[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to get (you) back

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 98
Thread images: 8

File: (you).png (11KB, 549x364px) Image search: [Google]
(you).png
11KB, 549x364px
Add this to your custom CSS under the miscellaneous menu of the settings in the upper right corner.

>a.quotelink.ql-tracked:after {
content: " (You)";
}

without the > of course
You'll need to be in a thread when doing this, it won't work from the catalog page.
>>
>>914853
The formatting was a bit messed up there.

The complete line is

a.quotelink.ql-tracked:after {
content: " (You)";
}
>>
>>914853
ty
>>
>>914853
no its actually

html {
display: none;
}
>>
>>914853
Thanks famalam
Now I can go back to some decent board instead of raging at you cunts for shitting up 4chan.
>>
(you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you)
(you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you)
(you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you)
(you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you)
(you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you)
(you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you)
(you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you)
>>
>>914853
Thank (You)
>>
>>914853
Confirmed working. Mods please sticky this.
>>
>>914853
And that's perfectly fine. You're adding a feature that you enjoyed back to 4chan, and nobody's going to stop you from doing that - what its removal means is that the average newfag won't be able to enjoy some dumb (You) meme while making posts devoid of any content. Those (You) images are all useless now as well. Everyone wins.
>>
Is it a new meme to pretend that (You) disappeared?
>>
>>915215
The majority of people came here from >>>/r/The_Donald so they don't even know you can play with userscripts to customize sites.
>>
>>915215
(You)'s were removed from the native extension.
Turns out people actually use it.
>>
>>915224
>>>/r/the_donald
>>
>>915224
>>915229
Oh, ok. I use the big x and my (You)s are still here. :^)
>>
Testing to see if this works
>>
>>915241
Test
>>
>>915238
Everyone who isn't retarded does.
But it looks like there's a lot of retards in here.
>>
test
>>
>>915238
>wanthing to reset your settings every time hiro sneezes
>downloading a botnet
because i know you still have them installed here's your (you)
>>
>>915292
>>
testing
>>
Nice work, that feel when you can meme yourself
>>
>>915391
>>
The only problem is that this looks fine visually, but still doesn't make your post detectable via ctrl+f.
>>
File: 1a1a1.png (11KB, 701x245px) Image search: [Google]
1a1a1.png
11KB, 701x245px
>>915401
>The only problem is that this looks fine visually, but still doesn't make your post detectable via ctrl+f.
I was unaware of this, there is no way to fix that with custom CSS I take it?
>>
>>915413
Don't think so.
>>
>>915177
Everyone is keeping the (you) images, and they will probably keep getting posted, you complete fucking moron.

No one truly wins. We have to change it every time we go to a board. Meanwhile the people who haven't done this simply get their shit pushed in because the replies are harder to see.

There is nothing good about this move. Nothing. No logic whatsoever.

Just autists being triggered over autistic memes.
>>
testing, give me a you
>>
>>915427
le
>>
>>915238
>>915252
No idea what you are talking about.

Care you fill me in?

I just used the code provided by some Aussie bloke on /pol/.
>>
Test.
>>
>>915437
REEEEEE
>>
>>915438
Problem?
>>
>>915434
>/pol/lack is a filthy newfaggot
YOU CAN'T MAKE THIS SHIT UP
>>
>>915456
Nope work fine
>>
>>915457
Okay.

You can make this shit up. In fact it's probably a running joke.

So are you going to shower me with your autism or are you going to be a decent guy and help me out?
>>
>>915461
Nice. Good to hear.
>>
File: 1368500396348.jpg (23KB, 400x302px) Image search: [Google]
1368500396348.jpg
23KB, 400x302px
>>915464
>are you going to be a decent guy and help me out
>>
>>915470
>Le edgy 4chan stronkman

After five years, I'm here to stay faggot. Your sad in group mentality won't keep the even newer faggots away.

>mootposting

He's dead. Join him.
>>
>>915252
>>915224
>>915229
Why would you use an extension nowadays?

All the useful stuff was added in the native extension, such as the thread watcher, the hide button, the quick reply box, the ability to filter and the youtube embedder.

Extensions were very, extremely useful a decade ago. DamageInc was a godsend. But I don't see the point of using one these days.
>>
>>915490
>Filter

Can I filter Canadian posters?
>>
File: 1436282994975.gif (3MB, 355x201px) Image search: [Google]
1436282994975.gif
3MB, 355x201px
>>915480
>five years on fourchinz
>never heard of x
You're even more pathetic than I though
>>
What's the CSS to remove hats?
>>
>>915480
Five years here and you still don't know what "LURK MORE" means?

>>915494
I don't know? I don't browse neither /pol/, /sp/ or /int/.
>>
File: 1438524194799.jpg (22KB, 551x480px) Image search: [Google]
1438524194799.jpg
22KB, 551x480px
>>915498
Damn. If I'm not accepted by autistic weeaboos on a Kazakhstai faxing enthusiast website, then what will become of me?
>>
>>915480
>After five years
lol sure, buddy we believe you
>>
>>915515
It's not about acceptance, you're just more retarded than an average weeb posting smug anime girls.
Nothing personal, kid.
>>
>>915507

.party-hat{
display:none;
}
>>
>>915510
>I don't know? I don't browse neither /pol/, /sp/ or /int/.
Bugger. I've hear buzz that it was used to block Australian back when they were the menace. Bullshit as expected.

>Five years here and you still don't know what "LURK MORE" means?
After five years I'm used to being able to casually ask questions and have them answered. I haven't been told to lurk in a long time, and I've never heard talk of "x" that isn't related to the board of the same name.

Although this feels like the kind of thing the kiddies on the left side of the catalog catch "newfags" on during their masturbation session.
>>
>>915523
>Retarded for not knowing the workings of this shitty site

Huh. I can always trust the pinnacles of wisdom on this site to make e a value judgement applicable to the real world.

>>915517
If I were lying, I'd go for a bigger number. Sadly, your approval is not a nectar too tantalizing for me to remain honest.
>>
>>915530
>Huh. I can always trust the pinnacles of wisdom on this site to make e a value judgement applicable to the real world.
>lelelel ur a loser
spoken like a true newfag from facebook
>>
For maximum weeb mode:

.ql-tracked:after {
content:" (お前)"
}
>>
>>915525
The problem with the party hats isn't that they're annoying as fuck for still being up (I could just block the image), it's that they fuck up thread expansion when you're reading from an index page.
>>
>>915564
>not お主
Pleb.
>>
>>915559
The curx of the insult was you being a moron, actually. When your repose has been for so many years consists of you compressing your opposition's post to an average caricature, I'm not at all surprised you aren't saying anything of merit.

I thought oldfags were supposed to be really good at dank jokes xD

Nah but seriously, kill yourself, you fucking moron. 100 years on this site hasn't lost you any weight or made you less of a groid.

Later, mang.
>>
>>915293
Why would I ever have to reset my settings?

>>915490
It's not as customisable and has the dumb incremental thread updater.
>>
>>915572
I'm not that far gone into the weebs.
Though I suppose ご主人様 would be even better.
The point is that AnHiro has given us a powerful new way to customize our (You)s.
>>
>>915576
>>915530
>butchering all of these words
>still mad he didn't get help despite his claims of being here for so long (you'd think by now he realize...)
>not just ignoring the anon
man, everything you say is cringe. even worse you're trying so hard to pretend to be someone you're not.
>>
File: 1481906214001.jpg (3MB, 3600x2400px) Image search: [Google]
1481906214001.jpg
3MB, 3600x2400px
>>915576
I didn't have to say anything of merit because I'm not your nanny that will teach you something as elementary as looking for things on the internet. Stay mad fagkaiser.
>>
>>914853
It's not the same. You can't mark or copy the text. In fact, it's as if the text doesn't even show up at all. Can't even find it with a ctrl+f search.
>>
>>915596
>has the dumb incremental thread updater
The updater consumes server resources, you know. 4chan has thousands of users. If everyone had a 10 second updater, 4chan would basically ddos itself. That's why it increments, to not slow down the site.

And what do you mean by not as customisable? I mean, you can also use custom CSS in the native extension.
>>
>>914853
>implying this is okay
>bootleg (you)s
Nah, we will get (you)s back.
>>
Up1
>>
>>915660
Down1
>>
Can't tell if this is a good or bad change, the least he could do was at least make the new you more visible, like a blue or white line or green line
>>
>>915678
Let's see how bad is it
>>
someone reply plis
>>
>>915678
>the least he could do...
...was not listen to a handful of qaeers who DO NOT REPRESENT the 4chan community AT ALL and announce and beta-test this shit.
>>
>>915685
meep
>>
>>915678
Inb4 he makes (you)'s a pass only feature.
>>
File: 1481424116395.png (60KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
1481424116395.png
60KB, 900x600px
>>915649
4chan x just has more settings in general and it also lets you add more sites for the reverse image search function and choose how it handles different files etc. and as far as I know this is something the native extension doesn't allow.
>>
Here's some CSS for people who want a bit more visibility in their (You)s: replace the dots with a dark teal double-underline, and a slight left indent (also underlined). If you know anything about CSS borders, the underline shouldn't be hard to customize.

a.quotelink.ql-tracked {
padding-left: 1ex; border-bottom: 3px double #066;
}
>>
>>915735
Why not just removing the dotted underline?
>>
>test
>>
>>915764
test
>>
>>915769
>>
>>915735
>>914853

How to make the (You) searchable text? The (You) is visible, but only to me, not to the browser. I can't select it, copy-paste it, or find it with Ctrl+F
>>
>>914853
>Being this desperate for (you)'s
>He wants to keep the (you) meme
One step closer to old 4chan, if only we could get rid of "le bait XDDD"
>>
>>915694
I see. I find it useless, but whatever.
>>
>>915797
Just get rid of those stupid adds if it meant to be like the old 4chan
>>
>>915797
Let's also get rid of quick reply to make it closer to the old 4chan right?
>>
>>915877
>>915797
Lets get rid of captcha too
>>
Test
>>
testing
>>
>>915886
>>
>>915892
>>
test
>>
>>915687
boop
>>
File: 1465566167335.jpg (60KB, 195x293px) Image search: [Google]
1465566167335.jpg
60KB, 195x293px
>>915877
More effort to make a post only means the underaged retards will give up halfway because it's not worth it ("I won't get enough (you)'s or answers") if only 4chan was more feared like back in the day it would be perfect
>>
>>915930
>t. came here in september 2016 from ifunny.com
>>
>>915937
>I came from Reddit and found out about /qa/ due to some retard attempting a raid
Get out of here newshit, you don't even know how to use the meme arrows
>>
Still getting yous on 4chanx
>>
Mobilefag test
>>
>>916016
Test reply
>>
>>915750
>Why not just removing the dotted underline?
Remove the underline completely:

a.quotelink.ql-tracked {
border: 0;
}

Return to normal underline:

a.quotelink.ql-tracked {
border: 0;
text-decoration:underline;
}

>>915783
>How to make the (You) searchable text?
I can't do that with CSS alone. Sorry.
>>
>>915961
>t. posts /r/4chan
>>
>>916016
>>916024
We already have a thread for testing you turbo autist
>>908144
>>
>>914853
Dont do it people!
It makes mustard gas!
Thread posts: 98
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.