[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why are /a/ users so rude

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 9

File: 1481004266810.png (179KB, 540x685px) Image search: [Google]
1481004266810.png
179KB, 540x685px
why are /a/ users so rude
>>
>>872571
Kill yourself.
>>
A lot of anime is designed to make even the dumbest viewer feel very intelligent.
>>
>>872609
Go on, explain your reasoning.
>>
>>872610
Aimless implied depth, loose ends, and predictable plots tend to do that.
>>
>>872619
Oh, I forgot to mention that darker themes and gratuitous and immature "mature" content lend a helping hand as well.
>>
>>872609
That's 98% of all entertainment mediums anon.
>>
>>872627
Wrong. Music doesn't do that, movies don't try to do that since they're mostly mindless action, and reading (non-fiction) certainly doesn't. Video games and anime are for the weak.
>>
>>872630
>Music doesn't do that, movies don't try to do that since they're mostly mindless action
Both of these are wrong, especially about movies and non-fiction certainly does do this. The literature one is obvious bullshit because that's saying pseudo-intellectual bullshit doesn't exist or are you trying to claim that stuff as fiction?

All forms of entertainment do it, even more so the more it tries to appeal to your average person.
>>
>>872638
Are you insulting the average person? They're the ones who run everything, you know. Nothing wrong with liking Marvel.
>>
>>872627
Now you're getting it! Make them feel intelligent, and they'll act like they're superior all the time. This also helps explain the baseless elitism found there. Because speaking out against anime culture and tropes and such, is taken as a personal insult to their falsely inflated intelligence.
>>
>>872609
>>872641
Define intelligence

Just try
>>
>>872644
The ability to quickly and efficiently absorb new information and apply it.
>>
>>872619
>Aimless implied depth
Such as?
>loose ends
Examples?
>and predictable plots
Most plots are, unless it's some sort of thriller with a Shyamalan twist. It comes part and parcel with how humans convey narratives and is ultimately inescapable.
>>
>>872640
>They're the ones who run everything, you know.
They aren't; they're merely the ones who keep the hamster wheel turning.
>>
>>872641
>because speaking against anime culture and tropes and such, is take as a personal insult to their falsely inflated intelligence

People just get pissed when people complain about anime on a fucking anime website, you fucking retard. It's really fucking mind numbing what kind of scenarios you guys concoct in your heads.
>>
>>872663
>anime website
no
>>
>>872729
America is the country of freedom, is it not?
>>
>>872729
>no

simply epic

That's besides the point anyway, I was just explaining why anime fans act the way they do, and that it has nothing to do with whatever the fuck that mongoloid constructed in his autistic mind.
>>
4chan is a weeb neighborhood and /a/ posters are it's rulers, the elite have no need to cater to the fragile egos of peasants. Bow down filthy gaijin.
>>
>>872736
t. EOP
>>
Because they don't spoonfeed you unlike other boards when you ask a question that can be answered with a google search. In the case of your waifu: your waifu is a slut hence why they hate her. As far as your favorite anime: it just plain sucks. The same with your opinion on whatever anime because you are a horrible person with shitty taste that should jump off a tall bridge head first to your death.
>>
>>872571
Autism
>>
File: image.jpg (12KB, 200x112px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
12KB, 200x112px
>>
>>872641
Are fucking retatded? Ofc therell be a backlash. Anime is part of 4chan. Its like going to kfc but u hate chicken
>>
>>872571
Because you're a retarded normalfag who acts like you own the place. Please kill yourself.
>>
If /a/ was friendly and welcoming, it would be overrun by children asking how to Naruto, just like My Anime List. The only way to keep out disgraceful worthless plebs is to ban anyone who hasn't been hikikomori for 25 years and has no other hobbies. It's a shame, I agree, but that's the reasoning.
>>
>>872782
I enjoy coming to /qa/ and seeing all the people upset about being confronted on /a/. It gives me hope that /a/ can hold out.
>>
Of course people won't like it when you disrespect the things they like, that much is a given. I'm elaborating beyond simple things like openhanded insults. The hostile replies I got from this post >>872641 show there is some truth to what I said.
>>
>>872571
Special snowflake syndrome.
Also anime are the only thing they have in life, so when you don't agree with them they take it as a personal insult.
I can't wait for normalfags to finally take over the current western anime fanbase. The sooner those special little snowflakes finally shut up the better
>>
>>872946
>special snowflakes
This is such a Reddit phrase.
>>
>>872959
Spotted the butthurt special snowflake
>>
>>872946
>I can't wait for normalfags to finally take over the current western anime fanbase
It's already happening
>>
>>873056
Reddit.
>>
>>873073
Tumblr.
>>
>>873079
No.
>>
>>873079
JEWS
>>
>>872571
What is /vp/'s problem with being denied spoonfeeding and told not to use emoticons? They're so concerned with having their feelings hurt by cliché and standardized phrases they'll even argue you can't call them a faggot because they have a vagina.

>>872729
>/a/ is not about anime
Great meme.
>>
Sorry your rec thread got deleted, OP

/a/ is actually a very un-rude board, they don't even bicker about matters of taste very often, they usually live and let live. You're more or less free to enjoy whatever anime you want over there and you'll mostly end up in the company of people who enjoy the same things you do.
>>
>>874011
>/a/ is actually a very un-rude board, they don't even bicker about matters of taste very often, they usually live and let live. You're more or less free to enjoy whatever anime you want over there and you'll mostly end up in the company of people who enjoy the same things you do.
Bullshit. I created a Big Order thread back when it was airing and there was too much shitposting to have anything resembling a discussion.
>>
File: 1476239968696.png (515KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1476239968696.png
515KB, 640x480px
>>874011
>he actually believes this
/a/ is easily one of the rudest boards on 4chan
>>
File: azunyan laughs.gif (568KB, 240x291px) Image search: [Google]
azunyan laughs.gif
568KB, 240x291px
>>874041
>Big Order
>>
File: pissed Benio.png (995KB, 1231x1080px) Image search: [Google]
pissed Benio.png
995KB, 1231x1080px
>>874041
Oh come the fuck on, anon. You tried to talk about literal trash that barely managed to hold onto its threads when it was airing. The only reasons its threads survived was it was either people shitposting or the thread was nothing but people mocking and picking at the show.

Of course that clusterfuck of a show is going to get nothing but shitposting. It is really incapable of holding anything else but real harsh criticism shitting on it. You can't seriously tell me you wanted actual proper informative discussion on that piece of shit series or expected it to be possible? I didn't think the author could make some worse than Mirai Nikki and yet he managed to make somethink worse and rip off everyone so poorly at the same time. It's like the author stole a bunch of other peoples ideas, wrote something about it, made a OP as fuck mc and then realized that he doesn't know what the fuck he was doing.
>>
>>872782
>>872791

>this is what /a/utists actually believe
top kek go jerk to your imaginary waifus you retards
>>
>>874073
>/a/ is nice! They live and let live!
>Except for this show!
You don't get to make exceptions just because you personally don't like the show.
>>
>>>/a/150682717
Pffftttt
>>
File: mpv-shot0734.png (175KB, 235x508px) Image search: [Google]
mpv-shot0734.png
175KB, 235x508px
>>874083
Being nice doesn't suddenly mean you are going to suck each others dick and circlejerk. The show was a clusterfuck of bad that literally triggers most people into froddo and what the fuck why is this so bad. To be frank about this, I think you just have some real bad taste. Enjoying the show? Sure, I enjoy some really bad shit myself. Thinking its good, fuck no. If you actually think its good or deserves any praise I think you might lack critical thinking capabilities. There is only shit to criticize. It's a "it's so bad its so good" show. These have always and always will be threads about shitting on it or shitposting.

Threads don't need to be nothing buy praising something. The threads were basically nothing but people laughing at how fucking bad the thing was that it became just shitposting. The problem here lies with you. You liked something *actually bad* and got upset when you found out that feeling isn't very mutual with well, anyone.

The show was so bad anons basically fucking begging to be spoilered so they were prepared to laugh their arse off.
>>
>>874085
If you are going to link that, at least link the thread were the autist started his fit.

>>>/a/150678796
>>
>>874091
How ironic that you embark on this triggered rant just because someone dares to complain about Big Order threads being a circlejerk of hatred.

You need to realize this shit goes both ways. Nobody has a problem with criticism, the problem is when it's blind criticism such as yours. And frankly, fuck you for ruining that Halloween thread.
>>
>>872571
>why are /a/ users so rude
because it's annoying to try to deal with low-power-level posters

they take it too far sometimes though
>>
File: 1473528934612.png (1MB, 1050x903px) Image search: [Google]
1473528934612.png
1MB, 1050x903px
>>874098
The only one who seems to be triggered here is you. You are literally triggered because people criticized something you liked because the show had such little content to talk about that the only thing people could do was fucking pick at it. There was nothing blind about it.

It wasn't a circlejerk of hatred, they were threads of anons laughing at something for being bad. There was nothing to actually talk about, there was only shit to pick at. No one in those threads took the fucking show seriously while you did. LITERALLY everyone else treated the show as a comedy while you alone treated it as something serious and something deserving of in-depth discussion. Holy shit, you can't actually be seriously trying to defend the fucking piece of shit right now? If you want to act like anon was bad for laughing at it, you've got to first provide a reason as to why there was anything to talk about.

It's also ironic that you would claim 1000 characters as "a triggered rant". I can feel the new ooze off of you.
>>
>>874098
>>874110
No wait, you're right. It does deserve some praise. It's incredibly fucking out of place jazz background music did at least sound nice. You've got one thing going for you. Something that people also brought up every thread.
>>
>>874110
>>874113
You have that exact same stupid argument. "You liked something bad, it was totally bad, because taste is objective and because I decreed it is bad you have to agree with me that it is bad."

People like you always think you're smarter than the writer. You think you're the ultimate genius and nobody can possibly be more clever than you. And then when someone rightfully calls you out on being wrong, you get overly defensive. Just like you are right now.
>>
File: 1445934650394.png (129KB, 212x325px) Image search: [Google]
1445934650394.png
129KB, 212x325px
>>874116
No taste is subjective and that shit show was objectively bad. This is what I fucking said. This is a fucking fact, that thing is bad. There wasn't a single thing it did good. That's why the threads were nothing but shitting on it. It was a so bad its so good for a reason. The author ripped off a bunch of popular series, made a clusterfuck of a plot that made no sense and shoehorned dumb shit along the way and his biggest sin was making a shit mc with a op as fuck ability making him the strongest and then going out of his way to bullshit his way through why he looses to literally everyone.

The overly defensive one here is (you). You got called out for crying that something you liked was being shit on for being bad despite the fact IT WAS OBJECTIVELY BAD. You have actual bad taste and that's the attempt of trying praise actual fucking bad stuff as good for reasons outside of you enjoying it. Please, just fuck off to MAL or something.

Next you'll say Chaos Dragon was good. Which, I'll admit, dropped after ep 1 as it was bad enough from that episode alone that I just couldn't stomach it.
>>
No, this thread is about Cross Ange now, which was very obviously intentionally comedic but people like you insisted it was totally serious and "just bad." Once again you incorrectly thought you were smarter than the writer so you condescendingly laughed at him while the rest of us understood it and were laughing with him. And then when you get called stupid in the threads? You deflect it with the usual "I l-love this m-m-m-meme." Nothing is allowed to be funny on purpose. It can only be funny in a way that lets you "ironically" watch it and claim it's "so bad it's good." Seriously, how obvious does it have to be before you'll stop being retarded? Unfortunately there's no upper limit because you have a fucking God complex about anime.
>>
File: 1431625286401.png (183KB, 433x380px) Image search: [Google]
1431625286401.png
183KB, 433x380px
>>874133
This fucking damage control. How desperate are you to win an internet argument on 4chan? No one is evem brought ip cross ange. So when the odds are against you, you go out of your way to bring up irrelevant bullshit so you can make an argument that no one in this thread was making, not even you. All for the sake of winning an internet argument? I feel like I am talking to pasta.

For reference, I actually enjoyed cross ange.
>>
>>874135
You feel like that because I am literally ignoring the content of your posts and typing whatever I feel like. It's quite satisfying.

I actually only ever watched like two episodes of Big Order so I don't particularly care about what people think of it. Since you enjoyed Cross Ange I have no beef with you. I was arguing more on the principle of the thing, because I don't like when people get in that mindset where nobody is allowed to enjoy themselves.
>>
>>874135
>i-interweeb argument is no serierioz bizneez guise!!
>have nothing to say but must shitpost
>>
>>874141
This explains why I felt like something was incredibly wrong when posting.
>>
>>874147
We all gain a sixth sense after enough time here, after all. It's a good strategy when I'm not invested in the argument but still have something to say.

But let me tell you that if I do find a series where I find it genuinely good but /a/ unanimously decides it's bad, you'll be the first to hear about it. I'm still mad over those Cross Ange idiots, but I've found people who got what it was going for, so it's alright.
>>
Also, here's another weird thing I've noticed: When something is particularly popular, it's not surprising that it gets some people criticizing it, whether it's just to be contrarian or because they genuinely feel it's getting "too much respect", as if that's something worth giving a fuck about. But it leads to some of the most nonsensical criticisms I've ever seen. Stuff that should be obvious if they'd been paying any attention at all, so you wonder how they even came to that conclusion. And when you defend it you're just accused of being, I don't know, a shill? Or something. Not just anime either. Off the top of my head, superhero movies are a popular target for this. Basically, why does popularity lead to such idiotic, illogical hatred? If you're mad something less popular didn't get enough respect, you should be trying to sell people on that thing rather than taking it out on the biggest target. That's the kind of negativity I hate. The kind that's not even motivated by the quality of the subject in question.

One thing that I feel works out in /a/'s favor is the fact that their favorite anime tends to be... well, cute stuff. Stuff where there isn't really anything to argue about in terms of writing. They argue about things worth arguing about, like which girl is best. That sort of lighthearted discussion is nice.
>>
>>872659
Anime recommendations belong on the worksafe request board.

>>>/wsr/
>>
>>874169
No, they argue now if fujos are better than yurifags.
Next time, come to /a/.
>>
>/a/utists get ultra butthurt over rec threads
>imagedump request threads get 200 replies without a problem
>>
>>874072
>moeshit
>>
the great moe anime rush is what changed /a. pissed everyone off and turn half of the user base into moeblob fags and the other half became /v/. I mean they made /a/-tan into a moeblob.
>>
>>872571
Don't get burhurt. Yea, /a/nons are rude, but if you go to any other board and ask their opinions about Big Order, they all will think the same about that shit.
>>
>>874210
Threads like those are threads you should avoid.
>>
>>874169
>I don't know, a shill?
It's /v/ and /pol/. No, literally. This shitposting brand was created there and bred there. It's just another way to attempt to shut down someone while disregarding what they are saying.

Spam report everyone who does this and remind me mods to range ban them. It is some of the dumbest types of shitposting ever and the people who do it really don't belong here.
>>
>>874611
hiro should wordfilter "shill" to something else, I don't know, "lover", "gentleman", ...?
>>
>>872571
A culture known for being extremely hostile against newfags, which is the reason why the board still hasn't reached /v/ levels of shit despite anime being so accessible. But thankfully enough for your kind, some mod wants to destroy every last bit of that culture, so come back in a few months to see the complete reddification of the board thanks to him.
>>
>>874839
The current mod nuking all the generals and the garbage is trying to retain /a/ culture. You retards are the one who want to make it fucking /v/. The mod is literally enforcing the exact same quality standards people were asking for the mods to reinforce.
>>
>>874892
I believe them.
They just need to be a little bit quicker on the uptake to take down garbage like
>>>/a/150723315
to make it look like they're doing a good job.
>>
>>874987
Well, its not like they can always get to it straight away. What matters is that they actually delete the shit at the moment. They are slowly starting to delete more and more of the shitty /e/ threads, waifu threads and the dozens of other template threads. So long as people actually report shit, it will more than likely get removed. So what's important at the moment is shit being removed as it will slowly fix the board.

It would be nice if they weren't so slow about it, however.
>>
Making the board better by actually contributing through quality posts, discussion or originality is hard. It's far easier for a newfag with a warped perception of what /a/ was to bitch about things or act like an angry sperg towards a poster they've decided is a newfag or cancer.
Sort of like what I'm doing right now.
>>
>>875279
The biggest problem is that people post to get attention, and shitposting deliberately through troll-posts or posting political content that no one really wants is a way to get attention.

In some way, I really think that eliminating the notification function that attaches a (You) to a reply and puts a red exclamation mark in the clover so that you know that somebody replied to a post of yours would actually help.
Too many attention-seeking shitposters use it as a tally of how many replies they could bait out the thread to fuel their own ego.
>>
>>875294
Sure, disruptive posters are a problem, and they'll continue to be a problem no matter what. Idiots who reply to them in an attempt to drive them away or prove them wrong only make things worse. As you said, these people thrive off attention and when you have a heaving mass of newfags eager to engage in some distorted ideal of "self-moderation", it only feeds into the problem.
/a/'s current culture is the result of some bizarre game of chinese whispers that has completely lost much of the subtlety and reasoning that was originally there. As a result the board has changed beyond all recognition.
I've seen plenty of threads that were perfectly peaceful years ago be shitposted into oblivion by so called "self-moderators" who have no idea what /a/ looked like before they joined in 2010 and deemed themselves defenders of the board.
>>
>>874212
>sad panda threads get over 300 replies
>blog fetish threads over 400 replies
Thread posts: 78
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.