[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

WEW LAD.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: WEW LAD.png (94KB, 1337x599px) Image search: [Google]
WEW LAD.png
94KB, 1337x599px
I know that RP threads are "frowned on", and generally removed, despite the only board they are ever banned on is /mlp/. But I've literally never seen this kind of action.

It's like hanging a body of a criminal out on the street as a warning, except he never broke any of the written rules.

Can we at least have "no roleplaying outside of, say, /tg/ or /trash/ allowed" bumped up to a global rule if it's going to be treated as such?

Also the thread involved is >>>/vp/30345563
>>
>>861672
>has 4chan X but still sees ads
You're doing something wrong.
>>
File: 1479077773407.jpg (36KB, 704x528px) Image search: [Google]
1479077773407.jpg
36KB, 704x528px
>>861672
>there are people who unironically role play on 4chan
>>
>>861672
>>861695
what is >>>/qst/
>>
>>861672
You can tell the mod was really fucking mad about it since he put the ban message twice.
>>
>>861697
a really slow board full of /tg/ rejects

>>861676
I'm only replying to this post because I want there to be a "crossed post number" in this thread.
>>
>>861672
>DOUBLE BAN
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>861692
The only ads I see are the internal "inter-board" ads, which I don't mind.

>>861697
/qst/ isn't for roleplaying, it's for questing- which is a horde of many different anons all controlling one character as they make their way through a world decided by one anon posing as a "game master".
>>
I'm someone who regularly participated in the threads, and I want the mods to have justification for their actions. If roleplay belongs on /b/, there should be something in the rules about that.
>>
>>861672
>>861706
does anyone know why "gotta catch 'em all" is bannable in /vp/? the way the rule is written regarding it seems like it's a very big offence.
>>
>>861697
Quests are not roleplaying.
>>
>>861710
It's a joke rule.
>>
>>861710
It's mostly board culture, but indeed, if you reveal that you fully intend on not catching them all, you will get reported and banned.

Assuming of course the single mod on /vp/ is awake and cares about the joke rule at that moment in time.
>>
>>861710
Every once in a while a mod will ban someone for it for shits and giggles. Otherwise, it's not as enforced as the rules make it sound.
>>
>>861713
At least you don't need a shiny livingdex to post.
>>
>>861719
You don't even need to HAVE caught them all- just intent to do it (or never mentioning that you don't) is fine. After all, it's "gotta catch 'em all", not "have to have caught them all"
>>
>>861714
From what I've heard it's a minimum-length ban because they know how silly it would be to actually ban for it.
>>
>>861706
The mods blatantly ignore the rules, possibly because they know that if they were followed to a T the entire site would riot. They need a severe overhaul.

For example, Here's Global Rule 3 and what it bans, compared to its actual effects.

>All of the following is to be confined to /b/
Ah, no. Several of the following are tolerated on the entire site, and even more are tolerated in specific boards that aren't /b/. On top of that, there's now an entire other board where GR3 isn't enforced, /trash/.
>trolls
Blatantly ignored.
>racism
Ahahahahaha, no. There's an entire board that engages in this on a daily basis, that has bled out into the rest of the site for years, and nobody bats an eye.
>off-topic replies
Replies? Nah, derailing threads is fine. Entire threads? Actually banned, to the extent that they made a board to ship off-topic threads to.
>uncalled-for catchphrases
Nada.
>macro image replies
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>indecipherable text
I suppose so.
>furry
Yeeeep.
>guro
Yep.
>gets
It's enforced, although not to the letter of GR3- it's mostly confined to [s4s].
>loli and shota
Yep.

So who's waiting for the rules overhaul that's coming circa never?
>>
>>861672
That was a pretty intense reaction from mods, honestly kind of surprised to see it. Then again, I'm pretty much used to seeing those sort of role play and related threads go without a peep from mods. Hell, they seem to have them on /v/ all the time.
Guessing that mod really, really isn't a fan of Garchop.
Was the ban right before the thread was closed or something? Skimming over the thread I didn't see any anon making reference toward the ban statement, and those tend to produce a pretty predictable MODS=GODS type spam response.

Kind of interested to see what the ban page for this anon looked like. I have a feeling that whoever did this ban also left the anon a nice love letter in his ban page.
>>
File: 1417905831397.png (172KB, 437x597px) Image search: [Google]
1417905831397.png
172KB, 437x597px
>>861703
>/qst/ isn't for roleplaying, it's for questing- which is a horde of many different anons all controlling one character as they make their way through a world decided by one anon posing as a "game master".
How isn't that a form of role playing?
>>
>>861816
Nope. Thread was locked (preventing posting in it) at the same moment the OP was banned. It's still on page 8.

>>861818
It's a FORM of role playing. However, we're talking about role playing as a whole, not just one specific type of it. Also, questing doesn't get the same knee-jerk GET OFF MY BOARD response from certain anons (including mods) that RPing does.
>>
>>861821
>It's a FORM of role playing
So it's role playing.
Got it.
>>
>>861823
It's a "squares are rectangles" kinda thing. You can't say all rectangles are squares, but you can say all squares are rectangles.

Rectangles being RPing and squares being questing.
>>
>>861816
>tfw they probably just unplugged their router and are now shitposting on /b/
>>
>>861815
>Ahahahahaha, no. There's an entire board that engages in this on a daily basis, that has bled out into the rest of the site for years, and nobody bats an eye
umm.. anon.. 4chan even before /pol/ or /news/ was racists.
>>
>>861854
We knew this already.
>>
>>861828
That or shitposting on /vp/.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.