[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ShellStorm Mech Quest #0: Character creation mode.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 475
Thread images: 19

File: 064916.jpg (98KB, 1920x1077px) Image search: [Google]
064916.jpg
98KB, 1920x1077px
>Whats up guys. I have an idea for a quest that im thinking of running sometime in the near future.

A alternate history, extended WW1 quest where technology has stagnated and trench warfare has become the norm. Mechs, Bipedal walkers, Spider tanks and massive war machines dominate the battlefields, supported by thousands of soldiers and tanks. The skies swarm with Zeppelins and dueling planes, the seas filled with mighty fleets of steel and smoke.

The German Empire has dominated mainland Europe, controlling everything from the Netherlands to Greece, Russia to france. The iron boot of the Reich cannot be denied.

The British Empire sits proud on the back of a thousand colonial nations. Conscripts and resources from all corners of the globe flow to the battlefields of Europe and Africa.

The 57 American states stand together under the watchful eye of President for Life Walter Schoosley. Factory cities smoke day and night, outfitting the Vast fleets and Flotillas of Airships that carry the endless armies of the Republic to war.

The Russian Federation hold their freezing wasteland without pity or fear. Fanatical soldiers die by the thousands, the guns of their officers turned on them at will. Ramshackle equipment and hand-down-weapons do not mitigate the threat they pose.

The Ottoman empire hold their crumbling territory resolutely. The warriors of the desert and mountains strike like hawks before fading back into hiding.
>>
Rolled 2 (1d2)

>>1734203

Well Cursed, I think I realize how you do quests: think up new ones to distract anons while you write more for ones you already have. Right?

Anyways, time for the alternate of Leviathan Quest: Everyone's the superior Clanker race.

Flipping a coin

1- America
2- Germany
>>
You sit in the cramped, humid Troop Car of the armored train. The stinking, moist air is never disturbed as the machine rattles along. You look out across the small sea of sweaty, pale faced men and women, none older than your scant eighteen years.

You push aside a drooling, slumped figure, somehow getting sleep in this hellish environment and lean back against your hard, metal seat. Staring at the flag painted on the far wall...

>You see...

>The 57 Stars of the Republic. Freedom and justice for all!

>The Hammer, Sickle and Skull of the Russian Federation. For Mother Russia!

>St.Georges Cross. Hail Britannia!

>The Aquila. Heil Deutschland

>The Crescent moon. Bow to the Sultan.
>>
>>1734265
SAINT GEORGE BABY
>>
>>1734265
>>The Aquila. Heil Deutschland
>>
File: IMG_0008.jpg (26KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0008.jpg
26KB, 300x400px
>>1734265
>St. George's Cross. Hail Britannia!
EEEENG-GUR- LAAAAND!!!
>>
>>1734265
>The Hammer, Sickle and Skull of the Russian Federation. FOR MOTHER RUSSIA!
>>
>>1734265

>The Aquila. Heil Deutschland

>>1734281
>>1734285

>Not wanting to be a Chad to Hitler

Oh come on now guys

>>1734289

Get the fuck out of here you goddamn communist scumfuck
>>
>>1734265
>and women

Nevermind, piss on your nonsense
>>
>>1734265

FOR GLORIOUS MOTHER RUSSIA
>>
>>1734306

It's alternate history anon, let it go.

>>1734316

>wanting to be an inbred commie

Disgusting
>>
>>1734265

>>
...I'll vote begrudingly for the Hammer and Sickle and skull, since I'm a russiafag.

But only if we make plans to bring back the monarchy and not be communist.
>>
>>1734265
>>St.Georges Cross. Hail Britannia!
>>
>>1734349

You're the good one Russanon, you're the good one. Should we find Lenin we murder the shit out of him.

Time to be the fight happy sociopath kind of soldier
>>
>>1734289
>>1734316
>>1734326
>>1734349
So many Antifa snowflakes.
>>
>>1734265
>>St.Georges Cross. Hail Britannia!
>>
>>1734281
>>1734285
>>1734353
>>1734439
4 for England

>>1734349
>>1734326
>>1734316
>>1734289
4 for Russia

>>1734305
>>1734283
2 for Germany
>>
I vote for russia
>>
>>1734467

Fuck it I'll switch to England out of hope for having Churchill in our squad
>>
i vote for russia
>>
>5 England

>5 Russia

This is getting feisty
>>
>>1734470
>>1734497

Similar responses, won't link. Hmmm, samefag or not a samefag? That is the question
>>
>>1734499
England
Fuck off Russiaboos
>>
Voting England because you cunts wanna be dirty redcoats

Better to be a capitalist with shit teeth than a commie though
>>
>>1734499
I'm not sure about either choice.
>>
>>1734265
>lurking coming through
I was looking forward for Aquilas (imperium dominatus), but in the absence of that, MOTHER RUSSIA!

Vote for Russia.
>>
England takes it with 7 votes. Writing.
>>
>>1734534
Sorry, man. A few seconds too late.
>>
>>1734536
DARNIT
>back to lurking
>>
>Rule Britannia. British mechs have higher armor, Slower speed, better melee capabilities and mid tier cannons.

The white and red field of St.George's cross stares back at you, the symbol of the British Empire. All around you, conscripts from far away nations, Africans, Asians, Ghurkas, Islanders, even a healthy dose of native Brits like yourself. The men and women around you clump by nationality, speaking in hushed tones or praying for their souls.

Your gear is situated in a duffer bag between your feet, made of dark brown, tough canvas it is marked with the Gear and Skull motif of the Mech Corp. You will be shunted off into a Footman mech when the train reaches the Front in the heartland of France. Odds are you likely won't survive the first engagement against the Krauts.

Your assigned weapon knocks against your knee, you quickly readjust and secure the.....

>12ga. Trench gun- useful for firing from the slits of your mech or fighting on foot at short range (assault specialization)

>.45 Submachine gun- good for supporting fire and attacks at medium range (Support class)

>5.56 Light machine gun. Short and ugly but capable of replacing the air around an enemy with bullets. (Gunner Class)

>7.64 Bolt action rifle. Slow and incapable of being used from with the mech but capable of tremendous range and accuracy (Longshot Class)

>Other (Write in)
>>
>>1734606
>>12ga. Trench gun- useful for firing from the slits of your mech or fighting on foot at short range (assault specialization)
>>
>>1734606
>.45 Submachine gun
Never underestimate the power of the men at your side.
>>
>>1734606

>12ga. Trench gun- useful for firing from the slits of your mech or fighting on foot at short range (assault specialization)

We have high armor and good melee capabilities, let's put them to a good use
>>
>>1734606
>5.56 Light machine gun. Short and ugly but capable of replacing the air around an enemy with bullets. (Gunner Class)
>>
>>1734606
We're gonna be a horror in the trenches that cover the Continent
>>
>>1734606
LMG, all the shoot of the SMG, acceptable killing power (assuming boolets work the same in this universe as in real life). A good secondary weapon especially if you have a mech to bear the weight for you.
>>
>>1734606
>.45 Submachine gun
If you aren't helpin' then who is?
>>
>>1734658
Changing my vote to LMG
>>
>3 for trench gun

>2 for LMG

>1 for Sub

Anybody else wanna vote before I call it?
>>
>>1734689
Trenchgun
>>
>Trenchgun takes it. You have bonuses to accuracy and damage at close range and have increased melee damage in your mech and on foot.

Writing
>>
>Assault class locked in.

Your freshly issued Trenchgun is smooth against your hand as you secure to the outside of your bag. The dark wood of the stock is slick under your thumb as you wipe a smudge of grease from the inlaid Flag in the wood.

The train car lurches as it slows, the squeal of the steel wheels failing to entirely drown out the sounds of distant artillery. The smell of diesel smoke, burned metal and blood permeates the car as it shrieks to a stop.

The doors are yanked open, blinding light and blessedly cool air spilling in before the stink assaults your nose. Rotting flesh and burnt blood seep in as irate officers stand in the doorways

"OUT OUT OUT YOU WORTHLESS FUCKS! MAKE ROOM FOR THE WOUNDED!"

Like frightened cattle you push and shove, eager to escape the rage and kicking feet of the officers. Your eyes constrict painfully as you take in the city of tents and small buildings, the dirt tracks between them churned into thick mud. Already wounded men on stretchers are being carried in, stacked like firewood to accommodate the masses.

Forming up into orderly queues your sergeants eye you balefully, waiting for a chance to pounce. The line moves quickly, men and women shuttled off in armored trucks or marched off by their commanders.

Eventually you reach the front of the line where a haggard looking Lieutenant in a crumpled uniform looks over your papers for a moment before appraising you

"Mech corp eh son? Well well.... We needed some fresh meat there. Jerry has been chewing them up like tin cans. Whats your name lad?"

>Yo, Whats your name. First to 3
>>
>>1734798

Brandon Crowley
>>
>>1734798
Jon snow
>>
>>1734798
Albert Pierrepoint
>>
>>1734807
Supporting
>>
>>1734807
I'll throw my vote behind this.
>>
>>1734807
2nd
>>
So are we going to become lancelot?
With all this cqc bonuses?
>>
>>1734848
Depends on if we get a bayonet
>>
>Headed to the bar with my dad. Will return in a bit guys. Brandon Crowley it is
>>
>>1734912
>>Rule Britannia. British mechs have higher armor, Slower speed, better melee capabilities and mid tier cannons.
im sure we should get something like it or a big sword but if we are slower its going to make it harder toget into cqc
>>
File: 0e3.png (187KB, 600x339px) Image search: [Google]
0e3.png
187KB, 600x339px
>>1734848
>>
>>1734920
Maybe they're slower because the upper chassis is reinforced and has stronger pneumatics for quick stabs/swings. Since more of the steam is used to power the arms, the legs are weaker than other mechs of equivalent weight mechs from other nations.
>>
>>1734984
Probably just bad engines, if we live long enough maybe we'll be able to pick up the mech equivalent of a Comet.
>>
>>1735001
Yep, just gotta live long enough to become an Ace.
>>
>>1734984
could be could be
>>
File: lancer-trans.jpg (77KB, 800x680px) Image search: [Google]
lancer-trans.jpg
77KB, 800x680px
>>1734984
one day
>>
>>1735607
Better Brit mechs should have a lance, but instead of a lance it's actually a long barreled 12 pounder anti-mech gun.
>>
>>1735876
or is it a lance thatopens up to a one shot 12 pounder anti-mech gun.?
>>
>>1734848
Lancelot is a french mary sue made by a french author who wanted to cuck the greatest English king.
>>
>Whaddup mi amigos. Sorry I got much too fucked up and fell asleep as soon as I got home (Picklebacks are always a bad idea) gimme a second to fully wake up and ill write this out
>>
>Brandon Crowley it is.

You fold your arms behind your back and look straight ahead the way they taught you back in training.

"Crowley sir! Private Brandon Crowley!"
You say clearly, enunciating for the mans shell battered ears.

He looks you over, bristly moustache shifting as he does. He eventually shuffles your papers, signs and stamps them before handing them back to you
"Crowley eh? Like that cultist nutter? Hope you've got a bit of magic hid up your arse then lad. When the Alleymen are coming at you with Juggers and those damnable Spiders.... Ah... Good luck lad. Report to Captain Theo. Bravo company's tents and garages are.... Over there somewhere"
With a vague wave over his shoulder and a salute from you, Youre off, duffel bag over your shoulder, attempting to remain out of the way

Columns of men march past, rifles slung over their shoulders. Fresh faced recruits are folded in with dead eyed veterans, men whose equipment glimmers dully under tarnish and dried blood. A convoy of light tanks and gun trucks, men riding atop the armor like parasites trundles around the edge of camp, heading toward the flashes and thunder on the horizon. At first you had thought the darkened skies and flashes had been a building thunderstorm.

It is the Front. The meat grinder where the armies of Britain, America and the Germans go to die. Where men are consumed and legends are forged and broken daily.

You are broken out of your terrified awe by a amplified voice belting out along with thudding footsteps.

"OY! MOVE YER ARSE YE WEE BUGGER"
Turning you barely dodge out of the way as a Squad of Footmen Mechs push through the street. Their engines growl audibly as the broad, steel feet and pistoned legs carry them through the muck. The long, steel "rifles" they carry are twice as long as your body, the barrel as big around as your fist. The meter long bayonet slung under the barrel gleams wickedly, the tips and edges nicked from heavy used Their armor is scratched and dented, covered in splashes of mud and crusted over in dried blood in places. The viewport in the front of the cylindrical main body of the Mech allows only the briefest glimpses of the pilot within, their eyes cold and dark.

You press yourself against the tent behind you, watching the small giants walk past. You had piloted a training model before, even fired the main gun several times but to see actual Footmen? From the front? Training did not prepare you for this.

You swallow your apprehension and locate Bravo Company's flag waving above a series of light brown tents and several tin roofed garages of varying sizes. Some are large enough for several footmen while three are much larger, resembling warehouses more than Garages.

You approach the larger tent, a hand painted sign driven into the ground outside proclaiming
"BRAVO CO. Mors Ferro"
And knock respectfully on the post between the tent flaps.

A weary, raspy voice echoes out.
"Can I help you?"

>What say. First to three
>>
>>1736773
"Uh... the lieutenant at the train said you need mech pilots?"
>>
>>1736773
I'm here to pilot a mech, Sir!
>>
>>1736778

This...

Confidence is key...
>>
>>1736778
Calling it. This wins.
>>
>>1736773
"Private Crowley. Ordered to report to Bravo Company."
Keep it efficient till we know what we are dealing with. No one wants a hero in their squad.
>>
>>1736773

"Private Brandon Crowley, Bravo Company, here for a mech for some Hun killing."
>>
File: image-3.jpg (38KB, 736x815px) Image search: [Google]
image-3.jpg
38KB, 736x815px
You speak loudly and clearly, wanting this mysterious figure to know you aren't just some terrified grunt

"Private Crowley sir! Im here to be a Mech pilot sir"

A exasperated groan echoes out before the sound of heavy boots on board floors approaches, the flap being yanked open and a bearded, scarred man stepping out. He eyes you up and down, lighting a cigarette and blowing a hefty amount of smoke in your face.

"Crowley? That's a shit name... Youre supposed to be my new Mech pilot?
Im Captain Theodore Price. Call me Theo."
He grunts, clenching the cigarette between his teeth as he snatches your papers from you, looking them over before rolling them up and sticking them in his pocket.
"No combat experience. Fresh out of training. Bare minimum experience piloting. What in the ever loving FUCK am I supposed to do with you?"
He growls, continuing on before you even open your mouth to reply
"Don't bother answering. You don't know either. Some chucklefuck sends me green boys and gets upset when they die and I ask for more. Well lets get you situated before you die. Lets see.... Assault specialization? Won't be long then.... Ill stick you in with Cricket. He'll take care of you till then."

Following after Captain Theo you are led to one of the smaller garages where several men are tinkering with their Mechs. Engines are suspended from chains, hydraulic hoses litter the floors and boxes of ammunition sit against the walls. You are led to a thin, wide eyed young man elbow deep in the guts of an engine. Theo and Cricket have a quick conversation before you are waved over as Theo turns to leave.

"Cricket, this here is Private Crowley. He is your problem now. Do NOT let him die until we get to the front."

With that you sure left with a garage full of snickering men and the smiling, grease covered face of Cricket.

"Well then... Ever piloted a footman before?" he says, his voice soft but carrying through the clatter of tools as he adjusts the fuel intake.

"I have a bit of experience... I piloted a training model. Got my hours in... Sir" you are a bit put off by the nearly silent Cricket. You figured someone with such a name would be more vocal.

"Ever killed a man?"
Large pale eyes bore into yours as he looks up, as still as a graveyard statue.

>Have you? Yes/No and how.
>Pic related is Theo
>>
>>1736793

> I have not, sir.
>>
>>1736778
Second.
>>
>>1736793

>No, but I've figured why not when joining up
>>
>>1736798
Third
>>
>>1736793
>No
I didn't realize it was a requriment, sir.
>>
>>1736793
>> I have not, sir.
>>
>>1736799
Little late to the party.
>>1736798
Support
>>
You swallow, looking Cricket back in his pale eyes

"No i have not sir."

A nearly imperceptible nod twitches his head before he smiles, wiping his hands clean of grease on a rag before extending it to shake. You notice he is missing the ring and pinky fingers of his left had as he grips your right with a crushing grip

"We'll have to fix that then"

Grabbing you by the shoulder he marches you along a row of empty and cold Footmen, their cabin doors open and the controls bared. They aren't brand new but they seem reliable enough. He stops you in front of a sturdy looking Footman with a shorter, wider barreled "Rifle" with a short, heavy bayonet grafted to the underside. The box of heavy shells slotted to the underside resembles your own weapons ammunition, only 6 times as large. The armor along the front and sides seems thicker than normal and the pistons and pneumatics seem heftier in the arms and shoulders of the Mech.

"Theo tells me you have assault training. I got this one fitted out already. It should do the trick. Won't win any awards for stealth but you can open Jerry up like a biscuit tin. This machine will be your lover, your best friend, your brother and your most hated enemy. Love and fear it."

With that Cricket turns and returns to tinkering with his own Mech, a Heavily armored Knight with a wicked looking cannon grafted to an arm.

You stand, looking across at the men working on their Mechs, painting designs on the hull, modifying engines, welding armor plates in. A bucket of red Paint is by your foot with a broad brush.

You heft it and adjust a ladder, climbing up to the side of your Mech.

>Mech naming time. This is your starter Mech and will be yours for a while. First to 3
>>
>>1736811
Stumpy

or Boot.
>>
>>1736811

> Myrmidon
>>
>>1736823
That's actually way cooler
>>
>>1736811
Roach
>>
>>1736823
>>1736811
supporting
>>
>>1736811
Brass Billy.
>>
>>1736823
Supportan
>>
>>1736823
Actually, considering the cultural significance, changing to this.
>>
>>1736811

Supporting >>1736823

So Cursed since you'll be busy with this, mind if I temporarily QM for Undead quest?
>>
>>1736823
supporting
>>
In broad, clear strokes along the side of the Footmans hull armor you name the Mech. You try to ignore the buffmarks in multiple places where speckles of red paint can still be seen.

"Myrmidon eh? Planning on killing some Krauts then?"
Comes a voice from the bottom of your ladder, a young private like yourself. The stubble and grease in his hair seems to tell you that hes been here a bit longer than yourself. The bulk of his body prompts him to step back when you begin climbing down to make room.

"Dawkins."
He extends his massive hand as you climb down, you dust your palms and shake firmly
"Crowley"

He smiles, gesturing broadly around the bay.
"Welcome to Bravo company! May not look like much but most of us survive a few days so we can't be that bad."
Eying your Mech over your shoulder he whistles
"Yeeesh. Assault? Death wish eh? I suppose ill be coming right behind you with the meatbags. I drive Stomper over there."
Another gesture towards a squat, heavily armored Footman with a pair of Twin linked machine guns grafted to each arm. A thick metal shield with a narrow, axe like edge covers the delicate actions of the weapons.
"She's a right turtle i'nt she? Gunner class. Cricket and his boys can do wonders if you give em incentive."

You whistle appreciatively at the customized piece of hardware. Seems Youre a little behind.

"Cricket told me Youre new so im guessing Youre my bunk mate. Tents the third on the right, second row in from this garage. Watch out in the street. There's a team of Knights coming up and those arrogant shits WILL step on you"

With a heavy clap on your back he turns and returns to the men he was speaking with before, grabbing a cutting torch and flicking it on.

>Speak to Cricket about how to incentivise his men

>Speak to some of the other soldiers

>Inspect Myrmidon

>Go to your tent. Stow your shit.

>its almost chow time. Go get some food.

>Other
>>
>>1736834
Feel free man. Im just fleshing this out for a bit.
>>
>>1736838

> Speak to Cricket about how to incentivise his men.

> Speak to some of the other soldiers.

> Go to your tent. Stow your shit.
>>
>>1736838
>>Speak to Cricket about how to incentivise his men
>>Speak to some of the other soldiers
>>Inspect Myrmidon
>>Go to your tent. Stow your shit.
>>
>>1736844
Support.
>>
>>1736844

Changing my vote to support this...
>>
>>1736844
supporting
>>
>I only meant pick one but ok. Picking one at random.
>Go to your tent. Stow thy ruck.

You look both ways before stepping out of garage 3, noting the squad of hulking Knights walking down the broad street. The Mechs are nearly twice the size of Footmen, massive cannons and shields the norm for them. A few carry linked rotary cannons or massive "swords" capable of shearing through Mech armor like butter. You make sure to remain out of their way as you make your way to yours and Dawkin's tent.

Passing rows of the coarse, brown waterproof cloth tents you count to yourself. Third row to the right, second in. This must be it, nobody but Dawkins could fit the pair of massive pants hung out to dry. You could make your own tent if you were desperate enough.

Ducking inside you take in the amenities. Kettle and small stove, lantern and bucket and two cots. One is visibly claimed, personal effects and a sheet of tent cloth separating it from the main area hung from the central beam. You stow your own Duffel bag and begin pulling out your personal effects and washkit.

>gimme 1 personal item for Crowley. This will be important to him and may be a piece of his background or valuable equipment or a memento of family.You guys pick
>>
>>1736861

A revolver given by our dad, keep it nice clean and working
>>
>>1736861
A small teddy bear given to us by our little sister, "to protect us."
>>
>>1736862
Supporting.
>>
>>1736862

A frayed, time-worn playing card. It depicts the King of Hearts...
>>
>>1736867

Mind explaining that one anon?
>>
>>1736861
A pic book about kings and kinghts and dragons
You always loved those storys
>>
>>1736868

Sorry. Didn't mean to link my suggestion to yours...

The King of Hearts is commonly referred to as 'The Suicide King' due to a printing error that has caused many versions of the card to depict the king driving a blade through his head...

As for why we would have such a thing? Doesn't matter. Could be a keepsake, a momento, an heirloom...

Thinly veiled foreshadowing...
>>
>>1736872
Or a wooden toy knight
>>
>calling it.
>Revolver wins.
>>
You lay your blanket/bedroll out upon the cot, the warmth unneeded in the warm air but the padding is very welcome. You slide your wash kit under your cot, the slim wooden box holding your soap, toothbrush and razor. Your spare clothes are folded and stuck under your cot near your head for easy access. Your Trenchgun goes against the post, your box of shells and bandoleer resting next to the butt.

Lastly you withdraw a dark, heavy wooden case. You pop the latch and open it slowly. Inside is a pistol, the metal scratched and marred, the wood of the grip long replaced. The action is smooth and well oiled as you break it open, looking down each chamber of the revolver. They are clean and free of grit and dust, the bullets heavy in your hands as you load them.

You remember how small your father had looked as he had pressed the case into your hands. His only son off to war and maimed legs prevented him from standing to watch you board the train. His legs had been sheared off below the knee in the battlefields of north Africa. He had been trapped in his crippled Mech, a Galahad class, for nearly three days with only this revolver to protect him. He never spoke of how many men he killed as they approached, looking to pilfer supplies or capture the officer within.

You holster the revolver and buckle the thick belt around your waist. Bullets slide into the loops around its circumference. A bit of American flair but you can stand cowboy jokes.

>Go speak to Cricket about how to upgrade your Mech

>Look for other members of Bravo Co. To socialize

>Head to the mess. Grab some chow.

>explore the camp.

>Head to the Quartermaster to see about how to get gear

>Other
>>
>>1736899

> Go speak to Cricket about how to upgrade your Mech
>>
>>1736899
Pick ONE you greedy shits.
>>
>>1736899
>Speak to Cricket about how to upgrade your mech
>>
>>1736899
>Go speak to Cricket about how to upgrade your Mech
>>
>>1736899
>Go speak to Cricket about how to upgrade your mech
>>
>>1736899

> Go speak to Cricket about how to upgrade your Mech

Well Cursed, I think I'll just wait for you on Undead quest. 4chan keeps eating my post and I want to see what you've got in mind for the upgrades that may come
>>
>>1736931
Ok. Ill hop on it here in a lil bit with a new thread.
>>
>>1736944

Aye my lord got a general plan lined out we all agree on. So we can open on that
>>
>Speak to Cricket about how to upgrade your Mech.

You duck out of the tent, waving at Dawkins as he approaches. He is coated with soot and grease, his eyebrows singed slightly. He begins peeling off the ruined uniform and you hurry away to give the large soldier some privacy.

Making your way back to Garage three you take a moment to admire a massive, walker tank on the horizon. The colossal war machine is studded with machine gun nests and armor plates. Cannons as large as a Knight swivel freely, daring anything to attack the beast or the small army of smaller Mechs and infantry escorting it.

You approach Cricket, the wiry chief mechanic sitting in a rickety chair, sipping something that smells as if it could peel paint and reading a newspaper.

"Um.. Cricket? Sir?"
You say hesitantly, not wanting to disturb him overly

"Its just Cricket. What can I do for you?"
He replies, his eyes never lifting from the paper.

"Dawkins told me that i should speak to you about possibly upgrading my Footman."
You relax as Cricket smiles broadly, looking up at you with an appraising eye.

"Eager eh? We do some of the best field upgrades here in our garage. Not as.... Neat as regulation stuff but cheaper and sometimes much more effective. But we do not work for free mate. We have to have a bit of... Incentive."
He sets down his drink, steepling his fingers and looking at you over them

"Well... What kind of incentive?"

He chuckles softly, leaning back in his chair as he twirls a screwdriver in his hands.
"Anything useful really. Hooch, Gear, useful scrap from the front, if you mark it with a B3 then the scrap boys will bring it to me. We also take cash or favors from officers if you can get it."

>Upgrades can be purchased from Cricket with Hooch, cash, Officer favors, or installed at a large discount if you use Looted gear, marked Scrap or captured Mechs.

>Head and go get some chow

>Head to your tent, wash up and get some rest

>explore the camp

>Speak to Bravo company's Quartermaster

>Speak to your fellow soldiers

>Other
>>
>>1736971
>See if Cricket can teach you how to make some field repairs
Always good to be able to fix your broken mech in a warzone.
>>
>>1736971
>>
>>1736986

> See if Cricket can teach you how to make some field repairs

This would be an invaluable skill to possess...
>>
>>1736971
>>See if Cricket can teach you how to make some field repairs
>>
>>1736971
>>
>>
>>1736971
>>
>>1736971
>speak to Bravo Company's Quartermaster
>>
>>1736997

> See if Cricket can teach you how to make some field repairs

This would be an invaluable skill to possess...
It would be good to know
But y would we want/ need it now?
Havent started to fight and if we live we would get taken back here and fixed for free
No real point and learn beyond the oil change snd easly shit
>>
>>1737566
Dad got fucked and had to wait hours to get rescued.
>>
>>1737566
Same reason why you want to know how to change a tire or a belt, same reason you want to know how to field strip your gun. If we know how to deal with the smaller breaks they'll be less likely to completely incapacitate us.
>>
>>1737639
>>1737924
I think he was stuck and knowing how to fix it wouldnt have changed a thing
Other ways he would have left.

Im for knowing basic things but not for trying to learn how to fully repair or rake it apart
>>
>>1736986
Support
>>
>>1737639
He was trapped for almost three days. Killing Krauts.
>>
>>1736971
>>Speak to your fellow soldiers
>>
Ded quest
>>
>>1738836
Ye of little faith.
>>
>>1738861
>>1738836
soon tm
this will happen
>>
File: IMG_0009.gif (2MB, 321x223px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0009.gif
2MB, 321x223px
>>
>Sorry about disappearing yesterday. My data and service for some reason would not cooperate and kept crapping out on me. Anybody still here?
>>
>>1739910

Hello. More robots please...
>>
>>1739910
still here
waiting on update
>>
>>1739910

Waiting right here
>>
>See if Cricket can teach you how to make field repairs

You think of how a Mech pilot can become another stranded infantryman if their Mech is disabled. The smallest issue can become a catastrophic one if you sure unable to repair it.

"Um.. Cricket? Do you think you could possibly teach me how to do some better repairs in the field? I wouldn't want to be dragged back by a tow rig"
You ask, looking around at the multitude of tools pegged to the walls. Some are homemade contraptions, others are factory fresh.

Cricket snorts, looking you over while twirling a screwdriver between his grease stained fingers.
"Hmmm.... I suppose I could teach you how to tighten nuts and bolts a bit better than you do already. Grab that wrench over there... No not that one...."

>Roll me a d100 to see how well you learn. Best of 3
>>
Rolled 45 (1d100)

>>1740031
>>
Rolled 61 (1d100)

>>1740031

>>
Rolled 52 (1d100)

>>1740031
>>
Rolled 56 (1d100)

>>1740031
>>
Rolled 9 (1d100)

>>1740031
>>
>>1740031
It lives!!
Majaal
The secound i take you of my phone open tabs you come back
>>
>61. Gained basic Field Repair skills. +5 to Repair Rolls.

"...okay now tighten that one. Good deal good deal... Looks good to me Crowley. Looks good"
The wiry mechanic wipes off the tools before slotting them back into their respective spots as you wipe grease from your fingers.

You had adjusted tension and intakes, greased pistons, pried and levered bent components and even done a bit of welding. The previously nearly scrap Mech that Cricket had used as a teaching tool could very likely run again with some more repairs.

"Thank you Cricket. Maybe this will keep me from getting scrapped out there"
You say with a broad smile, patting the side of the junked Footman. Your smile dies as you look up at the gaping, ragged hole punched through the viewport. The edges of the hole were still crusted brown like a layer of rusty paint.

"Doesnt matter how good you are at fixing things. You have to be able to survive out there. That poor sod... He didn't. Took a shell from a Jugger straight in his gob. First day... Don't be like him lad. I like you."
Comes Crickets soft voice as he notices your attention on the mortal injury. He throws several handfuls of small tools and wrenches into a canvas bag.
"Here. Footmen come with a repair pouch but it doesnt have some useful bits. Here.. These ought to help you out"

Taking the offered bag you shake his hand before stowing the bag next to the pitiable amount of tools in the cabin of Myrmidon. You take a moment to look around the small space. There are racks for your canteen, ration bars, gas mask, personal kit and yourself. Not much else. A small can of paint sits under the seat, locked in place with wire. You assume that's how you are supposed to mark useful scrap.

Climbing down you thoroughly clean your hands with a grease rag before looking out into the camp, watching a flotilla of Zeppelins drift like malignant clouds overhead.

>Head to your tent, wash up and get some rest

>explore the camp

>See about getting some Range time. (Yourself or in Myrmidon)

>Speak to your fellow soldiers

>Other
>>
>>1740126

>>
>>1740133

Sorry. Practice with Myrmidon...
>>
>>1740126
Time to find out how shit the food is
>>
>>1740126
>Get some range time with Myrmidon
Might as well practice some.
>>
>>1740136
supporting
>>
>>1740136

Changing my vote to this so that we aren't stuck sitting here all day...
>>
>>1740126
>>
>Chow time.

The one constant of all military camps is they are full of soldiers. Soldiers need to be fed. Convenient signs on wooden posts at intersections in the road are studded with painted wooden arrows.

Charlie company, Rail Stop, Mech Garages C11-C26, Landing Strip 3, Armory B9, Mess B-E.

Following the signs and nearly getting lost several times you eventually scent the smell of greasy, cooking food. The lines of soldiers and cooks quickly become visible in a large open area of the camp. Tables and makeshift benches are arranged haphazardly with men balancing their trays of food while they make their way through the crowd.

You look across the crowds as you make your way through the line, drawing closer to the tantalizing smells of grease and fat. Grabbing a metal tray and a spoon and fork you are quickly moved along, the men behind you pushing like hungry pigs. The irritable cooks yell incomprehensibly as they smash ladles and scoops of greasy salted meat, boiled vegetables and potato's. A small tin of preserved fruit is thrown at you and you barely catch it, holding your tray tightly as you are shoved along. Grabbing a foil pouch of some sort of juice you free yourself from the press and look across the crowd for a empty seat.

>Sit with Bravo company, Dawkins is waving at you.

>Sit with some infantry, good to have friends in the muck

>There are some young, friendly looking officers. High up friends maybe?

>grab a crate. Eat by yourself.

>Other
>>
>>1740288

> Sit with Bravo company, Dawkins is waving at you
>>
>>1740288
>>Sit with Bravo company, Dawkins is waving at you.
>>
>>1740288
>Sit with Bravo company, Dawkins is waving at you.
>>
> Sit with Bravo company, Dawkins is waving at you
>>
>Bravo Company.

You hold your tray high and make your way through the crowded tables and crates littered with eating, joking, arguing soldiers. Dawkins waves his massive paw as you approach, glaring at the soldier from Echo company about to drag away the rare, open seat.
"Buzz off Ya tosser. Seats taken"

The stocky artilleryman sputters for a moment before realizing that Dawkins sitting is as tall as he is standing. With grumbled curses he returns to crouching with his tray with rest of the laughing Echo company artillery squad.

Placing your tray down with millimeters to spare on either side as you squeeze into the seat. Dawkins is shoveling a preposterous amount of food down with a spoon that resembles a small shovel. Across from you are a group of Cricket's mechanics, on your left is a short, swarthy Ghurka, a rarity in the Mech corp.

You dig into the cheap, simple, heavily salted food with gusto, filling the empty void in your stomach that clamors for more with every bite.

"So Crowley, enjoying your stay at our wonderful camp?"
Dawkins somehow is completely intelligible through a mouthful of food

>How are you liking it?
>>
>>1740360

"Boring but not too bad, just feeling ready to go to the field and start killing Huns."
>>
>>1740360

> "Bit early to say isn't it?"
>>
Can't really say, I've not been here for too long.
>>
>>1740367
>>1740375
supporting
>>
>>1740367
>>1740375
A combination of these, yeah.
>>
"Can't really say. I haven't been here long enough"
You reply honestly, washing down the salted "pork" with a swig of the watered down juice pouch.

The Ghurka to your left snorts audibly, looking at you with testing, dark eyes.
"Odds are you wont be.. Not many fresh recruits or pilots last long enough..."

With that he returns to his food, chewing slowly and staring straight ahead. Dawkins groans, leaning over to smack the back of his head, the light tap nearly putting the mans head into his plate.

"Get out of his head Huan. Doesnt need yer cryptic shite noodlin around his head"
He rumbles, shaking his head ponderously before nudging you with his elbow
"Huans one of the other Assault pilots. Crazy butter but he hasn't died yet so maybe there's something to it. What are you up to Huan? 23? 24?"

The Ghurka wipes mashed potato from his nose before replying coolly, obviously used to Dawkins
"Twenty seven. Pried from their Hunters and crushed like grapes."

You grimace, you had heard of Mech pilots keeping count of kills. Killing the pilot by ripping them from their Mech and crushing them was nearly suicidally brave.

>Speak to Dawkins (what about)

>Speak to the mechanics (About?)

>Speak to Huan (about?)

>Eat in silence
>>
>>1740418
>Speak to Huan
Tips for not staying alive long enough to get near like that. After all, we've got a lot of cqc spec.
>>
>>1740458

Support...
>>
Try to learn more about the mechs, what kinds there are. Maybe get the mechanics to like us, might turn out to be useful someday.
>>
>>1740418

Different kinds of mechs.

Also Cursed, may have gone a tad bit wild with Undead quest while I was QMing it. Forgive me
>>
>>1740504

You guys sure do love hanging the vote...

Changing my vote to this to hurry things along...
>>
>>1740504
Its all good amigo :) ill check it out in a bit.
>>
>>1740524

I should also let you know NotGentle decided to do a small side quest. Involving Wick...I miss him a lot, fortunately I have brought a new revenant there's a new revenant who'll carry on his legacy
>>
You gesture at the mechanics sitting across from you, the men seem permanently stained with grease and sweat, fingers blackened and faces scorched by exhaust and arc flashes.

"So what can you guys tell me about the Mechs? You must have quite a bit of inside knowledge about them"
You ask, pointing with your fork at a lone Lancelot-class Mech being swarmed by a small army of mechanics.

They grin, even their teeth seeming to be stained with grease
"Well you've got the standard Mech for our lads, the Footman. Lightly armored and mobile. Good for supporting infantry and light tanks. Not much in a stand up fight against anything of equal size or heavier."
Says one before another leans over, nodding towards the Front
"The Krauts use a similar chassis design for their light Mechs. The Hunters and ReichsWalkers are just a Footman with less and more armor respectively with some wicked weapons."
The third pushes his way into the conversation, eyes wide in excitement
"Then you have our Knight and Rook Class Mechs. Knights are Assault and Gunner classes usually. Lots of enhanced melee weapons and anti-armor cannons. Rooks focus on heavy, heavy armor with long range cannons or just a pile of smaller ones. Not as formidable as a Walker or a Galahad but still pretty better than the rank and file."

They nod at each other proudly, dissolving into discussion about ammo feeds on German Mechs.

>Ask about American Mechs

>Ask about German Mechs

>Ask about British Mechs

>Ask about Russian Mechs

>Ask about Ottoman Mechs
>>
>>1740640

>Ask about German Mechs
>Ask about Ottoman Mechs

Know our enemy, if just one let's go with the Hun mechs
>>
>>1740657

Support...

If you insist on us only choosing one option then:

> German
>>
>Ask about German Mechs.

"So what can you tell me about the Krauts? Ive heard Jerry makes them like clocks"
You ask, leaning forward as Dawkins begins arguing with the man next to him about whether or not holding your breath and running would save you from a gas attack.

Again their heads go together and they chatter away, excited for a chance to share their knowledge.
"German Mechs aren't as heavily armored as ours. A bit faster for the most part, the light ones will attack in groups and support each other. Their cannons are better than our comparable Mechs. The only good part is they spend so much time making them is they can't field very many at a time"
Says the one in the middle, tapping the table to emphasize. The one one his right leans forward for his chance to talk.
"Their Spider Walkers and Juggernauts are hard hitting. Heavy armor and large bore cannons. The Spiders are Knight killers due to those long guns on the top. Juggers are slow but hard to kill. You have to get behind them and fire into their engines or ammo feed to really mess with them."
The third pushes the other two to side and interjects.
"Their ReichsWalkers are pretty nasty but vulnerable in the joints and belly. You can immobilize them and then hit them at leisure. Hunters are like tin cans with cannons. Get close before they split you apart and you can cut through them like cardboard. Especially with an assault loadout, fire a high density shell straight into their firing slit. If you just avoid their heavy stuff and you should be fine."

>Ask about Ottoman Mechs

>Ask about American Mechs

>Ask about Russian Mechs

>Ask about British Mechs

>Ask Dawkins something

>Ask Huan something

>Other
>>
>>1740640
German mechs yo
>>
>>1740842
>>1740851
Damn mobile
Ottoman mechs
>>
>>1740842
>Ottoman Mechs
>>
>>1740842
Thats about what i thoguht they would be like.

>Ask about British Mechs
Ok what we working with
>>
>>1740993

Are we waiting for three votes in support of a single option?

You've provided almost an hour of time for submitting votes, I believe you are safe to make a call and move on...
>>
>>1741089
Idk how hes doing it
Or just takes a long time to type
Ir thr Internet is fucking up again
Also im not qm
Thansk for linking though
>>
>>1741106

My apologies. I meant to link to OP...
>>
>>1741106

He is on pain med too, could be that. Because goddamn you need some after losing an eye
>>
>>1741141

> after losing an eye

That sounds like it has an interesting story attached to it. If OP comes back I might ask them about it...
>>
>>1741141
losing an eye
Damm son
Could see that poping up in this quest
Qm puts himsilf in the quest when.
Also unlucky
The meds could do it as well
They would be strong
>>
>Yeah im back. Sorry I zonked out for a power nap by accident. Pain meds kick my ass from time to time. Whos still here?
>>
>>1741350

I'm here my king
>>
>>1741350
Continue my lord
>>
>>1741350
I'm here.
>>
>>1741350
Little late but here
>>
>>1741350
Here
>>
>>1741350
im here
>>
>Ottoman Mechs

You take a moment to absorb the knowledge you've been gifted. It seems that British Mechs hold the edge in close quarters and in standoff combat. You know that you may not only be facing Germans however.

"And the Ottomans? Would we be facing any of those?"
You ask, scraping the last bits of salted pork and potato's from your tray.

Exaggerated, cackling laughter comes from the grease stained mechanics. One going so far as to wipe a tear from his cheek as they calm themselves.
"Otties? In France? Nahhhh not on this Front. Otto stays down in the African front and keeping the Ruskies from swinging down and fucking Jerry in the arse. Theyre Mechs are shite from what ive heard. Almost no armor and Slow as hell but they make up for that by adding in the biggest cannons they can."
Says one before a second leans in to add to the description.
"They paint their Mechs like desert rocks, attacking from long range with armor piercing shot. Then they withdraw under cover of their infantry. Which is NOT shite."
The third leans forward, almost conspiratorially speaking in hushed tones.
"Ive heard they have some beast in their pocket. The Sultans Scorpion. Shot through a entire kill squad of Knights and their Lancelot. Never saw where the shots came from until it moved. Damn thing was enormous, they thought it was a hill!"

You lean back, shocked that anything could oneshot a Lancelot. The mighty Mechs could go toe to toe with almost anything.

Huan speaks up, gnawing at a piece of gristle
"We will face them in time. The Germans will fall. The Russians will fall. They will fall."

Dawkins snorts and smacks the table, his round face contorted into a scowl
"Lets just focus on the shite we deal with right now instead of fucking our own brains with rumors!"

"You don't know how right you are Private Dawkins"
Comes the rasping voice of Captain Theo
"Get plenty of rest tonight boys. We rotate up to the front tomorrow. Muster up on the main road out at 0630. Lets kill some Krauts boys."

Leaving your company in shocked silence before some scattered cheers and groans of despair ring out. Dawkins grins, smacking your back so hard as he stands you nearly bruise your chin on the table
"Lets scrap some Huns! Whoo! Lets go!"

It seems your stay in camp will be briefer than you thought. All around you men are shuffling around, headed to quarters, to armories, to garages for last minute work.

Huan stands slowly, stretching and rolling his joints as he makes his way towards Bravo company's armory. Dawkins headed back towards the garage.

>Follow Huan

>Follow Dawkins

>Head to the tent. Get some sleep (timeskip)

>Other
>>
>>1741512
>>Follow Huan
>>
File: 21c.gif (2MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
21c.gif
2MB, 500x281px
>>1741512
>Lets kill some Krauts boys
>>
>>1741512
>>Head to the tent. Get some sleep (timeskip)
>>
>>1741550
Shit, dropped my name.
>>
>>1741512

>Head to the tent. Get some sleep (timeskip)

I'm more than ready to make the most killy mech in all of WWI
>>
>>1741512
>Follow Huan
>>
>>1741649
>>
>>1741532
>>1741654

>>1741649
>>1741594

All tied up
>>
>>1741512
>>Head to the tent. Get some sleep (timeskip)
I'll switch to this, gotta get to killin.
>>
>Head to your tent. Get some rest.

You watch the dozens of soldiers around you splitting off to as many different destinations. Youre own shock and fear are pushed aside by your excitement.

You are headed to the front. Youre actually going there. This is... Terrifying. Exhilarating. Astounding.

You think youre going to throw up.

You make your nervous way to yours and Dawkins tent, collapsing onto your bunk with a groan. You kick your boots off and unbuckle your pistol belt, rolling to look at the canvas ceiling. The distant thunder of artillery and the slight rumble in the earth lull you to sleep despite your anxiety...

"WAKE THE FUCK UP CROWLEY WE'VE GOT KRAUTS TO KILL"
Dawkins excite bellow wakes you along with a earth shaking kick to your cot.

You jolt awake, jumping up and knocking your head against the support pole in the center. Yanking on your boots you grab your kit and clothes, stuffing them into your bag as you sling it over your shoulder. You buckle on your pistol belt and take the offered cup of strong tea from Dawkins, gulping down the searing liquid as you follow him, his bulk clearing a path to the Mech garages.

Infantry and Mechs stride down the lanes of the camp in thick columns, weapons gleaming and armor freshly painted. You watch as Crickets Knight stands from its resting crouch, thick armor inscribed with dozens of tallies, linked cannons grafted to one arm behind a thick shield. In the other massive iron claw is the reinforced grip of what appears to be a gigantic axe, the blade thicker than most tank armors.

Behind the war machine comes dozens of other Mechs of varying sizes. Footmen, Knights, a small group of Rooks and even Captain Theo's Paladin. The black armored monster has a inscription etched into its chestpiece and filled in with white paint.

"The Black Prince. Our 'Flagship' if you want to be nautical about it."
Comes Dawkins voice as he grabs your collar, dragging you into garage 3 and pushing you towards Myrmidon.
"Get the fuck in! Were gonna be late!"
He bellows, sling his bag behind the seat of Stomper and sealing himself in with a pneumatic hiss. The engine growls to life with a cough of thick black smoke before the Mech shivers to life, iron fingers uncoiling before gripping the firing studs of the deadly looking linked machine guns of tucked behind the cleaver edged shields.

You climb into Myrmidon, stowing your bag behind the seat, slotting your weapon into the rack beside the hatch. You flick the switches that control the door, the thick metal sliding closed, the interior lights flicking on as the door seals.

You strap yourself into the pilots seat, locking the toes of your boots into the controls. The wire and sensor filled control gloves go over your own hands, the thick gauntlets controlling the arms and hands of the Mech. You flick the ignition and the engine rumbles to life. With a heavy thump you step forward, working the fingers of the massive metal hands.

>Cont'
>>
>>1741949
>"The Black Prince
ahah
makes me think of black company quest with prince as the main guy
>>
You flick the switches and buttons lining the inside of the gloves, the steps becoming more sure as you follow the lumbering Stomper, hurrying along the flow of hundreds of men and machines.

You link up with your squad behind Cricket, Huans Grey armored assault Mech marching next to you, armed with a main gun similar to yours along with a thick, heavy bladed weapon that curves downward. Dawkins marches ahead of you, behind Crickets Knight and the higher ranking soldiers in their own Footmen and Knights.

You assemble at the main road leading out of town, already columns of infantry are marching in and out. Severely depleted regiments are coming in, fresh forces headed to the front. Convoys of tanks and gun trunks rumble to the front, soldiers clinging to the armor like insects for a free ride.

You take your position as Theo takes his spot at the head of the formation. Your own Mech barely comes up to the Paladins Knees, the massive "sword" it carries is thicker than Myrmidons entire chassis. Its other arm carries only several linked light cannons, perfect for firing in continous volleys.

The hatch in the Mechs headless torso opens and Theo's amplified voice echoes out.
"Bravo company! Jerry is making another push and those ladies we sent up last time couldnt do a damn thing about it! Lets head up there, throw the Krauts back and be back here in time for tea"

Whoops, cheers and laughter echo out as the formation moves out. The Mechs walking ahead of the infantry, the ground itself shaking from the multi-hundreds of tons assaulting it.
Gun trucks drive along the roadside, the heavy machine guns clattering as inquisitive German scout planes draw close. One pinwheels down, flaming, before smashing into a distant hill.

You all cheer internally, metallic fists raising in applause as the march goes on. For miles and miles you walk, the dark stormcloud of the front growing ever closer. The vibration in the ground grows stronger, youre able to feel it easily through the armored legs of Myrmidon.

The skies above grow black with smoke and ash, dueling planes and Zeppelins swarming like insects before coming apart again, the losers coming down like comets.

The ground becomes thick,ashy mud in places, barbwire and shattered wooden supports everywhere along the roadside. Groups of infantry and Mechs peeling off according to their placement on the front, headed to reinforce the needed areas in this section.

Your own squad and accompanying infantry and tanks are directed onto the left flank, a wave of The Black Prince's massive arm sending you off with the authority of a king

As you take your positions along the trenches and earth and stone reinforcements. The infantry manning machine guns and mortars, snipers taking hidden positions as Anti-Mech squads form up along the assault Mechs. Men armed with small rockets and massive barelled rifles, garbed in thick armor.

>Take your position with Huan

>Take a position with Dawkins

>Go solo

>Other
>>
>>1741963
Obvious reference is obvious
>>
>>1742034
>>Take your position with Huan
ahha i was right
this is really a bcqww2 isnt it?
>>
>>1742034

>Take your position with Huan
>>
>>1742034
>>Take your position with Huan
We're both assaulting so might as well.
>>
>Huan for all and all for Huan

You stomp along , stepping over small barricades and crouching down into a small, concrete and earth lined firing position across from Huan. The infantry behind you take positions, one knocking on your hatch with a shovel handle. You crack the viewing slit open with the small dial on its side.

"I guess you havent got a radio in there yet. Not surprising! Im Westbrook! We're your support squad. Well back you up and you back us up! Anyway, Krauts are moving in from what the Fliers are telling us. You good in there?"

Incoming German hordes? Men known for their lack of all human mercy and eerily reliable warmachines?
"Im great!"
You smile, flicking a thumbs up to the men who immediately devolve into cackles

"Well-ha! Well im glad youre spirited boy. You might survive this yet!"
With that you seal the bullet resisting glass, flicking through your ammunition options as a cloud of dust on the horizon grows closer.

>Load Anti armor-bonus to damage against Mechs and tanks

>Load explosive- splash damage. Excellent damage. Innacurate.

>Load Canister. Excellent against infantry.

>Keep solid shot loaded.
>>
>>1742156
>>Load Canister. Excellent against infantry.
We got a bayonet for the mechs, best to be able to fuck over the infantry too.
>>
>>1742156
We're assault right? Wait until the enemy is in charging range, also load cans. It's the job assault to assault we should wait until they close and then go on a little romp through their infantry.
>>
Seeing as we are about to get into combat here, ill post how combat works here.

Combat works at range with a 1d100 for the enemy Mech you are currently engaging.

Melee range- DC 50 to hit with guns or weapon
Short range-DC 60
Close Range-65
Medium range-DC 75
Long Range-DC 80
Far Range-DC 90

On a Hit I will roll a D10 to see WHERE you hit.
1-Joint of a leg (hampers mobility)
2-Main gun
3-Crew Compartment
4-Main armor
5-Engine
6-Cooling system
7-Fuel Storage
8-Hull attachment (lights/mortars/external weapon)
9-Riding Infantrymen
10-Ammo storage

Followed by 1d6 to see how bad the damage is
1-glancing blow, no effect
2-Slight damage, no penetration
3-Medium Damage, some armor damage
4-Clean penetration, hull breached, systems damaged badly
5-Heavy damage, Hull pierced and critical systems inoperable
6- Critical damage. Armor destroyed, Crew dead or wounded, Ammo/fuel detonates.
>>
>>1742156
>>Load explosive- splash damage. Excellent damage. Innacurate.
>>
File: Pileontank.jpg (39KB, 640x885px) Image search: [Google]
Pileontank.jpg
39KB, 640x885px
>>1742239
>Riding infantrymen
>Infantry protection

Do not be of nervous tovarisch, enemy will be of running low on rockets eventually.
>>
>Canister. Bonus to damage against infantry and accuracy at Short and Close range.

You settle the toggle on Canister, swapping out the box of ammunition for another on the "hip" of Myrmidon. The box of heavy shells rattles as it slots into place and the first slides home in the chamber.

A cry goes out along the line as streaks of light arc down along the lines and in the no-mans-land between the lines. Artillery slams down, showering the lines with soil and blood as men and Mechs dissolve under the steel rain. You have no option but to hunker down into your bunker with your infantry squad and hope you aren't hit directly.

>German Mechs and infantry are at Long Range.

>Fire.

>Hunker down

>Switch ammunition

>Other
>>
>>1742302
>>Hunker down
Whites of the eyes and all that jazz.
>>
>>1742302
Hunker down and cover your dudes with the body of your mech so if we do take a hit at least they've got a chance at survival. Let's not expend ammunition until we've got practically no chance of missing.
>>
>>1742302
>>Hunker down
>>
>>1742302
>Fire.
>>
>Hunker down

You crouch in your Mech, lowering yourself as much as possible and pressing yourself against the concrete wall. Westbrook and his men crowd against the wall, some taking cover from shrapnel underneath your Mechs body.

Metal shards ping from your armor as the rain of shells intensifies for a moment before slackening off. You curiously peek out, looking over the lines. Gaping chunks have been torn from the reinforced lines, several new fires burning where Mechs or tanks had been hit directly. A high velocity round kicks past your armor, thudding into the ground as the distant horizon lights up with twinkling gunfire.

With a earth shaking roar your lines respond, firing back into the charging mass of Germans. Distant explosions and gouts of flame kick up as the heavier shells split the German Mechs like tin cans.

Cricket braces his Knights overpowered cannon arm and fires a heavy shell, the large bore round arcing like a rocket before slamming down in the center of a Quadripedal Mechs body. Flame gouts upward as the stricken war machine sags, reduced to burning scrap.

Crickets amplified voice echoes out, piercing even your armor through the din of battle.
"Bravo company! Assault Squads! FORWARD!"

With a roar of men and flaring engines all around you, the Assault specialists and infantry of Bravo company leap over the barricades, firing as they go, following the imposing form of Cricket.

>Germans are at medium range.
>You have been ordered to charge.

>Charge. Stay low.

>Charge, Fire as you go.

>Remain where you are. This is nuts.

>Other
>>
>>1742380
>Charge. Stay low.
>>
>>1742380
>>Charge, Fire as you go.
RULE BRITANNIA
>>
>>1742380
>>Charge, Fire as you go.
could fire just infront of them to make some dustand make them miss some shots
>>
>>1742380
Stay low, we're close range, so we should fire when we're in close range. Straightening up or pausing to fire only increases the probability that we take a hit, and considering the size and quality of our mech we shouldn't risk that.
>>
>>1742395
supporting
>>
>Charge. Stay low
>>
>>1742402
That's one canister that could have been killing Krauts. Unacceptable waste of His Majesty's munitions.
>>
>Charge. Fire as you go.

You vault the barricade, your heavy feet sinking into the mud. All around you, men and war machines charge or are flung back by enemy fire. Mortars and light artillery pound down in the wave of your forces moving forward. As you watch a Footman from another squad is cored completely through, sagging still and quiet like a iron statue only to be shoved aside before being used as cover by a group of enterprising infantry.

You pound along as fast as you can, angling your barrel towards the enemy. The thunder of the barrel makes your heart pound, the fireball and cloud of pellets spreading out along the enemy wave.

Infantry are thrown back in a red mist, weapons clattering down as they flop like stringless puppets. From the cloud of vaporized blood steps a figure, shaped similarly to yours, a long barreled rifle in its metallic hands.

A Hunter.

>Enemy Mech is engaging.

>Fire (Short Range)

>Advance to Close Range

>Hunker down, let this Kraut come to you.

>Switch ammunition y/n and what type
>>
>>1742479
>>Advance to Close Range
Get ready for stabbing
>>
>>1742479
>Advance to Close Range

There are many things that training can prepare a man for.

A giant mechanical man with a bayonet the size of you leg trying to turn you into a skewer isn't one of them.
>>
>>1742479
Long guns are unwieldy when you're grappling, remember the basics of CQC and advance to close range with him. Don't let him even get off a shot, try and get behind that gun before he can bring it to bear on us.
>>
>Advance to melee range
>>
>Roll me 1d100 for your advancement and evasion of the opposing Mechs fire.
>>
Rolled 25 (1d100)

>>1742520
Keep a stiff upper lip
>>
Rolled 53 (1d100)

>>1742520
>>
Rolled 5 (1d100)

>>1742520
Dice!
>>
Rolled 78 (1d100)

>>1742520
>>
Rolled 79 (1d100)

>Rolling for enemy Mech's shot.
>>
Rolled 6 (1d10)

>>1742630
You've been hit. Where is it
>>
Rolled 3 (1d6)

>>1742633
>Cooling system. How bad is it.
>>
Rolled 80 (1d100)

>>1742520
>>
>Cooling system moderately damaged.

You crouch as low as you can while continuing your pounding run, the broad feet of Myrmidon tearing divots from the soil. A German soldier goes down under your feet, crushed to paste by the immense weight.

The long rifle swings around, the iron cross painted on the front of the Hunters hull gleaming as the barrel comes to rest. You swerve as quickly as possible, almost dodging the shot that blasts out.

With a heavy thunk and a jolt, your lights flicker, engine temperature quickly rising a few notches but still safely below red. You flick several switches, rerouting the coolant from the damaged hoses to slow the leak.

>You are at melee Range.

>Go for Melee attack.

>Shoot him

>Body slam

>Other
>>
>>1742650
>>Go for Melee attack.
Stabby stabby
>>
>>1742650
Try to drive our bayonet into his viewing port, then pry it open a bit and discharge a canister round into his drivers compartment.
>>
>>1742650
>>Go for Melee attack.
>>
>>1742656
This
>>
>Roll me 1d100 for your Melee attack and discharge of canister shot into the cabin.
>>
>>1742650
>>Go for Melee attack.
>>
Rolled 71 (1d100)

>>1742687
>>
Rolled 34 (1d100)

>>1742687
one roll for each?
>>
Rolled 90 (1d100)

>>1742687
>>
Rolled 34 (1d100)

>>1742687
Dice!
>>
Rolled 49 (1d100)

>>1742687
dammit missing the rolls
>>
Rolled 22 (1d100)

>Rolling for the enemy Mechs evasion/counter
>>
>90 beats 22.

You drive forward, screaming like an animal as you bear down on the German Mech. The Hunter pilot attempts to backstep and swing his own bayonet around.

It is a fatal mistake.

With your off hand you grip the "stock" of his oversized rifle, pushing it and his arms upward. You lunge forward with your own short, heavy bayonet, ramming it through the viewing slit of his Mech.

Crimson blood immediately sprays out around the blade as you work it back and forth before pulling the trigger.

The cabin comes apart like overheated tin, metal peeling away from the explosion along with a shower of red mist. You free your weapon from the twisted metal and look out over the battlefield.

It seems the charge has stalled as it met your counter charge, German and British Mechs entangled in Melee combat or firing with the infantry. You watch as Cricket engages a trio of enemy Hunters and a ReichsWalker. Firing his cannon into the hefty Walkers belly he swings the axe sideways, shearing one Hunter in half before kicking out, pure economy of motion reducing the smaller Mechs to scrap before he backsteps, burying the axe in the center of the ReichsWalkers chest. The war machine topples backward, aided by a hefty kick before Cricket retrieves his axe, diving back into the fray.

Dawkins slowly marches up in Stomper with the Support and Gunner Mechs. Heavy weapons and sure firing rifles start chipping into the enemy lines, Mechs and men alike wilting under the fullisade.

A oncoming Hunter falls, legs chopped from underneath it as Huan surges from a crater, jamming his weapon into a seam in the Germans armor, firing a short burst. He rises and waves you forward, blade gleaming with oil and blood.

>Advance with Huan.

>Fight in the thick of the Assault with Cricket and his men.

>Change ammo types and fight at range with Dawkins

>Attempt to repair your cooling system.
>>
>>1742779
>>Fight in the thick of the Assault with Cricket and his men.
Get good or die trying
>>
>>1742779
>Advance with Huan.
>>
>>1742779
>Fight in the thick of the Assault with Cricket and his men.

We are their shield, their iron giant. It's our job to get hit, so they don't have to.

Also we should probably fix that cooling system soon, that way we can run at full pelt without risking overheating.
>>
>>1742779
>>Fight in the thick of the Assault with Cricket and his men.
only way the learn
>>
>>1742796
Well now that we're done with the charge we shouldn't have to worry too much about pulling full out sprints. We aren't too bad off so we should definitely dig in and do some damage.
>>
>>1742779
>Attempt to repair your cooling system.
We can't help if you end up dying from overheating or rendered useless.
>>
>>1742822
not when we are this close to combate
your just asking to get killed
>>
>>1742822
This >>1742831, remember how we just chopped a couple krauts into ground beef with an offhanded shot while on the move at a longer range? Probably not a good idea to stop and get out of the mech at this proximity.
>>
>Fight in the thick of the assault. Confirmed. Switch ammo type Y/N and what kind.

>Available targets to engage

>A pair of Hunters, one Class and the other Support pinning down some Anti-Mech Squads and infantry. Medium range.

>A Light German tank trying to flank the main force with some gun trucks. Short range.

>The German infantry advancing slowly around the hunkering infantry
Medium range.
>>
>>1742843
>A Light German tank trying to flank the main force with some gun trucks. Short range.

Those gun trucks will tear our infantry to shreds and that tank could do so damage to our weaker rear armour.

We can easily handle them with our support squad and leave the others to the rest of the force.
>>
>>1742843
>>A pair of Hunters, one Class and the other Support pinning down some Anti-Mech Squads and infantry. Medium range.
>Switch to Anti Mech ammo
Gotta learn how to kill a mech better.
>>
>>1742843
We can act as a bullwark for our men to fire on infantry from, so let's take a knee and pump some AP into that tank and then HE for the trucks.
>>
>>1742843
Flank and tear through the german infantry
>>
>Tank and Gun Trucks.
>Load AP for Tank.

You drop to a knee in the thick mud, steadying the Mech as you switch out the ammunition boxes. The noticeably slimmer Armor piercing rounds slot in easily as your supporting squad takes cover around and behind you, following your lead to fire on the lightly armored German tank already pumping shot into your friendly troops.

>Enemy has not engaged you yet.

>Fire AP from medium range, Infantry squad fires rockets at Gun trucks

>Fire at Medium Range, Focus fire with Infantry.

>Advance to Short range. Fire AP at Tank. Focus fire with infantry
>>
>>1742868
Eliminating both the tank and the trucks simultaneously will save us precious seconds and therefore lives. Time saved now will be men saved in the near future. AP into the tank, missiles into the truck.
>>
>>1742868

If we can take a few gun trucks in good condition that'd be useful.
>>
>>1742868
>>
>>1742868
>>Fire AP from medium range, Infantry squad fires rockets at Gun trucks
>>
>Roll me 2d100 for FIRE AT EVERYTHING. first is yours, second your squads.
>>
Rolled 92, 44 = 136 (2d100)

>>1742892
>>
Rolled 90, 29 = 119 (2d100)

>>1742892
>>
Rolled 14, 57 = 71 (2d100)

>>1742892
>>
>92.
>57.

You settle your sights on the side of the enemy tank, the Grey painted armor speckled by ricocheted bullets. The cannon thunders again, a friendly light tank rolling to a stop with flames licking from the hatch. The gun trucks fire without mercy, cutting into the flanked infantry like a buzzsaw of lead.

Enough.

You pull the trigger and once the fireball of the shot has cleared a neat hole has been punched into the side of the tank, the driver attempting to climb out despite the greasy flames consuming his body. With a thunderous explosion the ammunition cooks off, the cannon and rotary mount flying off to land atop one of the gun trucks.

Your infantry squad shoulder their light rockets, aiming at the remaining gun trucks that shift and readjust their position, looking for where the shot came from.

The barrage of rockets falls just short, showering the gunners and infantry riding along the side before they locate your position, turning their sights on you.

>cover your infantry as they fire again.

>move up, stay low and move fast.

>Have your infantry stay in cover, move up and crush them.
>>
Rolled 34, 57 = 91 (2d100)

>>1742892
Combat is just Bo3 right? Still, rollan'
>>
>>1742951
fug that timing.
>>1742950
>Cover your infantry as they fire again
>>
>>1742950
Can't leave the boys high and dry with those guns turning on them, cover them and dump a round into one.
>>
>>1742950
>Have your infantry stay in cover, move up and crush them.
>>
>>1742950
>>Have your infantry stay in cover, move up and crush them.
>>
>Give me 2D100+10. You are firing from the same range at the same targets. You're getting your range.
>>
Rolled 83, 45 + 10 = 138 (2d100 + 10)

>>1742974
>>
Rolled 72, 10 + 10 = 92 (2d100 + 10)

>>1742974
>>
Rolled 42, 57 + 10 = 109 (2d100 + 10)

>>1742974
>>
Rolled 6, 100 + 10 = 116 (2d100 + 10)

>>1742974

>>
Rolled 20, 61 + 10 = 91 (2d100 + 10)

>>1742974
>>
>>1743043
is the crit going to do anything ?
>>
guse op is med napping
>>
>>1743098

I go to sleep. OP wakes up from his drug coma...

I wake up. OP passes out again...
>>
>>1743100
its all in the timeing

well i better go sleep 3am
better luck next time
>>
Rolled 1 (1d5)

Taking over from Cursed, since we worked on this quest together.

Using the crit for the infantry.
>>
>>1746852
>93
>100

The gun trucks open fire on you, and the chassis rattles with the cacophony of lead. Thank goodness for British mech armour. As it is, there is some scuffing of the main armour but nothing you need to worry about. You focus your sights on the truck nearest you and pull the trigger, slamming a supersonic steel shell straight into the engine.

The whole truck ignites as the AP's high explosive ignites the fuel spilling from the gaping hole. Shredded burning corpses are flung from the chassis as the vehicle is flung into the air from the force, and are quickly crushed as it crashes into the thick oily mud in a hail of scrap and flame.

By now the infantry have reloaded their rockets, and show their appreciation by finishing the work you started. The second barrage is a direct hit that sends red mist and tattered flesh everywhere, leaving a useless shell of a truck behind.

Your allies reward you with a wave of cheering and thanks, before turning away to return their attention to the looming threat of Germany's infantry.

>Pick a target

>A pair of Hunters, one Class and the other Support pinning down some Anti-Mech Squads and infantry. Medium range.

>The advancing infantry attacking entrenched British troops
>>
>>1746870

What range are the entrenched infantry at?
>>
>>1746870

Thank you for picking up this thread by the way...
>>
>>1746879
No worries. I'll drop it as soon as Cursed wants it back. They're at long range.
>>
>>1746870
>>A pair of Hunters, one Class and the other Support pinning down some Anti-Mech Squads and infantry. Medium range.
>Switch to antimech ammo
Best to take them down
>>
>>1746890

I Support this...
>>
>>1746890
AP is anti-mech
>>
>>1746907

Uh. Yes?

I would assume so. AP means armor-piercing doesn't it?
>>
>>1746907

Ah. I see what you are talking about. Just omit the [switch to antimech ammo] part I suppose...

Hey, Malchemist. Are we waiting on a certain number of suggestions or is it time-based?
>>
>>1746913
I was hoping for a third. I'll wait until half past.
>>
>>1746914

Eh. The thread isn't bumping anymore, so I doubt we'll get great deal of traffic. At this point you may as well update on a timer and hope a couple more people stumble across the thread before the session concludes...
>>
>>1746916
Fair enough. Assault and Gunner mech pinning anti-mech squads and infantry. Writing.
>>
You're distracted from your kills by a choir of bullets and screams. The Kaiser's cross shines on the armour of two Hunters focused on a large group of men little older than you. You spot some very heavy rockets and sticky bolas launchers signature of the anti-mech units.

One sports two dual-linked machine guns like Dawkins' mech and is using them to great effect, bullets skimming the brim of the trench the men are trapped in as if to say "I dare you to poke your head up even for a second." The other mech brandishes a gun similar to yours and is marching towards the trench to fire upon them. No doubt he's got canister ammunition.

>Enemies have not engaged you yet

>Pick a target: gunner or assault

>Fire (Medium range)
>Close to Short
>>
>>1746941
Not much the machine gun mech can do against our armor and he is only providing suppressing fire at the moment, so let`s take out the assault.
>Close to short
>>
>>1746941
>>1746945
seconding
>>
>>1746941

> Close to short
>>
Rolled 56 (1d100)

>>1746945
>>1746961
>>1746966
Double-checking you've loaded anti-armour, you trudge through the stinking mud and pieces of corpse and scrap. The gunner looks to you for a second, before both mechs turn away from the soldiers and focus their sights on you. The assault mech takes aim and launches a canister of infantry-shredding lead balls towards you.

Rolling for enemy hit.
>>
Sorry - roll to evade. First three only
>>
Rolled 39 (1d100)

>>1746983
>>
Rolled 19 (1d100)

>>1746983

>>
Rolled 97 (1d100)

>>1746983
>>
>>1746999

Nice...
>>
>>1746999
HAHAHAHA
>>
>>1746999
I was gonna roll, but the trips have spoken.

You surge to the side and the shot goes wild, a few pieces of shrapnel glancing harmlessly off your thick armour. Preparing to provide support as necessary, the Gunner backs away and trains its sights on your mech. The anti-mech squads have mobilised and are ready to support you.

>Gunner is still at medium range, Assault is at short
>Close to melee with the Assault
>Focus all fire on one mech (specify)
>Fire at one mech, have the soldiers target another
>>
>>1747026
>Focus all fire on one mech (specify)

Assault is the only one that might take us down and the soldiers can always head back to the trench while we take down the Gunner.

So let's light the Assault up.
>>
>>1747026
supportan:>>1747029
>>
>>1747026
>Focus all fire on Assault
If he can get close enough, he'll shred our squad with those cans. We need to take it down before that.
>>
>>1747029
supporting
>>
>>1747029

Why not close to melee? That served us well last time...
>>
>>1747029
This
>>
>>1747032
>>1747034

Mhm?

Why'd you vote twice?
>>
>>1747029
this
>>
>>1747033
Cause the risk of friendly fire is too high.
>>
File: knightbloodyhell.png (5KB, 440x135px) Image search: [Google]
knightbloodyhell.png
5KB, 440x135px
>>1747038
Cause the other one is my brother.
>>
>>1747026
>close to melee with the assault
>>
>>1747029

Supporting this...
>>
Malchemist? Are you still there?
>>
Sorry, chilling with the family. Writing
>>
>>1747029
>>1747030
>>1747031
>>1747032
Things are all kinds of hectic here. Be patient. Roll 2D100, one for you and one for the anti-mech crew.
>>
Rolled 27, 24 = 51 (2d100)

>>1747231
>>
Rolled 19, 20 = 39 (2d100)

>>1747231
>>
Rolled 49, 39 = 88 (2d100)

>>1747231
These rolls are abysmal
>>
Rolled 80, 96 = 176 (2d100)

>>1747231

>>
>>1747239

You were saying?
>>
>>1747240
Praise!
>>
Rolled 4 (1d4)

Okay, I'm back.
>>
Rolled 3 (1d10)

80, hit. Rolling for where.
>>
Rolled 3 (1d6)

>>1747295
3, crew compartment. Rolling for damage.
>>
Rolled 8 (1d10)

>>1747298
3, medium damage.

They say you get rid of a weed by pulling it up from the roots. This thought in mind, you aim directly for the driver himself and pull the trigger. A dart of steel slams straight into the bulletproof visor, and the explosive charge widens the hole to reveal the face of a German pilot with a bushy moustache, a pointed helmet and an expression of pant-shitting terror.

>96 for anti-mech crew, hit. Rolling for target.
>>
Rolled 2 (1d10)

>>1747328
Hull attachment not applicable, rerolling.
>>
Rolled 6 (1d6)

>>1747331
2, main gun. Rolling for damage.
>>
>>1747334
>6, critical damage.

Taking advantage of his diverted attention, the anti-mech crew launch a massive titanium-weave net over the damaged mech, entangling its joints and hampering its movement. In blind panic the pilot turns around and blindly fires the main gun, missing completely. A heavy rocket flies from the trench and slams straight into the rifle's shell extractor. In under a second every round in the mech explodes and the war machine topples over, flame and smoke belching from the ruined chassis and almost drowning out the screams of the man trapped inside.

The gunner mech pauses for a moment, before turning its machine guns on the young men inside the trench. Three of them die before they scramble back to the dirt wall and cling to it for dear life, begging you with their eyes to save them.

>Target is at medium range
>Anti-mech crew is suppressed

>Close to short range
>Open fire
>>
>>1747345
>Close to short range
rape it
>>
>>1747346
this
>>
>>1747346
RIP AND TEAR!
>>
>>1747345
>Close to short range
>Open fire
>>
>Only one, you greedy buggers

The gunner mech is continuing to pump a seemingly endless fountain of lead into the dirt around the trench, the odd bullet bouncing off a man's helmet and making him grip the wall ever tighter.

All of a sudden the guns stop. One particularly young one who probably lied about his age reveals himself, wondering if the guns have jammed and rendered the mech useless. Then the automatic reload finishes and bullets shred the poor soul like paper.

The war machine slowly stomps towards the trench, aiming to empty all the lead directly into the unfortunate men.

That is, until the pilot looked up and saw you thundering towards him

>Mech is off guard

>Continue to charge into melee

>Shoot him

>Other
>>
>>1747435
Melee!
>>
>>1747435
>Continue to charge into melee
massacre him
>>
>>1747457
RIP
AND
TEAR
>>
>>1747435
RIP AND TEAR UNTIL IT IS DONE
>>
>>1747449
>>1747457
>>1747497
>>1747510
You people are scary.

Roll 1d100-10 to avoid fire.
>>
Rolled 77 + 10 (1d100 + 10)

>>1747517
>>
Rolled 4313 (1d10010)

>>1747517
>>
Rolled 71 + 10 (1d100 + 10)

>>1747523
don't know what happened there
>>
>>1747517
Dice+1d100-10
>>
>>1747522
>>1747523
>>1747524
>>
Rolled 1 (1d2)

>>1747535
Typo.
>>
Rolled 10 (1d100)

>>1747536
Okay, there we go. 71 - 10 = 61.

Rolling for enemy fire.
>>
File: IMG_0010.gif (62KB, 188x199px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0010.gif
62KB, 188x199px
>>1747537
In a panicked reflex the pilot brings up the machine guns and flings all the lead intended for the anti-mech in your direction as you come thundering towards the mech, bayonet pointed like a spear, a crescendoing roar amplified through the speakers of-

And then the machine guns' thunderous rattle cuts short, replaced by hollow clicks.

No ammo. You can almost sense the fury in his soul.

Roll 1d100+10 to stab him. You'd better not fuck this up.
>>
Rolled 56 + 10 (1d100 + 10)

>>1747573
>>
Rolled 100 + 10 (1d100 + 10)

>>1747573
>>
File: 1413785545880.gif (936KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1413785545880.gif
936KB, 500x281px
>>1747589
>>
File: IMG_0037.jpg (73KB, 1300x1044px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0037.jpg
73KB, 1300x1044px
>>1747589
100. The blood god approves.

The mech before you takes a nervous step back, then another, before doing away with discretion and running for his life.

Not fast enough, though.

With a furious scream you slam your massive bayonet into the mech's back with all the force your mech can muster. The small primal part of your soul is rewarded by the sight of the mech's front latch flying off and revealing the pilot impaled on the end of a blade that could cut a car in two.

The anti-mech squad give you a round of thumbs-ups and thanks before joining the mass of the defence.

>Push back the infantry marching on the trenches

>Enough bloodshed for one day
>>
>>1747613
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD SKULLS FOR THE SKULLS THRONE!!!!!
>>
>>1747629
>BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD SKULLS FOR THE SKULLS THRONE!!!!!
I like it!
>>1747613
>>
>>1747613
>Push back the infantry marching on the threnches.
Maybe switch to canister shot again to make some more salsa?
>>
>>1747613
Push back the enemy!
>>
Also salvage when?
>>
>>1747663
... I'd completely forgotten about that. Okay: do you guys want to mark the last couple of kills for salvage first?
>>
>>1747688
Yes.

I mean that gunner was taken down with minimal damage to the important mechanics and the assault probably has a few parts of value seeing as everything but the cockpit and whatever was directly behind it should be fine.
>>
>>1747688
Yes please, we need the loot.
>>
>>1747688
Yes please!
>>
>>1747697
>>1747698
>>1747700
Gotcha. Gonna try something a bit introspective, tell me if you like it or not.

Thinking back to your talk with Cricket about "incentive" for mech upgrades, your heel knocks against the can under your seat. You decide that you might take advantage of the fragile quiet to mark a few scrap piles for salvage.

You decide it's most appropriate to start with the mech you first fought. Taking a moment to look at it, your eyes gaze to the gaping hole and the razor sharp metal around it. Then you notice a few strips of red caught on the jagged spikes.

Then it slowly dawns on you: Bradley Crowley, who hardly hurt a fly before his conscription, just killed a good fifteen men in half an hour. It feels... strange. Like you've lost something, but don't know what.

You paint a blue X on the mech and move on.

Following the heavy footsteps of Myrmidon brings you to the tank and the gun trucks. The tank, or rather its still-burning carcass, are too devastated to be worth much more than scrap metal. The gun truck that got crushed by the top might be worth something, though. The second truck is yet more rusting garbage, but the third might be useful for things like engine parts. You mark the first and third.

The memory of the cheering soldiers wanders back into your mind, and as you plod along to the recent two mechs you wonder how much time you bought them. Will they get to go home? Grow old and visit the memorials?

Will they visit you?

Lost in thought, your mech nearly trips on the assault Hunter you and the anti-mech crew brought down. Hopping out of your mech the stench of burning flesh hits you like a sledgehammer.

You can't get the man's face out of your head. Or his screams. Burnt alive inside his mech, poor sod. Nasty way to die.

Speaking of which, you can't quite think what drove you to impale the gunner driver like you did. Not like you. Especially since you kind of enjoyed it.

... does it make you a bad person?

No. No, it doesn't. You saved lives. You saved the anti-mechs, and the infantry pinned by gun trucks, and who knows how many others by proxy. You're a hero, more or less.

Right?

You mark the mechs and move on.

>Cont.
>>
>>1747766
The rumble of gunfire and shelling becomes more distinct as you approach the main assault. Bullets whizz to and fro across no mans land, most pinging off helmets or sending up sods of dirt but quite a few finding their mark. The soldiers that die fall to the ground, their death cries drowned out by machine guns and mortar fire as their bodies mix with the slush of mud and blood that reaches the knee.

You hunker down behind a concrete wall and think for a moment about your options. You're interrupted by a knock on your hatch. Cracking the viewing slit open reveals the familiar face of Westbrook, with the rest of the support squad behind.

"Spirited, indeed! You were so keen to get stuck into those two Hunters we couldn't keep up! Maybe you could use that scrap to buy us all some motorbikes!" He laughs at his own joke. "Anyway, the situation is they've been shelling us for a decent while, so I reckon they're gonna charge us soon. Fortunately they're mostly out of mechs, so it's a matter of holding the line until they get gassed!"

>How do you respond?
>>
>>1747886
>Damn, and here i was hoping we would be at Nuremberg come tea time.Only one thing for it then, lets dig in and get hidden so we have the jump on the next bunch of Huns that come past
>>
>>1747911
Supporting

>>1747886
>>1747766
Glad you touched on the fact he went from Green recruit to killing machine in the first skirmish
>>
>>1747911
thirding
>>
>>1747911
"Damn, and here I was hoping we'd be at Nuremberg come teatime. Only one thing for it then, we dig in and get hidden so we have the jump on the Huns."

Westbrook and his squad laugh. "Sounds like a plan to me! Make sure you've got your canisters loaded, Jerries are thick but not that-"

With a shallow thud a shell lands in the dirt next to you and begins leaking a kind of yellow smoke. You can faintly smell garlic and horseradish.

"GAS! GAS! GAS!"

>Roll a d20 to get your gas mask on
>>
Rolled 18 (1d20)

>>1750473
>>
Rolled 9 (1d20)

>>1750473
>>
Rolled 17 (1d20)

>>1750473
>>
Rolled 2 (1d3)

>>
File: IMG_0273.jpg (79KB, 428x515px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0273.jpg
79KB, 428x515px
>>1750577
>9.

You struggle to put on the gas mask as quickly as you can, fumbling and almost dropping it before securing it over your face and breathing the stale air inside.

You check through the viewing slit to see if your support are okay. The majority of them, including Westbrook, have already secured the masks. A handful are still struggling, however, and one man has fallen down choking on the pus in his lungs, despite wearing a mask. Poor sod probably got a faulty one.

Wary curiosity makes you peek over the wall of the trench, and a disconcerting sight greets you. Hundreds of Germans, gas masks affixed and helmets pointing to the sky, are charging across no man's land and are over halfway to the trenches. They must have coordinated the strike to catch you off guard.

>Infantry are at short range. Canister ammo loaded.

>Take cover and open fire
>Move up and close to melee
>>
>>1750583
>>Take cover and open fire
>>
>>1750583
>>
>>1750583

Canister shot'll turn them back quickly and the gas will keep us hidden from other Mechs.
>>
>>1750585
>>1750586
>>1750589
2d100. One for you, one for support.
>>
Rolled 52, 37 = 89 (2d100)

>>1750681
>>
Rolled 88, 76 = 164 (2d100)

>>1750681

>>
Rolled 70, 99 = 169 (2d100)

>>1750681
>>Take cover and open fire
>>
Rolled 3 (1d3)

>>
Rolled 86 (1d100)

>>1750690
>70, 99

The ground seems to shake under the footfalls of innumerable soldiers, seemingly too many to kill. To hold off such an assault would need either equally countless soldiers or a startling powerful weapon, something that can spew clouds of death that could shred through soldiers and keep on going.

Fortunately you have both. And so do some of your friends.

With an ear-splitting cacophony that penetrates even your carapace the entire front line erupts into earth-shattering gunfire that sends unquantifiable tons of lead over the slushy mud of no mans land, straight into the bodies of the infantry. Bones shatter like glass and flesh tears like paper as the Kaiser's men are reduced to formless piles of lifeless meat and blood.

The surviving soldiers (about two-thirds of the initial assault) are completely stunned, covered with the blood of their former friends, ears ringing from the auditory onslaught. Time seems to stop.

And in a moment the battle resumes. Some soldiers turn and run, choosing execution for desertion over this nightmarish fate. Others fall to their knees, either clutching mortal wounds or completely broken from the horrors of war. Most of them fire back into the trench. Sods of dirt fly high as bullets thud into the ground.

Amidst the bullets pinging off your armour you spot a rocket arcing high over the soldiers, headed to you and your support squad.

>Rolling for enemy attack
>>
Rolled 4 (1d10)

>>1750705
86, hit. Rolling for target.
>>
Rolled 1 (1d6)

>>1750707
4, main armour. Rolling for damage
>>
>>1750708

Did that rocket literally just ping off of our armor?
>>
>>1750708
>1, glancing hit, no damage

Turns out the rocket was a shrapnel shell. This much at least is clear from the rattling of lead balls bouncing harmlessly off the armour that's already saved you from a few stray bullets.

The last volley of gunfire in addition to the destruction of the mechs has clearly shaken the Germans. This in addition to your efforts to prevent your troops' suppression proved too much for them, and sure enough your ears strain to hear the bugle that signals the retreat.

As the Jerries scurry back to their holes a roar of triumph emerges from the trenches. Looking up and down the lines you see Cricket in his tallied Knight, shield lowered and axe held high. Dawkins in his "right turtle" Stomper and Huan in his Footman standing idly by and Captain Theo emerges from the hatch on the Black Prince to announce "Good work, lads! Those Krauts'll think twice before they send out another charge. What'd I tell you, back in time for tea!"

Cheers erupt from the entirety of the front line as he turns his steel colossus around, and all surviving mechs and support squads turn back towards the base camp, exhausted from a day's combat.

>And on that note I will surrender control back to Cursed. Hope you liked my take on the quest. Ta-ta!
>>
>I have returned to the land of the living, whole and slightly better than I was before. Who remains in this hellish quest?
>>
>>1750819
As long as mechs are a part of this I'm stuck here.
>>
>>1750819

I am here OP. Malchemist did an excellent job holding down the fort while you were busy air-comboing Cerberus...
>>
im here, and i will be for 4-5 hrs
>>
>>1750819
here to stay
>>
The march back to camp is a long one. Miles pour by under mechanical feet as you stare out of the viewing slit of Myrmidon. Soldiers march alongside the Mechs, the wounded and recovered dead loaded onto half tracks and trucks, blood dripping from the beds of the vehicles in a steady trickle.

You pinch the bridge of your nose and breathe deeply, trying to calm the ringing in your ears. Unbidden images pour into your mind.

A blade the size of a mans leg plunging into the face of a German mech pilot.

Infantry being ripped apart by canister shot. Limbs and intestines flying in a red mist.

A man, screaming as he burned, trapped in what had once been his armor.

A trench full of corpses. Blood sloshing knee high in the mud as those too wounded to climb struggle as they drown.

You are Brandon Crowley. You have never killed a man until today. You may have killed over forty men... Maybe more.

You're still a good person right?

Right?

>Are you?

>This is war. People die. You saves your fellow soldiers by killing those men. You did the right thing.

>Youre a monster. You killed those men like sheep. What have you done! WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?!?

>actually.... Now that you think about it... You kind of liked it... A little...

>Other
>>
>>1750869
>actually.... Now that you think about it... You kind of liked it... A little...
Personally I'm really sick of the other two war tropes.
>>
>>1750869
>>
>>1750869

Yes. I'm feeling a little Khornate at the moment...
>>
>>1750877
SUPPORTING FOR THE BLOOD GOD!
>>
You rub your eyes ,blinking away sweat and more than a few tears you come to a sudden realization.

You liked it...

The power. The righteousness. The feeling of invulnerability.

It was amazing.

You blink away your momentary feelings of regret and self loathing, thinking about how well you had done on your very first engagement.

The tent and garage city of the main camp comes into view as the long miles melt away under your Mechs feet. Men and machines begin splitting off from the column,sadly depleted from the mighty force that had marched out. Some of the wounded will live, some of them may even return. But the dead are gone forever.

Stomping into garage 3 you hook Myrmidon up to your docking bay, popping the seal and climbing out. Already a pair of mechanics are crawling on it like insects, wrenches and tools ready.

"Coolant pump took a hit"
You call tiredly, running your hand through your hair.

"Jaysus! From what??? Der Krieg??? Ah bullocks.... We can fix it. Alan! ALAN! toss me the grinder!"

The sound of squealing metal accompanies Dawkins stomping steps as Stomped docks, its massive shields pockmarked by hundreds of bullet smears.

Cricket is already back in his chair, filling out a report of some sort as awestruck mechanics clamber over his nameless mech, one cutting and additional eight tallies into its chest armor with a heavy grinder.

You are exhausted, mentally and physically but you may be able to get something done.

>Talk to cricket about your scrap and incentive for upgrades.

>Talk to Dawkins about the battle.

>Go get some food

>Go get some sleep. Fuck all this noise.

>Other.
>>
>>1750930
>Talk to cricket about your scrap and incentive for upgrades.
>Go get some food
>>
>>1750940
Seconding
>>
>>1750940

Thirding...
>>
>>1750947

Are we waiting for something, or did OP nod off again?
>>
>>1750930
>>1750940
Fourth
>>
>>1750930
>>1750819
Scrap for the scrap god!
>>
>>1750930
>>Talk to cricket about your scrap and incentive for upgrades.
More scrap
>>
>Sorry for the delay. I had a follow up appointment and fell asleep after I got home.
>Writing.
>>
>>1752005
Gonna give you a little tip, if you want to keep a consistent readership its best to post when your leaving or going to be pausing. Even if its just a sentence with a rough estimate when you'll be back.
>>
>>1752015
Yeah im really sorry about that.
>>
>>1752108
Its okay just don't keep doing it. I don't want one of the only mecha quests still running to die.
>>
>Ofrap and Upgrades.

You approach Cricket, the thin Mechanic pulling a tattered photograph from his jacket pocket before slotting it back into a frame on his desk. He looks up from stroking the tarnished metal frame with his thumb to give you a small smile and a faint nod of his head, his short cropped hair nearly white under the layer of grease that has stained it.

"Crowley. I saw you out there today. Very well done, you saved a lot of men today. What can I do for you?"
He says in his dry, smooth voice, folding his hands on his desk.

"I scrapped and marked three German hunter Mechs, a light tank and a pair of gun trucks. Just wanted to know how much of an... Incentive Id bought"
You ask tiredly, scratching your scalp as you list off the kills.

Cricket's pale, nearly colorless eyes widen imperceptibly as he nods, pulling a small folder from within a drawer on his desk.
"Three hunters? A light tank and a pair of gun trucks? Hmmm... Comes out to... Nine units of scrap metal and parts. The scrap crews should have them in our pile before long, cleaned out and smelling fresh."
He closes the folder, looking at you over his steepled fingers
"Were you looking to do some business?"

>Available much upgrades.
>improved seals and filtration system-2 Scrap.
>Increased engine power (Speed)-3 scrap
>Improved arm pistons (Mech has increased upper body strength. More melee damage.)-2 Scrap.
>Shield- Resistant to bullets and fire from equivalent Mechs. Non AP resistant- 4 Scrap.
>Improved armor- (thicker, heavier armor across the body) 4 scrap
>Dedicated melee weapon (slots into the Mechs back when not in use. Sword/Axe/Mace/Hammer/Spear,etc)-3 scrap
>Arm mounted linked LEG's (good for suppressing infantry while retaining anti Mech ammo) -2scrap
>Radio- communicate with other mechs- 2 scrap
>Other (write in, ill decide cost)
>>
>>1752408
>Improved arm pistons-2 scrap
>Dedicated melee weapon (slots into the Mechs back when not in use. (Flail)-3 scrap
>Shield- Resistant to bullets and fire from equivalent Mechs. Non AP resistant- 4 Scrap.
Full Melee
>>
>>1752408
>>Radio- communicate with other mechs- 2 scrap
>Dedicated melee weapon (slots into the Mechs back when not in use. Sword/Axe/Mace/Hammer/Spear,etc)-3 scrap
>>
>>1752422
I backing this for Rip and Tear
>>
>>1752408
>improved seals and filtration system-2 Scrap.
>Radio- communicate with other mechs- 2 scrap
>Improved arm pistons (Mech has increased upper body strength. More melee damage.)-2 Scrap.
>>
>>1752472
Supporting
>>
>>1752472
I'll support this over mine
>>
>>1752472
This, let's pump our base performance and team synergy before hitting the specializations.
>>
>>1752422
I back this, except I say make the weapon a Spear instead of a Flail. Hoplite Mech, anyone?
>>
>>1752472

I support this...
>>
>>1753353
I'll vote for this when we do our next upgrade, preferably have the spear welded to our gun so when we spear an enemy we can still shoot them as well. Probably help to work the point loose.
>>
>>1753363
There's a reason they don't put spears below rifles.
>>
>>1753372
There's a reason we don't build giant fuckoff mechs.

Neither of these reasons are necessarily relevant to this quest.
>>
>>1753372
>Acting like a bayonet doesnt turn a gun into a spear
>>
>>1753407
Its a size issue, a spear on the bottom of a rifle would make it useless in cqc since the spear would block it from making shots due to its size getting in the way. A bayonet is small enough where this doesn't happen as much.
>>
>>1753411
Just have the spear held to the gun by a pair of large metal pins. Pull the pins out, the spear falls away, and your gun is freed for action. Call it more of a lance, it's designed to break and be discarded after delivering a single devastating blow, or again you just stick it in a target and then pop it off, leaving you free to attack other targets.
>>
>>1753441
Then your out a melee weapon and you would only drop it in melee range so it would be useless.
>>
>>1752472
I support this
>>
To The Peopel that wants a meele weopen vant we just Pick one ud from a deadline enemy Mech

Sorry for grammar error
>>
>>1753791
it depends on whether they had any melee weapons to begin with
>>
>>1753797
Well some of Them must have a meele weapon
>>
Say Can we give our mech a paint job
U know a theme
>>
File: MedevialMech.jpg (14KB, 287x300px) Image search: [Google]
MedevialMech.jpg
14KB, 287x300px
>>1752408
Come back op
>>
File: PirateMech.jpg (150KB, 900x1250px) Image search: [Google]
PirateMech.jpg
150KB, 900x1250px
>>1750583
come back xtra special op
>>
>>1753808
I first thougt WTF does come back op mean
And the i figures it out
>>
Does anyone have a picture of What a footman Mighty look like
>>
File: Dyxsleia.jpg (50KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
Dyxsleia.jpg
50KB, 720x540px
>>1753814
>>
>>1753818
?
>>
>>1753818
Oh yeah Sorry about the grammar i am using my iPad and auto correct is fucking me over
>>
>>1753814
Lets just forget about this post
I dont know WHy i postet that
>>
damm guys i dont think the op is coming back soon
>>
who is still here
>>
So. OP passed out again?

Guy must be drugged up to his eyeballs...
>>
yeah i have heard its because he has lost an eye
but i dont know if its true
>>
but anyway after this upgrade what do you think we can do
>>
and i am alone again ....damm
>>
>>1753901

That's about right. /qst/ is a very slow board...

>>1753894

We were already given the jist of what our upgrades did when we chose them...
>>
>>1753917
i meant do you think we are going to the front right after the upgrade or do you think we get some time to do somthing else
>>
i am afraid that if i dont look the op is gonna come back and when i finnaly look at the quest again we are at the ottoman empire
>>
i was just about to suggest that malchemist took over the quest while cursed was doing whatever he is doing but i think what malchemist did was a one time thing
>>
okay im back and... nothing new posted by either op or other people
>>
Can we change our ranged weapon?
>>
Would you shut up? The thread moves when the OP posts. Try waiting for someone else to reply.
>>
>>1754288
Okay, while I appreciate your keenness you have to be patient with us. Cursed lost an eye last month and he's bogged down by infections and painkillers, and in addition he recently became an uncle. I, on the other hand, am busy looking for an apprenticeship so I don't spend the rest of my days stacking shelves.

Now, while I'm here, your questions:

You can't get a different ranged weapon besides aforementioned LMG on your forearm. However, if you get LOTS and LOTS of scrap you could buy a new mech with a different ranged weapon. In the short term you could upgrade the gun you have for more damage.

The quest icon is supposed to be what a Footman looks like.

You can't just pick up a weapon because it might not synchronise with the mech (too heavy, too small, wrong kind of ammo etc).

Once you get the upgrade you can go to the mess and have some dinner, and talk with Dawkins, Huan and anyone else you encounter. After that you need to go to bed.

Also, learn some goddamn grammar, reading your posts has given me a headache.
>>
File: AutismOS.png (254KB, 1248x621px) Image search: [Google]
AutismOS.png
254KB, 1248x621px
>>1754386
"That guy"
>>
I must apologize for all the nagging post's earlier.
i will stop posting unnecessarily.
and dont worry i will start to learn some grammar
>>
File: IMG_0014.jpg (342KB, 1050x750px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0014.jpg
342KB, 1050x750px
>>1754911
Dankeschön.
>>
>im back. I was in some serious pain last night and couldn't focus and took possibly a heavier dose than I should have and slept for 16 hours. My bad. Ill start up a new thread and tally in your votes for upgrades
>>
>>1755372

New thread
Thread posts: 475
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.