[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fantasy Apocalpyse Quest Reborn

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6

File: FAQ.jpg (3MB, 3136x2023px) Image search: [Google]
FAQ.jpg
3MB, 3136x2023px
You awake bone-cold, hearing whispers in the dark. The moon is out. Shadows fall and dance through the windows. You stay still on your chair. Quiet and quick, you grab:

>Your trusty sword
>Your trusty bow
>Your trusty spear
>Your trusty staff

I’m back! And this time I’ve learned a few things. Gone are the tiresome rolls, we’ll now go by votes. Gone are the hazy mechanics and the haphazard inventory system, we now have skill, combat, crafting, magic and inventory systems, all of which are streamlined and done under-the-hood, none of which you have to roll for.. Gone are the pacing problems and the shitty storytelling (or so, I hope; at the very least I plan on making this one last much longer -- I’m talking double-digit thread counts).

If you were in the last FAQ, welcome back! If not, welcome anyway!
>>
>>198934
>Your trusty staff
>>
>>198934
>Your trusty staff
>>
Spears have more relevance to the classic apocalyptic stories, so

>Your trusty spear
>>
>>198934
>Your trusty staff
>>
>>198934
>Your trusty sword.
>>
File: Galmi.png (622KB, 758x1083px) Image search: [Google]
Galmi.png
622KB, 758x1083px
Your staff was a child’s toy once -- meant for parlor tricks and pulling animals out of hats. A dirt covered shaft of horse bone, its head is carved into a “Y” to hold the Word. You unclasp the strip of leather at the grip, check the coops. Half-full. It should be enough.

“Dad, I think there’s someone in there”
“Hush, boy!”
You check the Word on the head, HARQ. It’ll do. You level the staff at the door and wait. The shadows pass through the second window, fall on the bed, vanish.
“Stand behind me boy.”
The doorknob rattles, turned the wrong way. You smile a little. You made the same mistake. There is a silence, interrupted only by bodily function.

Then the door swings open. A man of 40 or perhaps 50 stumbles in. You wait. His eyes acclimate to the dark, his head turns -- left, and then right. And then a moment of surprise and a little “Oh”.. A soft “Ah”. A moment of acceptance.
“Dad?” says the boy. Dad reaches for his sword.

You speak the Tongue. The Word turns to ash. The man falls to the floor. His skin bubbles like boiling water; breaks like molten rock. He screams, but you have heard screams before, of many kinds. The boy runs to his father’s side. You stand. They boy is not much older than you. Dad is silent now, blackened and broken. Dad is dead. The boy weeps. You search your pockets for another Word...but you’re out of paper. The boy is done weeping, he unsheathes his father blade. Heavy, yes, unsteady in unpracticed hands, but sharp. You freeze. You circle slowly, moving to the door. That unnatural silence again, broken only by breath and heartbeat, the body-silence. The boy’s muscles tense. Your promise never to sleep again without Words in your pockets. The boy takes a step forward.

An explosion to your left. The side of the wall caves in and a fist of hardened earth swings back. The windows are smashed next, glass litters the floor. The boy is knocked off of his feet. The earthen mass steps inside. 7 feet high, he must bend his body to accommodate the human-proportioned house. His round head turns to the boy, then to you. Glowing red holes stare into you; on his forehead shines the Word. Sahir? it says. It has a high pitched voice, a lark’s voice. Sahir?. The boy stands frozen in place. Wind and snow cut in through the gaping holes. You shiver.

Sahir are not killed. They are captured. The galmi steps forward. You glance at the door. You could make it. Maybe. The boy screams and swings his sword at the galmi’s leg. The blade sinks a few inches deep and does not come out. The galmi turns his head toward the boy.

You have your chance, however...

You:
>Distract the galmi, allowing the boy to escape
>Run out, leaving the boy to his fate.
>>
File: Staff.png (30KB, 510x1078px) Image search: [Google]
Staff.png
30KB, 510x1078px
>>
>>199876
>Distract the galmi
>>
>>199876
>>Distract the galmi, allowing the boy to escape
>>
File: Ra-Sala.jpg (12KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
Ra-Sala.jpg
12KB, 275x183px
>>199925
>>200073
The boy tugs at the sword but it doesn't budge. He tugs harder. The hilt slips from his grip and he falls backward. You turn to leave, then sigh and turn back. You hit the galmi's other leg with the butt of your staff. The galmi turns back to face you. SAHIR!.
"Yes, I'm a Sahir!" The boy scrambles up. You gesture with your eyes toward the window. The boy nods and starts inching towards it. The galmi lunges his fist towards your torso. You time the blow (7+Int) so that the fist smashes the door behind you while you duck. The force of the blow knocks you backward, outside and onto the snow, but you are uninjured. Splinters spray across your face, blinding you. You spit out wood and crawl backwards; you flip over, get up and run. The galmi lumbers after you, kicking up snow as it walks. You instinctively point your staff at the creature, but...no Word. You say a word not considered polite in most circles. You look around for a hiding place. Where one galmi stirs, others will soon follow; untiring and unstoppable, you cannot outrun them.

The forest of Ra-Sala to the west and to the north. To the east...you struggle to remember (11+Int) the village of Khudir, by the river Khud. You might be able to ride a river-barge farther south. Not to mention food, supplies and...paper. On the other hand, there are certain be galmi stationed there. You spot the boy running west toward the forest.

You:
>Follow the boy west into the forest of Ra-Sala
>Head north into the forest
>Head east to the village of Khudir
>>
Holy shit, we reboot now. Hey Opie, happen to have the last thread of the previous one? Dun goof'd and forgot to save it.
>>
>>201663

Might as well vote while I'm here. Let's go north. The kid might be a pain in the ass since we did kill his dad. Can also lose the golem things in the forest. Hopefully.
>>
>>212603

I miss our nigger staff.
>>
>>212579
Welcome back! I had almost given up on this quest since it seemed to have been abandoned before it even got of the ground. I'm going to make a new thread either this weekend or when this one is archived, whichever comes first. I guess people are busy with exams.

Also:
https://yuki.la/qst/142482#p142482

---------------------------------------------------------------------
You decide to head north into the forest of Ra-Sala. The cover of the trees should slow down the hulking galmi...you hope. In a few minutes you cannot see the galmi through the trees. And in a few more minutes you cannot see anything. You are lost The trees are bare of leaves and the snow is shin-level. It is dark, but you can sense the dawn peeking up on the horizon.

You are freezing, your hands have numbed and every so often a chill shakes your spine. You breath into your hands to warm them, but it does little good.

You:
>Look for a cave to get out of the snow
>Stay where you are and build a fire
>Other
>>
>>213177

Well after that one ended, tried a few more but didn't feel like going into any. Only came back now since I realized I forgot to save the last thread and knew you had another quest going. Yet instead found this.

Anyway, back to the quest. What is our inventory right now? Can't decide between actions if all I know we have is the unusable staff.
>>
>>213784
Character Sheet

>Stats
Constitution: -2
Wisdom: +1
Intelligence: +1
Charisma: +0

>Skills/Abilities
Initiate of the Word - You can understand the Words of Power
Novice Spell-sayer (Restoration) - You can speak lesser Words within your school, with or without a fetish
Proficient Cook - You can cook recipes of trivial to medium difficulty without trouble (+1). You can attempt to cook more advanced dishes.
Adequate Logochemist - You can identify and process most of the common magical reagents (+1). You can attempt to process some uncommon reagents.

>Inventory
Horse Bone Staff (39%)
Cloth Backpack
-Rations (1wk)
-Water (1/2btl)
Coarse Blanket
Bedroll
Sheath
-Hunting Knife
Cloth Shirt
Cloth Trousers
Wool Cap
Cloth Shoes

>Words
HARQ - Burn
HAYA - Life
SHIFA - Cure
AAMIK - Deep
SUREA - Speed
YATRUK - Leave
SARIE - Quick
>>
File: survival-shelter.jpg (104KB, 542x361px) Image search: [Google]
survival-shelter.jpg
104KB, 542x361px
>>216081

Alright so we have terrible clothes for the weather but also have a bedroll and a blanket. So I suggest if there is real deep snow that we dig a snow shelter to get out of the wind and deploy the bedroll and blanket in there. If there's not enough snow for that, gather large enough sticks and make one of these shelters around a tree and deploy the bedroll and blanket there. If we do get to build this one, we might even be able to light a fire in front of it to cook and warm the entire shelter.
>>
>>217018

Forgot to mention, picture related isn't really complete. In the case that no leaves are present, every little gap will be filled with more sticks/branches/twigs to make it weather proof.
>>
File: tegaki.png (103KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
tegaki.png
103KB, 400x400px
>>217018
You attempt to build a shelter to escape the cold (11+Int-2[cold]). You gather branches and stones and use your blanket as a tarp to keep out the wind and snow. It takes you an hour or so, but the shelter is well worth it. You also manage to gather some firewood and attempt to start a fire (6+int-1[cold]), unfortunately since you don't have any paper for your staff, you'll have to do it with the hard way. You end up wasting a lot of the firewood you gathered, but you should still be able to fuel the fire until the afternoon (about 3 hours).

You aren't as cold anymore, your frostbitten hands are warmed in the fire. But all that running around and building has exhausted you and made you hungry.

You:
>Get some shut-eye while the fire is roaring
>Eat some of your rations
>Prepare a meal from your rations
>Try to gather food from the forest
>Other
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.