[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New World Evo 1

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 312
Thread images: 60

File: Klax Prime.png (28KB, 1152x648px) Image search: [Google]
Klax Prime.png
28KB, 1152x648px
WELCOME TO NEW WORLD EVO
In this game you will take control of a race and along with the other players of your race you will culturally, technologically, and historically in order to progress and prosper, hoping to eventually reach the stars.

This evo begins on KLAX PRIME, a tidally locked alien world where one side is always facing the star and is in perpetual scorching day, while the other side is always facing away and in perpetual freezing night with a thin sweet spot around the vertical equator where the conditions are just right for lush life to appear. 3 sentient races have appeared, one in each section of the world.
>The Ooze
>The Spore
>The Skitter

General rules:
>Every turn is a new day
>Every turn each race can do ONE action and ONE research per continent (The different planet sections, other planets, moons, space stations etc etc)
>Research - Laws, Technologies, Arts, Customs
>Action - Trading, Hunting, Scouting, Organizing
>Any anon can post for a race, but a majority of named players of the race must vote for it to pass it through.
> To avoid salt from other races, urns must be feasible and believable considering the situation and knowledge of the race at the time ("Done IC")
>No team Changes

Additional Rules:
>WAR actions are hard to do IC by it's very nature, but please try. I will do rolls & take into account tactics BEHIND THE SCENES, you will only see the final product. One WAR action per race per conflict
>If a turn is viewed as particularly creative or well thought out, it will be given the INNOVATIVE or PLANNED bonus. Giving +10 to it's roll or a bonus effect. Both simultaneously may be given the INGENIOUS bonus of +25 on rolls & a bonus effect. While realistic is heavily preferred, i'm prepared to sometimes slightly suspend my disbelief if the turn is good enough.
>>
File: The Ooze.png (49KB, 1152x648px) Image search: [Google]
The Ooze.png
49KB, 1152x648px
>>1540233
The Ooze are large gelatinous beings live high on top of a glacier on the icy side of the planet facing away from the system star.

They do not breed, instead they are spawned from THE GREAT PUDDLE. A Pit hidden deep in the glacier containing the original goo that spawned all the others. They are able to merge & split meaning they do not have "population" in the traditional sense of the word. They instead of a quantity of GOOP available that can be split into many individual small individual bloblets, or coalesced into huge hulking blob monstrosities.

GOOP can be increased by eating. Blobs can eat anything, but the more nutritious & larger the meal, the more GOOP is grown. If an individual blob consumes something, GOOP is increased by a flat amount. Throwing food into the great pit will increase GOOP rate produced per turn

Due to living in the side of Klax Prime facing away from the star, they have an innate cold resistance. Furthermore due to their nature of splitting & merging, to KILL them is very difficult. Currently the only known method is by reducing them to the smallest size increment (The tiny bloblette) & squashing them. They are able to change shape at will and fit into containers and awkward spaces like jelly
>>
File: The Spore.png (66KB, 1152x648px) Image search: [Google]
The Spore.png
66KB, 1152x648px
>>1540237
Sizes go Tiny Bloblette -> Small Blob -> Medium Blob -> Large blob -> HUGE Blob -> ??

Each Bloblette = 1 Ooze

Current population
> 1 HUGE blob
>1 medium blob
>4 bloblettes

Total Ooze: 24 Ooze +(2) per turn

>>1540233
The Spore is a parasitic plant hivemind that lives in the lush jungle band encircling the equator. The Spore starts by a waterfall deep in the jungle

The Spore grows very very slowly, with each individual pop being a fruiting hivemind tree. While each individual can't move and will take many turns to plant & grow another, they can instead spread their spores to infect dead and living creatures & control them as mindless zombies. Each tree can potentially control hundreds of plant zombies.

For a tree to survive it only needs water, sunlight & CO2. The plant zombies will require whatever their diet was while alive (although they now eat far less as they aren't wasting energy doing unnecessary actions).

Live infections take 5 turns to overtake the host's immune system & take control, while dead hosts are taken hold of immediatly.

Starting Population:
> 1 Fruiting tree
>20 zombie botflies
> 10 zombie purplestick bushrats
> 5 zombie twin tailed monkeys
>>
Nice. A new evo.
>>
I think I'm sold on the Ooze
>>
File: The Scitter.png (50KB, 1152x648px) Image search: [Google]
The Scitter.png
50KB, 1152x648px
>>1540243
Population growth (+1 seed every 15 turns, new trees take another 20 to grow)
You currently have 2 seeds

>>1540233
The Skitter are an insect colony that live in underground colonies under the scorching baron canyons on the side of the planet permanently facing the star.

They have a winged queen that produces eggs very quickly and can choose when to inject them with hormones to let them mature and hatch in a turn.

They are omnivores but due to the location of the colony can generally only find other underground creatures to eat, such as blue worms and citrus moles

They are a very fast and curious race, with an innate resistance to heat due to their habitat

Starting Population:
> 1 Queen
> 20 drones+(5) per turn
> 20 eggs +(5) per turn

CHOOSE YOUR TEAMS

Discord isn't necessary to play, but lets you communicate with your team more easily

>https://discord.gg/QjXrC
>>
>>1540251
1 ooze boi

just need a spore & skitter now + a first move for each & we can go!
>>
Claiming skitter in the name of massive fantastical cave systems and sneaky stabby bugs.
>>
>>1540256
Brilliant!

Just need 1 for the malevolent SPORE now & we can go!

If you or gloopy hat have a turn in mind, don't hesitate to post
>>
>>1540252
Research: The ooze test to see if they are able to create a second mother ooze pool to increase birth rates and spread faster. If not, how to.

Action: Explore for food and capture.
>>
>>1540257
I suppose I'll go for them them
>>
>>1540260
Brilliant!

Once I've got all the turns we'll begin
>>
>>1540243
Claiming the Spore.

Research: Figure out a way to make our zombies also just depend on CO2, Water and sunlight and not on food.

Action: Acquiring more minions the bigger the better
>>
Action: Dig, Dig, dig! We need space for our soon to be massive hive.
Research: In order to understand the world, we must understand ourselves! The newly sentient bugs begin learning about how we work, and how to manipulate the cycles of our life.
>>
>>1540264
>>1540263
>>1540258

All turns are in, unless anybody has anything against these you have 5 mins to say something, i'm going to write the turns after I finish these stat sheets
>>
Rolled 3, 46 = 49 (2d100)

Rolling for success
1. Ooze Food
2. New zombie minions

>1-25 Nothing
>26-75 Something OK
>76-100 Something amazing
>>
File: The Ooze turn 1.png (32KB, 1152x648px) Image search: [Google]
The Ooze turn 1.png
32KB, 1152x648px
>>1540258

The huge blob lumbers towards the ooze pit & flops in making a splash! It's gooeyness mixes & merges while it gauges how much ooze is in here.
It takes 2000 ooze to create a 2nd pit, but current ooze & pits can be made larger by consuming matter. To consume matter a blob will put it inside itself where it will dissolve & make the blob bigger, or it can throw it into the pit to increase the rate of ooze generation per turn.
The huge ooze wobbles for a second as it does what I assume to be thinking?, it then picks up the large chunk of ice it was sat on and hurls it into the pit! Ice isn't very nutricious though & it only slightly increases ooze generation

The bloblettes & medium blob go on a hunt! Unfortunately they are at the top of a large glacier and don't know how to get down. 1 of the bloblettes sees a frozen berry bush! but before it can vibrate to tell the others it slips & falls off the edge of the glacier, splatting as it impacts with the ground... Poor bloblette.

The other blobs head back to the pit defeated, knowing that vertical drops are bad for blobs

The other blobs decide not to go down that way &
>>
File: The Spore turn 1.png (39KB, 1152x648px) Image search: [Google]
The Spore turn 1.png
39KB, 1152x648px
>>1540263
The hive tree notices it's minions are weak & die easily without being fed. In the past it's experimented with giving them just sunlight CO2 and water like the tree, but they aren't anything like the tree and can't. It HAS discovered it can feed them small amounts of it's sugar containing sap. It can only spare small amounts so this sap can only keep them alive for an extra turn at most... The hive mind needs to find food for it's minions...

It sends out it's botflies to scout the nearby jungle where they find a group of 5 twintailed monkeys fighting over mangos! after alot of biting and hitting eachother with rocks, 4 are dead and 1 is severely wounded and dies from it's injuries while munching on mangos...

The spore gladly takes control of all 5
>>
File: The Skitter Turn 1.png (38KB, 1152x648px) Image search: [Google]
The Skitter Turn 1.png
38KB, 1152x648px
>>1540264
The skitter begin eagerly expanding the colony. They dig dig dig in all directions and expand the queens breeding chamber to make the whole thing roomier for all the new bugs that are going to arrive!

The Queen explains to her drones how breeding works in graphic detail, grossing a few of them out. But the important points are that she produces eggs and can hatch them whenever she wants by injecting them with pheromones, making them hatch instantly fully grown!. At the moment she can only produce 10 eggs per day because of space and diet restrictions. She hatches 5 drones a day & keeps 5 eggs on the side to reduce food & space demands, while having a reserve of backup drones should she ever need them
>>
>>1540277
Research: Regenerative properties to mind controled minions which give them higher survivability
Action: Send 5 bushrats, 5 botfllie and 2 monkeys to infect more of their species and if possible other speces as well
>>
>>1540273
> The other blobs decide not to go that way down the glacier & jiggle their way home

> ANCHOR, PLEASE LINK ALL NEW POSTS HERE TO HELP ME SORT THROUGH
>>
>>1540283
+this
>>
>>1540285
Action: Spread the spores as far as they can go
Research: Try making spores better smelling to increase chances of making zombies
>>
>>1540290
Wrong name
>>
>>1540285
Research: Large ooze and gloopettes meld together and learn to shapeshift. They form a long tentacle.

Action: They try again for those berries with there new appendage and try to harvest them.
>>
>>1540282
Action: Well, we dug. What now? Oh yeah, food. The skitter begin looking for things that they can eat!

Research: comfort! If we make a good,.comfy pit for the queen to lay and birth in, she will probably do it more often, right?
>>
>>1540304 Skitter
>>1540303 Ooze
>>1540283 Spore

All good? Writing posts now
>>
Rolled 73, 97 = 170 (2d100)

>>1540304
>>1540303
>>1540283

Rolling for what you find
1.Spore spread
2.Food search

1-25 nothing
26-75 Something OK
76 - 100 Something amazing!
>>
File: The Ooze turn 2.png (30KB, 1152x648px) Image search: [Google]
The Ooze turn 2.png
30KB, 1152x648px
>>1540303
The ooze have always been able to change their shape, but they've never really tried to do anything more than stretch and squash themselves to fit through cracks & under things

The Bloblettes run to the huge blob and jiggle erratically. They merge for comfort. The 24 ooze combined makes the HUGE blob taller than before. From this new high vantage point it can see frozen berry bushes near the cliffs edge!
It knows that the cliff is dangerous though and starts experimenting with ways to change it's shape, eventually settling on tentatcles.
It stretches over to the berry bushes and collects (50) berries! It consumes 25 & throws 25 into the puddle, growing an extra 15 ooze worth & allowing the pit to create an extra +2 per turn
>>
File: The Spore turn 2.png (40KB, 1152x648px) Image search: [Google]
The Spore turn 2.png
40KB, 1152x648px
>>1540308
>>1540283

The spore sends out it's slaves to "recruit" new servants. Unfortunatly the bushrats and botflies only return with 2 new each, BUT the monkeys managed to infect a swamp crocodile!

It looks like the process of this capture was hard and 1 of the monkeys is holding it's right arm. The Hivemind knows that the zombies don't feel pain...or anything else anymore, but is it possible to heal them? Luckily this monkey has been enslaved for weeks now and the spore has completely spread throughout it's body, The severed tendrals in the limb wiggle out and attempt to re-attach with the wound where the arm used to be. It takes a while of holding it together but it eventually succeeds!

The Hivemind will look into this further in future
>>
>>1540323
Research: Some very basic construction techniques (small wooden structures to store food and minions)

Action: Minions spread out and search for food (Collect the mangoes the monkeys were fighting over before, let the crocodile hunt in the river etc.)

Can the minions sexually reproduce or have they lost that ability in the zombification process?
>>
File: The Skitter Turn 2.png (41KB, 1152x648px) Image search: [Google]
The Skitter Turn 2.png
41KB, 1152x648px
>>1540304
The drones dig out the breeding chamber to be far larger & more comfortable. They also make a large bed and throne from extremely cool & moist mud from deep within the tunnels. The Queen is SO relaxed, she lays there growing fat from grubs. She has far more pheromones to spare & pushes out more eggs than usual, who knew stress was such an important factor for a woman's wellbeing?
Egg & Drone production DOUBLES to +10 per turn

The drones set out digging for more food, coming across many grubs & moles in the process. One digs up to the scorching bright surface. Disorientated it looks around and spots another large Mantis bug carrying a dead outback Kangeroo with a pouch full of cactus! The large mystery bug looks weak and lost from the hot sun and looks like it might die soon, the drone brings the other bug inside & takes it to the queen

ANCHOR
I'm heading out to do my Driving theory, i'll be back in a few hours & be running all night
Sorry updates are slow, these take ALOT longer than i gave them credit for
>>
>>1540330
If they were alive when possessed yes, if they were dead, no
>>
>>1540338
No worries. You are doing great so far.

Action: near the ooze pool they spit up the eaten berries and begin to plant and farm the iceberries. Moar food for momma.

Research: The living Gloobles begin to see the ooze pool as a mother and worship her. They form the Mother Pool religion and that we are birthed for and die for the mother and other oozemen.
>>
>>1540323
Research: Spore attempts to use It's spores on other plants. This results in grass around the tree becoming bright red and feeding the tree
Hive calls this, interesting discovery, the creep
Action: Infected explore for food monkeys in gruop, bunnies alone, botflies in group and crocodile alone
Also OP what do botflies eat ?
>>
>>1540342
Shit
>>
>>1540342
& anything decomposing
>>
ooze >>1540341

Need a vote on the spore turns
>>1540342
>>1540330
Still need skitter
>>
>>1540342
Since we agree on action, I retreat my research proposal and back his. >>1540349 Spore tie broken
>>
>>1540349
Action: Well, if that bug is carrying food, and going to die soon, we should probably just follow it until it dies.

Research: Ah! Sunlight! Totally forgot that existed. Well, clearly there is still life on the surface, let's send a expedition to find out where they congregate, to make hunting them easier.
>>
>>1540355
The Mantis was brought inside & is better now, you were asking in discord about how to make other kinds of bugs, it'd be by breeding with things like this 1, but ye you could just get it to lead the way to food & then kill it if you like
>>
>>1540355
Oh, I didn't realize that we brought it back home.
Action: More digging! The queen has doubled egg laying, so we should have double the prepared living room.
>>
>>1540349
OP since you said that infected can reproduce can you update the picture
>>
BACK, right lets get cracking on this thread!
Perminant disc link

https://discord.gg/6zD2QSn

>>1540370
To reproduce the infected must have been alive & converted over multiple turns. All current zombies were dead. To breed you must capture & infect a live breeding pair
>>
Rolled 5, 99 = 104 (2d100)

>>1540355
>>1540341
>>1540342
>>1540330

Rolling for success
1. Spore Food search
2. Skitter above ground hunting party
>>
File: The Spore turn 3.png (40KB, 1152x648px) Image search: [Google]
The Spore turn 3.png
40KB, 1152x648px
>>1540507
The zombies head out in search of food in the area where they found the monkeys with the mangoes. The bushrats find a female monkey and her cub eating rizzleberries, but the mother spots the horrific zombies and freaks!. She grabs her cub and all the berries and sprints up into the tree tops into a makeshift shelter. The zombies go home empty handed....or did they?
The Hive mind decides to attempt to create a shelter of it's own after seeing the makeshift treetop hut of the mummy monkey. The zombies don't need comfort, but the hivemind wants to keep their bodies in good condition.
They make small dens by digging holes & creating walls and roofs out of sticks, then covering them in shrubbery & leaves. It's not the most amazing shelter but it's a start
>>
>>1540507
Didn't Bulbasaur vote in favour of my turn ???
>>
>>1540554
Your action and research, yes.
>>
>>1540549
I'll make your fancy map soon
>>
File: The Ooze turn 3.png (33KB, 1152x648px) Image search: [Google]
The Ooze turn 3.png
33KB, 1152x648px
>>1540341
The huge ooze stops for a second as it thinks, then reaches inside itself and takes our the berries it consumed and shakes them dry, flopping 2 tiny bloblettes onto the ground who start jumping around giddily. Luckily although it got all the berry nutritious goodness, his goo hadn't managed to digest through the thick outer berry husk yet! He digs a little trough on the cliff overhanging the great puddle and plants it, then squeezes some of it's nutritious juices into the barren soil surrounding it. Hopefully the nutrients combined with the partially digested coating will help the snow berries grow into a bush to feed the great puddle & the blobs themselves.

The 2 tiny bloblettes jump over to the vast swirling puddle of goop that gave birth to them. It's so magnificent and has an eerie blue glow that lights up the glacier surrounding it. They can't help but admire it's beauty under the stary open sky and start jiggling in worship. In response the puddle jiggles back with deep slow musical vibrations to thank them for their appreciation.

The ooze now have a religion! (waiting on a name though)
>>
>>1540554
Oops, my bad guys, I got confused, i'll rewrite & report spore turn now
>>
yoooo who needs players lemme join
>>
File: The Spore turn 3.png (50KB, 1152x648px) Image search: [Google]
The Spore turn 3.png
50KB, 1152x648px
>>1540549
The zombies head out in search of food in the area where they found the monkeys with the mangoes. The bushrats find a female monkey and her cub eating rizzleberries, but the mother spots the horrific zombies and freaks!. She grabs her cub and all the berries and sprints up into the tree tops into a makeshift shelter. The zombies go home empty handed

Meanwhile the Hive Tree spores start creeping into plants. This is alot harder to do because the the plants cell walls, but happens non the less, turning them from lush green, through deep brown until they reach a bright crimson colour! The Hive mind wonders how to abuse this & begins making the creep secrete a thick sap full of sugar for the other zombies to feed upon and bring to the tree itself
>>
>>1540582
Ooze and Scitter could use players but the game itself is brand new so everything is fair game
>>
>>1540583
Action: The hunt's failure is unimportant. Spore form a private ecosystem. Bunnie and monkeys consume fruit/sap from the tree and the corrupted grass near the tree. They defacate only in orrupted grass there botflies aid in decomposition eventually providind sustenance to grass which provides sustenance to the tree
Research: Gastrointestinal Expansion
Minion stomach acid becomes much stronger and now houses spores who live and reproduce there.
>>
Im a skiddy diddy
>>
>>1540585
Later other minions can be added to ecosystem, but for now crocodile will have to stay without food
>>
File: The Skitter Turn 3.png (42KB, 1152x648px) Image search: [Google]
The Skitter Turn 3.png
42KB, 1152x648px
>>1540582
Skitter & ooze both only have 1 player at the moment

>>1540358
The Skitter queen is fat and gorged and happy. She has many drones and finds that the more she pumps out, the more pampered she gets. She tries her best every day to do the 1 task that she's required to do, which is make more drones & eggs. She wants to make more but is reaching her physical limit and will need to produce another female soon. For now she pumps her eggs with excess pheromones causing them to give birth to twins. Some don't divide correctly in the egg however and are born with 2 heads

After encountering the mantis yesterday, a group of bug explorers head to the new exit and go searching for new pray in the scorching sun. They keep in the canyons & crags where it's cooler. Deep in the ravine they come across a small pool of water fed by a trickle of water, with lizards bathing lazily in the shaded lagoon.How can this be here?!
After capturing knocking out the lizards and gathering them up, each drone has atleast 4 in each hand held by the tail, they follow the stream which leads them to the top of the crags where in the distance they can see a large jungle ontop of the the canyons, with a waterfall crashing down to the dryness below, making a rare oasis in the distance, they've never seen so much water! It seems to be creating a large cloud of water vapour as it crashes and evaporates, making a micro climate with what sounds like many different kinds of creatures living there catching some sun. They go back & tell the queen of their discovery
>>
>>1540609
Anchor
>>
>>1540611
Action: The hunt's failure is unimportant. Spore form a private ecosystem. Bunnie and monkeys consume fruit/sap from the tree and the corrupted grass near the tree. They defacate only in orrupted grass there botflies aid in decomposition eventually providind sustenance to grass which provides sustenance to the tree. Crocodile will have to try to lick/eat the grass for now as bunnie and monkeys can't reproduce
Research: Gastrointestinal Expansion
Minion stomach acid becomes much stronger and now houses spores who live and reproduce there.
>>
Rolled 99 (1d100)

>>1540611
Action: The zombie botfly swarm spreads out in the surrounding area to discover any resident species for recon, trying not to be seen or bothered. Simply taking stock of what's around to better strategize, making note of any native species settlements or nests that they discover.

Research: The Hive Tree studies the composition of the land around itself, observing the effects of the Creep on the landscape. Is it sustainable? Will it draw all nutrients out and kill the Hive Tree? Can it be spread even further afield? These are questions it seeks to resolve.
>>
>>1540611
Action: A new queen? Looks like we have more digging to do! We begin preparation for another queen "throne".

Research: Water is great! But we need to find a way to get it all the way out here without accidentally draining the Oasis and loosing all that genetic material. The skitter begin looking into piping and valves using rocks, bones, and shedded chitin.
>>
>>1540611
Action: Divide and conquor. Literally. Explore for food or shelter.

Research: Learn the ways of the iceberries and how to grow a bigger harvest for momma.
>>
>>1540631
support
>>
>>1540635 Skitter
>>1540631 Ooze

Need a vote on Spore
>>1540630
>>1540624
>>
>>1540644
>>1540630 +1 this
>>
>>1540630
I don't see the point of that research. of course It is sustainable. It sucks nutrients out of the ground, then minions eat It, then they defacate, then botflies help in decomposition, then nutrients return to creep
>>
>>1540650
Forgot to say creep that creep does photosynthesis
>>
Rolled 99, 44 = 143 (2d100)

>>1540644
Rolling for success
1. Ooze food & shelter exploration
2. Botfly scouting (PLANNED BONUS +10)
>>
>>1540650
But are those the nutrients the Hive Tree needs to survive? Will the Creep end up killing our main Hivemind host? We don't want to spread it if it's dangerous to our own survival. Nutrients don't replenish themselves instantly, and if the Creep acts like weeds we don't want to be competing for nutrients - still use the Creep, but use it further away from our Hive Tree
>>
>>1540654
So basically you are giving OP ideas ...
>>
>>1540657
I'm anticipating that OP might use our rapid growth as a double edged sword since our trait is meant to limit our expansion. I don't want to be the bunnies and fly too close to the sun.
>>
>>1540665
Ok fine fair point, other than that do you have any problems with my turn ?
>>
>>1540673
No, and I honestly didn't see it when I posted, so we can use it next turn if you'd like since OP is already writing mine. Are you on the discord?
>>
>>1540631
support
>>
File: The Ooze turn 4.png (35KB, 1152x648px) Image search: [Google]
The Ooze turn 4.png
35KB, 1152x648px
>>1540635
THe huge blob takes care in planting his seeds under sections of the glacier that are dripping a little bit of water , He plows his iceberry fields and adds his gelatenous nutrients to fertilize the soil.
Once satisfied he hops over to the cliff edge and stretches his head over the edge. It's not too far and there are many ledges on the way down. He begins climbing down by slingshotting and stretching from ledge to ledge until he's finally at the bottom, phew. that must have been at least a kilometer!
The blob Places a single berry where he landed as a rondevue point and splits into 30 tiny bloblettes! They start hopping around in search of food and anything that can be used to protect the great puddle from the elements.They find a few frozen animals and bones our in the wasteland and also a bright hole at the base of a nearby mountain. The curious bloblettes bounce closer, using their natural hue to blend in with the surrounding night & ice. Inside is a strange creature surrounded in wooly clothing doing things to a large hunk of strangely shaped & beeping metal!. It fires a bright beam of light at the tunnel wall and extracts large cubes of ice & rock & metals!
the blobblettes hurry back to the berry to tell the others of this. They recombine , but before stretching back up to the top, the Huge blob attempts to mimic what they'd seen against the rock face. He sprays a thin high pressure beam of gloop against it, causing tiny bloblettes to spray outwards onto the ground before running back to rejoin him through his legs. He manages to carve out some compact ice!

Spoils
>Frozen 3 eared bunny
> 3 frozen pinecones
>60 Wolf bones
> 5 Snowcucumbers
>Learnt the location of a mine & a strange alien
> Can now mine using high pressure goop
>>
>>1540624
support
>>
>>1540696
>>1540691
you can only vote for one species, you have to join one and then you can make decisions for it
>>
>>1540693
i join the ooze
>>1540707
Action: investigate the strange creature bring iceberry for a peace offering to it
Research: internal support? armored surface/skin? hardened ooze
>>
File: The Spore turn 4.png (56KB, 1152x648px) Image search: [Google]
The Spore turn 4.png
56KB, 1152x648px
>>1540630
The botfly swarm does some recon & uncovers the following about the surrounding jungle...There's a lot here
>A LARGE tree tribe of monkeys (No. Unknown)
>A cave with a Moss Bear
>crocodiles
>Wrickled Blonde Beavers building a damn up stream
>HUNDREDS of bird insect and plant varieties
> Something Huge that killed the botflies
> A large metal box far down the river extracting something from the water

The Hivemind discovers that not only does the creep provide nutrients for it's zombie slaves, the plants themselves can be made to consume LESS from the ground leaving MORE for the hive trees! Nutrients aren't infinite but the sunlight & constant flow of air currents and dying species means that unless the whole planet is taken over, this won't be a huge problem
>>
>>1540718
Killed a botfly* (i'll changing it on the sheets next turn
>>
>>1540718
>Action: The hunt's failure is unimportant. Spore form a private ecosystem. Bunnie and monkeys consume fruit/sap from the tree and the corrupted grass near the tree. They defacate only in orrupted grass there botflies aid in decomposition eventually providind sustenance to grass which provides sustenance to the tree. Crocodile will have to try to lick/eat the grass for now as bunnie and monkeys can't reproduce
>Research: Gastrointestinal Expansion
>Minion stomach acid becomes much stronger and now houses spores who live and reproduce there.
>>
>>1540719
Oh and op can you make a distinction in the sheet between zombies (can't reproduce) and minions(can reproduce)
>>
File: The Skitter Turn 4.png (46KB, 1152x648px) Image search: [Google]
The Skitter Turn 4.png
46KB, 1152x648px
>>1540631
The drones hear of the arrival of a new queen soon!, they get to work expanding the colony deeper & wider to make room for all the new drone brothers

The news of a large water source amazes the drones and queen, but how do you get it here? walking miles to and from would be horrific. They try to think of a way to bring the water from THERE to HERE. A small drone brings attention to a quirk of anatomy the bugs have neglected. He gets the queen to inject a piece of shed carapace with baby hormones making into a soft jelly! He then reshapes it into a tube before it regains it's structure making piping!

he gets to mate with the queen as a reward, and all his friends cheer him on...good job tech drone
>>
ANCHOR
>>
>>1540734
is this for ooze?
>>
>>1540737
Ooze has posted a turn, we're waiting on skitter. Anchor posts are where you're supposed to link your posts to make it easier for me to see them, but i'm a slow OP & people are excited to post their next turns so
>>
>>1540742
you should post them in a pattern 1ooze 2spore 3skitter
>>
>>1540734
Action: Using the new Goop Lazer! They begin shooting into the ground to create caves and cracks to rest in during downtime. All excess dirt and stone is given to the Mother Pool.

Momma Action: We feed 30 wolf bones to momma pool along with dirt and stone.

Research Fusion: The curious bloopers slurp onto some bones and attempt to make it part of themself rather than dissolve it entirely. Make bone slimes.
>>
>>1540734
Action: If everything is ready, we shouldn't hold back the new queen! Have the old queen begin the birthing of the new queen.

Research: Butchery! Seeing all these corpses laying around, rotting is probably starting to get a bit ugly. We should separate the edible from non edibles, to make eating and storing them a bit easier
>>
File: he_squish_by_rivertonic-d9ud3w5.png (626KB, 1280x581px) Image search: [Google]
he_squish_by_rivertonic-d9ud3w5.png
626KB, 1280x581px
>>1540754
support
but i want to Research hardening for bone and armor with bone we can amchor slime mucle to the bones for more trenhgt and durability
>>
>>1540787
I think goopiness is something to embrace. I think turning more solid than we need too is more problematic. Such as shattering and unable to multiply. I see too many cons for hard shells. Nice to have, maybe for experiments, but it doesnt seem like a logical survival choice.

Also... give yourself a name, guy
>>
File: regice_by_legend13-d33lul9.png (188KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
regice_by_legend13-d33lul9.png
188KB, 1024x768px
>>1540787
we could harden our outer-surface/skin for durability stability and sharp egges but we must have half solid for mobility and flexability
>>
>>1540799
We have better sneak as an ooze. Melting into cracks and such. We have yet to see what water does to us. I wanna find that out soon.

Land... we can shapeshift and have legs. Hardening isnt needed.
>>
File: boredomelt_by_blinkpen-d9zxlbj.png (513KB, 510x1377px) Image search: [Google]
boredomelt_by_blinkpen-d9zxlbj.png
513KB, 510x1377px
>>1540787
i am now king GELATINOUS! the impatient and the easely bored
>>
>>1540811
what about durability and strenght? and cutting damage we can harden egges to make sharp tools and harden to make blunt things like hammers or clubs or half shar and blunt like a mace that are a part of the body
>>
>>1540832
We literally have goop lazers. Cutting tools are for plebs
>>
>>1540836
but for building with stone or investigating strange creature things like that lazer or to make things like metal things or building a space ship out of metal if radiation hurst us or if we need to make armor and here is a cute slime that says embrace the goopiness pic related and that there is no ilwill between us
>>
>>1540832
Back

The solution the ooze is made of has an extremely low freezing point, which is what gives them such good cold resistance. In order to freeze into a solid it'll need to either be really REALLY cold, or put under a lot of pressure (but that'd also heat it up so)

Bones would work, but the solution has extremely corrosive properties so you'd need something a lot more innert than bone to have any kind of structure that'd last more than a few minutes
Their outer semi permeable membrane is able to keep it all separate from the outside letting them touch & interact with things, meaning you COULD wear armor or fit yourselves in containers for launching etc etc
>>
File: ladda ned.jpg (7KB, 285x177px) Image search: [Google]
ladda ned.jpg
7KB, 285x177px
>>1540864
so what do you think are they cute
>>
>>1540874
Blob's are extremely adorable
>>
Do blobs still want to carry on with developing some kind of way to have structure? you guys are arguing a lot so I'm going to post the skitter & spore turns while you sort it out
>>
File: OmniverseNRG.png (109KB, 395x465px) Image search: [Google]
OmniverseNRG.png
109KB, 395x465px
>>1540873
so something like this so coul we anchor our slime on the inside to simulate mucells? a container and would we melt if we get to warm or dry out?
>>
>>1540754
i vote for this
>>
>>1540890
Yep that kind of armor would work
Yes if you get too hot you'd lose viscosity & basically become thinking water
>>
>>1540873
i have an idea! if we use the same thing we use for our outer semi permeable membrane we make it more stiff and put it inside like hollow tubes for bones then we need to think of joints?
>>
>>1540902
So like making a blob into a really tall stick figure shape so a tiny bloblette would be able to control a suit the size of a small blob and the blob would only be damaged if an attack went through to the "Bone" where the blob would then gush out entirely?
>>
>>1540899
like this pic related or just a puddle thats going to evaporate are we make carbon/protoine/organic materials? like the water monster from doctor who that are just living water?
>>
>>1540911
smart idea i did not think of that i actualy meant that we use the material we use for our membraine but we put it on the inside and make it more stiff for a bone like structure and bones need to be flexible so that they are not too brittle and stiff so that they dont just bend its a careful balance
>>
>>1540915
If the temperature became high enough your membrane would break down and you would evaporate just like any other liquid/thing in existence. You're made of an extremely basic (as in opposite of acidic, not as in simple) viscous sentient liquid with a semipermeable membrane. Think like a large blue less rubbery flubber that doesn't freeze until about 100 K
>>
>>1540915
what meant are we like the picture or are we made from organic materials or just living water
>>
>>1540939
Organic materials dissolved in this hypothetical solution, not water. It looks more like a creature made of edible water if you've ever seen that?. No weird currents or any floating bits or as much of a defined shape, but that pic's pretty spot on texture wise
>>
File: images (1).jpg (4KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
4KB, 225x225px
>>1540936
ok so we need to make something like a cooling system a suit/armor/vessel/container thats insolated so that it does not let heat in with mobile joints and if the strange creatures are aliens we could befriend them so that they help us or give us tech
>>
>>1540947
>>1540946

Ye sure you can do that, but what's your research so I can post the next turns? xP
>>
>>1540754
>>1540893
QM did you see my vote? and i still want to give the strange creature a gift of berries
>>
>>1540952
this Research Fusion: The curious bloopers slurp onto some bones and attempt to make it part of themself rather than dissolve it entirely. Make bone slimes.
>>
>>1540939
neither you are toothpaste
>>
>>1540963
Ok that's fine, BUT you can EITHER approach the humans OR make the caves for the oozes, that's 2 actions, which 1
>>
>>1541011
ok the cave first
>>
>>1541011
i vote for the cave
>>
File: The Ooze turn 5.png (36KB, 1152x648px) Image search: [Google]
The Ooze turn 5.png
36KB, 1152x648px
>>1540734
The ooze use their amazing new method of spraying a thin beam of high pressure goop to cut & carve the mountain & glacier surrounding the great puddle to start creating simple caves & cracks for the ooze to use as shelter

The bloblettes are feeding the great puddle their offerings of yummy wolf bones, and it's slowly osculating in contentment. 1 of the bloblettes has a bunch of small bones to feed to the puddle but doesn't think it will hugely enjoy the meal..."Wow these things sure are pointy and hard" it jiggles to itself. "I wish I could be like that and dig into the walls like a big ooze!"

It starts eating them itself in an attempt to assimilate the bone into it's own body structure. He tries and tries and tries again and again but unfortunately no matter how hard it tries the bones just keep dissolving and he can't force the molecules back into shape afterwards and is left with a pile of partially digested, bendy noodle bones.
Disheartening as it may be, another bloblette carrying a small rock assures it that he's sure the ability to partially digest & soften also has many uses too
They pick up the floppy noodle swords and start playfully sword fighting on the edge of an overhang like the brave oozes they are, before they both fall back into the great puddle together. Both bloblettes and the puddle wobble merrily in contentment
>>
>>1541045
cute and really funny when i think of the bones floppyng and slaping the slimes in there "faces"
>>
File: The Spore turn 5.png (55KB, 1152x648px) Image search: [Google]
The Spore turn 5.png
55KB, 1152x648px
>>1540734
The hivemind has noticed the delicate ecosystem around them and how everything lives off each other. It has it's own creatures, why not try to make an ecosystem with them to make eating easier? Bushrats and monkeys consume fruit/sap from the tree and the corrupted grass near the tree. They defecate only in corrupted grass there bot flies aid in decomposition eventually providing sustenance to grass which provides sustenance to the tree.
While the crocodile doesn't fit in yet, it manages to catch a fish that fell down the waterfall & won't die of malnutrition for another while.

The constant recycling of nutrients and passing of spores from zombie to zombie increases the strength of their stomach acid, while also allowing spores to start cultivating within the zombie guts
>>
File: The Skitter Turn 5.png (48KB, 1152x648px) Image search: [Google]
The Skitter Turn 5.png
48KB, 1152x648px
>>1541060
Bloblette swashbuckling plays when?
>>1540756
The Skitter queen believes it's time to lay a daughter to help her with creating a colony. She uses the DNA from the tech drone to lay a FERTILIZED EGG. It will hatch into a 2nd queen in 2 turns time.
The Drones begin carving up excess meat with their pincer teeth to store in large piles in a cool dry meat den deeper in the colony.
>>
File: The Ooze turn 5.png (35KB, 1152x648px) Image search: [Google]
The Ooze turn 5.png
35KB, 1152x648px
>>1541045
I keep forgetting to update ooze pop & other things. IF ANYBODY SEES A MISTAKE PLEASE LET ME KNOW, i'll think of something to give as rewards for catching mistakes if i fuck up enough

ANCHOR
>>
What's the headcount on people running the ooze?
>>
>>1541107
i am a ooze player
>>
>>1541107
>>
>>1541107
2 ooze
2 skitter
3 spore
>>
>>1541115
I'll join the ooze
>>
>>1541114
gloppy there is this you?
>>1540754
>>1540974
>>
>>1541117
hello welcome to the ooze "sticking out hand for a handshake"
>>
>>1541104
Research: Naja Mortis
Info
Muscle growth around submandibular duct lets some zombies projectile vomit at prey.
!!!COMBO!!! Of gastrointestinal expansion and Nana mortis let's infected to projectile vomit highly acidic substance at prey which can burn through the skin and infect the target
Action: The Spore has observed nature for a log time and know that predators don't hurt their prey, far from It they help them by killing off the weaker ones and Spore intends to use this knowledge. 3 rabbits are sent out and ordered to act as it they are sick to attract predators and the to spot acidic bile in their faces incapacitating them and then with the help of monkeys to drag them to the creep.
>>
>>1541120
I am me.
>>1541117
Make a name Ooze. Join the discord.
>>
>>1541129
You don't have rabbits, you have bushrats
>>
>>1541104
Action: Now that we will have a second queen soon, we can risk breeding without any lasting genetic or physical damage! We begin looking for something sneaky and quiet to abduct and breed.

Research: Camouflage! We don't want any starving predators to waltz into our cave system looking for a meal, so we begin making ways to hide the entrances to our underground abode.
>>
>>1541120
you could take the name Glob from adventure time instead of saying god its glob
>>
>>1541104
Action: Plant the snow cucumbers.

Momma: Toss rabbits into Mother Pool. Each time harvest comes around we toss berries and cucumbers into her. Getting a pop growth increase every turn.

Research: Learn how to grow the pinecones and make pine trees. Or find out what we need to make it happen.
>>
>>1541154
support
but next turn we give gifts of peace to the humans
>>
>>1541104
Action: Scout around with some tiny bloblets and see what kinds of animals and get a wider layout of the land. Attempt communication with the strange creature

Research: Bipedal mickicking? Patterned sound communication? Maybe some form of primitive rhythm music?
>>
>>1541169
Yes. I just wanna make sure we permanantly get larger pop growth each turn. We will totally meet the human. Promise.
>>
>>1541154
I think we should start breeding some animals if we could get the numbers up. If you want raw growth, we could just deforrest an area first, then use the numbers.
>>
>>1541185
on that turn we can do this >>1541183
>>1541187 we want to make it substainable first and we need to first grow food for the animals before we starting to farm them and there is not alot of forest or vegtation i think

and QM what are those black dots on the ooze map?
>>
>>1541187
We have no living animals right now. If we did we would be on that very fast.

And defforesting actually impedes growth. We want to be able to add to the pool every turn rather than just toss it in omce and forget it. We get maximum growth that way long term.
>>
>>1541202
support i like how you think
>>
>>1541202
>>1541211
Yeah, I'm with you guys. Check the discord though.
>>
>>1541221
i have never been on discord and i am going to bed now it 23:23 now so goodbye goodnight and i hope you guys follow my wish for subsatable recorces and peace with our alien human overlord for that tech and cute slime momments
>>
>>1541228
Overlord? Now im gonna eat him.
>>
Rolled 53, 56 = 109 (2d100)

>>1541129 Spore
>>1541136 Skitter
>>1541154 Ooze

Everybody ok with these turns?

Rolling for success:
1. Bushrat Bait
2. Searching for a stealth species to breed with

1-65 FAIL
66-100 SUCCESS

Writing turns now
>>
>>1541285
possible overlord more a friend we can have fun with and do cute shenanigans with

they could have created the planet if they are that advanced and we should show them that we live on this planet so that we dont have humans building colonys it would be funn playing with them
and this to show them that we are civalized
Research: Bipedal mickicking? Patterned sound communication? Maybe some form of primitive rhythm music?
>>
>>1541304
We already have bipedal stuff. See first post, dope
>>
>>1541304
and lets not forget the peace offering

and is this mucik fitting for the slimes to play?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=en0p1Y35p3w
>>
>>1541308
i have question what are those black dots on the ooze map
>>
>>1541316
No idea. Investigate.
>>
>>1541364
so what did you think of the ice mucik? >>1541311
>>
File: The Ooze turn 6.png (38KB, 1152x648px) Image search: [Google]
The Ooze turn 6.png
38KB, 1152x648px
>>1541297
"YARRR IT'S TIME TO WALK THE PLANK YE FILTHY MONGREL, THIS IS THE LAST TIME YOU'LL MESS WITH JIGGLEBEARD AND WOBBLEBUTT" the small bloblette jiggles. Him and his bloblette crew slashing and stabbing at the terrified panicking 3 eared bunny with their floppy bone swords. The less bunny dashes around in panic as it's cornered to the edge of the overhang above the great puddle. Jiggle beard lunges forward and pokes the bunny, startling it off the ledge into the maw of the Great puddle. The Bloblette crew jiggle in victory over the slaying of the foul beast.

The HUGE blob ripples with the blob equivalent of a sigh while watching the bloblettes sheperding another helpless bunny to the "the plank". Getting back to his gardening research. He's discovered that snow cucumbers grow in...well snow...and has made a small patch for those near the bushes. Next question is how to get the pine cones growing? He's seen snowy pine trees growing at the bottom of the cliff during the expedition the other day and stretches his way down the mountain to see if they are growing in anything strange. It appears to be normal dirt like up the mountain but far more nutritious! He digs a trough with plenty of space at the top of the mountain and infuses some of his nutritious ooze with it while thinking what else is yummy? BONES! He grabs a noodle sword off a bloblette pirate (who jiggles in angry protest) and dissolves it further into a bone meal mush, then adds that to the trough before burying the seeds. Hopefully with a little water they should grow!
>>
>>1541395
what avbout the spore and skitter`?
>>
File: The Spore turn 6.png (56KB, 1152x648px) Image search: [Google]
The Spore turn 6.png
56KB, 1152x648px
>>1541129
PLANNED BONUS(+10)

The Spores begin to use the Hormonal systems of zombie bodies to channel more nutrients and blood flow to grow muscle around the sub-mandibular duct. Allowing the zombies to projectile vomit stomach acid laced with spores!

The bushrats head to act as bait for the moss bear as the Hivemind doesn't know where exactly any other predators are. The monkeys follow through the trees to avoid startling the bear until it's too late. Unfortunatly the bear doesn't seem to be home at the moment. They sit and wait for a chance to ambush the bear when it returns home. Suddenly a barbed dragonhawk swoops down and rips a monkey from it's tree! The Monkey is shredded apart in preparation for the dragonhawk chicks, but just before it dies it manages to vomit into the dragonhawk's face, infecting it
>>1541427
Sorry man I'm new & slow OP, these updates take a lot longer than i was expecting
>>
File: The Skitter Turn 6.png (48KB, 1152x648px) Image search: [Google]
The Skitter Turn 6.png
48KB, 1152x648px
>>1541136
The drones head out looking for something sneaky & quiet to abduct for breeding, but unfortunately they don't find anything....They reason that if they HAD found it, it wouldn't have been very sneaky or quiet, so wouldn't have been worth the breeding and don't let it dampen their moods

There is a new female on the way and with it will come plenty more drones that all need protecting from any dangers beyond the colony. They use a large sheet of moulded carapace and caked on mud to create a camouflaged hatch at the entrances to the colony
>>
ANCHOR
>>
>>1541503
Action: More siblings! We must have more! The Gloop Troop begins a daily harvest of thier crops of berries, cucumbers and fallen branches and pinecones to feed Mother Pool. They all jiggle for joy as they watch new friends climb from the depths of gloops.

Research: A giant gloober was playing around with his lasor and carving marks into the ground making fun and silly shapes. He then popped an idea and hobbled over to the edge of the cliff. He began to shoot carvings down along the side of the cliff so the little globlettes could simply slide down on their own.
Discovered: Goop stone carving and shaping. Any dibris is all for momma of course, so a rubble pile is made for when they are ready for it.
>>
>>1541395
>>1541395
>expand the ice berry farm or make the caves around the mother ooze bigger and depper with the ooze beam (decide with other votes or dice)
>Action: investigate the strange creature bring iceberrys for a peace offering to it
>Research: rhythm music or water and ice based mucik?
>>
>>1541571
You said you went to bed an hour ago lol
>>
>>1541565
were we going to meet the humans and make them a peace offering of iceberries?you know >>1541579
i woke up and i could not sleep so i am up and now its 01:18
>>
do we have one or two actions?
>>
>>1541588
You wanna fuck with humans with our pathetic pool and pop. You want us to die?
>>
>>1541596
1 action. Only 1.
>>
>>1541600
no just say hello and show them we are peace full and not worth killing and hope that they are going to take us with them into space if everything goes to shit
>>
>>1541606
... must be nice. You realize they are probably OPs next civ right? As in... an enemy.
>>
>>1541496
Action: These sneaky beasts may avoid us now, but they will have to eat some time! We send a half a dozen skitter to wait at the Oasis, observing the animals that come there to drink and eat, surely if there is a sneaky beast it will prey on the slow, fat animals from there.

Research: If we are going to be mating with this mantis, we should probably see if it is at least semi-imtelligent. We will try training it in basic commands, using small slivers of meat as rewards.
>>
>>1541614
what? EXPLAIN?!!!!!! EXPLAIN?!!!!
>>
>>1541614
or ally?
>>
Need SPORE turn & then we can go
>>
>>1541657
cant we jdo what they would most likley do improve there eco system and infect plants and live hosts if they do not vote?
>>
what is the ooze vote? greet humans or harvesting? carve with lazer or make mucik?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJXWNV2wGu4
>>
>>1541665
No sorry need to have atleast 1 person give a spore move, even if it's a random unnamed anon
>>1541675
IDK you tell me ooze, what're you going to do
>>
>>1541725
greet humans give them a peace offering of iceberries and this Research: A giant gloober was playing around with his lasor and carving marks into the ground making fun and silly shapes. He then popped an idea and hobbled over to the edge of the cliff. He began to shoot carvings down along the side of the cliff so the little globlettes could simply slide down on their own.
Discovered: Goop stone carving and shaping. Any dibris is all for momma of course, so a rubble pile is made for when they are ready for it.
>>
>>1541745
Dafuq?
>>
>>1541745
greet humans give them a peace offering of iceberries

Research: A giant gloober was playing around with his lasor and carving marks into the ground making fun and silly shapes. He then popped an idea and hobbled over to the edge of the cliff. He began to shoot carvings down along the side of the cliff so the little globlettes could simply slide down on their own.
>>
>>1541725
can we just do what they allways do improve private eco system infect plants and animals
>>
>>1541503
Action: The Hive Tree sends the infected dragonhawk to find suitable mates and draw them back toward the Creep so that the bushrats and monkeys can ambush and convert it into a mating pair.

Research: The Hive Tree decides to test the viability of spores released into the flowing water of the nearby stream, hoping to convert and infect anything that consumes said water.
>>
>>1543338
I object this research there is some sort of metal box extracting something from the water I don't want risk being found by some sort of alien civilization NOT yet at least.
Research:Extreme Hematophagy
Pathogen uses host lymphocytes to replicate. Weakening the immune system. Allowing to fully infect a creature faster

Also OP doesn't It take 5 turns to complete infection so are we even able to control the dragonhawk or the croc.
>>
>>1543338
Also I'm pretty sure I know that OP intends to do.
And I know exactly how to prepare for It
>>
>>1543338
>>1543448
ye, it takes 5 turns, which is why that 1 dragon hawk has ETC turn 11

Need a new spore action & a decision on which of the 2 researches to post
>>
>>1544138
Action:Try previous action again with the bears
Research:
>>1543448
>>
Rolled 16, 11, 86 = 113 (3d100)

Rolling for success

1. Finding a sneaky beast
2. How co-operative the mantis is
3. Human Blob meeting
>>
Rolled 14 (1d100)

>>1544161
>>
File: Y4RZmQf.png (80KB, 529x327px) Image search: [Google]
Y4RZmQf.png
80KB, 529x327px
>>1544204
>tfw you come uop with briliant and creative plan, but dice gods hate you
>>
File: The Ooze turn 7.png (38KB, 1152x648px) Image search: [Google]
The Ooze turn 7.png
38KB, 1152x648px
The HUGE ooze is concerned about traveling up and down the mountain. He gets to work carving a nice gradual slope along the cliff face to make scaling and descending easier and safer. In the process he adds intricate carvings and designs to the walls. All the carved stone is fed to the great puddle

The crew of bloblettes decide to head back to the cave to see the strange wooly and metal creatures again. They bring iceberries as a peace offering and their floppy bone swords just in case. They cautiously enter the cave and see the metal creature is still carving and collecting things from the ice and dirt. Jiggle beard approaches, sword in 1 glob, berries in the other and offers the metal creature his berries. It doesn't respond at all and just keeps collecting samples. Jiggle beard doesn't like being ignored and jiggles irratically, but then the wooly creature appears from around the corner holding a steaming cup of something and a brown flakey thing on a hard white disk. He freezes looking at jiggle beard and his crew...
He slowly puts down what he's holding, breaking off a piece of the brown flakey thing and approaches slowly. He pulls part of his face off and places a piece of the brown flakey thing inside this huge wet hole with fangs that smells funny before making strange vibrations with it, giving jiggle beard the horrific view of the brown thing being mushed and mascerated!
Jiggle beard shivers in terror but stands his ground. The huge looming wooly creature crouches down and offers the brown thing to jiggle beard in exchange for the berries before consuming them too. The bloblettes understand now, this is how the wooly creature eats things as jigglebeard jiggles them reassurance that the brown thing tastes good! This wooly creature doesn't appear to be aggressive.
It stands up, and walks over to the metal creature taking something out before walking back to jiggle beard and shows him a long tube with a rubbery red thing at 1 end and a hole facing him. Jiggle beard jiggles closer to have a taste and is SUCKED INSIDE! The Wooly creature runs over to the metal creature and puts jigglebeard inside creating an eerie green glow. OH MY GOD THEY CAPTURED AND ATE JIGGLE BEARD! the bloblettes bounce away as fast as they can, hearing loud vibrations coming from the wooly creature at the cave entrance calling out to them.
>>1544244
Don't worry that roll was for the bear, not the research, I wouldn't make you roll on an idea like that
>>
File: The Spore turn 7.png (58KB, 1152x648px) Image search: [Google]
The Spore turn 7.png
58KB, 1152x648px
PLANNED BONUS (+10)
The Hive mind realises from his spores within the dragonhawk that the reason infection of live specimens takes so long is because of their immune system fighting back and producing new specialized cells from the bone marrow to attack and destroy them...
The Hive mind uses this knowledge and the zombies it currently has to adapt the spores to quickly target the hematopoietic stem cells within the bone marrow, to stop production of new antibodies, allowing future live infection to happen in 3 days instead of 5

The bushrats and monkeys head to the bear cave again to act as bait. The bear is home this time! Upon seeing the zombie bushrats it runs away...
Turns out Moss bears don't eat rodents, yet alone moving red decomposing ones
>>
Rolled 36 (1d100)

>>1544196
2nd roll to see if the skitter can forcibly mate with the unco-operative mantis

1-25 Fail
26-75 moderate success
76-100 Complete success
>>
>>1544335
hey OP, odwnload paint . net, and disable anti alialising, and you won't get those annoying edges when you use the fill tool.
>>
File: The Skitter Turn 7.png (48KB, 1152x648px) Image search: [Google]
The Skitter Turn 7.png
48KB, 1152x648px
The Drones are on the hunt for something sneaky to breed with and head to the large oasis created by the waterfall. They hide in some tall lakeside grass and observe. This lake seems like a haven for thirsty desert creatures who come in groups for safety while they drink from it's waters and eat dead fish that fell from the top of the waterfall to their untimely end. The dozen are there for hours and havn't seen anything sneaky yet. They are getting frustrated and decide to have a grub break, but upon looking ALL THEIR FOOD STORES HAVE BEEN STOLEN! Non of them know how this happened...there is defiantly SOMETHING smart, quiet and sneaky here that knows about them...but where is it?

Back at the colony the mantis has recovered and the 2nd queen has hatched! Now that the genetic integrity of the hive is secured, the main queen wishes to experiment with new genetic material and the mantis would be excellent for developing a soldier drone. Unfortunately the mantis is not only completely intelligent and wants to go back to it's own colony, it's disgusted at the idea of mixing it's DNA with this inferior colonies. Dispite effots to convince him otherwise, he begins to leave and the queen orders the drones to pin him down to be forcibly mated with. The mantis slices and dices at least 5 drones before he's brought down and unfortunately killed...Luckily the queen is able to extract just enough pheromones before he dies to hatch a new, friendly, Mantis bug.
>>
ANCHOR
>>
>>1544389
Fuck hunting It's not working
Action: Botflies are sent to the metal box, to do some information gathering.
Research: Blood flow into parietal, occipital and temporal lobes increased. Resulting in enchanced senses, motor control and coordination.
>>
>>1544389
Action: The blobblettes jump into the Mother Pool in fear, informing them of what happened to Jigglebeard! A Blob Titan is created as he immediately begins to run towards the odd creatures cave and simply smash the cracks it once crawled thru, open with a gigantic glop fist! Entering the cave he begins his search and destroy mission in order to save Jigglebeard! The titan only grows larger as collapsed stone falls into his form and gets consumed.

Research: Mold the partially floppy bones together and begin forming a whip! Swing and slap the enemy towards us if they try to run! FOR MOMMA!
>>
>>1544389
Suggested action: Attempt communication with the creatures and find out who they are
>>
>>1544426
I don't think we should attack them, we should try and talk. I'm assuming you're joining the Ooze then. That makes 4, lets get some input and a vote.
>>
>>1544432
Joining? I was the 1st member of the group. And he just kidnapped someone. We are going to take him back!
>>
>>1544389
Action: Well clearly there is SOMETHING out there, and it knows how to sneak. Let's wait until we get a bit more knowledge on camoflague so we can set a trap. For now, let's focus on the home front! It seems the other queen is not meeting egg laying quotas, so clearly she is not comfortable enough! We use the skin of the kangaroos to pad her "throne", making it comfy-er.

Research: Camoflague! But only this time on us bugs! This beast will not evade us if it cannot see us.
>>
>>1544432
Join the discord if you wanna discuss and vote.
>>
>>1544438
>>1544455
I agree we should get him back, but maybe we could try asking first is all?
>>
>>1544478
We cannot talk past jiggling.
>>
Rolled 17 (1d100)

Rolling on success (Ooze military action against the wooly and metal cave creatures will be done seperatly behind the scenes)

1. Botfly scouting

1-15 Discover nothing
16-50 Unveil a little of what's going on
51-85 Unveil a lot of what's going on
86-100 Uncover the complete nature of the metal box
>>
>>1544550
Jesus Christ those rolls ...
>>
>>1544478
Yes but we make the biggest blob we can do it
>>
>>1544596
I know you do good plans but your dice is shit
>>
>>1544438
Its just that you have a diffrent ID
>>
hello anyone?
>>
>>1544984
OP is probably at work or something.
>>
File: The Ooze turn 8.png (39KB, 1152x648px) Image search: [Google]
The Ooze turn 8.png
39KB, 1152x648px
(INNOVATIVE! +10)
Huge ooze sees the bloblette crew acting erratically, eating bits of dirt and ice to grow bigger, and trying to mesh their bone swords together for greater range. He's confused and wanders over as they jump towards the Mother pool. They explain what happened.

The Ooze are furious over the eating of jigglebeard and collectively convulse with fury! all 98 ooze merge to form a BEHEMOTH ooze 30m high! It picks up the elongated bone swords and melds them together within itself, drawing it out once it has become a long whip, then charges down the mountain to the cave.
There is a woolly creature standing outside who, upon seeing the behemoth hurtling towards him , drops his cup and runs inside, dropping a metal barrier over the entrance.
The behemoth eats all smashed ice it runs through to gain size and momentum until it collides with the tunnel entrance with a colossal crash, spilling angry bloblettes against the rock face.It smashes against the metal door to now avail and switches to it's pressure cutting beam to cut through. Bloblettes begin to spill through and they see 2 panicking wooly creatures scrambling to gather all the metal creatures together. They see the bloblettes and panic, abandoning their task half way done and running into another metal blocked room.They some loud noises, send out a shockwave that knocks the bloblettes over and starts spewing fire, lifting off! The Wooly creatures have escaped into the sky! Looking up the behemoth notices they land on a large object floating high up above the planet's surface.
Looking through the cave they find the wooly creatures managed to escape with all the metal creatures except those next to the entrance, and a large supply of food rations! Namely, the strange laser digger and the one that ate jigglebeard...
Wobblebutt and his crew attack the creature, which falls over and jigglebeard tumbles out! He's completely unharmed and explains that the creature simply scanned him and made a detailed picture with lots of strange symbols on a screen, which he thinks was examining him. The ooze have come across a Laser digger and a Spectroscope that'll give complete details on the composition of whatever samples they put inside it (they'll need to find a way to translate the symbols to vibrations they can understand though...)
>>
File: The Ooze turn 8.png (39KB, 1152x648px) Image search: [Google]
The Ooze turn 8.png
39KB, 1152x648px
>>1548150
wrong image, forgot the laser digger under tech
>>
File: The Spore turn 8.png (52KB, 1152x648px) Image search: [Google]
The Spore turn 8.png
52KB, 1152x648px
The innovative idea to create stronger muscles for throwing up has given the hivemind inspiration. It moves blood flow in it's minions to the parietal occipital and temporal lobes, heightening their senses so the hive mind is more aware of their surroundings

The Hive mind cannot see past the metal box down the river which is very very strange...it sends it's botflies to scout what's going on. The box is very large and strange indeed , sitting next to the river and being composed of strange geometric shapes of various materials all together painted black. It has an arm reaching over the river and siphoning off all the spores in the water, directing them into the box instead of down stream. The Botflies go into this arm to investigate further where the spores are going and see something red in the way. The spores seem to be traveling through this but the hive-mind cannot see them on the other side because they're also red. It attempts to send the bot flies through but they are instantly vaporized and a siren goes off...

The box is large and metallic, while collecting the Spore spores from the river, it is unclear why
>>
File: The Skitter Turn 8.png (48KB, 1152x648px) Image search: [Google]
The Skitter Turn 8.png
48KB, 1152x648px
The skitter scouts are frustrated that this sneaky beast is not only constantly evading them, but also managed to find them and steal their food! They attempt to camouflage. They take shed carapaces and inject them with birthing pheromones making them floppy, gooey and flexible. Then saturate it with dirt and leaves and twigs, while molding it to their individual shapes. Once it the carapace's re harden, they have ones for all kinds of terrain, including the ground by the oasis! Hopefully with this they will be able to catch the sneaky creature.

The new queen is settling in nicely, but isn't producing enough bugs and eggs. The old queen understands this takes time to get used to, and wants to make her more comfortable. The drones take the left over kangaroo skin from their butchery and create a padded carapace & mud throne in the breeding chamber. Luxury at it's finest!
>>
Sorry for the delay, had things to do yesterday

ANCHOR
>>
>>1548166
ozee
action: make a statue of the wolly creatures as a apology
receartch: heat resistance
>>
>>1548194
No. That is dumb, pointless and you made no explanation as to why.

Research: Behemoth splits up into large, medium and small creatures. A large one sucks the laser drill inside and lets the goop go in and out of the cracks and poors of the unit in order to examine it to see how it works before carefully spitting it out. They get laser drill schematics. (Or an understanding of how to make one)

(You forgot to update pop growth rate this turn)

Action: Begin carving stone weapons with goop lasers and drill laser.
>>
>>1548224
>>1548166
Linking Ooze action.

Will attempt being diplomatic if they can explain why they made that action.
>>
>>1548166
How do zombies look, are they noticeable ? Do they ALL look like rotting corpses ? Since some of our bushrats DO look like corpses ( from the whole moss bear thing) shouldn't we get new botflies each turn since they are attracted by rotting organic matter and thanks our improved infection research our minions have spores even in their own blood ?
>>
>>1548238
The zombies look the same as they do at the point where they became controlled with red fungal growths and patches either on their skin/fur or protruding out. So a live specimen will look like a live uninfected, but will large red fungal patches (think like a burn victim?) while a corpse that was infected will look the same as it did when it was a corpse + the fungus. The bush rats vary on how decomposed they were at the time of infection, with the most rotten being roughly 4 days, so it'd be extremely pale and bloated.

Botflies are attracted to corpses because that's where they lay eggs, so the babies can feed on the flesh afterwards. If you want botflies each turn, you'd need a fertile botfly breeding pair + to use 1 of your zombies purely as incubation and food until it was fully consumed at which point you'd need a replacement

Waiting on skitter turn
>>
>>1548238
You can defiantly use the zombies as fly bait if that's what you're thinking though. But new spore botflies every turn would require a live breeding pair
>>
Need a decision on which ooze turn, as well as a spore & skitter turn
>>
>>1548224
support
>>
>>1548166
Action: Now that we have camoflague, maybe we can get a bit more insight on the ecosystem of this Oasis, we send some drones out to observe and cataloguing their eating habits, lifespans, and pheremone strength

Research: Now that we have a second queen, we can do all kinds of experiments! We begin changing her diet to only include cactuses, to see what that does to the eggs and/or offspring.
>>
>>1548224 Ooze
>>1548274 Skitter

Just need a spore for turn 9
>>
>>1548269
If we learn how the heat laser works we can try to use it to learn resistence next turn, okay?
>>
>>1548281
support its better then to just spending some turns walking to the spore forest or the skitter desert
>>
>>1548285
We dont know where they are or that those locations exist
>>
>>1548285
just walk in the direction where it gets warmer or we have blob walk i a straight line it must hit the grren zone eventyalt or just walk around the world back
>>
>>1548166
>>1548166
Action: The hive comes up with a new tactic.Everyday the most rotten bushrat is used as bait for botflies, then healthy botflies land on the bushrat the infected ones, which are acting as if they are eating the corpse, ambush them and infect them. Botflies aren't very smart so hive assumes the injured ones will fly away and other botflies won't.
Research:Genetic Swap
The hive feels threatened by this metal box collecting It's spores and learning about It. It decides to to begin studying genetics by making spores exchange genetic material with the host.
Effect: more difficult to cure the infected, unlocks the research of more extreme mutations in the future, unlocks the research that involves swapping certain genetics traits, idea of genetics.
>>
Rolled 27 (1d100)

>>1548303 Spore
>>1548274 Skitter
>>1548224 Ooze

Rolling on success

1. Ooze attempt to create complete laser blueprints (INNOVATIVE +10)
>>
File: The Ooze turn 9.png (40KB, 1152x648px) Image search: [Google]
The Ooze turn 9.png
40KB, 1152x648px
>>1548314
The ooze splits apart into a group of various blob sizes, each gets to work exploring the cave and taking interest in the metal unmoving creatures left behind. It has become that these are actually tools of the wooly creatures and not sentient.
A large blob consumes the laser drill to break it apart into it's component pieces, but suprisingly, whatever it's made of seems to be immune to the gloop's corrosive properties. It explores the device and doesn't seem to be able to find any poorly welded seems to seep into, but instead finds a much easier solution in that it has a hatch to access the internal workings!
The gloop seeps inside and finds the technology is incredibly intricate, with electronics going far smaller than the resolution of the gloop. The basic premise seems to be that an unknown material is energized with electricity, causing it to emit light, which is then focused and directed with a series of precisely shaped transparent crystals of another unknown material that can be moved about by the internal mechanisms of the device. The blob is dumbfounded by this level of technology and slowly spits it out onto the ground. Upon retesting, it seems to have been broken by the invading Gloop dissolving the atomic sized electronics involved.

The bloblettes are relieved at the discovery of jigglebeard being safe and sound, but realise that their floppy bone swords were...well floppy and useless for serious threats. They take some of the cut and broken chunks of rock and ice, then carefully attempt to erode them into sharp harder stone weapons. These will far more effective than their bendy bone noodle swords
>>
File: The Spore turn 9.png (52KB, 1152x648px) Image search: [Google]
The Spore turn 9.png
52KB, 1152x648px
>>1548314
The Hivemind realises that the metal box seems to be examining and learning about it's spores and attempts to alter them genetically to make sure they're not completely researched. Unfortunately there's no direct way for it's spores to influence the genetics of it's zombies...It knows that viruses are able to add their own DNA to a host's cells in order to multiply and wonders if there's a way to find out exactly how and infuse the spore with a similar ability to effect a hosts DNA

The Hivemind uses a rotten bushrat as bait to attract live botflies and infect them.
>>
File: The Skitter Turn 9.png (49KB, 1152x648px) Image search: [Google]
The Skitter Turn 9.png
49KB, 1152x648px
>>1548314
With the new Queen here the Skitter are now more willing to experiment with their pheromone composition. The drones break down and distill the cactus into it's essential juices to feed to the queen who then infuses it with her pheramones and injects an egg. The Result is a HARDY DRONE with increased heat resistance and increased defenses from the water retention and prickly spines of the cactus.

The oasis scouts use their new camophlage to lay in hiding at the oasis and develop a detailed understanding of each animal's movements, diet and habits. While they don't know the strength or effect of the species pheromones, they should now be able to capture any oasis species FAR easier, including the illusive stealth creature, which they now assume to be a chameleon tiger that lives at the edge of the jungle above...boy they were lucky that they didn't become the meal!

ANCHOR
>>
>>1548335
Action: Jigglejigglejiggle. Now that they are somewhat properly armed they go back to exploring down the cliffside now that the fuzzy monster is gone and the machine is busted. They create the Goop Troop which is responsible for daily scouting and exploring. Its made of small and medium oozies.

Research: Giant ooze is a little upset that the new toy is broken, he takes it back to the alien hideout to see if he can find or copy ways to Fix Mechanical Devices.

(If we learn to fix things we might learn how to read human stuff later and soon heat resist, Gelatinous.)
>>
>>1548355
Got ooze move, need Spore & Skitter for turn 10
The quest is still new so any thread anons, please feel free to post
>>
>>1548335
Oasis species include :
>Chameleon tigers
> Trichroma LandBats
>Pond Coral
>Pancake Rat
>Poison Horned Giraffes
> Crag Scorpions
> Cliff lemon lemors
>Naked Magnesium Beavers
>Crunchie fish
>6 legged giant toads
>Blue Cold Mould
> Gas Parrots
> Honey ants
>Sand Worms
> weenie Hiennas
>>
>>1548425
Action: Try to abduct either the landbats, scorpions, toads, ants, or worms.
Research: study the soil we're digging? I'll leave it to you richard
>>
>>1548430
Research: We begin posting permanent sentries for extended study of the creatures above, noting things such as diet, how well they interact with their own species, how they interact with other species, etc. We use the two headed drones for this work for increased efficiency.
>>
>>1548335
The Hivemind needs better ways to expand its host.
Research: The Hive Tree researches ways for its spores to grow inside the infected hosts without becoming visible, hopefully to be less detectable and offputting to non infected individuals.
Action: the Hive Tree wants security to ensure its legacy. It sends one of its seeds with a group of three monkeys, planting it in a quiet spot near the monkey village we discovered before. Hopefully as it grows it will manage to infect s good portion of them.
>>
>>1548526
Research: The Hive Tree researches ways for its spores to grow inside the infected hosts without becoming visible, hopefully to be less detectable and offputting to non infected individuals.

What does what even mean ? Does that mean infected won't have those red spots on their skin anymore ?
>>
File: Klax Prime Basic map.png (43KB, 1152x648px) Image search: [Google]
Klax Prime Basic map.png
43KB, 1152x648px
Before I post the next turn, i've been having a few questions about the Map. I'm hoping to get a hex version up at some point, but in the meantime, this is roughly the layout at the moment
>>
>>1548526
Either way I support this turn
>>
Rolled 83, 81, 65 = 229 (3d100)

>>1548526 Spore
>>1548446 Skitter
>>1548430Skitter
>>1548355Ooze

Rolling for success
1. Ooze Scouting
2. Ooze repair
3. Skitter Capture

1-25 Rubbish
26-75 OK
76-100 Brilliant!
>>
>>1548547
Since my research kind of failed can you atleast add genetics to idea section and creep biology since we studied It
>>
>>1548565
Sure, but to get any further you need to get hold of viral spacer DNA. (if you don't know what that is, look up CRISPR) or some other method of gene editing
>>
File: The Ooze turn 10.png (40KB, 1152x648px) Image search: [Google]
The Ooze turn 10.png
40KB, 1152x648px
>>1548558
The last time the ooze went scouting they came across the strange wooly & their metal tools. Although it was scary, it was also an adventure the bloblettes thoroughly enjoyed in hindsight. Jiggle beard & wobblebutt's crew become the Goop troop & begin exploring every day, for the adventure! On the first exploration they've found More snow cucumbers and a Large mystery fossil encased in dense ice. They'll need to come up with a way to thaw it out to see what's inside.
The big ooze is upset he broke his new toy just as he found it and heads back to the wooly creature's cave to see if he can find a way to fix it. He searches through the cave and finds many strange metal instruments and screens with the illegible symbols on. He can't read any of it and wobbles in frustration, plopping down on the ground and placing his destroyed toy in front of him...it sparks! The Machine makes clicking sounds and vibrates a little bit (to ooze gloop, the vibrations feel like screaming). The lazer turns back on and burns through the large blobs hand burrowing into the ice! It's fixed itself! But how??
>>
File: The Spore turn 10.png (53KB, 1152x648px) Image search: [Google]
The Spore turn 10.png
53KB, 1152x648px
The Spore Plant a new hive tree near the monkey village. It'll take quite a few turns to mature (although can be sped up with extra sunlight, water, or CO2). Once it's fully grown it'll burst with spores and hopefully infect all of the monkey village

The Hivemind has noticed that many potential slaves have avoided infection due to running away from the horrific zombies. Although it can't do anything about the bloated corpsey look they've got going on, it can definitely make the spores show less severely on the surface, hopefully tricking live specimens to believe the zombies are just a little under the weather and not fear them. The only way to tell if something is a zombie beyond it's corpsey look now is by getting close enough to see strange patterned growths in the whites of their eyes. If something gets that close, it should be too late to escape

Next post might take a little bit since I have to invent an ecosystem
>>
File: The Skitter Turn 10.png (50KB, 1152x648px) Image search: [Google]
The Skitter Turn 10.png
50KB, 1152x648px
>>1548425
The skitter manage to catch 1 landbat,15 sand worms and 5 honey ants

They station a group of camouflaged 2 headed drones at the oasis to detail all species interactions in full. With their ability to look at many things at once plus their stealth, they should be able to record it all in no time

leaving the ecosystem for future me to do ;)

ANCHOR
>>
>>1548651
Action: Jigglebeard and Wobblebutt form together with other little dudes to make a medium. They suck in the ice block and digest to the fossil form. Spitting out the boney thing they investigate what it might be!

Research: Giant Jiggler hangs out in the outpost with his drill gun and attempts to figure out the instructions by matching symbols on the images woth the symbols on the drill to figure out a basic understanding of the text.

Momma: They toss in the nutritonal alien food into momma to make her stronger!
>>
>>1548663
support
>>
>>1548689
You should join discord, dude
>>
>>1548651
Action: Dig deeper.
Research: Begin cataloguing the stone surrounding our cave and it's colouring, composition, strength, noise absorbing capacity, etc.
>>
Just need spore turn
>>
>>1548651
Action: the Hive Tree decides to test its new less blatant infections by sending some of the monkeys, bushrats and croc back into the ecosystem, acting injured to draw the attention of opportunistic hunters to infect live specimens.
Research: the Hive Tree begins experimenting with the neurological receptors of its hosts, trying to trigger memory, pain and pleasures centers to manipulate hosts alive and dead more effectively
>>
>>1548693
are you ooze?
>>
Rolled 4, 73 = 77 (2d100)

>>1548663 Ooze
>>1548693 Skitter
>>1548756 Spore

Rolling on success
1. Gloop troop daily explore
2. Attracting new hosts
>>
>>1548776
No, pretty sure he's a skitter. Gloopy and I are ooze.
>>
File: The Ooze turn 11.png (43KB, 1152x648px) Image search: [Google]
The Ooze turn 11.png
43KB, 1152x648px
>>1548663
The gloop troop find nothing today...

They think the nutricious rations are very tasty, but instead of being greedy offer it to mother pool as thanks.

They get back to camp and attempt to erode the ice surrounding the fossil to see what's inside. The ice is very dense and they need to be extra careful not to destroy any of the fossil contents, so it may take a day or 2

The giant gloop is very curious about the mining laser and tries to correlate symbols with what the machine does. This would be a lot easier if these symbols were made into sounds aswell, but he tries his best and is able to correlate the basic instructions for on, off, increase & decrease power, aiming and a few other basic verbs. There also seems to be a golden plate attatched to all metal creatures that attempts to communicate with the blob and comes with a golden disc. From his transnational studies he can gather it needs to be played somehow. It will likely give him a lot more information on the woolly creatures

(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voyager_Golden_Record)
>>
File: The Skitter Turn 11.png (52KB, 1152x648px) Image search: [Google]
The Skitter Turn 11.png
52KB, 1152x648px
>>1548693
The Skitter expand the colony into the depths of the earth. The extra room & cooler climate make the new queen and existing queen far more comfortable, increasing birth rate! They can hear something nearby as they dig deeper...

The drones take interest in the rock they're digging in. They notice it is in different colored layers that grow harder as you get deeper with many different metals and minerals scattered throughout. There seems to be a lot of clay as well, implying that there used to be water here. Unfortunately due to their lack of geological knowledge, they can't tell much more, but at this depth they doubt anything on the surface would be able to hear there movements unless they acted in a very large group
>>
File: The Spore turn 11.png (57KB, 1152x648px) Image search: [Google]
The Spore turn 11.png
57KB, 1152x648px
>>1548756
The Hive mind experiments with having it's spores affect different regions of a hosts nervous system to increase the efficiency of infection, reducing live capture time to 1 turn and allowing basic reconstruction of corpses, reducing the corpsey appearance...

The Spore send it's most normal looking minions into the ecosystem in an attempt to infect more creatures. With the recent appearance changes , despite losing 2 bush rats & 2 monkeys, the infections went FAR better

Also, the spore has finally gained complete control over the dragonhawk mother, and due to it mouth feeding them, it's nest of chicks as well!

ANCHOR
>>
At the current rate, I reckon there might be humans by turn 20, maybe 25
>>
>>1551613
>at the current rate
Are you implying all of us are advancing too fast ?
>>
>>1551627
No no, not at all, if you wanted to be at human level it'd probably take you at least 150 turns at this rate, but the humans won't have anywhere near as much tech as they do now. I'm just getting a lot of requests for human so
>>
>>1551585
Action: Begin piping building the pipes needed to have water back at base
Research: With the deeper digging, we have to make sure that we don't accidentally collapse the tunnels. We begin forming shedded carapace to make a layer over stone, inhibiting faster travel as well as structural integrity. (Think Xenomorph's creep from Aliens.)
>>
Need Spore & Ooze move
>>
>>1551585
Research: Giant Jiggler is fascinated by this rounded disc device. He touched it and found shivers going down his gloops! But all of the sounds came at him at once and confused him! He started poking at it when a metal pin laying on the ground, cautiously. Morphing his body he sat the disc flat on a jelly platform that slowly began to rotate it as the needle was carefully supported overhead and slowly lowered to touch the record.

Action: Plant more snow cucumbers! Momma always needs more food! As they plant they begin wiggling and jiggling, having fun as they danced while working. Little did they know that their jiggling rubbed off their nutrients into the glaciers weak soil, making it a little stronger.
>>
>>1551709
idk what you're talking about with the sound coming at him at once

But anyway, Just need SPORE move
>>
>>1551727
Ill explain in discord
>>
Just need a SPORE move, anons feel free to post too, I know the main SPORE guy is in work atm
>>
So while we wait for a spore anon to post a turn, for all the other thread anons, where do you see this quest going in the future? any visions for your races or ideas on how to get them to space? What about after that?
>>
>>1551742
Research: Regeneration 2
Stem cell production encouraged. Allowing to regenerate organs or limbs over time. For example bushrat which lost It's eye. It's eye socket would get covered up by a thick layer of spores and harden, eventually spore layer would fall off revealing a new eye.
Action: New predators try to capture love monkeys and bushrats.
>>
>>1551709 Ooze
>>1551828 Spore
>>1551683 Skitter

Rolling on success
1. Gloop Troop daily scout
>>
Rolled 81 (1d100)

>>1551841
whoops
>>
>>1551813
Sorry OP real life got in the way of your quest.
>where do you see this quest going
To space, I also see you making things more interesting in the future by giving us more challenges
>visions for your race
Either zerg or the planet from Sid meir's alpha centauri .
>how to get into space
Infect humans or bioengineer a space monster.
>>1551828
>love monkeys
Fuck you too phone.
>>
>>1551841
Also how does It feel to make your first quest and such a good one might I add.
>>
>>1551813
Since goops dont really see that well, i am hoping that the record will help space and tech advances by a bit. Goops have plenty explore, but our race is survived by eatinf everything, making tech advances tricky as not to accidentally eat everything.
>>
>>1551849
It's ok, it's just funny since spore originally had the most players I think & we're usually waiting, I understand though, honestly the only reason this quest has been so slow is because by the time everybody's on, It's really late at night so I can only post a few things

What happens on sid meir's alpha centauri that's so exciting?
I promise i've got plenty in mind for how to make things interesting for you ;)

Glad you're enjoying it though, it feels good and i'm enjoying having to flesh out and make things consistent when you, the players, come up with something I haven't thought of (most turns desu). My only gripe is how long it takes me to remake the stat sheets since my comp is really broken & I have to use on screen keyboards & shit so it takes that extra bit of time. Not that i'm complaining, i've wanted to make a quest for a while & all my ideas are always future based. the tribe evo really got me hooked though

>>1551863
Thing is with the goop, I feel that they're so versatile due to their biology, that it's not even a huge drawback. But yes I reckon the record will help your research by a fair bit
>>
File: The Ooze turn 12.png (42KB, 1152x648px) Image search: [Google]
The Ooze turn 12.png
42KB, 1152x648px
The Gloop Troop wander east and notice things becoming abit warmer & less icy, the density of living frosty vegiation increases! Then they look to the horizon and see something amazing they've never seen before. It's glowing! The entire horizon, as far as their gloop can see has a halo of red light that shines brightly. They notice that the light tingles as it passes through them, and as they wobble in glee, the light passing through them also wiggles.

Back at home, the bloblettes have finally finished carefully separating the dense ice from it's fossilized cargo...except it's not fossilized! It's alive! They've just released a large ancient blob from the ice! But how did it get there? The bloblettes vibrate with questions to which the mystery blob slowly responds as he gets used to freedom. Long ago he was a soilder of the great oozian empire that was wiped out by a cataclysmic event where both the heavens spewed fire and the earth shook with hatred. He'd tried to run here, the only puddle that was geologically safe at the time, but was caught in an avalanche from the earthquakes and frozen...until now

The bloblettes plant more snow cucumbers and dance in giddiness at the arrival of the ancient blob and what it's lived through and knows. Indirectly their giddy dancing splashes small gloops all over the terrain, further fertilizing the barren soil

Meanwhile the giant jiggler is at the wooly creature's cave. He finds that the mysterious golden disc is designed to make vibrations, but as he runs himself across it, it comes across as wall of muffled noise. He carefully experiments attempting to figure out how to create something coherent until he finds that by running a sharp ice crystal along the surface while gently rotating it, it creates the soothing vibrations it was supposed to. Although there appears to be some form of visual component he's missing here, this method helps him piece together the sounds and languages of EARTH and HUMANS!
>>
>>1551872
Alpha centauri is a civilizations game but set on well alpha centauri. Basically earth gets fucked and united nations sent a ship to planet Chiron. Then the captain gets killed and crew splits into different factions. What I like about the game is that flavour text portrays Miriam Godwinson ( Christian faction leader) in a positive light. Most players instantly dismiss her as a fundamentalist anti science wacko (if they read the flavour text they would realise she is PRO science, she simply has problems with late game tech which gets really FUCKED UP ) and they compare her to jihadist even if there is nothing in flavour text to suggest this.
But anyway the planet in alpha centauri is a result of highly advanced alien civilization attempt to create a planetary sentience, there is fungus which covers entire planet and is full of neurons transferring information, mindworms which use psionic terror to paralyze victims and plant eggs in their brains while they are still alive, people going insane after planet attempts to communicate psionically, spore towers shooting spore bombs like an artillery etc etc. It's a nice sci-fi game with interesting universe.
>>
>>1551959
It tackled a lot of philosophical questions.
It also has a role playing game based on It and people used It as an excuse to discuss the game on /tg/.
>>
File: The Spore turn 12.png (56KB, 1152x648px) Image search: [Google]
The Spore turn 12.png
56KB, 1152x648px
The Hive mind has noticed that it can't use minions that have been severely injured, as they, mechanically, don't work anymore. Since it doesn't have the capacity to individually control cells, it instead sends extra blood flow, nutrients, and growth hormones to areas containing adult stem cells for the injured area. This is a slow process, but by using the spore mold like a protective scab, it allows the zombies to recover and repair faster & from more severe injuries than before.

The new predators prove to be excellent and bring many live uninfected specimens of twin tailed monkeys, and purple stick bushrats to the creep.
>>
The skitter begin creating a piping system using carapace tubes to get water to the colony

The drones keep hearing strange sounds from the deeper tunnels and decide to brace the tunnel with stone and carapace to increase structural integrity, as well as making it look a lot more aesthetic from the drone perspective

The 2 headed drones finally finish the oasis research. They discover the following about each species:
> Pond Coral: Producer
Grows in the oasis lagoons & in the river up above. Photosynthesizes, very nutritious and salty, comes in various colours, rough and has an eating texture similar to cold/hard toffee, where it snaps then takes a while to chew, getting easier with each bite.
Eats: N/A
Eaten by : giraffes, bats, fish, beavers, lemors, scorpians, rats, toads, parrots, ants

> Blue Cold Mould: Producer
Grows on moist rock in, and around the pools and behind the waterfalls. Photosynthesises using longer wavelengths ranging from far infrared through to green, giving it it's distinctive cold deep blue colour.
Eats: N/A
Eaten by:Rats, scorpions, lemors, beavers, fish, toads, parrots, ants, worms

>Cliff Lemon Lemors: Producer / Primary consumer
Slow moving passive creatures twice the size of an elephant, entire ecosystems stem around this creature because of it's unique relationship to cold mold.
It grows it's own in the specially designed tube hairs in its tube like fur that are able to trap moisture & nutrients. While it exclusively eats this personal reserve of food, it uses a little of the nutrients and water it consumes to grow a ring of small yellow fruit like bulbs around it's joints. These contain tangy juice that animals flock to fora free meal, in return they excrete in the lemur fur to act as fertilizer for it's large cold mold crop. Has a high bacterial resistance and strong arms to push away greedy opportunists.
Eats:Blue cold mold
"Eaten by":Tigers, bats, rats, giraffes, beavers, parrots, ants, hiennas

Sand Worms:Primary consumer

>Honey ants: Primary / Secondary Consumer
Small with purple translucient sacks just before their heads that store venom. Large colonies build complex underground structures around a central pit. This pit is used to grow cold mould and trap & swarm smaller creatures that come inside to eat. They chemically alter their venom to create a glossy purple sugary and protein rich substance to feed their young, closely akin to honey.
Eats: Blue cold mold, pond coral, Sand worms, crag scorpions , Lemor Lemons
Eaten by: Bats, rats, girraffes, scorpions, toads, parrots

>>Chameleon tigers: APEX PREDATOR
Very stealthy, quiet and large. Deadly if threatened. Has the ability to change it's fur & skin patterns to camoflage at will to whatever it likes.
Eats - Rats, bats, lemors, beavers, fish, toads, parrots & hiennas if it gets the chance
Predated by - Nothing

Comment too long, cont
>>
>>1552391
Cont.
>Crunchie Fish: Primary Consumer
Live in the ponds and rivers. Have extremely thicc & hard scales. Very fast swimmers
Eats:Pond coral
Eaten by:Tigers, bats, giraffes, beavers, toads, parrots

>Trichroma landbat: Secondary consumer
Using it's unique wing cellular structure and pigments, the land bat is able to make itself completely invisible to visible light. It's blind & navigates with sonar, so only the most astute predators and prey can pick out it's location based on it's constant high pitched chirps and movement.
Eats: Scorpians, fish, lemor lemons, ants, rats, worms
eaten by:Tigers, Hienas

>Pancake rat: Primary / secondary consumer
Lives up in the jungle and down in the oasis, it's unique shape allows it to easily camouflage itself with the ground, as well as surf & glide large distances.
Eats: pond coral, honey ants, sand worms, scorpians
Eaten by: Tigers, bats

Poison Horned Giraffe: Secondary Consumer
Very strong paralysis toxin and thick skull & horns. Stuns then beats creatures with it's head like a mace...very messy
Eats: Coral, Fish, ants
Eaten by: Tiger, Hienna

>Crag Scorpion: primary/secondary consumer
Extreme heat resistance + protective exoskeleton and strong neurotoxin make it excellent at fending off large predators and catching small prey. Hides in the nooks & crannies of the canyons and crags in the dry places surrounding the oasis
Eats: Coral, Mould, ants, worms, lemor lemons
Eaten by: Ants, beavers, toads, parrots

>Naked Magnesium Beavers: Primary/secondary consumer
Magnesium beavers swim throughout the rivers and pools. They have a specialized digestive tracts that extracts large quantities of magnesium from the chlorophyll in cold mould, coral, and it's prey. The magnesium is used to great effect, allowing them to guage temperature accurately as they are particuarly sensitive tot his, it's allowed with their teeth for extra strength, allowing them to chew through bone rock and metal, and it's not unheard of for them to fling their magnesium rich poo at predators which catches fire mid air.
Eats: Coral, Mould, Fish, lemor lemons, rats, ants, worms
Eaten by: tigers, hiennas

>6 Legged Giant Toads: Secondary consumer
Found primarily in the jungles, but small groups have begun to live in the oasis lagoons. Their extra strong limbs allow for extreme agility in the water and in the cracks and crags they are forced to jump through to catch prey & escape predators
Eats:Ants , Coral, Scorpions, Lemor lemons, baby rats
Eaten by: tigers, hiennas, beavers, bats

ONE LAST CONT. THEN WE CAN ANCHOR
>>
File: The Skitter Turn 12.png (53KB, 1152x648px) Image search: [Google]
The Skitter Turn 12.png
53KB, 1152x648px
>>1553153
CONT.

>Sand Worm: Primary consumer
Parasite that burrows quickly through the dirt and ejaculates a thin transluscient webbing that fuses with it's targets skin, allowing it to drag small prey to their death, and leech blood off larger creatures who are too big to notice
Eats:Animal blood, Poo, coral, mold, single ants, other worms
Eaten by: Ants, bats, rats, giraffes, beavers, fish, parrots, other worms

>Gas Parrot: Secondary consumer
Flies from the jungles to the lagoons for easy meals. Colourful but smells really really bad to discourage predation. Excelent senses of site, smell & hearing including ultra violet.
Eats:Ants, worms, scorpians, fish, lemor lemons
Eaten by: Tigers, Hiennas

> Weenie hiennas: long orange oppertunistic pack animals. Come to the lagoons primarily to scavenge a quick meal rather than directly hunt. Disease incubation in mouth, resistant to infections. Very cunning.
Eats: Rats, bats, lemors, lemor lemons, beavers, fish, toads, parrots
Eaten by: Tigers

IF I'VE MISSED ANY CONNECTIONS, PLEASE POINT THEM OUT & I'LL CORRECT THEM, IN THE MEANTIME (finally)

ANCHOR

P.S. Not doing that again
>>
>>1553217
Action: Wobblebutt runs back to momma to tell her about the yellowing sky and exciting new life. The Troop begin taking samples of the plants back home for momma while others roll around and eat the dirt and weeds. How far can they go before the heat is too much?

Momma: Toss ancient blob into momma and learn his wisdom and welcome him to a new home.

Research: With his new understanding of human speech and writing, Giant Jiggler begins teaching himself how to use various tools and devices in this space. He even divides into tiny blolblettes to learn multiple things at once while one runs back to momma and dives in to share the news!
>>
>>1553729
That's 2 actions (well 3 but it's not unreasonable)
Which action, plant samples or heat experiment
>>
>>1554720
Heaaaat.
>>
>>1554847
Got ooze move, Need SPORE & SKITTER
>>
>>1553217
Action: try and capture sandworms, multiple if possible.
Research: beginning agriculture, we plant some cacti outside our base to act as both a natural deterrent to predators and a source of hardy skitter.
>>
SPORE move & then we can go
>>
>>1555369
Action: The Hive Tree decides it's time to get to the bottom of the box down river. 8 of the widowspiders and 2 of the dragonhawks are sent on a recon mission - the hawks flying high over the box to discern what they can, and the spiders creeping through the underbrush to escape notice. 6 Botflies zip in a mini swarm down over the river itself, ready to spread out should they encounter anything. The main mission is recon, not engagement, and the Hive Tree's curiosity grows stronger and stronger.

Research: The Hive Tree is curious about implications with the widowspiders and ribbon vipers being venomous. It devotes time to ensuring their bites will infect bitten prey, becoming a surefire delivery of spores that leave little damage on the host unlike toxic vomit.
>>
>>1555820 SPORE
>>1555322 SKITTER
>>1553729 OOZE

Rolling for success
1. Ooze Daily scout
2. Sandworm capture
3. Spore Box Recon

I should be around for a while tonight, so hopefully we can get a few turns in before I make the next thread
>>
Rolled 86, 23, 44 = 153 (3d100)

>>1555943
whoops
>>
The Gloop Troop carry on exploring while basking in the horizon glow. They experiment with bending and focusing the light on each other and notice it can get very hot. Using themselves as crude magnifying glasses they focus the beams on various things including the snow, discovering a recently snow covered large stash of fish, and footprints that leads to another cave! Inside is a small family of cotton wolves cuddling for warmth

The Large Curious ooze at the Abandoned Human mining facility armed with his new knowledge of humans and their language, splits into many blobblettes and explores the cave with many new gloopy eyes, sending 1 blob back to share the info with mother. He discovers how to use the Spectrometer , that this was a recently set up science base who's job was to get an initial survey of this area's geological structure as it's thought to be extremely rich in metals and minerals under the ice. The humans learnt about the complete anatomy of the ooze from scanning jigglebeard and a distress call has been sent due to volatile alien life attacking the base. They will likely come back.

Wobble butt jiggles home as fast as his gloop can carry him. He eagerly vibrates the news of the beautiful golden horizon he'd seen to the mother pool, who soothingly wobbles in awe.
The Ancient Ooze explains to them that it's Aquerii's light flooding over the horizon of the tidally locked planet. Wobblebutt and Motherpool oscillate slowly in confusing and the large ooze ripples with a sigh, melding with the mother pool to give the ooze all of his knowledge.

(I'll post the full ancient blob history after the Anchor while people are deciding on turns)
>>
File: The Ooze turn 13.png (42KB, 1152x648px) Image search: [Google]
The Ooze turn 13.png
42KB, 1152x648px
>>1556044
Whoops, forgot the image, i'm so not with it
>>
>>1555949
Inspired by the lush life at the oasis, the Skitter decide to attempt to create their own little lagoons of wonder above their colony. The piping system won't be complete for a few days, so they decide to manually move water from the oasis to the desired garden location. They mash up the hard ground into a finer, nicer material and mix it with rich feces and a little meat to help the cacti grow!

Back at the Oasis the 2 headed drones are ordered to capture the sand worms , but the mix of underground living + being eaten by so many other creatures proves them to be illusive. They find some to add to their stash but nowhere near the bounty they'd hoped for
>>
File: The Skitter Turn 13.png (54KB, 1152x648px) Image search: [Google]
The Skitter Turn 13.png
54KB, 1152x648px
>>1556072
Forgot the picture....again.... No sleep man...

ALSO, Ooze growth should be +52 per turn
>>
File: The Spore turn 13.png (56KB, 1152x648px) Image search: [Google]
The Spore turn 13.png
56KB, 1152x648px
The Hive Tree now has always disliked how infection tends to leave it's minions damaged and takes great interest in it's newest minions potential to cleanly infect. Spores will now densely incubate in venom glands to make infection clean and quick compared to the more violent naja mortis methods previously enjoyed.

What is this Metal Box, Why is it harvesting the spores, how did it instantly kill all of the previous botfly scouts? The Hive Tree has an intense curiosity over this development, nothing has ever challenged it before...it'd be salivating if it had a mouth....

The Box is large and black and sealed with many sensors and probes on the outside. The dragonhawks and botflies cannot find a way in or determine anything else from the outside, However a Hatch opens and 1 of the spiders is quickly scooped up into a small transparent container and brought inside by what appears to be a fleshy creature with patches of fur inside a white suit made of unfamiliar material.

As the spider is brought inside the Hive Tree finally has a good look around. It's bright and clean, very artificial with many Large Metal creatures and 1 other fleshy creature inside, with many many alien contraptions and tools. There are screens with all manner of various sized symbols and pictures zipping by, many of which are analyses of the spores!. The spider is placed down and both fleshy creatures get very close to the the container and the spider attempts to vomit onto them! The vomit splashes harmlessly against he container wall. The creatures step back and begin making muffled noises to each other before one goes back to staring very closely at the spider and the other goes to a screen across the room. On the screen a stern female fleshy creature not wearing the white suit and begins VERY loud aggressive muffling. After a few minutes of conversation ends and the white suited fleshy walks over to the metal creature which rolls over to the spider, which scans it from top to bottom with a green plane of light, before making a high pitched whir and shining an extremely bright light blue light at the spider.Then Nothing...

What happened? Did it kill the spider? who are these creatures? how do they have so much information on the spore & why are they collecting it?

ANCHOR
>>
>>1556163
Action: Following the humans lead they use their mining camp and continue operations. They use tge mine drill and goop lasers and begin mining tge tunnel by separating the stone with lasers, ingesting the stone, then spitting out the metal that tge humans wanted. Maybe they can mold it too soon!

Research: They found those wooly wolf creatures. They want to be friends. So by jiggling and wiggling and all around good-naturedness they attempt to tame the wolves. That wooly stuff looks useful!
>>
>>1556163
Research: The Spore needs to find new ways to spread its infection. The current method is reliable for basic prey, but it worries that evolutionary developments may render its necessary infestations moot. It begins experimenting with new ways to connect with hosts, including a variety of infectious cells and spores that are only released by the Hive Tree (so they don't escape downriver for study).

Action: The Hive Tree begins amassing its forces. All fertile creatures are instructed to reproduce, hopefully producing offspring that are infected even before they are born.
>>
Just waiting for skitter
>>
File: Ancient Ooze City.png (1MB, 1172x788px) Image search: [Google]
Ancient Ooze City.png
1MB, 1172x788px
Ancient Ooze Knowledge:

Long ago , the great Oozian empire dominated the planet, with the largest concentration of cities and ooze population being on the dark side of Klax Prime.
Their society was prosperous and peaceful, excelling in the fields of Music, Optics, Construction, Physics & Chemistry. It's cities were large majestic interconnected structures of ooze and other materials allowing them to change dynamically as required, connected with long thin highways of specially engineered materials surrounded with thin films of ooze allowing the passage of ooze between structures at the speed of sound. The Cities resonated with soothing song and glittering light bent around the planet from the desert colonies via the ooze anatomy's light refracting properties.
The re purposed light and song warmed up the cold side of the planet to where there was rivers of liquid water, allowing vegetation and animals from the green belt to expand into the ooze lands and enjoy the haven created.

The Ancient Ooze was created at the end of a long war against a threat from the stars. This was after a decision to separate sectors of societies knowledge to make leaks harder. As a result, he doesn't know exactly how many of these wonders were achieved and instead only knows of how to bend light for heat & offensive capabilities, aswell as complete shapeshifting knowledge for any situation. He was born in a last ditch effort to defend the planet from their mother ship unleashing a horrific doomsday weapon...

Cont.
>>
File: T'Zak scouting ship.jpg (168KB, 871x900px) Image search: [Google]
T'Zak scouting ship.jpg
168KB, 871x900px
>>1558843
The long prosperous age of the ooze came to an end shortly after they had taken their first steps to the stars.
They had developed an ooze superhighway, attached to the largest of Klax Prime's 3 moons Titanius. Using a newly developed super allotrope of carbon that had been spun together into a thick coord and coating it in a thin layer of ooze, they could use the dynamic structures at the base to create a functional SPACE ELEVATOR, allowing them to create a settlement on Titanus, the pinnacle of ooze innovation and achievement.

Soon after, a small ship arrived at the capital city containing a small rodent like creature who said he'd seen the space elevator, knew there was intelligent life here and came with a warning...
His star system had fallen to a race called the T'zak, extremely advanced ominous black creatures that go from system to system & strip it of it's resources like a virus, before finally surrounding the star in a dyson swarm, siphoning all it's energy to power it's legions.
He warned them that a T'zak scouting vessel was coming to this system and its extremely advanced tech would easily ravage the ooze and all of the Aquerii system.
The refugee alien's race had fallen to a insidious T'Zak weapon of STRANGELETS. The most energy efficient particle in existence, that grows MORE stable the more quarks it contains, effectively making it convert everything it touches into more strangelets. The T'zak would unleash it on troublesome races, converting everything they have into strangelets before containing the matter with a gravitational field, and destabilizing excess strange lets with large quantities of energy, then proceeding to harvest the system's planet & it's star.

The Ooze scrambled to prepare and converted Titanus into a military base. It was the first to fall.
A drawnout war followed, decimating Ooze society. All their technologies and abilities proved almost useless against the single t'zak scouting ship & the legions of engineered creatures and robots it pumped out on a unrelenting minute by minute basis. The ooze society underwent significant change, fast. The only effective offense and defense proved to be the most primitive, smashing.
By the time the scouting ship finally fell the ooze had barely had time to re-establish it's main settlements and it's titanus military base before another, much larger ship loomed over the planet. The ooze produced as many troops as they could, including ancient ooze and pumped them up to titanus in a desperate act of self preservation against these insurmountable odds.

Cont.
>>
>>1556163
Uh, action: Extract pheremone from those sand worms.
Research: Fertility. We begin to understand how to make things grow faster, and it's by mixing rotten food and shit on their roots!
>>
File: Apocalypse.jpg (78KB, 1280x640px) Image search: [Google]
Apocalypse.jpg
78KB, 1280x640px
Then it happened. The small strangelet bomb was unleashed upon Titanus and panic ensued as everything and everyooze it touched melted into more strangelets. The few solders left un-strangified attempted the only move the ooze had theorized might work against this weapon, but only as long as the spread was still small. They glooped together and spread into large and thin giant ooze lenses, focusing all of Aquarii's energy onto the spreading horror, vaporising it into a quark soup, aswell as a large section of titanus.
The stars disappeared behind the mothership as it opened up , ready to consume titanus whole and all the ooze still on it. The small band of soldiers left stared into the maw of death and realized that titanus, klax prime and the Aquarii system was lost...

News came up the the elevator to evacuate and that the ooze's on the ground had an idea.
Once all the soilders were safely traveling through the elevator the plan started. Using the entirety of ooze kind melded into the space elevator's ground anchor, they would use the space elevator as sling and whip titanus into the mothership, hoping to destroy it before it was too late. IT WORKED!

Titanus and the mothership remains rained from the sky as large meteors, causing shockwaves, earthquakes, volcanoes erupted and the planets atmosphere turned black from the ash and debris flung up from the impacts.
While the ooze had defended the planet, they had caused an apocalypse as all life on the planet was obliterated, burned, boiled, & buried in the cataclysm.

The ancient ooze is unsure how long ago this was, but he sees the remains of Titanus have formed into the ring surrounding Klax Prime, and he is very wary of the large Human Ship floating above their heads...

(Ooze also learn they can withstand temperatures of up to 150 degrees celcius before boiling, while anything above 50 will cause them to become gradually more sloppy and fluid)
>>
Rolled 79, 22 = 101 (2d100)

>>1556236
Ooze
>>1558481
Spore
>>1558951
Skitter

Rolling on success
1. Daily Gloop troop scout
2. Ooze wolf taming attempt
>>
Also if anybody is interested in further reading about the concepts discussed in the ancient ooze posts, here you go

> Space elevator - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_elevator

> Carbon space elevator coord -
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carbon_nanotube

> Dyson Swarm -
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dyson_sphere

> Weaponized strangelets -
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strangelet
>>
But spore and bugs have no reason to know or understand these concepts right?
>>
>>1559022
>>1559094
>>
>>1559094
Ye of course, neither do the Ooze since the ancient ooze was a soldier with no knowledge of how to actually get any of this working other than seeing the effects during the war.
This is simply for people who are interested and curious in the science used in the story
>>
New Thread!

>>1559347
Thread posts: 312
Thread images: 60

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.