain underneath the city.
The water gets up with the largest "Straw" pipe ever built.
It sucks up the water into the city-well, when air is pumped into it.

The City also provides it's own agricultural goods within the city walls.

With this, the City can withstand a siege virtually indefinitely.

Though not everyone can be a citizen of this mighty city, they have to be the most pious of commoners and clerics, and trained for warfare.

And while they may be forced to live the Monk life, they can however have families and are encouraged to do so, and pass on their practice to their off-spring to protect the city forever.

CUT
>>
>>214945

OP, how much wealth do we have right now?

I just want to calculate a monuments price in my head.
>>
File: Red-21.gif (2MB, 3419x2630px) Image search: [Google]
Red-21.gif
2MB, 3419x2630px
CONT

Pilgrims from all over the Empire make their way for this holy city almost every day since it was founded.

They go through the archives of the Tutankaion regularly in hopes of learning the secrets of the world, or simply to pass time.

Through all of these pilgrims eager to read, a shocking discovery was made.
A book appeared to be missing.

It's not like it was stolen, but rather, it doesn't exist even though it should.
Scholars all over the Empire are are in panic, where did this single book go?
What happened to the reports of the last expedition of Karna?

After thorough research, it turns out they never returned, they were lost and where ever they ended up in, are now dead for over a century.

No one knows where the lost expedition of Karna could have possibly ended up in, but speculations run wild.

No one is sure what to do.

What will the Sarsarrum do about this?
>>
Monumental construction sounds like the order of the day. China and Rome will not challenge us, so we may as well use our ridiculous amount of money and labour for fun. Carve statues into the Himalayas, build a palace city on Sri-Lanka, anything and everything. Modernity will look back at our glory and weep.
>>
>>214968
welp, see if we can find a copy in any of the libraries across the empire. Failing that look for the section of our maps that isn't covered by any other report or says "here there be dragons". Chances are they went there.
>>
>>214963
Honestly, no clue, we're pretty damn rich, considering the Silk-road trade we have going on.
Also, we have a tendency to cheat the economy either by faking records or pretend currency has a higher value than it actually does, to keep inflation artificially low.

I honestly can't tell you if we're doing that right now, but we did that shit in the past, like... alot.

Also this is it for today guys.
I'll be back tomorrow.
>>
>>214968

Run an empire wide contest.

Huge gold reward to ANY citizen who can solve the mystery.
>>
>>214968
Set a price for the return of the expeditions, or proof of their whereabouts. This both means we'll get our information, and have new explorers to update reports. In fact, commission new explorers. They go as south as south goes, along the coast of Africa, as north as north goes, past the great seas, as west as west goes, all throughout Rome, and as east goes, through the lands of the Han.
>>
>>214945
Name the city after the original name of our empire. I remember it began with an A.
>>214968
Send a new expedition, and if that expedition fails to return as well, then send an army.
>>
>>214989
We already named it.
>>
>>214994
Just noticed that. Read that it was called a nameless city earlier in the post and jumped the gun.
>>
>>213920
Why not? Public approval will skyrocket and it will prevent tensions with Christians/Jews/Muslims.
>>
>>215902
Weren't the Jews part of the reason we stopped being so lax with our religion? Or am I misremembering things?

I seem to recall them being impossibly inflexible about their one god and all that.
>>
File: image.jpg (518KB, 1649x1987px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
518KB, 1649x1987px
>>216151
Okay
Make it illegal to force religion down people's throats. If they whine, we'll see what happens.
If we know what year it is, wait for the Western Roman Empire to fall and begin conquest of Libya. In the mean time however, take the Arab peninsula. I heard there's a strange black liquid there that maybe we can sell as cheap liquor to Rome?
Also a few questions so I can catch up on history from the past few threads
>Year
>Serfdom status
> Current issues with the Han and East and West Roman Empires
> Do we have any use for oil besides ugly black water in caves?
> What is our primary language nowadays?
>>
>>216178
It's 150 BC
Rome is still a Republic, though Empire sized.
We have no quarrels with Rome or China.

We don't believe in slavery, castes, feudalism or anything of the likes.

We do have our own oil, it kinda comes out on it's own in some places in Anatolia, and we use it for Greek fire - aka ancient Napalm.

We speak Annunoan, Hinnunaki, Egyptian, Aramaic, Sanskrit, Tamil, Hittite, Median, Afghan, informal Annunaki, formal Annunaki (Simplified) and formal Annunaki (Traditional)

Annunoan is spoken in Annunoa and Lydia
Hittite is spoken in Hatti
Egyptian is spoken in Egypt
Aramaic is spoken in the Levant
informal Annunaki is spoken in Annunakiminem, Caucasia, Akkadia and Sumeria.
Median is spoken in Media and Tiz
Afghan is spoken in Bactria and Persia
Hinnunaki is spoken in Hinnunaki and Sindhu
Tamil is spoken in Tamil
Sanskrit is spoken in the rest of Hindustan
formal Annunaki is our official language, the simplified version is spoken in the entire Empire, no exception. The traditional version is spoken in all government offices and Annunakiminem.
>>
>>215902
There are no Christians or Muslims. Jews exist as a tiny, tiny minority in our Empire.

The Public is mostly of our religion, every person is semi-indoctrinated through several years of mandatory education, so public approval will not change much if we allow the tiny minorities to practice their religions.
>>
remove jewbab

instigate a sense of disgust and shame on minority religions that don't have a connection with our main religion, catholism style
>>
Ok for the record, you guys want to find the lost expedition yes?
>>
>>216797
Yes, none of this religious freedom stuff.
>>
>>216797
Yes. While we got sidetracked discussing other things I think everyone wanted to find the expedition, one way or another.
>>
The Sarsarrum orders the formation of a new Grand-expedition.

400 Tamtubaltus are loaded with supplies and 2800 Adventurers, eager to explore the world.

They sail to Han.
From Han to the Southern tip of Egypt
from Egypt back up to Rome
and from Rome they make a treacherous journey through a frozen sea that has not been previously mapped, all the way back to Han.

On their final trip back home , they got off-course however and discovered a whole new world.
A gigantic desert to the south, seemingly devoid of life.
Could this be where the lost expedition went?

They get off board and look around.
The locals don't appear to be of much help.
They are the least civilized barbarians we have ever encountered.

The expedition finally returns home with these news.
However, they could not find the lost expedition.

Odds are, they never landed anywhere and just sunk to the ocean.
Uncomfortable as this thought might be, it is the closest thing to a clue we have about their whereabouts.

After this expensive and disappointing mission, what else is there left to do?

( oh yeah guys btw, you can also vote on time skips if things are getting too stale. I know I've been doing them myself when absolutely nothing was left to do, but ya know, democracy and shit)
>>
>>216886
To ensure that future expeditions will be successful, we should focus on making faster, more durable, and all around more reliable sea vessels. And then we begin an age of exploration, the sea to the south cannot stretch out forever, so we shall find what lies beyond it in all directions!
>>
>>216886
So they sailed to China, then to Egypt, then around Africa and to Europe, and then round the arctic sea to China. I assume we discovered Africa?

We should begin a new military campaign. Send one army south along the Nile to Punt, and another along the southern coast of Arabia. Conquer that peninsula, and conquer all along the Nile to Punt.
>>
>>216922
We call the entirety of Africa "Egypt" in case you missed that in the previous thread.
The previous expeditions didn't sail around the Arctic sea, but they mapped out the entire old world excluding Australia.
And guess what the new expedition just found.
>>
>>216929
Well that's good. Time for colonies then. We need all of that precious Malaysian spice.
>>
>>216929
Oh, so we've found Australia? That changes things. TIME TO CLAIM IT!
>>
thread's bein a wee bit slow today... would be nice if it wasnt.
>>
>>217156
While we wait for things to pick up, could you post the latest screencap of the entire history of our empire? Would probably be good for anyone new who want to catch up on what they have missed.
>>
>>217156
I could write more lewd implications or details for various things, like our armies or our cities. I could attempt our navies but I lack anything to really describe them with.

Failing that I will just write in greater detail about what I want to do with Sri-Lanka in future.
>>
>>217230
Well I do have a big Military update in mind, depending on how fast my friend is with drawing stuff, it'll be there in a few days, probably around the time the next thread starts.
>>
>>216922
seconding
>>
>>217255
So I wrote a thing. It's about what I imagine the leader of our "guardians" of our fort-city-temple place looks like.

The chief guardian's armour shone with golden inlays, bronze talismans and carvings made into the dull steel background, like a beautiful sunset on a lake. He wore a cloak of a hippo's hide, capable of deflecting quite a blow while looking stylish, the bottom and neck of it ringed in fur for warmth. His legs are thick like the mountains, their surface presents a dull shine of their stony steel that look as solid as the city walls, yet he manoeuvres with a grace befitting of a masterful warrior. Strong, imposing yet silent and certainly coordinated.

His helm, made also of steel, bore a mighty plume of a red coloured silk-like fibres and had signs of battles long since gone. A part here far newer than the rest, another where the metal is flat from being beaten back into shape and the guard wearing it stares intently through it as if challenging the whole world. To what, looking at his physique, would be a close fight.

His sword, though chipped from battle, is a work of art. The pommel, shaped into a serpent snakes it's way up the handle forming a hand-guard with eyes of jade and defined scales along it's whole length. The perfectly straight blade, dull in colour like the trunk of a mighty oak tree, seems to be the length of my arm yet he hefts it with ease like it weighs no more than a feather. Along the entirety of the blades sides there prayers to the gods set in copper.

His shield was marred with pockmarks and dents from arrows and blows blocked by it's finely crafted steel around the edge of which scenes set with bronze displayed the sights of the conquest of the Persians. Towards the centre was a face of the god-emperor from days past, his chiselled face staring at any enemy to face him making them cower with fear.

He is our grandest guardian yet he only one of many to walk such a path. Not the first and certainly not the last.

What do you think?
>>
>>217379
Fuck, noticed inconsistent phrasing of time. Here is the fixed version...

The chief guardian's armour shone with golden inlays, bronze talismans and carvings made into the dull steel background, like a beautiful sunset on a lake. He wore a cloak of a hippo's hide, capable of deflecting quite a blow while looking stylish, the bottom and neck of it ringed in fur for warmth. His legs are thick like the mountains, their surface presents a dull shine of their stony steel that look as solid as the city walls, yet he manoeuvres with a grace befitting of a masterful warrior. Strong, imposing yet silent and certainly coordinated.

His helm, made also of steel, bore a mighty plume of a red coloured silk-like fibres and had signs of battles long since gone. A part here far newer than the rest, another where the metal is flat from being beaten back into shape and the guard wearing it stares intently through it as if challenging the whole world. To what, looking at his physique, would be a close fight.

His sword, though chipped from battle, was a work of art. The pommel, shaped into a serpent snakes it's way up the handle forming a hand-guard with eyes of jade and defined scales along it's whole length. The perfectly straight blade, dull in colour like the trunk of a mighty oak tree, seems to be the length of my arm yet he hefted it with ease like it weighed no more than a feather. Along the entirety of the blades sides there were prayers to the gods set in copper.

His shield was marred with pockmarks and dents from arrows and blows blocked by it's finely crafted steel around the edge of which scenes set with bronze displayed the sights of the conquest of the Persians. Towards the centre was a face of the god-emperor from days past, his chiselled face staring at any enemy to face him making them cower with fear.

He is our grandest guardian yet he only one of many to walk such a path.
>>
>>217395
Yes. This is good.
>>
>>217422
Amazing what one can do in a little under an hour.
>>
>>216886
I think we should just let the economy and the arts flourish for a while. Only intervene if necessary.
Basically time skip, probably until Christ's Birth.
>>
>>217633
I feel that could work, assuming we just have our people science the shit out of everything.
>>
>>217638
But we're already the most technologically advanced in the world and we just proved that we are the ubermensch by building a fortress-temple-city that is protected by the most devout and fanatical of our religion.
We need culture and arts, once everyone else catches up to us in technology we can focus on it again.
>>
>>217656
We aren't really that advanced rather we are just so vast that even our inefficient techniques are usable thanks to sheer force of numbers.

I just want windmills, waterwheels and clock-towers in every major town is that too much to ask?
>>
>>217672
Just a tad. While all that may be a bit much, it's certainly worth working on improving our infrastructure.
>>
>>217672
hold on there lad, that's a bit expensive.We don't have any need for more efficiency because we don't have capitalism and we're pretty protectionist so we don't really need to compete with foreign industry. The only way we would have more efficiency is if we became the capitalism. Which while it makes me moist, we should not do because if we did it would destroy the timeline. Even more than we already have.
>>
>>217706
Do you know what infrastructure is?
It's the Organization of buildings, and in that we are the best.
We have sky scrapers thanks to our architectural skills, and overpopulation
>>
>>217716
improve hortonomical areas of architecture, best way of art and recognition has always been luscious, well maintained and sculpured gardens and public parks garden architect postain
>>
Alright. making the suggestion that we conquer Arabia and Punt.
>>
>>217710
Efficiency is always useful, a surplus of food will bring prosperity. Especially in these times.
>>217888
Personally I would suggest more colonies so we can meet more people and gain more knowledge. Else taking punt might very well be worth the effort. Not sure why we would want Arabia though.
>>
>>218101
Efficiency causes WWI
>>
>>218101
Arabia produces incenses and other rare trade goods, and it seems inappropriate to allow such a hive of barbarians to dwell in the very heartland of Kianur. Surely it is our ''duty'' to civilize them. Even if only to prove our strength to our contemporaries, and to amass some experience for our army.
>>
>>218386
Colonies are good too, but Arabia will be rather easy to take, and expansion in Africa will be easier once we have Punt.
>>
What will we do once Christianity starts?
>>
>>218774
We will leave them in the middle east, maybe just kind of tell them we don't really care so long as they respect our religion.
>>
>>218774
It's probably not going to do very well. Christianity prospered in the lower classes of Roman Society, we don't really have that. Everyone is educated, well fed and generally happy. Besides, we got on the indoctrination train very early.
>>
>>218805
For now. If Rome invades us after the empire starts, that may all change. I want that huge temple in the huge city in the center of the empire to be a church someday.
>>
>>218876
Rome would struggle to make us budge, as we outnumber them quite severely and outclass them in regards to their strength (heavy infantry).
>>
>>218890
Now they do, but Augustus strengthened the military and made it more professional.
>>
>>218916
True as that may be our armed forces wear full body steel armour unlike the Roman legions.

Not to mention all of the other things we can do if we ever even suspect the Romans are about to war with us. I mean, we have all of the knowledge of most of the world up until now. I swear we must have found napalm sometime ago.
>>
>>218916
We also hold all of Rome's best land. Their Empire will never be anything compared to what it was in real life, and as a result they can never challenge us. I'd really prefer that we stick to our religion, rather than switching to Christianity or Islam.
>>
>>218946
>>219013
True, true, but we can't know for sure that we will be as good as we are now. A civilization falls anyway. Also while we may have the best infantry, Rome has a better navy, so we shouldn't underestimate them if a war occurred.
>>
>>219169
they can have the best navy ever if we have good forts and a larger navy.
>>
>>219169
We are just entirely supreme. We've lasted fine for the last few hundred years, and we've only ever lost anything to historical conquerors, all of whom we've been given a chance against. We always come out on top, and this time it's unlikely Rome will even try, or if ti does that it will get anywhere. We will not lose anything major, we have so much wealth that Rome could take all of Anatolia, and it would change almost nothing. We have the entirety of India and Persia as a war chest.

If Rome provides any real challenge for any significant amount of time, I'll be surprised.
>>
>>219232
That is true, not to mention we could just ask china for some troops in exchange for money and the problem solves itself.
>>
>>219263
But what if China sides with Rome? They really seemed to like them during the meeting.
>>
>>219307
and they respect us, it is unlikely any of these events will come to pass and even if they do I have plans...
>>
>>219307
Hey, if the Kingdom on one side of the world decides to join with the empire on the other end, then we handle one and then handle the other, because they can't exactly march through Siberia to link up.
>>
>>219359
Actually, we do have a border with the Han, so it's possible but unlikely
>>
>>219422
I'm aware, but they would either have to walk through Tibet and Siberia, or through our Empire, through all of India, The Burned remains of Persia, and our entire heartland. I think we'd come out on top.
>>
File: Soldier.png (26KB, 846x673px) Image search: [Google]
Soldier.png
26KB, 846x673px
>>218946
They don't wear full-body steel.

Only Mail (no arms), and Helmet
the rest is cloth
as seen in this beautiful hand-drawn MS paint equipment of our Heavy infantry.

I have another set of Armor for them, but until the military update they still wear this.
>>
>>220407
>supposed to be straight
>>
b0ss can I habe de decision plis?
>>
File: everest.jpg (435KB, 1743x1162px) Image search: [Google]
everest.jpg
435KB, 1743x1162px
>>221225

I don't know about the others, but I want as a side action to make a new "mega-monument".

Lets build a massive salt-quarry/mining city/market out of that really big mountain in the Himalaya province.

Erebor.
>>
>>221255
Sounds good, but I'm saying we should conquer Along the Nile to Punt and Conquer Arabia. Found new fortress cities in the taken land and begin civilizing the barbarians, and then we can do the massive trade city in a mountain next. Make a third wonder of our world.
>>
>>221255
Oh, also, we need to put a golden statue of Gilgaram on the peak of the highest mountain we can climb without dieing due to lack of oxygen, with a plaque upon it bearing a full map of our empire, and an inscription detailing that the Children of Gilgaram have come as close as they may to their great father in the heavens.
>>
>>221280
Arabia is a worthless wasteland tho, also remember Islam has to happen, so unless you want to threaten the whole Empire with Muhammed's shitfest, it's better to leave him alone and just conquer Arabia for himself.
>>
>>221284

It's actually possible to climb Erebor without oxygen. Granted, it's a ridiculous athletic feat, but it's possible.
>>
>>221285
That's one of the things I'm worried about. If we leave Mohamed to grow in Arabia then he may actually challenge us, and we're going to be hit hard by the Justinian plague just before that happens. If Arabia is to be left, at least take Punt.
>>
>>221285
Could we support his conquest in exchange for him leaving us alone?

Also, what will our army be wearing once you get round to the update?
>>
>>221349
Full body steel mail, made of small plate sections (no tempered steel, no big plate sections, just fyi)

also new swords , shields and color scheme.
>>
>>221359
How close was I with my description? (>>217395)
>>
File: Soldier 2.png (45KB, 973x940px) Image search: [Google]
Soldier 2.png
45KB, 973x940px
>>221372
considering every steel armor looks the same in the grand scheme of things , I'd say pretty far off.

I can show you the rough design, but it will get remastered by someone with decent drawing skills for the military update.
>>
>>221394
Thing is though, I wasn't doing one of our standard troops. I was doing the leader of the "Guardians" (a thing i call the guard's of the temple-city-library-thing we built) and thus imagined their armour would be quite decorated or at least much more fancy.

Also that curved sword annoys me along with the fact we aren't using either tower-shields or Round-shields. Admittedly though I still think we need improve our armed forces quite aggressively.
>>
Oh, one more side action:

Lets send a scouting party south along the east coast of Egypt. Preferably until they literally HAVE to turn back.
>>
>>221411
Round shields are shit tier
tower-shields are too defensive , and also we're using them right now and continue until the update.

Generally the new set is entirely laid out in the name of offense and supposed to represent every major culture in our Empire.

The Sword is Bengali
the Armour is a mix of Persian, Arabian and Punjab
The Shield is Greek
The Colors are Annunakiminite

And all of them combined make the Heavy infantry of the future.
>>
>>221424

Is the update soon?
>>
Do we have a flag/royal standard and a seal/coat of arms? It would be pretty interesting to see what it would look like. Conquering wise, we should conquer Punt and Arabia and genocide the Bedouins and replace them with our people. Let's also get into the East Indies to get into the sweet spice trade. We should take a break from monuments for now.
>>
>>221424
I get the feeling this'll turn out like the F-35 of it's time. I do have ideas of how to improve them beyond that, mostly by learning from other nations (like the romans).
>>
>>221435

If I were to get a friend to make one for us, what would all have to be included on it?
>>
>>221430
it comes when i have the redrawn version.

Also to explains a little bit on the functionality of our weapons.

See , curved swords are ok at cutting, but what they're really good at is stabbing.
That may sound counter intuitive, but the physics behind it are real.
Stabbing is the most important aspect in offensive combat, since Plate mail is susceptible to stabbing attacks, as you can just simply pierce the wearer through the weak points of the mail.

The rectangular kite shield here is supposed to provide you with as much protection as possible, while also keeping it light and granting you the ability , to stab people with the tip of your shield, turning it into another offensive weapon.

Lastly, plate Mail is effective against every type of weapon, except Maces and Stabbing swords.
You would think a Spear is effective here, but it isn't, the tip is too big to make it through the gaps.
The Mace is just going to fuck your shit up because of kinetic energy not giving a single fuck for your defense.
And well stabbing swords I just explained why they fuck your shit up.

Also DBZ style shoulder-guards to look cool and intimidating.
>>
>>221413

> contacting the Zulu and/or Madagascar

> dope af
>>
>>221444
That's why I'm asking. We need more culture and symbols to associate ourselves with. The only culture we have is our religion really.
>>
>>221462

Well, we'll soon have The Lonely Mountain.
>>
File: Hippo.png (15KB, 820x560px) Image search: [Google]
Hippo.png
15KB, 820x560px
>>221444

Well since you got some nice trips there, I'll let you remake our flag.

See, we made this coat of arms pretty damn early, when Hippos were everything on people's minds and we didn't have enough history to put any more symbolism than the color red in there.

So, I'll tell you a bit about our Symbols and you decide what to make of it.

First off : Colors

Red is the color associated with our People
Gold is the color associated with Sarilu and the Sarsarrums
White is the color associated with War and Steel and the Sun (so basically, the Sun is a symbol of war)
Blue is the color associated with our homeland Mesopotamia - representing tigris and euphrates
Green is the color associated with India, because when we first settled there, first thing we saw was Jungles.

Now we get to Animals.

Hippos are a symbol of Power and Peace
Horses are a symbol of Speed and Endurance
Dogs are a symbol of Loyalty and Courage
Birds are a symbol of Freedom and Wisdom
Pigs are a symbol of Adaptability and Strength
Elephants are a symbol of Intelligence and Individuality
Camels are a symbol of Reliability and Friendship

We haven't actually had any relation to inanimate objects other than iron ore so far, so there's no 3rd category to be found here.

So yeah, there's lotsa culture in our people, it's just not that obvious if you're reading the story casually.
That is also why China and Rome have trouble with understanding it as well, they just can't see a Culture if it isn't obvious as all hell and right in your face about everything.
>>
>>221478

Graphically, it can be improved but I think it's actually good as it stands.
>>
>>221483
Well, so far our Coat of arms and Flag have been one and the same thing, so, since you like our Coat of arms, you can just visually improve it and then give us a proper flag, how bout that?

Also no one's forcing you to do the Tri-color scheme we use today, you can do whatever format you want, just keep it clear and strongly symbolic, not an incoherent mess like say, Uganda (even though it only uses 3 colors)
>>
>>221483

Just make the hippo blue and red, with a green and mostly white background. Big sun in the background.

That's my final decision.
>>
>>221497
well see, I wanted to paint the Hippo red originally, but guess what it does?
The Pixel thing.
So I can't really do shit here.
>>
>>221497

Then again, maybe that's too many colors.

I'll have to get back to you on that unless the others like my original idea.

Lets just get that update done and move on.
>>
I suggest we make our flag like our shield, but with our big temple monument in Persia in the center. The ratio should be 3:5
>>
>>221505
It's not about the amount of colors, it's about whether they're all memorable when put together.

Which, IRL, is the easiest with the Tri-color Scheme.
But that hasn't been invented yet, that actually first happens during the French revolution.

I mean the U.S has 3 colors going on, and they're all a mess, yet the mess is still recognizable and that makes it a strong symbol.

Compare that to New Zealand.
are you able to tell New Zealand apart from Australia on the first glance? Probably not, because it's messy and uninspired.

What makes you able to tell Germany apart from Belgium?
They're both inspired and clean, even though they use the exact same colors and the tri-color Scheme.
Difference is - one is side-ways the other isn't.

It's a bit complicated, but TL;DR A flag has to grab your attention.
>>
>>221529

Update when?
>>
>>221648
Next update is when you agree on something
Military update is when my friend finished her drawing
Flag and Coat of Arms update is when you guys do it.
I gave you all the information required.
>>
We should domesticate gorillas/chimps and use them for warfare.
>>
>>221669
I doubt we know any of these Animals.
I mean there should be some kind of Monkeys in India, but still.
>>
>>221652

We agreed on breaking the bank and making another mega-monument.

>>221255

I voted for this also and no one seemed to oppose it:

>>221413

Anything else you need OP?

(invent falconry on the side)
>>
>>221669

We are nowhere close to the area where those live (yet).

>>221652

So, when are you wifeing this female friend of yours?
>>
>>221714
No, just no.
>>
File: 1462329005011.jpg (38KB, 476x599px) Image search: [Google]
1462329005011.jpg
38KB, 476x599px
>>221719
What are you? Gay?
>>
>>221693
We should take a break from monuments. They are pretty useless and we have enough already. Focus on taking Punt and Arabia for resources like ivory and oil for Greek Fire. Arabia is separated from us by a desert so indoctrination will be harder, so we should genocide the Arabs and Bedouins and replace them with our people, or we can rigorously indoctrinate them into our religion and culture. The resources from Punt and Arabia can be used to advance our military.
>>
>>221782

We can't take Arabia because we need Islam to form. Also, the Everest project isn't just a monument, it's an actual economic upgrade.
>>
>>221795
Why do we need Islam to form? Are you guys secret Muslims? Also how is the project an Economic advantage?
>>
>>221800

If Islam doesn't form, we risk breaking the Western timeline too much.

The project is an economic advantage because it'll be a salt/ore mine, and Not!Lonely Mountain market.

Can you imagine the wealth we'd get from taking EVERYTHING Everest holds inside?
>>
>>221800
Islam has to form so the west can rise.
>>
>>221810
Ok, I get how Everest is an economic advantage, but I feel like we shouldn't be making decisions with what happens in the future. Islam wouldn't really form anyway, because our religion would dwarf out Judaism and Christianity, and Islam was built upon those religions. Also without Islam, feudalism may not have formed, thus the West would rise faster.
>>
>>221859
except feudalism is required for the kind of west we want and need as we are attempting to not alter the course of history regarding europe.
>>
Ok guys for real now.
What is the final decision?
>>
OP?

We've decided:

>>221693
>>
>>222084
>>222086

Sorry that we're not as smooth as you want us to be OP.

Also, how's bae doing?
>>
>>222086
>>222107

RIP in peace.
>>
>>221693
>making another mega-monument.
why?
>>
File: Colony-10.gif (224KB, 972x1140px) Image search: [Google]
Colony-10.gif
224KB, 972x1140px
The Sarsarrum receives word of some Hindustani expedition finding a gigantic mountain in the Himalayas.

The Sarsarrum sends investigators to find these explorers to they can show him that mountain personally, as Mathematicians are suspecting that this mountain may be larger than any we have ever seen.

After the explorers were found , they take the Sarsarrum and his team of mathematicians to this mountain.

They use their tools to measure the distance between them and the Mountain to figure out how huge it really is.

Their calculations suggest that this massive mountain is in fact, 29,030 ft tall.

They dub it Anukur Sarilu.

The Sarsarrum in awe of this mighty mountain, decides to lay the foundation for a city at it's foot.
Lots of funds are poured into construction work and bringing people to the city.

A Trade-based Fortress city emerges out of this construction project, one that mines the local minerals out of the Mountains.

While we do have a lot of salt available, it's usually impure and doesn't taste very good.
This mountain salt however, has whole other properties, people love it and the city makes some huge profits.
And they better be, this project, together with other maniacal displays of power, have bankrupted the Empire.

The Sarsarrum is perhaps the most unpopular and hated man the world has ever seen.
Thanks to him, the people live in an unprecedented state of poverty, rivaled only by the dark age of Barbarism prior to Tutankai the Conqueror.

A storm is brewing and many pretenders to the throne have risen.
Cultural and linguistic differences in the Empire become more and more apparent, to a point where our subjects are openly discriminating each other based on their origin.

Even the Romans have become aware of our Situation, and have set their greedy eyes on the rich Provinces of Lydia, Hatti, Egypt and Annunoa.

On a more friendly note, what's our new trade-fortress called?

(I need 8 fucking names right now, because none of you have given me a name for the 7 cities in Tamil)
>>
>>2f22233
Diuah
Arakesh
Bo-tan
Nep-tal
Jen-sei
Bo-ka

There is a few names for you
>>
>>222233

Send merchant scouts in two directions:

1. Even farther east.

2. As far down south from Egypt as we can go.
>>
>>222325
Ok what the fuck.
Have you missed the thread in which we clarified that doing literally nothing but explore and trade, is as retarded as indefinite expansion and that we should avoid doing that monotonous bullshit at any given time?
>>
>>222233
I would suggest that we focus on improving the economy, sending assassins to eliminate the pretenders and lastly preforming cultural exchange programs between different cultures and regions.

Failing the success of all this we will simply have to go with plan B and form into something like the HRE. Multiple divided states unified together to resist bigger neighbours.
>>
>>222352

My deepest apologies. I missed that moment.

Ignore my vote.
>>
>>222365
No no, it's ok, we need expansion, trade and exploration every once in a while.
But at this point it just triggers me, even when we need it.
>>
btw guys, I have a suggestion to make regarding the name of Africa.

So since we speak Sumerian and the sumerian word for Egypt is Magan , and we call Africa Egypt.

Wouldn't it make sense for us to call Egypt Egypt and Africa Magan?

Also we still need at least 2 more names for indian cities.
>>
>>222379

Here's an edited trigger-free version:

Lets set up "goods and currency transfer booths" around our Indian border, especially near Anukur Sarilu. This will attract local non-empire tribes and nations, bring in revenue, and form a positive public perception of "the project".

> captcha mountains
>>
>>222425

THAT, or we form "The Bank of Empires". where we share portions of our tech and wealth to surrounding barbarians in exchange for future payment.
>>
>>222451
We could equip the poor with the needed tools to colonise new lands and send them forth, to build new economies and therefore boost our economy...

However I feel we must eliminate the pretenders, as they are one of the few major risks we face.
>>
We must eliminate the pretenders first and foremost, and then ensure that the Sarssarum passes the throne stably onto an Heir that is better liked. It would be better to lose all of Hindustan than lose our Cohesion. No man is Judaean, No man is Hindustani, all men are Kianurite. Redouble our efforts for cultural unity, and most importantly use all available state funds to pay for relief efforts. The Sarssarum does not deserve his crown in the people starve.

Oh, also, as a unifying method, raise troops from every province and mix them together. Every squad will consist of men from different places, and their brotherhood will be carried home. In the meantime, Garrison the borders with Rome. We will not let these barbarians, who were ruling a single city when we vanquished Persia, who's founder had not yet fled from Troy when we were a thousand years old, defeat us.
>>
>>222515
>all available state funds
funds?
What funds?
We're bankrupt.
>>
>>222533
well then we solve that the way we solved it last time, institute the old government labour scheme again and use it to create jobs, to consume products and lastly to create colonies in new areas which will experience greatly lowered taxation.
>>
>>222233
Call the mountain city Anukurshahar, which comes from "Anukur" from the mountain's name, and "shahar", the Hindu word for city
>>
>>222556
That worked last time because we had unemployment.
But since we kept the program intact ever since, there is no unemployment, every is just really piss poor, mad and about to follow their local usurper to get rid of the hated emperor.

If you want to know how bad the situation is, it's Sengoku Jidai bad.
>>
>>222574
Advertise great opportunities in the East Indies for spice and exotic places and sell access for ships. Make our citizens conquerors while we get some money back. Also, I told you all the monument would be useless, but you didn't listen.
>>
>>222574
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&ved=0ahUKEwij1KDioo_NAhVr5YMKHVNoCssQFggcMAA&url=https%3A%2F%2Fen.wikipedia.org%2Fwiki%2FSengoku_period&usg=AFQjCNGkpChzksQGf97Y-4ssLi09Rhy1LA

well shit what do we do
>>
>>222601

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sengoku_period
>>
>>222574
Jesus-on-a-bike-christ that is bad!

Okay here is what we are going to do.

1) These pretenders are to be assasinated, proved guilty of crimes, heresy or anything that will remove them from positions of power.

2) The Sarssarum is going to cut back on his everything; food, drink, art, women, entertainment and everything else is now going to be "bread and water" so to speak.

We will make sure people are aware of him, not, living a luxurious life at their expense. He should also try to go and talk with his people.

3) Those pretenders we can't remove by that method will suddenly be found to be perfect for the job of leading a colonial expedition.

4) We will begin creation of new colonies anywhere we can. Generally just to create a market for goods and such.

5) (anything anyone else wishes to add to this plan within reason)
>>
>>222615
You know, all these plans, they can't obviously all succeed, so I'll be literally rolling dice to decide what passes and what backfires.
>>
>>222601
After money is retrieved the spices and resources that flow back to our empire will increase quality of living as we use the money to do what this post (>>222515) says.
>>
>>222632
Mate, to be frank, so long as the pretenders are dead. The people don't think their king has his face in some costly-food or tit and there is a growing market for goods then everything should improve.

However looking at the Wikipedia page some things occurred to me;

5) Allow for greater social mobility form the government side of things.

6) Cut expenditure where possible.

7) Marry the family of the strongest pretender into our own. That way "his family" may rule without us going through a bloody civil war.
>>
>>222658
define social mobility
>>
>>222632
We should stress above all killing the pretenders, visiting people, and living modestly to look human to the people. We need to give the people hope that things will be better.
>>
>>222666
>666
Ok, thanks Satan.
>>
>>222658
>7) Marry the family of the strongest pretender into our own.
no
>>
>>222662
The ease with which an individual may move from a low social class to a higher one.

I see your point but must admit a lack of focus leading to me not thinking that through. We can't really effect it, forget that point.
>>
>>222666
Double satanic trips checked.
>>
>>222666
>>222704

Eat it OP!

We live another day!
>>
File: 1419935389769.jpg (26KB, 367x500px) Image search: [Google]
1419935389769.jpg
26KB, 367x500px
Turn the capital in to a dreamland of art and culture and let the empire turn in Sengoku Jidai.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mh5LY4Mz15o
>>
>>222732
nice to see you work out how to use your camera.
>>
>>222734
thanks senpai
>>
>>222666

It will be better.

We are literally turning MT-FRICKEN-EVEREST into a mine.

The moment those doors are open, the money will explode through the roof.
>>
>>222741
It will be, assuming our empire doesn't fall apart.
>>
>>222755
We can keep the empire together just by doing this
>>222666
>>
you guys are fucking boring.
>>
>>222811
I find this entertaining, if you don't feel free to leave.
>>
>>222819
The thing is, I like this quest and I don't think a new one would take off. But like, just because things like rebellions happen doesn't mean we lose, lost territory can be regained quite easily as we saw with Persia.
>>
File: Civilization.png (31KB, 1357x628px) Image search: [Google]
Civilization.png
31KB, 1357x628px
>>222850

Hey man, I love this quest AND would participate in another if you started one.
>>
The Sarsarrum tries his best to contain the situation by ordering the many usurpers to be assassinated, but this only riles up the people even more, especially the few cases where the plan succeeds, people are tripping over themselves to be outraged and offended over the tyrannical ways of the Sarsarrum.

The Sarsarrum tries playing himself down as a humble being, but deep down he really is just an overgrown child, obsessed with glory that his forefathers had, that he will never obtain.

The Empire slips out of his grasp.

In Ecbatana, a man called Rimush has declared himself Sarsarrum of Media, claiming Media, Persia, Tiz and Bactria for himself.

In Babylon, the brothers Zambiya and Dagan have declared themselves Enkis of Sumeria and Akkad.

Arabia is lost to invading Bedouins.

Lydia, Egypt, Hatti and even Annunoa, are lost to the Romans.

Caucasia falls into Barbarism.

Hinnunaki declares itself independent under the rule of the Enalu Ilishu.

Bengalia rises to prominence, after declaring itself independent and conquering Maurya under the leadership of Enki Ishme.

The rest of the Empire, sinks into chaos, most people don't have the luck to be part of one of the new Kingdoms, they become City-states instead, hundreds of them, each fighting for supremacy of what was once Kianur - the holy empire of mankind.

Annunakiminem itself is split between Media, Akkad and Rome.

Thumim itself became a City-state like most of the Empire's cities.

These are our darkest days.
A dark age of strive has descended upon us.

The youngest daughter of the Sarsarrum - Ishtara - has fled to the open sea with her lover, whom her father forbid to see, for he was just a commoner.

Now though, with nowhere to go, they just drift across the ocean.
Hoping to one day find peace.

They drifted around for years, surviving on water they've stolen , and fish they've caught.

One day however, they find land, for the first time in ages.
They're welcome with open arms in an oddly familiar looking village.

It's not a place they've ever seen, but these buildings were definitely Kianurite.
Even the people spoke a dialect of Annunaki, a strange one they haven't heard anywhere else before.

This strange place, the people there call it Neperdubitum.

After an exchange of pleasantries, the locals recognize the authority of Ishtara as the rightful Princess of Kianur.
Even though all she wanted was peace, she has now become the Queen of this forsaken colony.

What is Ishtaras first deed to prove herself?
>>
Ok guys, before you're wondering.

Yes, we just found the lost expedition of Karna.
Yes, we are pretty much starting-over, though without resetting the date or our culture.

Since Ishtara is a woman, there are 2 things that can happen with her lineage.
It can either remain, continuing her dynasty.
Or become that of her husband, and start a new dynasty.

Right now, we are back at tribal level in terms of strength, but fear not.
Karnas expedition had some scientists, and Ishtaras lover is a scholar, our knowledge isn't completely gone, yet.
>>
>>222988

Killed their bullying leader with a crude spear she used to catch fish all that time.
>>
>>223029
They had no leader until she came along.
It's a village.
If you want her to kill something, you need someone to kill first.
>>
>>223025
Well, logically we would begin programs of, minor, expansion. As well as investing in the creation of labour and time saving devices.
>>
>>223035

Can you spoiler where we are so I can come up with a better story?
>>
>>223036
Correction to this plan, begin organising their efforts more effectively. Unify farmland into more efficient plots, attempt to create labour / time saving devices and lastly ask what they know of the surrounding area.
>>
>>223044
well if this guy's decision >>223051 passes, you'll find out.
>>
>>223051
this
>>
>>223062

Very well.

Update away!
>>
Well, what will happen next?
What will the locals tell Ishtara about where she is?

Find out next time on Dragon Ball Z!

This thread is about to sage, I need some sleep, so I'll post the result tomorrow in a new thread.

Have fun.
>>
>>222988
>mfw I knew all along OP would suicide the civilization
This once again proves the old proverb true, that OP is a faggot.
>>
>>222909
I'd start one if I had the time and autism to write the long posts OP does.
>>
File: sengoku JUST.png (215KB, 3076x2585px) Image search: [Google]
sengoku JUST.png
215KB, 3076x2585px
I interpreted OP's description.
I didn't feel like drawing a thousand city-states so I just divided unspecified areas in to arbitrary groups.
>>
>>223355
Well m8
I didn't suicide it, you did.
We had 3 Emperors in a row that bankrupted the Empire, what did you think would happen, that people would praise you for destroying their comfortable live styles?

There was nothing that could have saved the Empire, however the civilization is not dead.
It lives on in it's successor states, who all have our culture, speak our language, follow our religion and belief in the "Returning Victory".

Sooner or later, a new Empire that carries on the name, glory and legacy of Kianur will emerge from the ashes, though off-screen.

Meanwhile our Princess here will lay the foundation for a new Empire.

The plan is, that these 2 Empires of the same name and heritage, will meet again one day, and give birth to a new, even bigger Kianur, just as it is described in our ideological concept of "Returning victory"
>>
New thread is up goys!

>>224693
Thread posts: 260
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.