[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey Hiro, can we get an /arc/ board for all subjects related

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

File: afterburner-r360.jpg (21KB, 320x303px) Image search: [Google]
afterburner-r360.jpg
21KB, 320x303px
Hey Hiro, can we get an /arc/ board for all subjects related to arcade culture, hardware and games? Thanks.
>>
I would like this. Most of what I post about on /vr/ is arcade games and pinball.
>>
>>680329
I want an arc reactor board
>>
>>680329
Nice idea anon!
>>
That would be great, maybe more people will get interested in arcade gaming with a board.
>>
I don't understand this
/vr/ is already slow enough as it is and Arcade threads are rare and sparse (read: little interest). Why would creating an arcade board and fracture even more an already slow board help anything.
You would just be creating the slowest fucking board on 4chan.

Just use /vr/ if you want to talk about arcades.
>>
>>680329
No, arcade does just fine on /vr/.
>>
y tho
/v2k/ at least has a reason for existing
why don't you want to talk about arcades on /vr/?
>>
>>680456
>Just use /vr/ if you want to talk about arcades.

/vr/'s moderation is shit. Threads get inexplicably deleted all the time, then the moderation slows down or stops entirely, and the /pol/shits move in to take over the board.

Last time I tried to start an arcade thread about the Gauntlet series, it got deleted within the minute.
>>
>>680781
And somehow this new board's moderation would be better?
>>
>>680802
>And somehow this new board's moderation would be better?

That's not the point. The point is, there's just no suitable board to discuss arcade games. Some anon recommended /vr/, but that's clearly not going to work.

Hiro needs to do something about the quality of moderation all around.
>>
>>680803
nigger arcade threads do fine on /vr/ stop suggesting fucking stupid pointless /v/ splinters you'll make the one that actually matters (/v2k/) less likely to happen
>>
>>680803
I don't see how /vr/ wouldn't work, you can talk about arcade games in /vr/ all you want. I've seen Gauntlet threads a couple of times, if somehow a janitor mod deleted it I'm willing to bet he was just retarded (which they do act sometimes) or it was a duplicate thread.
>>
>>680806
>fucking stupid pointless /v/ splinters

I'm not suggesting thing. Do you have me confused with another anon?

Only thing I've done in this thread is complain about the shit moderation on /vr/.

>post arcade thread on /vr/: thread gets deleted in a matter of seconds
>"nigger arcade threads do fine on /vr/"

Yeah, okay.
>>
>>680814
that's one example, and threads get inexplicably deleted in every board. janitors are trigger happy.
>>
File: 1363734738431.png (17KB, 512x480px) Image search: [Google]
1363734738431.png
17KB, 512x480px
>>680803
I bet the janitor was a dumbass and thought it was another "/vr/ gauntlet thread" and deleted it for perceiving it as duplicate

Having bad moderation isn't a good argument to create a new board over your anecdotal bad encounters

For a long time dreamcast threads were also deleted even though they were allowed, that's how dumb /vr/ janitors are, and yet that's not a reason to create a dreamcast board
>>
>>680827
>Having bad moderation isn't a good argument to create a new board over your anecdotal bad encounters

I never suggested a /vr/ split. Can you people read?

Let's try this again:

/vr/ has shit moderation and there is absolutely no redeeming value to the board as it currently stands. Changing /vr/'s rules in any fashion is an utterly pointless exercise in futility, because 1.) The rules on /vr/ are not and never were enforced. and 2.) Threads are deleted inexplicably at random instead of the rules being enforced.

Complaining about board splits or why we can't discuss specific topics on /vr/ is pointless. You're screaming at a sea of shit and expecting a rational response to boomerang back at you.
>>
>>680870
>no redeeming value to the board

Perhaps it is you that lacks a redeeming value.
>>
>>680870
Anon are you autistic, nobody here knows who the fuck you are or what your posts are. You're in a thread talking about creating a new Arcade board and people are talking about it. As long as you're saying that /vr/ isn't suitable for arcade games it's a fair assumption that you're siding with OP.
>>
>>680947
>As long as you're saying that /vr/ isn't suitable for arcade games

I don't think a board split is going to make any difference. The new board could have just as bad (or no) moderation.

But no, /vr/ isn't an appropriate place to discuss anything retro, much less arcades. You'd honestly have better success on /v/, as long as you don't mind wading through dozens of shitposts.
>>
>>680329
I think it is a terrible idea. /vr/ isn't very fast, we have lots of arcade discussion there. It isn't getting pushed off the board, and it also isn't pushing other content off the board.

Arcades are rare in the west nowadays, the ones that continue to operate mainly have games that come under /vr/'s mandate. I am perfectly happy to talk about arcade games on /vr/.
>>
>>680329
/vr/ already fits this bill, since arcades slowly died away in the 00s. Yes, even in Japan.
>>
This is a terrible idea. Do we need separate console, computer and mobile boards as well?
>>
>>681056
Yes. Separate by company preferably.
>>
>>681111
Why not a board for each game
Think about it
>>
>>680806
/v2k/ is the stupidest idea for a board of all time, though.

Why should '00s gaming get its own board when arcades are far more important?
>>
>>681164

It's not about what is "important" (which is highly subjective, anyway), it's about what's needed.
We need to slow down the 00s gaming shitposting on /vr/ and the guys who cry that ps2 isn't retro. /v2k/ would solve that.
You don't have anyone crying because they can't post arcade games on /vr/.
>>
>>680781
>/vr/'s moderation is shit. Threads get inexplicably deleted all the time

Then how come this perfectly civil arcade thread on /vr/ wasn't deleted?
>>>/vr/3501669
>>
>>681208
>You don't have anyone crying because they can't post arcade games on /vr/.
Because arcade enthusiasts generally aren't entitled millennials who grew up playing shovelware on their shit tier Sony systems.

>/v2k/ would solve that.
No, making /v/ slower and less shit would, without having to create a another redundant board.

/vc/ I can get behind, /va/ I can get behind, /v2k/ though? Retarded.
>>
>>681256
>/va/
>not redundant

I kind of agree on /vc/ but I think between /v/ and /vg/, it would also be redundant.

The main problem right now with /vr/ is the whole 6th gen shit. /v2k/ may be retarded, but it's the best solution.
>>
>>681256
>millennials
>>
>>680329
An arcade board would be fine. Arcades aren't limited to retro gaming, so keeping them at /vr/ makes absolutely no sense.
>>
>>681309

You can make arcade threads on:
/vr/ (if they're pre-1999)
/v/ (might be hard to get replies and get a thread going, but maybe if you try late at night when most kids are asleep)
/vg/
>>
File: generalsarecancer.png (49KB, 596x892px) Image search: [Google]
generalsarecancer.png
49KB, 596x892px
>>681317
>/vr/ (if they're pre-1999)
Shit.

>/v/ (might be hard to get replies and get a thread going, but maybe if you try late at night when most kids are asleep)
Even more shit.

>/vg/
kek
>>
>>681285
>not being part of Gen X
The adults are talking, son.
>>
>>681490
Go back to bed gramps
>>
>>681490
You better not be one of those guys who was born in 1989 and thinks he's not a millennial just because he was "born in the 80s".
>>
>>683082
Probably true. I really get the feeling most people think millenials are these kids born in the 2000s

I don't like the name milleniall, it's a dumb fucking name specially for the last generation born in the last millenium, it would be perfect for the 2000 generation being that they're the first of this millenium. But alas that's the name we've been given, and we have to roll with it.

Pretty sure the baby boomers don't like their name either
>>
good idea!
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.