[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Metal Chronicles Quest #2

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5

File: MCOP.png (2MB, 1600x897px) Image search: [Google]
MCOP.png
2MB, 1600x897px
LAST TIME, ON METAL CHRONICLES!

http://boards.4chan.org/qst/thread/125261/metal-chronicles-quest-1#bottom

I dunno how to archive threads, so I guess this should do for now, though if anyone is willing to show me how, it'd be much appreciated!

You defeated a PUPPET, one of many that form the backbone of the invasion force that has taken over most of Earth in the last two or three months.It wasn't an easy fight, but in the end, you prevailed and even LEVELED UP!. You now have TWO (2) STAT POINTS you can freely allocate, as well as 30 EXP you can obtain perks with!

You wake up, groaning slightly, before the first pangs of pain hit you. You can't help but shake slightly as the pain courses through your body, coming from your arms and legs... But at least you know you're alive, and by what you're feeling, your limbs are still attached to your body.

What even happened? You can't help but wonder, staring at the white, empty ceiling as you try to remember... You were fighting. One of them, even. Well, more like kicking the thing's as, you think with a grin, followed by a grimace. And then, the building you and your squad were in was hit. Probably a stray shell, Fido's shell finally not being able to take any more or...

No. Couldn't possibly be. You reluctantly shake the possibility off, trying to sit straight. There doesn't seem to be anyone around...
>>
File: CharSheet.png (20KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
CharSheet.png
20KB, 1200x800px
>>152256
Now, your statline is composed of 6 vital stats

PILOTING- Your ability to bring out the most out of your suit.

STRENGTH- Your personal strength. How much you can lift, push and pull.

SPEED- Pretty self explanatory.

TECH- Your ability to deal with machines, whether it's fixing them, scrapping them for resources or breaking into them...

CONSTITUTION- How physically resilient you are, and how much damage and stress you can take before you go down.

Improving these will not only help with how you interact with the world outside of your Exo, but might even affect what you're able to do in it...
>>
File: PerkTree.png (843KB, 2400x1768px) Image search: [Google]
PerkTree.png
843KB, 2400x1768px
>>152284
Perks, on the other hand, are special skills and abilities that influence your fighting and piloting style. You unlock a new tier of perks every level. Due to the fact that you won the last fight (a boss fight), you've obtained 30 EXP, taking you from level 1 straight to level 3 and unlocking the second tier of perks!

Each one has their own requirements, and you can only choose ONE for each tree in each tier. (e.g. Never Enough and One Shot are mutually exclusive, but you can take Never Enough and Go, go!)

Every time you complete a mission, or defeat a particularly dangerous fow, you will obtain more experience, which you can use to acquire more perks. Every time you level up, you will get 2 stat points to allocate.

With that said...

[ ] YOU HAVE CONTROL
>>
>>152256
Here's a link for the archiving tool suptg. This one is the section dedicated to quests on /qst/.
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/qstarchive.html

You'll see the Add Thread request interface on the left. The request form itself is pretty self-explanatory.

>>152316
So we're allocating points right now, yeah?
>Piloting
>Constitution

>Never enough
>>
>>152355
Thank you!

And yes, allocating stat points and EXP points. If you take Never Enough... on its own, you'd still have 20 points left to use.
>>
>>152414
>If all else fails
full Dakkamancer
>>
>>152414
>>152423
Wait a second, your font made me think those 0s were 8s

It's fine I guess, I'll let someone else choose one, or save the rest for now, I guess.
>>
>>152423
>>152355
Alright then. One vote for

PILOTING
CONSTITUTION

Never Enough...
If All Else Fails...

I'll say voting closes in 10 mins!
>>
File: LukeSheet.png (101KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
LukeSheet.png
101KB, 1200x800px
You manage to pull yourself up and into your feet, as much as every part of your body flares up in agony as you do. You breathe heavily, drops of cold sweat running down your forehead as you grit your teeth, trying to ignore the pain. You exhale, opening your eyes and looking for wounds, only to find... there's none. Granted, the skin on your right arm and legs looks... off, somehow, but other than that, there's no scars. No burns, nothing.

Just what happened back there?

Your thoughts are suddenly interrupted, as you see the door creak open, letting Stewart in.

"Hey, Sarge! Up and back at them already, huh?" he says, though the usual cheer from his voice is gone. There's several bruises on his face, as well as a couple of cuts on his forearms and fingers. He's carrying a bottle of cheap wine in one hand, and two plastic cups in the other as he sits down next to your bed, resting his boots on the table, staring at nowhere in particular.

[ ]"You look like hammered shit, Stewart. What the fuck happened to you?"
[ ]"What's the matter, Lucas? You look like you've seen a ghost."
[ ]"Status report, Private. How long have I been out?"
>>
File: CharSheet.png (43KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
CharSheet.png
43KB, 1200x800px
>Whoops. Forgot the updated character sheet.
>>
>>152600
>"You look like hammered shit, Stewart. What the fuck happened to you?"
>>
>>152627
He shakes his head, simply placing the cups down and beginning to fill them up.

"Jan's gone." he states, matter of factly as he places one of the cups in your hands. For a moment, neither of you say a word, before drinking down the wine in a single gulp.

"When the artillery began to hit the building... A part of the it collapsed on her; a pipe went straight through her chest, pierced her right through. I got off lucky, by comparison." he smiles, grimly, before continuing. "Just a couple rocks to the face, nothing I haven't dealt with before. I barely managed to get you out before you followed suit."

Stewart sighs deeply, shaking his head.

"We were caught in the crossfire, Sarge. Apparently, High Command was having us fall back so they could bring in their... freaks." Stewart spits on the floor, before continuing. "Fuckers didn't even try to check for friendlies before they started lighting the whole damn place up."

[ ]"... No way. The Vancouver bombers, here of all places?"
[ ]"We should have never trusted those treacherous sons of a bitch!"
>>
>>152724
>[X]"We should have never trusted those treacherous sons of a bitch!"
>>
>>152950
"Damn right." Stewart nods in approval, this time drinking straight out of the bottle.

You can't help but clench your fists, impotent rage running through yor body as you sit silently in that empty, white room. Jan did not deserve to go like that, burning away under a pile of rubble...

And yet, you knew Jan wasn't the first... Or the last, person whose life was taken away by a bunch of reckless morons, trying to play superhero.

The Armor Corps... What a joke. A bunch of psychos who'd somehow managed to get their hands on a Puppet suit and not lost their minds and now, they expected the world to bow and kowtow to them, like they somehow deserved it.

They'd turned northern Canada into a crater, and they still somehow had the nerve to walk around like they owned the fucking place.
>>
>>152983

What hurt the most, though, what really stung was the fact that your suits, the only thing that even gave you a chance to fight back against the Puppets were based off of theirs, and they'd never let you live that down.

Tin Cans, you'd heard some of them call you and your fellow soldiers behind your backs. No heart to lose, no value to the war. Made to be used and tossed away.

Someday. Someday you

[ ]will show them what being a man really means.
[ ]will put those fuckers in their place, once and for all.
[ ]will put them down, like the mad dogs they are.
>>
>>153006
>[X]will show them what being a man really means.
>>
>>152983
>sorry, made a mistake. It should be Eastern Canada. My apologies.
>>
>>153016
It's what Em would have wanted. you think to yourself, covering your face with your hand. Maybe you were just a grunt, maybe you were just another gear in the war machine. But in the end, there was something you knew.

For all their theatrics, for all their bragging and dick measuring, they aren't brave. Men are brave, and they're just bullies, hiding behind a layer of metal and pretending they're tough.

>And we'll be back, right after these suspiciously long messages from our sponsor, the King of Mattresses!
>>
>>153040
Oh yes, it's back!
too bad i missed the stat allocations for muh CQC throws.
>>
>>153040
WHERE DID YOU GOOO?
>>
>>161356 #
>>159777 #
I'M SORRY

My PC kinda had a meltdown and died, so I spent the day trying to salvage whatever I could. However, I now have access to 4chins along with some of the recovered images. If everyone is OK with it, let's try and continue!

You must have been really out of it, as you notice Stewart shuffling around awkwardly in his seat. He shrugs, noticing your stare and serving himself another cup.

"Sorry, Sarge. You looked really... deep, back there. Didn't want to interrupt you."

[ ]"Where... Are we?"
[ ]"Think nothing of it."
[ ]"Did they manage to recover Jan's suit, at least?"
[ ]FREE
>>
>>162237
>>159777
>You have 20 available EXP to acquire perks with.

>[ ]USE
>[ ]DO NOT
>>
>>162240

>not using EXP

What kind of faggot doesn't level up whenever he can?

>[X]USE
>>
>>162317
Refer to the perks here >>152316, for something you'd like to get.
>>
I don't know. Combat reflexes look good.
>>
>>162365
>>162349

Full Frontal Fire seems like the best choice. We can go for Sprint and Reflexes later.
>>
>>162372
>>162365
I'm gonna need a tiebreaker. 5 minutes sound good?
>>
Rolled 2 (1d2)

>>162378
Rolling for it then.

1: Sprint (You don't have enough EXP for Combat Reflexes atm)
2: Full Frontal Fire
>>
K I'm cool with this
>>
>Perk Unlocked: Full Frontal Fire!
>▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
>40 EXP till next level

You finally feel strong enough to move around on your own, though the wine definitely helped dull the pain, somewhat.

You quickly change into your pilot fatigues, while Stewart...

[ ]explains where you are. You were gone for a while, Sarge.
[ ]shrugs, and waits outside.
[ ]tells you what happened to Jan and the rest of your squad.
>>
>>162417
>[ ]tells you what happened to Jan and the rest of your squad.
>>
>>162422
Agreed
>>
>>162444
>>162422
He seems awfully tired, rubbing the bridge of his nose.

"We managed to find her suit under the rubble, but it was deemed unsalvageable. The plating was mostly burnt off, the servos were fried and the blackbox was crushed by the pipe that" he chokes up sightly, before powering through the next sentence. "The pipe that killed her. As for the others... Jimmy is in the same boat as you, and we don't know when he'll wake up. Crash and McAllister got reassigned to Fort Riley and nobody knows where the fuck Smith is." He is interrupted by a coughing fit, before crossing his arms and frowning.

"Slimy son of a bitch probably took the chance and bolted."

[ ]"So Red squad is just you and me?"
[ ]"Wait, you said Crash and Ernie got reassigned to Riley. Where are *we* then?"
[ ]FREE
>>
>>162475
>[ ]"Wait, you said Crash and Ernie got reassigned to Riley. Where are *we* then?"
>>
"So Red squad is just you and me?"
>>
>>162506
" 'fraid so. Just like old times."

>>162496
"Well... You'll really have to see for yourself. Come join me outside when you're ready."

>WARNING: LEAVING WILL PERMANENTLY AFFIX YOUR PERKS AND STAT POINT DISTRIBUTION

[ ]LEAVE
[ ]DO NOT
>>
>>162516
>[ ]LEAVE
>>
>>162516
>Leave
>Implying this is a choice
>>
>>162516
>leave
forgot to tick auto update, lel.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.