[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Future of 4chan

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 7

File: MALOL.jpg (10KB, 400x403px) Image search: [Google]
MALOL.jpg
10KB, 400x403px
This is getting ridiculous guys.
What happened to this place?
Don't start with the bullshit like "B-But 4chan was never good", no it wasn't perfect but was a special place... Now it's pure cancer, seriously pure cancer.
We stuck with the same formula for too long, we are becoming a stale meme, we are becoming old guys.
This place need a good clean up a sort of revolution. WE need to change the formula.
Hiro it's a fucking normie let's admit it: He doesn't understand the dynamics of this place and the relation that this place got with the internet, He doesn't understand the potential or the heritage... He understand the economy (I think) and the money involved, tho.

What I'm proposing now is either the death or the rebirth of 4chan, but if we are going down the path that Hiro and the others this place will die pretty soon... So fuck it, Its better to die on your feet than to live on your knees.
Stick with me:
>Make this place more democratic
We are kind of living in a dictatorship right now Hiro got all the power possible and we got 0 freedom of choice... what I propose is a sort of hierarchy: We create a new board AGORA /agr/ in this board we can discuss, make decisions and VOTE.
"Vote what faggot?" We need some kind of supreme admin who can: Open boards, Close boards, Ban mods, Choose mods and shit like that. 7 supreme admins voted by you, one for every category of boards we got on this site.
Take in mind, they can't act on their own (ex. Adult Supreme Admin want to ban /pol/ he can't with out the permission of the other Supreme Admins) and THEY CAN'T DO SHIT IF THE USER DON'T VOTED FOR IT (ex. Users want to ban /pol/ they need to vote in /agr/ if the majority wins we ban /pol/).
Under the Supreme Admins there are the Admins (Mods choose by the Supreme Admins) the admins are like mods right now BUT they can be banned by the Supreme Admins and they CHANGE with time and they can be REPORTED.

Pic not related

1/2
>>
>>800081
Cont. 2/2
I two months or less this place will be like the good ol' days, but with a new spin.

This place won't become reddit 2.0 we won't have the up vote sistem for threads or shit like that.
This place deserve a better future. It's time that WE make thing better.

Thanks
>>
>>800081
>>800089
Don't namefag.
>>
>>800103
I If i don't name fag this will be a fucking mess
>>
File: Capture.png (2KB, 298x72px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
2KB, 298x72px
>>800105
You're part of the problem are as so fucking new that you can't even cross post properly.
Lurk another two years before posting.
>>
>>800081
Rules are not the problem OP.

When people say 4chan was never good they mean it was never high quality. 4chan was always about people being assholes, shitposting, and trying to ruin stuff.

What made it good in the past though was that we could also have fun while doing it. There wasn't a whole lot of genuine pure loathing between members of 4chan like there is today.
We don't need bullshit like rules about what sort of humor we're allowed to have to force quality. I guarantee you right now that if do that all that's going to happen is you're going to need more and more and more rules until the site is locked down so tightly you can hardly say anything, because you're not addressing the real issue. People here fucking hate each other so much that we can't let the other side get away with something even once to just have a good laugh
(just look at frog posting. Sure maybe 99% of the time it's shit, but I've seen the rare occasion where a frogpost is actually pretty funny with good timing and still all it gets is "dumb frogposter")

We throw away opportunity to have fun to argue instead. That's 4chan today.

What needs to be done is simply cut out the source of the problem. Things like normalfags and social media need to be banned. It's the only way.
>>
>What I'm proposing now is either the death or the rebirth of 4chan,

No, hiro just needs to stop being a fucking jew
>>
>>800081
>The solution to cancer is more cancer
>>
>>800114
Nono, I'm not proposing more rules.
I'm proposing our rules.
We make the rules, with this system and it's not about rules but more about what rules
>>
Fuck off to 8gag with your fanfic garbage.
>>
All of you guys except >>800114
Didn't explained what's so wrong with this idea
>>
>>800123
But you're asking for us to now try and mold the rules with a community that has already been molded by its rules.

We're actually in the minority now you know? The majority of 4chan today had their first experience on the world wide web using social media, and still regularly enjoys using those sites. The majority of 4chan today doesn't think there's anything wrong with 4chan, is probably still in high school and thinks more about how being a "4channer" makes them look when they tell people about it than their actual experience being on 4chan.

Any rules "we" come up with today are going to reflect the cancer that currently infests the site. Not to mention internet voting never works. All you need to do is take a look at 4chans history to see all the voting 4chan's rigged. I think moot even almost got a trip to space because of us once.
>>
File: 4chan traffic over time.png (75KB, 1229x417px) Image search: [Google]
4chan traffic over time.png
75KB, 1229x417px
>>800081
>>800089
>have this site be at the mercy of the cancer
No. I would rather not give certain cancerous groups push the censorship you see on 2*2*2chan on 4chan.
>>
>>800081
>democracy on 4chan
that's a terrible idea. like democracy in iraq. it's like giving newfags the reign.
>>
>>800123
>We make the rules, with this system and it's not about rules but more about what rules
That's a fucking terrible idea.
The rules as current are fine, the problem is that moderation is fucking atrocious.
>>
>>800147
>The majority of 4chan today had their first experience on the world wide web using social media
What are the demographics of 4chan like today? As someone in their early 20s who has been on various forums since about 2000 and has never used major social networking sites, I'm having a hard time with that.
>>
File: sage.png (4KB, 600x200px) Image search: [Google]
sage.png
4KB, 600x200px
>>800081
Your idea is shit, sage goes in all fields.
>>
>>800182
Kind of sad that someone in their early 20s doesn't understand the concept of a statistical outlier.
>>
>>800177>>800147>>800166

The current cancer isn't interested in changing things, the one that will partecipate in the decisions will not be edgy teens or redditors.
This plan is more to take back this place from the current (2011 at least) cancer that invaded this place.

We thight rules temporarily to cure and prevent future cancer.
>>
>>800201
>The current cancer
You are the current cancer.
>>
>>800204
Niceeeeee, now go back to /pol/ please.
>>
>>800201
>the one that will partecipate in the decisions will not be edgy teens or redditors.
yeah, famous last words.
>>
File: 1271821341917.png (10KB, 392x72px) Image search: [Google]
1271821341917.png
10KB, 392x72px
4chan was never good is a meme, dumdum. Of course it was better back then and 4chan sucks nowadays, but we can't do shit. Hiro wants to profit.
>>
>>800201
>The current cancer isn't interested in changing things
Those people are the "lol so epic" fags that post screencaps on reddit and twitter.

Believe me, all it would take is someone to start a thread on their boards saying "hey guys, get in here and vote lol" and they'll basically take it as an "epic raid".

All of 4chan's old mentalities are pretty much attributed with "weebs" today anyway. All someone would have to do is poke the normalfag anime hating hive to get them to vote against everything 4chan used to be about.

Voting is just not a good solution anon. I'm sorry. It was a nice try though.
>>
>>800223
Still there is some way to at least clean a bit this place.
Fuck I prefer a weeb mentality site than a "alt-right" mentality shit hole
>>
>>800230
By telling them to fuck off to /pol/ and stay on there.
>>
>>800230
There is. The site just needs to take an official stance against social media, people talking about their personal lives, attention whores, normalfags, etc..
Delete the normalfag boards like /soc/, things like that.

I don't know if you've ever had an argument with these people over their faggotry, but they love to bring up the fact that 4chan doesn't actually say anywhere that they aren't welcome, and even actually accommodates them. Change that and that would be a huge step in the right direction.
>>
File: didn't-read.jpg (61KB, 400x500px) Image search: [Google]
didn't-read.jpg
61KB, 400x500px
>>
>>800236
>>800235
Yeah guys, but the only guys who got the power to do shit like are the mods and gookmoot.
Mods are fucking pussies and hiro don't give a fuck about this problems.
>>
>>800081
what 4chan needs is a dictator that gives a fuck. moot stopped caring somewhere around '09 and hiro never did. a dictator that doesn't shy away from harsh measures like range banning, board culling and generally terrorizing the cancer. but it's just wishful thinking. all good things come to an end.
>>
>>800193
Most of the people I grew up around who I know go on 4chan were similar though. I don't see how so much could have changed over just a few years.
>>
>>800081
You're idea isn't very good in my imo. Voting on a site with no registration? Lol.
>>
Since I'm really bored I'll list some reasons why this is such a terrible idea..
Either it would be a tyranny of pass users or some new registration system OR every single vote would be rigged by someone with an agenda and a script. Remember the Time man of the year poll? Anonymous voting is impossible.
While a few mods are well known for the most part the moderation is fairly invisible. If we can vote on mods we would have to know who the mods are and what they are doing. This would be a source of drama and circlejerking and is an awful idea for an anonymous site.
Everyone would be compelled to participate in such a system to defend their favorite boards from being deleted by buttmad anons. I don't want to waste my time with 4chan politics.
Even if it was somehow fair this is 4chan and we can't have nice things. The people here are shit and they would make bad decisions.
You're idea would destroy the site tbqh fampai
>>
File: 1465935591205.png (246KB, 651x641px) Image search: [Google]
1465935591205.png
246KB, 651x641px
Is this a MAGA thread now?
>>
>>800244
/this
Funnyjunk has an admin that is not a limp-wristed cuck and actually cares about their site, FUNNYJUNK of all sites for fucks sake...
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.