[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where are all these doom sayers and Hiro rumor mongers and 4chan

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

File: contempt.png (826KB, 787x785px) Image search: [Google]
contempt.png
826KB, 787x785px
Where are all these doom sayers and Hiro rumor mongers and 4chan haters coming from?

Who is raiding 4chan right now?
>>
>>747286
How can rumors be true if they're real
>>
>>747286
It's no raid.

One of the predictions of the original rumours (and 2ch user comments) people had over hiro has just become true.

Hiro, out of the blue, claimed that we have no money and that he will start commercializing the site more. Which is what the 2ch rumours said on a 1:1 basis.

So now people are quickly gathering every rumour again to check for other possible clues.

We fear the worst.
>>
>>747286
8gag and neogaf
>>
>>747286
What makes you trust him? We literally only have evidence that says he is not trustworthy.
>>
>>748315
screenshots of random 2ch users saying bad things about Hiro =/= evidence

Plus, this: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1287956

and https://8ch.
net/pol/res/7715964.html#7723167
>>
>>747286
They are redditors that came here during gamergate and then ran away to 8gag when moot bullied /pol/ declaring 4chan was dead.
They can't handle the fact they were completely wrong so they just sink deeper and deeper into delusion.
>>
>>748335
>NeoFAG
>8gag
Get the fuck out.
>>
>>748335
2ch and futaba aren't evidence but a stray few posts on those sites are? You're the delusional one here.
No doubt there is some opportunistic 'raiding' but it's opportunistic because the tensions are running high already due to the sketchy shit going down.
>>
>>748390
>stray few posts
It's thread after thread, not just a few posts. There are 300 people in just the one 8gag thread and many hundreds more in the NeoGAF link.

They want 4chan to shut down, mostly because they think it would make their own shitholes more relevant.
>>
>hiro makes pass users identifyable
>hiro makes board only pass users can post on
>hiro claims 4chan needs more money after claiming he prefers interesting 4chan over profitable 4chan
>hiro suggests he might make major changes to the site to increase revenue or decrease maintenance
>people get afraid about the changes possibly ruining the 4chan and 4chan experience
>people think it's raid and haters posting

I actually would be more suspicious of people that are okay with these changes and who aren't afraid abotu 4chan's prospects.
>>
>>748433
So are you saying you want 4chan to shut down?
>>
>>747293
Yes, he's making the site have some dollars in its pockets for once ! We have to stop this !
>>
>>748447
The thing I want the most is for Hiro to actually interact with the community, so we actually know what he's about and what the situation is and what we could expect and why are the changes a good thing and what he expects to achieve with them, instead of just him typing in broken english and avoiding any sort of question/criticism.
>>
>>748447
There is no reason to believe the site is in need of a sudden cash injection.
An Hiro.
>>
>>748450
If lack of dollars was a problem, hiroshima could have simply started a donation drive, we've been talking about it for days and we know he reads the threads on this board. He's not just looking for spare cash, he's looking for a steady income he can discretely siphon off and line his own pockets with.
>>
I think a lot of people from various places who have grudges against specific boards (not naming names) are using this as an excuse to try to convince Hiro to delete some boards.
>>
>>748469
The only anons worried about their board being removed are /pol/tards, because they know no one else wants them here.
Back to your containment board.
>>>/pol/
>>
File: Suupport.jpg (41KB, 312x352px) Image search: [Google]
Suupport.jpg
41KB, 312x352px
>>748447
Quick Refresher

>secondary arguments and distractions used by shills and staffers
Boogeyman (/pol/- intentionally trying to bring the site down) (8gag- external sabotage/boogyman)
Them/Us (passusers are the only ones with an interest in the site thus other views are against it)

These approaches rely on the accused getting dismissed out of hand due to the accusation against them. With no way to prove one way or another if you're what they claim, the argument shifts from the rational merit of paid-posting and /vip/ to the character of the poster.

Some posters are certainly raiding from other sites. Don't pretend that they aren't.
Most posters are not, further, if they were they would be recruiting and stirring on more populated boards than /qa/.

Approach arguments with respect to the legitimacy of their content. Make your own conclusions from there.
>>
>>748583
>Some posters are certainly raiding from other sites. Don't pretend that they aren't.
They aren't.
>>
>>747286
>Who is raiding 4chan right now?
Because of the upcoming election and news of 4chan having financial trouble, the rest of the internet and much of 4chan itself.
>>
>>748458
That won't happen. It would make playing dumb harder for him. To add on that his English is a lot better tgen he lets on. Hiro is a very cunning man do not let your guard down, and do not under estimate him.
>>
>>748701
I'm still trying to give him at least some benefit of the doubt, because it's not very easy to be a leader/owner of a huge community.

It eventually happenes to many people that were enthusiastic to begin with, every single word they say gets twisted and used against them and the more they try to ellaborate, the further down the hole they go, making their efforts counter-productive, so they ultimately go almost silent.

That still wouldn't excuse Hiro for poorly expressing himself constantly and not explaining himself.
>>
>>748722
>I'm still trying to give him at least some benefit of the doubt, because it's not very easy to be a leader/owner of a huge community.
2ch says hi. They also say that you need to get savy before you get fucked over. So does futaba
>>
>>748701
>his English is a lot better than he lets on
This is the only rumor I believe without a doubt. Anyone who thinks Hiro doesn't have good English is a proper fool.
>>
>>748727
Are you implying that he should be better at being an owner, because of his previous experience at 2ch? Because that's exactly what I was trying to say, he's already been though it all and is in a phase, where he thinks that speaking more wouldn't help his case at all and it's preferable for him to just wait out until rumors pass away.

Of course I think he's actually doing what he's doing, because he's trying to jew some more shekels 4chan doesn't really mean and generally wants to use the site to extort some kind of money, however, as I previously said, I am still willing to give him some benefit of doubt.
>>
>>747286
>Where are all these doom sayers and Hiro rumor mongers and 4chan haters coming from?
People who fear that their home board's days are numbered.

/pol/ and /r9k/, same as always.
>>
>>747286
>Where are all these doom sayers and Hiro rumor mongers and 4chan haters coming from?
People who fear that their home board's days are numbered.

/pol/ and /r9k/, same as always.
>>
>>748746
I was actually referring to when he started stirring 2ch up claiming it had ran out of money. Then he added something very similar to a pass system with special benefits. Then he proceeded to hide other functions behind the pass so as to hold them hostage from free posters.
He was kicked out of his position and instead of slinking of with what was left of his dignity he started a site that cloned all the posts from 2ch and sold the data to metric gathering companies.
He has a history. 'the benefit of the doubt' is fucking stupid.

He is extremely efficient and he knows damn well what he is doing, he has done it all before after all.
>>
>>748767
4chan has for the longest time been a money sink, I think it was like 2012 when it actualy first broke even, I'm not sure how welll was 4chan doing financially when moot left, but it seemed to be stable/self-sufficient at worst.

The issue is that ever since moot left, the 4chan has become slighly more and more popular, possibly resulting in increased costs of running the site and with J-list stopping advertising here, it's not unreasonable to assume that 4chan actually moved to red numbers.

That doesn't really justify how it's being handled and doesn't mean that the acts aren't just moneygrab, nor does it mean that 4chan actually is in any sort of financial recess. It only means that the events outlined by Hiro are possibly not bogus.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.