[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Headgasket Quest, Part 2

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 9

Last thread:
>>147485
Pastebin:
http://pastebin.com/aUPxW6zj

We are Olivia Lark, a 20 year old girl that is searching for an used car to start a summer filled of adventures.

Currently we are in a gas station with Peter asking if we should go to see the MR-2 or go and find out the secret self storage compartment of our grandfather.
>>
>>170454
MR-2
>>
You settle down on going to visit the MR-2 owner. You ope the pack of chips and share with Peter while you both try to locate the owner location in the map and the fastest route to get there. Also, you notice that the rain has stopped and the pavement is just damp.

The ride is just a few minutes away but...

Wait.

What's that on the road?
>>
>>171106
Who cares, let's meet the seller already.
>>
You estay cat jumps in front of the car but you don't give it attention. You didn't ran over it. When you get to the seller house, you see its a very big property.

Its not completely out of town, but it is on the region bordering the woods. Peter's RX7 braps through the small driveway and stops at the porch and park next to a 90s Ford Pickup truck. You get out and knock on the door.

- Who's there!?
- Its me, the kid that is interested in the MR2.
- GO AWAY! Nobody will take anything from my property!

Huh? You try to remember the call you had with him...

Wasn't his voice... younger? Also, why would he put in on a car selling market place if he has no intention of selling it?

You sit next to Peter on the fender, and you wander around with your eyes. You see that a few yards away from the house is a large shed, probably it could fit around 2 or 3 cars. Also, next to it is an old Ford Galaxie with the words "The Mighty Gramps" handprinted on the door.

>Do we check the shed without the old man permission?
>>
>>171543
>Do we check the shed?
No.
Maybe we have the wrong address?
>>
Stock photos don't necessarily mean that are accurate descriptions of the characters or settings present in the quest. But help to illustrate what are we going for.

You decide to now check the shed.

You draw your map on the hood of the car. With Peter you double check the directions and everything checks out. You are sure you took the right turn on Maple, even if you didn't, the house numbers check out, and we are on the right direction, its even the same number of the house... Weird.

You adamant go back and knock on the door. The same old man yells you to go away. You turn back to see Peter. He looks bored about this signals you to turn back and go home. You knock one more time and a younger man, around your age, maybe older, appears at the front door.

- Ah, so there you are... Excuse my grandpa, he's a bit moody when people ask hm about his cars.

> Would you like to come in?
>>
>>171681
Sure
>>
test
>>
>>171681
Why not?
>>
Back from classes

- Sorry about that, gramps is a bit moody.

You sep back and signal Peter to come in. You step on the wooden stairs of the porch. They creek after your steps and follow Peter steps too.

As the guy opens the door, you notice the smell of cigarettes and alcohol. Its dark inside for a living room, with all the curtain closed and a few furnitures blocking parts of the windows. You notice that some of the walls of this living room are covered in newspaper clippings about a man and his racing feats. Like a small hall of fame for the ex-racing driver pictured in the old black and white photos. Also some of the living room furniture is covered with trophies of a glory filled racing past. You stay in awe at this sight. Peter is mildly fascinated. The old man is sitting on a couch nearby and coughs a little with the fresh air that the open door let in.

- Could you close the damn door?
- Sorry gramps.
- And who are these kids?
- Some friends, I will take em to the kitchen.
- A'ight, just don't eat my damn chicken.
- Okay, gramps.

So, you are here about the MR-2, right?

> Yeah, lets get down to business.
> Tell us more about the trophies.
> Nevermind.
> (Write in...)
>>
>>176650
Check out the car. Isn't that what we came here for?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (417KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
417KB, 1920x1080px
- Yeah, we noticed its not outside.
- We have it in the garage, right now. It was a project between Gramps and me.
- Project?
- We found it near California, low miles, nice everything. It wasn't completely like new, but it was a solid car. Low miles, even.
- And what you did to it?
- Brought back that little 4A-GE to life. Replaced everything that needed to be replaced, restored everything needed to be restored. That kind of stuff. Even got a set of new tires.
- Sounds good to me. What do you think Peter?
- I would like to check it before.
- Oh sure, this way.

He leads you out though the kitchen door to the patio. You can see the garage a few yards away. He tells something about how it used to be owned by a nice college girl. But she had no use for it anymore.

He opens the garage door and there it is.

>When was the last time you saw one of these old Toyotas?
>Would you like ask the guy something?
>>
>>176757
>Is the body ok? No rust, no accidents?
>>
>>176772
Second.
Let's see where this all goes.
>>
I feel like im leading a dead quest.

You try to remember the last time you saw a car like this. It was maybe 10 or 11 years ago. It caught your attention because it was so tiny compared to the other things on the road. Specially one of those trailer trucks. You were riding with your father and with your grandpa. Your father was focused driving on the highway but Papa saw it too. He say something about how wonderful the technology has gotten where we can put the engines on the middle of the car and sell them so cheap compared to those other european cars like Ferraris. Your father mentions something about taxes and stuff like that. Papa said he would like to own one of those.

Peter takes you back to the reality.

- Rust? Accidents? Anything worth mentioning?
- Yeah, about that. Looks like the girl who used to own it, drove it hard. As you can see, here are some autocross stickers.
- Autocross? - You ask
- Yeah. Low miles, but she took it religiously every sunday to the autocross. - Says the guy,
- What do you say Peter?
- He, the girl also told me this car was cop magnet and got a few tickets with it. But boy, that girl had a lead foot.

Peter stares at the car and gets on the floor to see under it as the guy tells this.

- It looks clean from this side.
- Sure it is. We checked everything on this bad boy last summer. Its completely straight.

That sounds good in your books. Peter checks the engine bay and the interior.

>What do you say? Wanna test drive it?
>>
>>176823
>Drive around the block
>>
>Sounds good. Let's take it round the block a few times just to be sure.

Keep at it OP it'll pick up if you roll with it.
>>
Thank you guys

- Sure - You respond.

Here you are, sitting on the command seat of the boxy spaceship that is the MR-2. You press the third pedal, turn the key and with a mighty roar you bring the engine to life.

>Rev?
>Road to take?
>Will it rain again?

Roll
>>
Rolled 98 (1d100)

>>177038
1) Don't abuse it, let it warm up on the road.
2) Around the block, maybe on the highway after that.
3) Rolling.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96TPRx5hpzQ
>>
File: 94_big.jpg (74KB, 700x560px) Image search: [Google]
94_big.jpg
74KB, 700x560px
>>177049
Holy, the dice gods are with you.

. . .

- Lets take it easy, yeah?

The MR-2 revs a little bit as you finish talking to your self even if you haven't touched the gas pedal. Weird? Is the car... Nah. That only happens on Lindsay Lohan movies.

You gently roll the car through the driveway, and with the guy on the passenger seat, you start the drive test. You take a quick look to the sky and the sun is shining bright. Looks like no more rain for today.

Driving through this part of town is relaxing, it is not like the grid downtown.You can feel the engine quietly rumbling behind you, and you feel that the car is obeying all of your commands. You are taking it easy.

- Hey, name's Mark. I think I didn't introduced myself.
- Olivia.
- Pretty name for a pretty girl.

You stay silent and try to focus again on the MR-2. Maybe there's something here that's beyond word...

- Take a right here.
- Huh?
- It's my favorite road from around here. Route 94.5.
- Want me to...
- Go ahead if you want to.

You do the right turn and slowly the civilization starts to fade. 2 lanes turn into one. And then its only you, the open highway and the MR-2. Suddenly you feel.. strange?

> Its like someone its telling me something.
> Probably just the excitement of testing a new car.
>>
>>177095
B) Mysterious or mundane, there's something about this car, indeed.
>>
> Probably just the excitement of testing a new car.

Roll with it.
>>
You shake off your feelings. Its just driving a new car, this is really different form dad's Corolla. Maybe that it.

- Don't be afraid to rev it a bit. After this turn comes a long downhill straight.

You grin as you hear this. After downshifting to take the turn, you gun it. The engine roars. It feels... free? As it gains RPM and hear the rumble of the small four cylinder engine you feel... in control? You haven felt like this in quite a time. You kinda remember trying the special brownies of Peter's friend, but this feeling is... different. You try to remember your first crush, the butterflies in your stomach and... No, no, no. Its not like that, is it? An image comes to you in a flash. Peter. You remember the times you chatted in the auto mechanics class, the times when he was there to support you after Daniel broke up with you, the time when you went to the lake with Michelle and Sam to throw rocks at the lake. But its not friendship, could it be...

The Revs jump briefly, awaking you. Mark looks worried about the upcoming hair pin.

- Oliva...

> Quickly, do something.
> Think about it.
> Lets see what the MR-2 can do.
>>
Rolled 77 (1d100)

>>177444
Heel-toe downshift. You heard about that, time to try your hand at it.
>>
File: maxresdefault-1.jpg (165KB, 2000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault-1.jpg
165KB, 2000x1333px
Mark closes his eyes and braces for impact. You are having none of that.

You have seen him do it hundreds of times, and every time he does it perfectly. Maybe that's why they call him the King. You have already slowed down the car, but taking the corner is different. You decide to try it. Foot on brakes, clutch in, tap gas, fourth gear, clutch in, tap gas, third gear. The MR-2 sounds delighted about this. It even shoots a small flame from the exhaust.

As you begin to put power down the curve, you feel the car as it starts to over steer and you promptly correct it. It wasn't pretty but it works. You feel energized and powerful. You think you could beat anyone now.

After scaring Mark with that, you turn back and return to his home. Mark feels a bit better. And you still got a big grin on your face. One thing is sliding with Peter and other thing is doing it your self. You feel connected to the MR-2.

. . .

When you get back, Peter turns to both of you and asks how was the test-drive.

>Write-in.
>>
>>180857
>"I just HAVE to buy this car. It speaks to me, man."
>>
>>180870
Nah, we gotta play it cool. Let them know we're in love with it and they'll take us to the cleaners. Gotta play like we're barely interested if we want to negotiate.

> "It was alright. Kinda small, but it'll do. Where were you on the price again?"
>>
>>181042
You're right, actually.
But won't you agree that this one's our best bet between the beige box, a V6 bitch chariot and a Nissan "Torque Steer for Days" Sentra?
>>
>>181046
Obviously, that's why we need to negotiate a deal to make this happen.

[Spoiler]I actually own a MR2, lot of love for the platform.[/Spoiler]
>>
- Hey, I gotta tell you something about this.
- What's up?
- The car's is just... I don't know how to explain it. But the car speaks to me.
- Are you okay?

Mark overhear this and adds

- Well, I have never seen anyone control a car like she did. She's a natural.
- What do you mean? - Peter asks
- She just threw the car at the corner, dude. Never seen someone do that kind of stuff, at least not in person.
- Wait, what? What corner? Thought you were going around the block.
- Well, I thought she wanted to feel the car perform better, so I told her to take the route 94.5
- Dude...
- I know, I know. But I have to say that she's a natural driver, man.

Peter looks surprised as he tries to imagine you going hard at the hairpin of Route 94.5. Mark turns to you and asks you your opinion. You think that saying that the car is talking to you is a bit unnecessary.

- Well, it was alright. Its kinda small.
- So, are you interested?
- What was the price, again?
- Well...

>Do we try to bargain? Is this MR-2 the car that we want?

We could go back to other options. Or discuss other options. The fun stuff starts after this.
>>
Rolled 59, 96 = 155 (2d100)

>>181414
Bargain, but don't mind paying full price. Rolling for success.

Also, what tires are on the car? All-seasons (no-seasons) or something sporty?
>>
- What about 2,000?
- Are you kidding me? Come on. You know this car is worth more.
- Uh, uh, uh...
- Look. I saw what you can do with it. I was originally asking 4k. For me, 3.5k sounds like the perfect price for it.
- But, but... uh... it has all-seasons. I'll have to... change em.
- $3300. Final price.
- Deal.

Even if you are in the kitchen with Mark signing the papers, even when you don't have your drivers license with you, you can feel that your mind and soul and in another place. You can see yourself tackling that hairpin, over and over again with the MR-2. The bound is there. Its like it an antique prophecy or just the worlds biggest coincidence. A car older than yourself being connected to you.

Im lost right now. What would you like to see on this quest?
>>
>>182499
I'm ready for some night drives to get used to the car.

Maybe a chance encounter with some other drivers who can point us in the right direction?
>>
File: 1459813286334.jpg (58KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1459813286334.jpg
58KB, 640x640px
>>182499
>What would you like to see on this quest?
Right now? A night cruise.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTQw_TjNHHE

Then, something like getting known in the local scene, parking lot meets, Auto-X-ing, all stuff a new enthusiast would do.
The long run:
The local autodrome (contains a road course, skidpad, a drag strip, rallycross layout) is getting closed down, a mall and gated community to be built in its place. Naturally, all car people in the area are gloomy, the scene is shattered into cliques. Some of them either protest it or try to organize an alternative - legal or not.
TL;DR
You are a street racing organizer. How do you get people on-board? How meticulous will you be? Will you go legit?
>>
File: c700x420.jpg (92KB, 700x420px) Image search: [Google]
c700x420.jpg
92KB, 700x420px
With a grin in you face, three thousand and three hundred dollars short, papers in hand and key in your pocket, you are the new owner of a Toyota MR2. Its around 4 p.m. and you are getting hungry. You remember your promise of buying Peter lunch for all the favors of today.

- So, Peter. What would you like?
- Lets go to the place.
- You mean...
- Yup.

With Peter leading the way you leave behind the house of Mark's gramps. As you see him waving in the mirror, you wonder what other secrets he could have. You wonder about the history of his trophies. Maybe he was a great racer, maybe he was one of the greatest. But, who cares. You got a car, the open road and your friend Peter to tag along.

You are heading to the Burger Place, a place known for its big bacon burgers and for being a place to gather and meet the car community. Conveniently located right next to the Unidine Speedway, the Burger Place is a favorite among locals.

As you go in through the parking lot you notice the Honda Squad, is there. With all their Civics parked at front. It doesn't look like a proper meet. And maybe its just a club reunion. As you park, you notice the mood isn't quite what you know about the place. People look gloomy and some of then look kinda angry. You notice that the local Bloomers Auto Club are parking there too.

>What is going?

We are on autosage. New thread?
>>
>>185481
>Inquire.

Thread's not even on page 7, it'll be 3 more days till it drops off the board
>>
Peter looks confused. Following behind the Boomers Club, the VAG Group is coming. Why would everyone come here today? The small parking lot starts to get packed. All kinds of cars can be seen there.

Your stomach grumbles and its a signal to get inside and eat. You start to imagine the Deluxe with Bacon and chase it with a vainilla milkshake. But as you enter, you see that the restaurant is packed and there's a man standing in one of the tables. He's shouting and people get excited with everything he says.

"As you know, the city council wants to destroy Unidine and build a mall." As he says this, the crowd erupts into booing. "We can not let this to happen. We want to stay safe and people to have a space to properly practice driving." The crowd cheers as he speaks. Even if all of them are different they share the same sentiment about the closing of the track. "Maybe we are a bit underfunded, but that means that we just need more events, right?" He takes a small pause. "Its not that easy anymore."

Another man with a camera hanging from his neck raises his cellphone. "What do you mean?" He man on the table takes a moment and speaks. "Its hard to bring people here. Most of the younger ones are not interested in driving. People don't want to learn how to drive better. The DMV has loosen up the test area. And we can't just live on with the club memberships, and space rental."
He looks sad. "I have talked with the city, and with a group of developers. They want to start building in March of next year. And in our accounts we only have enough money to keep operations 'till November. So Im uncertain about what will happen."

He gets down off the table and some of the club members swarm him and try tot talk with him.

Unidine closing? That could not end well...

As you finish your hamburger, you ask Peter...

>What would you do to try and save Unidine?

Aight, lets continue, then.
>>
>>185589
Ideas:
>Join/start a car club, work from there
>Champion your cause on the campus (like it's gonna work)
>...
>Become an "aidoru", convert weaboos into car people (blech)
>Fuck it, street racing league time

Also, who else is there? Scooby bros? Evo/DSM guys? Rotards?
What do they think?
>>
File: 17yt7ch6kfgjojpg.jpg (37KB, 636x358px) Image search: [Google]
17yt7ch6kfgjojpg.jpg
37KB, 636x358px
>>185665
We'll live a double life.

By day we run a conefagging club on campus and preach the ills of speeding and reckless driving on the streets.

By night we're queen and organizer of a high stakes street race circuit.
>>
File: DocHudsonCars.jpg (262KB, 1920x800px) Image search: [Google]
DocHudsonCars.jpg
262KB, 1920x800px
Just a thought but I'd like to see more of the old man, maybe he gets a tinge of nostalgia seeing us race around.

Maybe he can show us some serious driving pointers, maybe he can help with our cause, maybe he's of no use at all but is fun to have around.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.