[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Last Grease Monkey: Part 4

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (203KB, 1421x960px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
203KB, 1421x960px
Yuma, AZ
198X
5 years after the End

Handy dandy pastebin that an anon made
http://pastebin.com/0vWezvSE

You are 22 year old Hank Dalton. It's post apocalypse times but you're doing okay for yourself. You have a sweet-ass El Camino, two good friends and now a girlfriend maybe. Only issue is that there is a Wendigo after you. It used to be in the body of a 12 year old boy but after you destroyed that vessel with your car it's in a condor now. Last time on The Last Grease Monkey you killed a shitload of Wendigo-controlled coyotes, boned Maria and fixed your El Camino. Also you really want to go back out into the wasteland and salvage Maria's shitty station wagon for some reason. I am so sorry my niggas Chief and I had to go on a vision quest. I promise not to do any more 2 week intermissions without informing you first.

------------

After a few celebratory donuts in the El Camino, you decide to go see Chief at the hospital before attempting to salvage the wagon.

"I've got some shit to take care of over here," says Jim, "But hit me up on Channel 25 when you need me."

Once you're at the hospital, Chief is sitting in the lobby, seemingly waiting for you. His neck and a few other areas are wrapped in bandages but he seems fine otherwise.

"I was hoping you or Jim might show up," he says, "It's a long walk back to the ranch."

Pulling up to the ranch, you brace yourself for the stench of countless coagulating coyote carcasses. But you're not expecting to see them being loaded into a truck. Or Sheriff Morrison's Bronco right next to it, with the man himself leaning on the fender. The sheriff spits a mouthful of sunflower seed shells onto the ground and looks in your direction. His eyes look bloodshot.

"Had to clear this shit up," he says, "Health hazard. They weren't rabid, though. Had a couple tested, well the ones that still had heads." Well fuck, your stomach is a damn pincushion for nothing then.

Morrison looks over at Chief. "You know your neighbor, Greg Reynolds?"

"Neighbor's a strong word," says Chief, "But yeah, what about him?"

"Poor son of a bitch had his heart torn out this morning, right at the crack of dawn. Wife's hysterical, says some kinda giant green-eyed buzzard did it."

"Which way did it go?" asks Chief.

"What, the fuckin giant buzzard?" Morrison chuckles grimly. "Look Chief, I know you're into some wacky shit, hell I'll concede that you've seen some shit, but that's goddamn ridiculous."

Chief raises an eyebrow. "More ridiculous than 50 coyotes storming my ranch like its fucking Normandy?"

"Yes," says Morrison. "Look, you go talk to her if you want."

A) Go talk to Mrs. Reynolds
B) Try to talk to Morrison, try to convince him or something
C) Fuck this, just go get that delicious station wagon
>>
File: 1424628843298.jpg (56KB, 418x604px) Image search: [Google]
1424628843298.jpg
56KB, 418x604px
>>194018
FUCK YES IT'S BACK!

A)

We'll need hardware and people to retrieve the Shitwagon, it's probably booby-trapped by the road pirates.
>>
File: 546b244734997_-_elcaminoss-lg.jpg (205KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
546b244734997_-_elcaminoss-lg.jpg
205KB, 1280x720px
Anyone lurking?
>>
>>195162
I just got here.
>>
I like the Riv more than the Elky.
>>
>>194018
aw shit it's back! you should get a twitter, qm
B) Try to talk to Morrison, try to convince him or something
>>
Kick this story into gear. Grab some ordnance and get that shit wagon! Maybe you can convert it into a wrecker or something.
>>
1-33: A
34-66: B
67-99: C

>>195287
Me too, at least a little bit. If I wasn't on a shitty phone I'd post that gif of the clamshell headlight opening up.
>>195371
Are there any other options than Twatter?
>>
Glad I decided to check out /qst/, needed some more /oqst/

Kinda want to say C, a war wagon would be cool.
>>
Rolled 36 (1d99)

>>195811
Fuck
>>
>>195811
>Are there any other options than Twatter?
maybe, but Twitter is the most used by other QMs (there's even a list to regroup all of them, i think)

plus it's just to announce threads and issues, so something based around quick, short message really fits
>>
File: image.jpg (167KB, 800x480px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
167KB, 800x480px
>>195815
Guess I'll take this vote and go with C instead.

------------

As much as you need to get rid of that fucking Wendigo you doubt this will go anywhere and the longer you wait to get that wagon the more likely someone else will take it. "Hate to do this to you Chief, but I gotta take off."

Chief shrugs. "No worries, kemosabe. I'll let you know if I find out anything. Even if she doesn't know anything she needs comforting, and that's a one-man job. At least, the way I do it." He winks and walks to his Chevy Apache.

You decide to head back to Jim's before going out, you'll need some help. And some firepower. When you get there the Mack Superliner's hood is open and Jim is working on the massive engine. Boston is playing from a nearby boom box, but not loud enough to mask the sound of your 427. He turns to you as you pull up next to him and shut it off.

"Ready to help me haul in that piece-o-shit station wagon?" you ask, hopping out.

Jim shakes his head. "Sorry man, gotta put a head gasket on this thing, guy's supposed to be heading back to New Mexico tomorrow. I got someone else to drive the wrecker though."

Shit, you were really hoping Jim would be able to come with you. "He any good?"

Jim snickers a bit. "Oh yeah, you'll be fine. I'll introduce you in a minute. Before that why don't you grab some hardware from the shed? Might need more than that .357." He tosses you the key.

Inside the shed are:
A) Ruger AC556
B) Browning Automatic Rifle
C) PPSh-41
D) Winchester 1897 Trench Gun
E) MAC-10
F) Marlin 1895

Pick two
>>
>>194018
>Channel 25
>Not Channel 4

C'mon step it up, sempai.

>>199503
MAC-10 and PPSh
>>
>>199503
D) Winchester 1897 Trench Gun
E) MAC-10
>>
>>199503
C) MAC-10 (most compact)
D) Trench Gun (grab slugs)

F) .45-70 (if there are no slugs)
>>
>>199592
This
>>
>>199503
>M97 Trench Gun
>MAC-10

Those old trench guns are cool as hell.
>>
>>199503
D and E.
>>
Dudes my phone is fucked up and not charging, next post might be a while. Looks like MAC 10 + Trench Gun is winning, I'll even allow slugs and decent sights.
>>
>>203376
Its fine, what kind of phone do you use? I find it's usally the charger, if not just swap out the bat.
>>
>>203376
Unless your phone has a sealed body.
Then you are fucked.
>>
>>199503
muh ruger and winchester
>>
>>203376
Adding my vote to the Mac plus Winchester. That gun is nice.
>>
The MAC is an obvious choice, choice of longarm is a bit tougher. You consider your old friend the Ruger but eventually gravitate toward the Trench Gun. It's not quite the same as John Moses Browning designed it anymore, Jim added better sights and had the chamber dremeled out to accept longer shells. And slugs. Homemade steel slugs that can punch through an engine block. With this combo you won't be doing
any sniping but anything hostile that gets within 100 yards of you will fucking regret it.

"Not really into the whole precision thing, are we?"

You turn around to see a girl around your height, she's in her late 20s or early 30s with a slim but solid build and wavy chin length dirty blond hair. She wears a weathered bomber jacket, baggy carpenter jeans and boots. An M3 Grease Gun is slung over her shoulder.

You shrug. "Eh, I figure the more lead I put in the air, the more likely it is I`ll hit something. Who're you anyway?"

"I`m the wrecker driver," she says, sidestepping past you to get into the shed and eyeing the remaining selection. "Name`s Zoe," She takes the BAR. "And I share your philosophy."

She keeps talking as you follow her to the mid 50s Ford wrecker.

"This thing has a 440 Chrysler swapped in so it'll move alright but once I`m hooked up I need you to watch my back. You planning on riding with me and being my gunner or are you taking your own car?"

A) Follow in the El Camino
B) Ride with Zoe
>>
>>207216
That's totally me. My shitty cracked iPhone bit the dust so I'm posting from a generic Android thingy I borrowed until I can replace it. Man this thing sucks to type on.
>>
>>207216
B) Ride with Zoe
we're just going to grab that wreck and leave (in theory)

>>207226
i think you can download some alternative keyboard thing that really helps with that
>>
>>207216
B) No use taking two cars if there are no other helpers.

>>207237
That night's radio chatter and funeral pyre must have caught someone's attention, an ambush/booby-trap is guaranteed.
>>
>>207216
>B) Ride with Zoe
Sup NT
>>
>>207216
B
>>
>>207216
>B) Ride with Zoe
>>
>>207216
A) Follow in the El Camino
>>
"Guess I'm riding with you."
You hate to leave the El Camino but riding shotgun makes more sense. You both climb into the wrecker. Zoe cranks up the 440 and Waylon Jennings begins to play from the stereo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPv5NZR_Wtk

"So what are we hauling, anyway?" Zoe asks as you get near the highway.

"Mercury wagon, late 70s."

Zoe wrinkles her nose. "I'd ask why the fuck you want that thing, but Jim said he'd help redo the suspension on my Duster so I'll just go along with it."

The 440 does seem to move the wrecker pretty well, even uphill. Zoe keeps to a quick but reasonable pace, especially in the turns, but the drive doesn't take very long. Soon you're nearing the exit for the gas station.

A) Drive on in
B) Check it out on foot first

Roll 1d100
>>
Rolled 21 (1d100)

>>209470
>>A) Drive on in
Please don't disappear again NT ;.;
>>
Rolled 60 (1d100)

>>209470
A)
>>
Rolled 35 (1d100)

>>209470
A) Drive on in
>>
Rolled 35 (1d100)

>>209470
A
>>
New thread
>>211292
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.