[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Tales of Jack Chitin

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 30

File: Smug lunar lass.png (19KB, 960x774px) Image search: [Google]
Smug lunar lass.png
19KB, 960x774px
The Tales of Jack Chitin is a dark fantasy adventure with a touch of gallows humor, in a wonderful world full of various unspeakable abominations. In this quest you will follow the ups and downs of an intriguing human fellow named Jack Chitin.

What wonders and HORRORS await us? Let's find out!

LAST TIME
We've arrived in Urno
We've met our old friend Luna Bellus
The dangerous bandit "Gat" has gained notoriety in Urno
>>
>>145167
tell her what we had to say last thread already.
>>
>>145167
Last thread
>>>118563
>>
>>145169
This.
>>
>>145169
>>145175

Of course, I check for typos a million times, yet I forget:

>Link the old thread
>Post twitter
>Announce what the last action was
>Fucking up trip password

And I'm off to a good start!

A reliable place for updates and session news here:
https://twitter.com/grubadventures

Regarding the quest, yes the last actions will apply for the next update. Also, I'll wait for a few moments so other people can gather up.

Sit back, relax, the adventure continues momentarily!
>>
File: Danger in Urno 5.png (30KB, 960x1079px) Image search: [Google]
Danger in Urno 5.png
30KB, 960x1079px
Jack Chitin
"Tell me, do you always have to be so annoyingly smug?"

Luna's smile widens a bit, then suddenly an audible smack echoed through the confessional.

Jack Chitin
"Oww... why did you do that for?", you silently whimper

Luna Bellus
"Jack Chitin! You very well know why you got that! You know about your condition yet you constantly feed it through remarks like that."

Jack Chitin
"Yeah, about that... it's not looking good. Recently it's been harder and harder to keep myself in check. I forget that even the little things can feed it. I'm sorry."

Luna Bellus
"Hmpf, you really are a screwball. Do try to be careful, will ya? So... what brings you to Urno?", said Luna while resting her elbows on the confessional window

You get up and sit back in your seat, letting out a heavy sigh.

Jack Chitin
"Eh nothing special, just doing my business as always, hunting bounty and all. How are your studies coming along?"

Luna puts up a very cheerful face and starts to talk in an enthusiastic voice.

Luna Bellus
"I've learned a lot since we last talked a couple of months ago. I've been spending a lot of time on crystallography and rejuvenation techniques, it's pretty interesting actually. Also... regarding your condition, I've been studying it and found some interesting connections. Stick in town for a day or two, I want to run some diagnostics on you when I'm done with my duties at the shrine."

You smugly raise your eyebrow.

Jack Chitin
"Diagnostics your say? So you're saying that... you want to take a peek under my clothing, hmm~?"

Luna gets up from the window and slowly raises her hand.

Jack Chitin
"AHH NO PLEASE WAIT, I WAS JOKING!..."

Another smack echoes through the confessional. You hastily open the door and run outside still yelling that it was a joke, not giving her another chance to swing.

Jack Chitin
"I really miss her... except the temper... oww..."

Please hold your actions, a short intermission scene follows shortly!
>>
File: Danger in Urno 6 - Intermission.png (61KB, 960x1633px) Image search: [Google]
Danger in Urno 6 - Intermission.png
61KB, 960x1633px
INTERMISSION SCENE

Meanwhile at the Urno Barracks

Soldier
Sir! Our scouts say that Gat is nowhere to be seen in Urno. He has possibly fled to the Province of Casius.

???
What of our contacts in Casius? Have their agents found any leads on his possible whereabouts?

Soldier
No sir, we haven't heard from Casius in a while.

???
Thank you soldier, that would be all.

The soldier salutes the general again, and leaves the office. The general clasps his hands for a moment in silence, thinking what to do next. He throws away his chair in anger and stabs his dagger into a wanted poster.

???
I will find you sooner or later... Mark my words Gat, I will be the one that pulls away your stool at the gallows, you piece of shit!

Muffled noises of various colorful swear words radiate from the barracks interior

END OF INTERMISSION SCENE
I will post the the current map and objectives in a moment, then fell free to input your actions
>>
The objectives and map

The red line strokes mean that you have visited these locations and nothing new or interesting might happen if you revisit them.

Here are a few ideas to jump start your action ideas:
>We've talked to Luna and she can possibly help us with our condition. However we need to kill some time until she is done with her Lunar Shrine duties
>We keep hearing a lot about this Gat character

Feel free to ask any questions during the quest if you need clarification or more info on some details before you want to input your action for the next scene.

So, what does Jack do next?
>>
>>145353
>go to the barracks
>>
>>145443
+1
>>
>>145443
>>145461
You guys are free to submit detailed actions if you want to.

Stuff like:
"Go to the barracks because we want to X and Y, or we need to A and B"

Or you can stick to basic actions like "go to X". Just throwing it out there so you guys know there is the possibility to do so.

I'll wait for 10 minutes to see if others want to add any actions, then I'll work on the next scene.
>>
File: Danger in Urno 8.png (11KB, 960x528px) Image search: [Google]
Danger in Urno 8.png
11KB, 960x528px
>>145443
>>145461

You arrived at the Urno Barracks. You scan the premises, and notice two possible entryways.

Jack Chitin
"Hmm, the only entryways seem to be the front gate and the two doors to the side. I could probably forcefully break the wooden doors, but that might cause too much noise. On the other hand I can't squeeze through the gate bars. There must be some way I can get inside..."
>>
File: Danger in Urno 8 - Inventory.png (55KB, 960x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Danger in Urno 8 - Inventory.png
55KB, 960x1080px
Here is the current inventory
>>
>>145549
Look for windows to sneak in
>>
>>145704

You look upwards, searching for alternative entrances. You noticed some open windows on two sides of the building. However, they are quite high, you can't reach them without using some utilities.
>>
>>145730
Use bandages as a rope
>>
File: Danger in Urno 9.png (11KB, 960x520px) Image search: [Google]
Danger in Urno 9.png
11KB, 960x520px
>>145770

You make a makeshift rope out of the spare bandages you have, then you tightly tie your hunting knife as a hook. Carefully aiming for the middle window, you successfully latch the improvised hook into the window. You test the rope by tugging it a bit.

Jack Chitin
"I hope it doesn't snap half way..."

You start climbing and slowly get to the window. The plan worked! You first look to the left and to the right to see if there are any patrolling guards. The coast is clear so you jump into the building. After some snooping you come across a building map hung on the wall.
>>
>>145883
Head to the pantry, what if they have pastries? Do you know how LONG its been since you had a Sweet Roll?
Answer: To Damn Long
>>
>>146012
Seconding this, just make sure there are no soldiers having themselves a midnight snack first.
>>
>>145883
Go to the grounds for useful stuff
>>
X-Ray scan anyone?
>>
>>146035
>>>/r/
>>
>>146035
Are you on the wrong board?
>>
File: Danger in Urno 10.png (18KB, 960x503px) Image search: [Google]
Danger in Urno 10.png
18KB, 960x503px
>>146012
>>146032
>>146033

You memorize the map and start looking around.

Jack Chitin
"Snooping around the barracks is pretty risky, but it sure beats talking to drunkards at the tavern to find out latest news in Urno."

Your stomach growls slightly, you ate half of that elk carcass a few hours ago, but you feel like having a midnight snack.

Jack Chitin
"Might as well stop by the pantry. Eh, the soldiers won't notice a few things missing anyway."

You head towards the pantry, making extra sure that no guards spot you.

???
"Snooooping aaarouund militaaaary grounds.... hmhmhm, interessssting yeeesss...."

You quickly turn around. There is nothing there. You suddenly feel weaker, you feel like something is breathing next to you. You start to sweat, the buzzing in your ears starts to amp up. SOMETHING IS NEXT TO YOU, YET YOU DON'T SEE IT.

Jack Chitin
"No... not now, fuck... not you... please... we're gonna die... if they find us..."

???
"Yeeessss, youuu feeeed meeee noowwww... Tuuurn arounndddd, Jaaaack...."

Suddenly everything stops. You turn around, and see two guards entering the hallway, drawing their bow and crossbow. Suddenly, flashing needless buzz past you, one hitting you in the chest.

Air escapes your lungs, everything starts to slow down, you can only hear your heartbeat...

Please hold your actions, a short intermission scene follows shortly!
>>
File: Danger in Urno 11.png (208KB, 960x2160px) Image search: [Google]
Danger in Urno 11.png
208KB, 960x2160px
>>146097

INTERMISSION SCENE

You fall to the ground, everything is going dark. Slowly everything fades away... A sharp voice snaps you out of it. You can only hear an excited and disturbing voice.

???
"Grow larvae, grow!"

You open your eyes, suddenly sharp pains all over your body. The appendages are starting to emerge, you feel sharp pains all over your body.

???
"Now go, and FEED ME!"

Jack Chitin
"YES, MAIM, KILL, MUTILATE!"

Part 1 of the intermission, Part 2 in the next post
>>
File: Danger in Urno 12.gif (515KB, 960x514px) Image search: [Google]
Danger in Urno 12.gif
515KB, 960x514px
>>146131

You see a red haze, everything is shaking, you can only hear a loud buzzing noise and the disturbing voice. Among the haze you notice silhouettes of humans... every blood vessel visible... every drop of blood visible...

???
"Go larvae, FEEED MEEE!"

END OF INTERMISSION SCENE

You can now input your actions again
>>
>>146165
Get out, don't feet it! take their blows if you have to but whatever you do, DON'T FEED IT!!!
>>
>>146165
FIND THE SOLDIERS
FLESH IS NEEDED
>>
>>146177
>>146178

Interesting, some anons want to feed the beast, and other don't. What will happen, is it finally time to unlock our blessing? Find out tomorrow in the next episode of "The Tales of Jack Chitin".

I'm sorry to cut you guys off on a cliffhanger, but I ran out of time for today. Thank you all for participating today, you've been a wonderful audience, it's been a lot of fun!

As always, I like to spend the last 10-20 minutes of my time sticking around to hear what you guys think of the quest so far, the stuff you liked, the stuff you think needs improvement etc., you know the drill. Just leave me a comment or two if you feel like it.

I will post news on the session schedule for tomorrow here:
>>
>>146260
FEED IT
>>
>>146262
NO, DONT
>>
>>146165
BZZZZZZZZZZZT
>>
The adventure will continue momentarily

I've took the last few actions, and I'll post the next scene in a couple of moments
>>
File: Danger in Urno 13.gif (1MB, 960x2160px) Image search: [Google]
Danger in Urno 13.gif
1MB, 960x2160px
>>146177
>>146178
>>146262
>>146355
>>146361

You still have a shred of your conciousness left, however the urge to destroy the soldiers is too much for you to resist.

Soldier
"Sound the alarm, get the genera..."

You lunge at the soldiers. Limbs and flesh fragments fly in bloody arcs, as blood-curdling screams echo through the barracks. Clouds of corrosive acid engulf the soldiers, sending them running in panic. Those that get the chance to retaliate, have no chance against your thick chitin armor.

Jack Chitin
"WEAK FLESH PILES, FACE ME!"

Do you continue your rampage or do you try to resist the urge with the active remains of your conciousness?
>>
>>149407
Get something pregnant.
>>
>>149461
By "pregnant", you mean mutilate and kill everything in sight, right?
>>
>>149494
No, find a female soldier if you can and have your way with her. Don´t hurt her though, resist the bug
>>
File: Dangers in Urno 14.webm (109KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
Dangers in Urno 14.webm
109KB, 960x540px
>>149461
>>149576

The rampage continues. Searching for other victims in the barracks, you come to the realization that you have killed 9 Urno soldiers so far. You try to struggle the power away from the voice, but it holds a firm grasp on your mind. You notice a female servant, taking and preping one of the dead soldier's crossbow. You lunge unto her.

For a moment a image of Luna flashes in front of your eyes.

Jack Chitin
"No... this is wrong... what would she think of me... if she saw me doing this..."

???
"Stop resisting larvae, you know how these people treat you, so why do you resist? Go to the front gate, open it and let's spread chaos and bloodshed among the villagers? Sounds fun, right?"

You throw the woman away, and grab one of your chitinous appendages that is reaching for the gate.

???
"You try to defy my will? Foolish flesh pile!"

As you continue to struggle against the voice, you pick up a heartbeat getting closer to your position. However, there is something strange about it. You sense that the arriving human emanates some sort of aura, the closer he gets the more pain you feel.

As you sight the silhouette in the distance, you run towards it, ready to claim some more blood. However, you start to slow down, you feel heavy and out of breath. Looking towards your legs you notice giant shackles radiating a golden light.

The human stretches out his hand, a symbol starts forming in front of him. Suddenly, the whole courtyard flashes in bright light. You fall to the ground in extreme pain.

The human is standing above you, and with a swift kick everything goes dark.

I will post the continuation of the scene soon
>>
>>149682
graet thread
>>
File: Danger in Urno 15.png (18KB, 960x1044px) Image search: [Google]
Danger in Urno 15.png
18KB, 960x1044px
>>149682

You open your eyes to meet a cold and dirty floor. Slowly pulling yourself up, you notice that you've returned to your normal state. Every muscle in your body hurts however, and even the slightest movement causes great pain.

You are at, what you assume, the barracks prison cells. The last thing you remember was you lost control yet again, until some knight stopped you.

Suddenly you hear the hall door opening, a figure shows up in front of your cell bars.

Jack Chitin
"Huh, speaking of the devil..."

???
"You're awake... good. So, how did it feel killing 9 of my men?"

Jack Chitin
"Excuse me?", you ask in confusion

???
"I know you didn't kill them because you wanted to, but still. I know about you Buzzers. On one hand you contribute to society, you have valuable skills to hunt down the bugs..."

The general pauses, and draws his sword.

???
"...on the other however, you are a ticking time bomb that can blow at any moment."

You grasp your bandages. It's been a long time since someone called you a Buzzer. Mostly because you stay away from other humans as much as possible. That single word recalls some very unpleasant memories from the past.

???
"Look child, I have nothing against your kind, you are still human in my book. However, I can't let you go with the accusations you have on your head. Breaking into restricted military grounds, manslaughter..."

The general puts back the sword into his scabbard, and slowly starts walking towards the hall door.

???
"Your execution is scheduled for tomorrow at the town gallows. Death by hanging. May the light have mercy on your soul."

The general closes the door, leaving you in the darkness of your cell.

Posting updated inventory in a few minutes
>>
File: Danger in Urno 15 - Inventory.png (59KB, 960x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Danger in Urno 15 - Inventory.png
59KB, 960x1080px
>>149988

Updated inventory

So, we are at very low health and stamina. Now we know about our "transformation" percentage.

All our weapons have been confiscated, however we have unlocked our magic abilities, which we can finally use when we are at good physical condition. Always remember that things can go south really fast if we aren't careful though.

How can we get out of this mess?
>>
>>150017
Pretend you're a murderbug. Just like in your children shows and comics, like the ones youve had experience with.
>>
>>150034
Anon this is a medieval fantasy settings, there is no TV/comics
The horror, I know

But seriously, what now?
>>
>>150054
Analize damage and the circunstances you can use your power, break the exterior wall and scape if possible
>>
>>150017
Eat all the food in your inventory
>>
File: Danger in Urno 16.png (24KB, 960x525px) Image search: [Google]
Danger in Urno 16.png
24KB, 960x525px
>>150070
>>150166

Sorry for the late update, I wanted to make this scene important

Literally everything hurts. Your body is slowly trying to adjust to your old metabolism. You eat the food you have in your inventory, which increases your health and stamina for a bit, but it doesn't give you the needed energy to break out. You haven't slept in a while and you feel drained, not to mention all the strain the transformation put on your body.

Slowly you fall into slumber. Just for a hour or two, you need to catch up some energy if you want to bust out of the prison cell, because there is no way you're getting hanged tomorrow. You close your eyes and try to catch some rest.

[...]

Luna Bellus
"Psst... Psst!... WAKE UP, BLOCKHEAD!"

A loud noise wakes you up from your short nap. As you lift your head up you see a hand waving from the cell window.

Jack Chitin
"Luna!"

Luna Bellus
"How did I know that you'll end up here? It's a mystery for sure. So... what did you do now?", said Luna with a vein pulsating on her forehead

Jack Chitin
"W-Well, you see ahehe... I-I-I-I was just trying to get a midnight snack, that's all... haha."

Luna Bellus
"And you were searching for a snack at restricted military grounds?"

At this point you're not sure what would make a tighter squeeze around your neck, the gallows rope or when Luna gets her hands on you.

Jack Chitin
"I was trying to get some info on what's going on in Urno, maybe get another bounty job. The... the isolation is hard sometimes, you know? Alone in that forest for months... I...", you say in a sad tone

Luna loosens her grip on the window bars, as she continues to listen to you

Jack Chitin
"You know... I mean, you are my ONLY friend. I really appreciate the fact that you even want to talk to me... for whatever crazy reason you may have, I still don't understand it, but thank you."

Luna continues to listen, slowly her anger turning into sadness. You turn your head from Luna and look at the ground.

Jack Chitin
"Maybe... maybe I... I'm an abomination, a Buzzer. I can't control it, sooner or later it finds a weakness and... I don't want to ever see you getting hurt because of me. Maybe death is my only salvation... You don't deserve a friend like that..."

Luna Bellus
"Jack, you idiot!"

Jack Chitin
"Yeah I know... I'm sorr..."

You turn your head towards Luna again, only to see tears rolling down her eyes.

Luna Bellus
"Don't you ever say that again, you idiot! You were the only one that didn't treat me like a possession, like a betting chip to get to a higher nobility rank. My own parents... ", said Luna as she wipes away her tears

Jack Chitin
"Hey... Remember months ago, how we joked that we could just leave Urno and leave everything behind?"

You smile.

Jack Chitin
"So... What do you say?"
>>
>>150403
Maybe you can break the door of that old cell
>>
And sadly my time is up for today. It seems that most of the time I end on a cliffhanger for some reason.

Anyway, once again I would like to thank everybody for participating, and I hope to see you guys tomorrow as well. You can check for any news on the twitter, I'll post a notice here as well. I need to spruce up the inventory screen, it's pretty ugly and the stats are somewhat useless in the given context I want to rework the whole system and maybe throw in some stuff I'm working on.

Also since it's pretty obvious that we're getting a new party member

So yeah, fun and interesting things are coming up in the future. As always, if you feel like it, leave a comment or two on what you hate or like about the quest, I just want to see if I'm working in a style that people generally enjoy.

Have a good one, I'll see you guys tomorrow
>>
Sadly I won't be able to run a session today due to some business I have to attend to. However, I will have a lot of free time tomorrow and the weekend, so during this time I will start 1-2 hour earlier to make up for not being able to do so today.

To leave off on a good note, here is something to look froward to for tomorrow:

I've reworked the character sheets and inventory system. Not only do they look more pretty now, each character will feature their own unique "mechanic" that will make playing through them more interesting.

Once again I apologize for the late announcement.
>>
Will be waiting
>>
>>154668

Thanks anon, I really appreciate your patience and sticking around. It's really motivating for me to see people interested in the quest, so thanks!

Also, the adventure will continue in around 1 hour and 30 minutes
>>
The adventure continues momentarily!

Sit back and relax. I took the last actions in account and will post the next scene soon
>>
File: Danger in Urno 17.png (44KB, 960x1617px) Image search: [Google]
Danger in Urno 17.png
44KB, 960x1617px
>>150417

You start looking for a way to break out of your prison cell.

Jack Chitin
"I could break these iron bars with some corrosive acid..."

Luna Bellus
"...OR I can show you what I've learned over the past few months.", said Luna in a confident tone

Suddenly a beam of energy started cutting through the iron bars. After a few minutes, all the bars fell off the cell window and you easily snuck out of your cage. When you got up from the ground, you noticed Luna greeting you with a charming smile. Her beautiful face illuminated by the moonlight caught you off guard for a moment. Her voice snaps you out of it.

Luna Bellus
"Jack, you ok?"

Jack Chitin
"Ahem, yeah... thank you. So, now that I'm a fugitive and you're my accomplice from the looks of it, I guess we're on the run."

Luna Bellus
"I still want to run that check up on you, however that would be difficult to do in the Urno shrine. However, there is another Lunar shrine in the neighbouring province of Casius."

Jack Chitin
"Yeah, I know of the place. The fastest way to there would be through the swamps. If the guards want to chase us down, the swamps should slow them down."

Even though it's more dangerous, you both agree that it's the best shot you got, and with that you depart for Casius.

New party member acquired! I will post the new inventories in a moment, along with a short explanation of the new features
>>
File: Inventory-Jack.png (74KB, 1080x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Inventory-Jack.png
74KB, 1080x1200px
>>158771

Stats
Stats now have a better representation rather than numbers. The max stats of the most powerful creature in the world would be 10 bars in the meter. The stats represent the chance of successful actions in that field.

Inventory
Now has a "tetris" look with info bellow, mostly for fanciness.

Character mechanics
I wanted for each of the characters to have a unique mechanic that accompanies their skills. For Jack it would be his "werebug" powers. Details are above his skill descriptions.
>>
File: Inventory-Luna.png (82KB, 1080x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Inventory-Luna.png
82KB, 1080x1200px
>>158799
Also for Luna. I will stitch these two together in the future so I don't have to post two times.

Map and next scene in a moment, then you guys can input your actions for further scenes
>>
>>158807

Our party is going towards the swamps, and with that trying to escape to the neighbouring province of Casius.

Swap scene in the next post, momentarily
>>
File: Swamps1.png (35KB, 960x1067px) Image search: [Google]
Swamps1.png
35KB, 960x1067px
>>158822

Damp soil, a putrid smell and lush vegetation as far as the eye can see. Yup this is it, the Urno Swamps. After a few minutes of marching, the damp soil slowly starts turning into mud to the point where it met the swamp waters.

Luna Bellus
"Ahem, Jack. I think we have a problem."

Jack Chitin
"What's the matter?"

Luna points to the swamp waters and in a pompous tone starts explaining the problem at hand.

Luna Bellus
"You are aware that I'm a Lunar priestess, right? I need to keep that status up in appearance as well."

Jack Chitin
"Ok...", you say in confusion, not really sure what she's talking about.

[...]

Luna Bellus
"Ahh, this is much better, I should have though of this earlier."

Jack Chitin
"I'm glad you're having fun...", you say in an annoyed tone

Possible actions:
>Ask Luna about her studies some more
>Scout for some landmarks
>Write-in (Explain your own custom action)
>>
Neat quest you got here OP. Think I'll join in.
>>158874
>Ask Luna about her studies some more
Let's find out some more about our smug friend.
>>
>>158885
Thanks for giving the quest a chance, I hope you have fun!

I'll wait a few more moments to see if others want to chip in their actions, and based on what we get by then I'll work on the next scene momentarily.
>>
File: Swamps2.png (11KB, 960x516px) Image search: [Google]
Swamps2.png
11KB, 960x516px
>>158885

Jack Chitin
"So... I know that we haven't talked in months and the conversation in the shrine was brief, but you didn't seem quite happy at the shrine, no?"

Luna lets out a sad sigh.

Luna Bellus
"It wasn't THAT bad. Don't get me wrong, I didn't quite like the solitary lifestyle, but I learned a lot of interesting concepts about Lunar magic. Stuff like manipulating Lunar light and turning it into crystals, then using those crystal for all sorts of spells and rituals. The water manipulation books were also quite interesting, turning ordinary water into healing water. That reminds me, I've spent quite some time studying your condition, you wanna know more?"

Jack Chitin
"Do you even have to ask?"

Luna Bellus
"If I recall correctly, you were bitten by one of those Forest Grubs as a adolescent, right? Most people would drop dead from the poisonous fangs, however you survived..."

Jack Chitin
"... and now I'm cursed. Yeah, I survived, but I constantly have to fight an unknown voice that tells me to feed it."

Luna Bellus
"That's the mysterious part, I've noticed a link between the Forest Grubs and demonology. In other words, I'm not sure if it has roots in lycanthropy or demonology..."

Luna went silent for a moment.

Jack Chitin
"Luna?"

Luna Bellus
"Tell me something, how often does the voice appear? Does something worse happen?"

The memories of the barracks slaughter invade your mind, you start thinking to yourself.

Jack Chitin
[She doesn't know yet. How am I going to tell her? Can I even tell her? What will she think of me?]

Possible actions:
>Tell her about what happened at the barracks
>Think of a lie, you're scared of how she might react
>>
>>159082
>Tell her about what happened at the barracks
I feel like lying now is going to come back to bite us later. We need someone we can trust.
>>
File: Swamps3.png (14KB, 960x516px) Image search: [Google]
Swamps3.png
14KB, 960x516px
>>159106

You hesitate, you don't to open that can of worms, but you feel like lying to your best friend... only friend, would return to bite your ass in the future. However, you'll try to tone down on the scenes of bloodbath.

Jack Chitin
"Look Luna, I don't want to lie to you, you're my best and only friend..."

Luna Bellus
"What's the matter Jack?"

Jack Chitin
"I wasn't looking for a snack in the barracks."

Luna Bellus
"Noo... you don't say?", says Luna in a sarcastic tone and letting out a giggle

Jack Chitin
"Well truth be told, I was looking for a snack, but the reason I wound up in the cell wasn't because I broke into the barracks. I... I occasionally lose control... and then the voice takes over. The result? It doesn't look pretty. I... killed some people, NO, I mean I didn't do it myself, I lost control of my body..."

You're nervously waiting for a reaction from Luna, but you only meet silence. You audibly gulp, thinking of what she'll say.

Jack Chitin
"Luna... please say something..."

Luna Bellus
"I understand, Jack. It's not your fault, none of this is your fault, you never asked for those voices. Somehow... I can relate, I know how it feels to be controlled by others. Thank you for being honest with me, Jack."

You feel a huge burden falling off your shoulders, you're glad that she didn't freak out. Maybe you're underrating the connection and friendship you have. You close your eyes for a moment, enjoying the fact that you have someone like Luna covering your back.

Luna Bellus
"UH JACK?! WHAT IS THAT THING?!"

Looks like your moment of bliss has to wait. You notice a small birdlike humanoid on stilts looking at you. You know about these, you've met them before.

Jack Chitin
"Calm down, it's just a Swamp Walker. They're aren't hostile... most of the time."

You clear your throat and start talking in a louder tone.

Jack Chitin
"Greetings noble Swamp Walker, we just want to pass, we have no business with you."

The Swamp Walker starts to talk in a deep and raspy voice.

Swamp Walker
"Greeting travellers. I have no quarrel with you as well, however, if you would like to do business, I am available to do so. I have to deliver this pouch of Deathroot powder to my fellow Walkers in Casius. The problem is that I have more urgent matters to attend to and I don't want to have any bad blood between my fellow Walkers. You will be rewarded for your efforts."

Possible actions:
>Accept the offer
>Decline the offer
>>
>>159202
Well, we certainly could use the reward. I'm always for sidequests. Let's ask either Luna or the Swamp Walker what Deathpowder root is before we accept though.
>>
>>159202
>Accept the offer
>>
File: Swamps4.png (16KB, 960x515px) Image search: [Google]
Swamps4.png
16KB, 960x515px
>>159222
>>159292

Jack Chitin
"We will help you Swamp Walker."

You feel a slight pinch in your shoulder. You think of only one possible suspect.

Luna Bellus
"Uhm Jack, are you sure we should trust this guy?", she tries to whisper to you

Jack Chitin
"We can use some extra gold, might as well rent a place in Casius for a few days, it's better than sleeping on the ground. Also Deathroot is a powder used in medicine, I had the chance to collect the roots myself once as a job in Urno."

You shift your attention towards the Swamp Walker.

Jack Chitin
"Alright Swamp Walker, we have a deal. You can hand over the pouch to my lovely assistant up here."

Luna lightly slaps your head. It was worth it.

Luna Bellus
"Assistant, eh?", she said slightly annoyed

Suddenly the Swamp Walker raises his stilt, it emanates a putrid smell of all the scum it picks up, puts the pouch on it and gives it to Luna. You're used to the smell...

Luna Bellus
"Eww... gross..."

...but looks like your lovely assistant isn't.

Swamp Walker
"Much appreciated travellers. Now if you would excuse me, I have to continue my journey. Farewell."

Potential actions:
>Continue your journey by walking in the same direction
>Convince Luna to pick some additional medical ingredients from the branches if you find any during your way
>>
Taking a 20 minute break, I will be back shortly
>>
>>159363
>Continue your journey by walking in the same direction
As nice as medicine is I'd rather not stick around in the swamp for too long.
>>
File: Casius 1 - Map.gif (13KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
Casius 1 - Map.gif
13KB, 960x540px
>>159419

You decide to pick up the pace, you've spent a good amount of time hunting in swamps yourself, and you know that things can turn sour pretty fast.

Surprisingly you haven't run into any trouble so far. You've noticed that the water levels are slowly dropping as you continue further.

Jack Chitin
"It looks like we are leaving the swamps, that's a relief."

You've notice a road in the distance, this might as well lead to the town. A hour of walking later and you've arrived at the gates of Casius.

Posting a detailed map of the town in a moment
>>
File: Casius 1 - Town Map.png (17KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
Casius 1 - Town Map.png
17KB, 960x540px
>>159577

The Town of Casius

You can now choose a location and an action you want to do there:
>Go collect your reward at the Walker Guild
>Rest at the tavern
>Shop at the market
>Check out at the town square
>>
>>159614
>Go collect your reward at the Walker Guild
First thing's first, let's get some more money. We'll need to do some restocking.
>>
File: Casius 1.png (10KB, 960x513px) Image search: [Google]
Casius 1.png
10KB, 960x513px
>>159650

After some first impressions, the town looks in pretty good shape, far better than Urno anyway.

Jack Chitin
"Alright Luna, let's go get our reward from the Walkers, then we might buy some stuff from the market, I urgently need a weapon other than my powers, the guards confiscated my throwing knie..."

You turn to finish the sentence, but Luna's a few meters away from you in the distance, looking at a sign.

She averts her gaze from the sign to you, and yells

Luna Bellus
"Hey Jack, come over here, what's this sign talking about?"

You let out a sigh and go find out what she's yelling about.

Luna Bellus
"Look at this, who's this Gat character?", she said pointing at the sign

Jack Chitin
"Huh, they finally captured him, eh? Looks like even the notorious Gat fell.... oh man, I knew I should have bet at the tavern in Urno that the fuzz will get him this month..."

Luna Bellus
"Come on Jack, stop joking, who's Gat anyway?"

Jack Chitin
"It's a mystery actually, there are rumors and legends about him. Most people that have met him and lived to tell the tale, say that he's some sort of powerful monstrosity capable of all sorts of crimes like theft, murder, terrorism, and even... ahem, causing affairs with the wives of nobles. They probably caught him red handed haha."

Luna Bellus
"Sounds like an awful person"

Jack Chitin
"Yeah, sure does. We can check out the execution later, I'm really interested to see who he actually is, but it's still morning and the execution is at noon. So, as I was saying earlier, we need to collect our reward at the Walker Guild. Then lets get some rest. I don't know about you, but I'm pretty exhausted. So let's go."

Continuation tomorrow
>>
Sadly my time for today is up. A bit thank you to the anons that participate and follow the adventure, I hope you find it interesting.

As always, if you feel like it, leave a comment or two on what you hate or like about the quest as a whole or the current session, just for curiosity sake and to improve in the future.
>>
>>159788
A big thank you*

Damn typos, anyway, I hope you guys enjoyed the session today and decide join the adventure tomorrow around the same time. You can find further info and news on sessions here:

>>
>>159788
>>159804
I've been finding it pretty enjoyable so far. I particularly enjoy the bantering between Jack and Luna! I'm hoping that we'll be able to meet more (potential) party members shortly.

The only real concern I have is the lack of players we have so far. I don't have much of an answer for finding more though. Hopefully the new thread will draw in new blood.
>>
>>159821
>I've been finding it pretty enjoyable so far. I particularly enjoy the bantering between Jack and Luna!
Thanks, I really try to make their interaction as fun as possible.

>I'm hoping that we'll be able to meet more (potential) party members shortly
You might get your wish soon enough

>The only real concern I have is the lack of players we have so far. I don't have much of an answer for finding more though.
Yeah, I'm wondering that myself. I don't know why though, I mean maybe the dark fantasy theme isn't really popular compared to the more comic quests, I dunno. My ideal goal would be to have 5-10 recurring players, it wouldn't make the threads too crowded and we would have more people which would make things more interesting. We'll see, I hope we get more players with the next thread like you said.

Anyway, I'm glad you found the quest interesting, and I hope you join for future sessions. It's always nice to have good quality players.
>>
>>159889
>You might get your wish soon enough
I knew all of this foreshadowing was leading to something good!

Anyway, have you considered creating a more extensive summary? It might help entice more players to the quest by allowing them to catch up easier.
>>
>>159996

>I knew all of this foreshadowing was leading to something good!
Personally I really love spending a lot of time thinking about world building and leaving little bits that foreshadow stuff in the future for people that like that. I believe the things that make quests really memorable are little details like that.

>Anyway, have you considered creating a more extensive summary?
I was thinking about doing something like this. On a side note, I'm planing to archive all the scenes and text on some free hosting service like imgur gallery or tumblr for people that want an in-depth approach. Also as you said, maybe a extensive summary could hook more players.

I know that a major hurdle for players is jumping in a quest that's running for some time. Most of the time people don't feel like reading a hundred or so posts to catch up, so I think that a extensive summary might help a lot.

So far for the next thread I will probably start doing a template for the opening post like:
>Links to twitter and the archives
>Extensive summary in some form
>A few short notations on what can people expect from the quest and how it works

Anway, that's it for me for today, I'll post a notice a few hours in advance tomorrow on the twitter, and in the thread if it doesn't 404 by tomorrow
>>
File: Sir Reginald Walker III.png (53KB, 700x568px) Image search: [Google]
Sir Reginald Walker III.png
53KB, 700x568px
>>160062
I just caught up on the quest a little while ago. I like it so far. I'll have to stop in later when you're actually running it.

>maybe a extensive summary could hook more players
I got you fampai.

Character summary
>We are Jack Chitin. We hunt bugs. We are also possessed by an evil demon bug that occasionally makes us murder an entire barracks full of people. Most people don't seem to like that.

>Our good friend is Luna Bellus, Lunar Priest of smugness. Also moon lasers. She doesn't hate us and is trying to find a way to make us less murdery. She's also some sort of royalty, I guess?

Plot summary
>we killed a giant Forest Grub
>ate an entire half an elk
>went to Urno
>pretended to be a leper to get into the Lunar Shrine and talk to Luna
>found out she had some info on our condition
>got told to stay out of trouble until she was off duty
>disregarded that completely and broke into a barracks
>heard bug voices that told us to murder everyone
>murdered everyone
>got our ass kicked by some sort of paladin
>wound up in jail
>had some tearful character development with Luna
>busted out of jail with Luna's Moon Lasers
>got the fuck out of Urno
>met a very well-spoken bird-stilt-man in a swamp
>agreed to deliver some medicinal ingredients for him
>arrived in Casius
>casually joked about a man's impending execution

And that's the story so far!

Feel free to completely disregard this summary and write your own.
>>
File: Demon Bug's Seal of Approval.png (10KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Demon Bug's Seal of Approval.png
10KB, 500x500px
>>161827
This post is 100% neat, have a seal of approval.

As a matter of fact I will use this by the letter, maybe some formatting here and there, but the summary is really charming, I absolutely love it.

Thanks for the picture and post anon, gave me a good laugh.

>I just caught up on the quest a little while ago. I like it so far.
I'm glad you find it interesting, I hope you get the chance to stop by when it's live.

Speaking of which, the adventure continues in a few hours, I will post the exact time on the twitter and here. Also since this thread is auto-saging, I will link the new one here as well.
>>
New to the thread but decided to read entire thread.
Notbad.jpg
I'm joining in on this action bois.
Expecting great things from you guys.
>>
>>162507
Thanks for joining, and I hope you enjoy your stay.

The adventure continues in a few moments, making a new thread, will link it here.
>>
Cool
>>
>>162527
Here's the new thread boys, the adventure beings momentarily.
Thread posts: 83
Thread images: 30

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.