[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pokemon Threads on /a/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 9

File: pokemon thread.png (30KB, 188x284px) Image search: [Google]
pokemon thread.png
30KB, 188x284px
Can something be done about these? They're just getting worse and worse.

A year ago, these threads were ok. There were very casual and fun discussion about the anime, new and old, that would occur every now and then.

Now, it's become an XYZ circlejerk and a complete shitfest, with deviantart-like shipping, meta posts, shitting on anything that doesn't involve the current season, 3D images, video game discussion, etc. These threads are also becoming more and more frequent, it's pretty much a daily thread at this point.

Is it not enough that there's an entire board dedicated to Pokemon-related discussion? Is it not enough that there's an entire thread on said board exclusively dedicated to anime discussion? /a/ has enough traffic as it is, why should room be made for these shitfests when there's a perfectly viable board for Pokemon?

This thread was made right after the last one died: >>>/a/145702398
>>
>>626773
Have you reported them?
>>
>>626773
it's anime
>>
OP is correct, and it hasn't stopped.

>>>/a/145735710

There's even fucking anime thread on /v/:

>>>/v/348500080

What's the point of having /vp/ if this guy is making generals on several other boards?
>>
>>626783
MLP is an american cartoon, why isn't it allowed on /co/?

If you have an entire board to yourselves, then all discussion pertaining to such should stay there. No need to clog up other boards when you have an entire fucking general on an entire fucking board.
>>
Obviously Pokemon Go is the cause. So ends /a/'s status as a refuge from normalfags.
>>
>>626773
>WHY SHOULDN'T AN ANIME BE ON AN ANIME BOARD

really now
>>
>>626773
I never understood the buttblasting that seems to inflict people on what happens INSIDE of threads.

Just don't go in them, stupid.
>>
>>628147
What is it about

>A year ago, these threads were ok. There were very casual and fun discussion about the anime, new and old, that would occur every now and then.

You failed to understand?

If the threads were good once upon a time, why is it wrong to complain when shitters ruin it?
>>
>>628012
GR 15. Pokemon has no such rule.
>>
>>628149
To you, ruining is simply posting things you don't like.
>>
File: pokemon on v.png (253KB, 783x1544px) Image search: [Google]
pokemon on v.png
253KB, 783x1544px
>>628000
Some snippets about why Xenoverse threads were getting deleted but not a Pokemon /a/ thread on /v/.
>>
>>628153
>To you
>with deviantart-like shipping, meta posts, shitting on anything that doesn't involve the current season, 3D images, video game discussion, etc
I'm not even the OP, but it's obvious none of this should be on /a/.

You sound like an idiot.
>>
>>628159
Give me a thread for reference. Not the one in the OP, a thread that lasted a while.
>>
File: oh yeah.png (23KB, 804x562px) Image search: [Google]
oh yeah.png
23KB, 804x562px
>>628156
Shoulda included this part too.
>>
Mods are biased, things can be posted outside of their boards if the mods like it enough to let it stay.

This has always happened and always will.
>>
>>628184
/thread
>>
>>628156
>>628165

What a fuckign retard the mod ffs
>>
>>628156
>>628165
The way this reads, they're either both right or they're both wrong.

Very stupid on both sides.
>>
>>628202
How was the other guy stupid?
>>
At it again:

>>>/a/145779185
>>
File: 1471319451348.png (499KB, 397x1079px) Image search: [Google]
1471319451348.png
499KB, 397x1079px
>>629901
These are the rules for /a/

>1.All images and resulting discussion should pertain to anime or manga.

>2.The use of spoiler tags is highly
recommended. To spoilerize text, enclose it like so: [spoiler]spoiled text[/spoiler]. In addition, images may be spoilerized by checking the "[Spoiler Image?]" box on the submission form.

>3.Purposeful spoiling of a series may result in post deletion and temporary ban.

>4.The discussion of "live action" television shows is permitted so long as they are distinctly rooted in, or based off of an anime or manga series.

>5.Japanese visual novels should be posted in /jp/, and Western on /vg/.
Now here's one major thing i notice

>1.All images and resulting discussion should pertain to anime or manga.

This already tells me that no rules are fucking broken and again they're discussing an anime.

this entire thread is retarded.
>>
>>630254
What do you think /qa/ is for? Nobody is reporting your shitty threads for violating the rules, they're suggesting that idiots like you should be contained to the board you belong on.
>>
File: 1465675865154.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1465675865154.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>630725
again,
This entire thread is retarded and you're even more retarded for making it.

I would've agreed with you if they were making those types of threads on /v/ but /a/?
>>
>>630849
>i-i'm not smart enough to counterargue so i'll just say this thread is r-retarded!
Thank you for confirming your idiocy. Also I'm not the OP.
>>
>>626773
Pokemon anime threads on /v/ have better reason to have something done about them.
>>
>>630849
Not him but they do make them on /v/.
>>
>>>/a/145856781
>>>/a/145857533
>>>/a/145824057

Three threads and counting. It's clearly one idiot who's desperate for people to watch his favorite show, and apparently it's not enough he has his own board.

One /a/ mod has been banning people for calling him out for the faggot he is. Can we just get new /a/ mods already?
>>
/padt/ here

We've always kept to ourselves. We're not responsible for whatever threads made outside of /vp/, /v/ and /a/ included. These are up to the mods to handle accordingly.

That said, considering the upcoming episode is the conclusion of the League finals, we ask for your understanding and request assistance in /vp/, as things could get a tad out of control after said episode airs in a couple of hours from now, depending on the outcome.

A lot of boards are in there as guests at the moment and we're concerned about possible raids after the episode. Needless to say, some contention measures would be highly appreciated, since it's in all our interests for /v/, /b/, /co/, /sp/, /int/, and other boards to not turn /vp/ into a shitposting cesspit (more than it actually already is), as it has been proven to be an uncontainable shitposting floodgate to other boards.

Keep it in check and you'll be doing all of us a favour, more than any board will ever know.
>>
File: I_AM_ABIB.png (41KB, 973x579px) Image search: [Google]
I_AM_ABIB.png
41KB, 973x579px
>>628156
>>628165
>>628197
Here's another one for the I_AM_ABIB collection.

Make sure to be on the mods good side, they might find what you did hilarious even though it's violating global rule #10.

Also, apparently 4chan now hires massive sperglords to be moderators.
>>
>>632753
>now
I appealed a ban to him IRC in, like, 2010. He's not new.
>>
>>632687
>that webm
>DEATH in Pokemon

Holy shit.
>>
>>632753
Hassan couldn't find a place to bomb, so he decided to do it for free on a Jewish imageboard?

Colour me somewhat impressed.
>>
>>632753
What a fucking idiot. How is he a moderator?
>>
>>632753
Whether any given mod was or was not being a fuckwit, it's shit like this that caused moot to close /q/ and drop the iron curtain on mods talking to users.
>>
File: 1450472580282.jpg (11KB, 257x196px) Image search: [Google]
1450472580282.jpg
11KB, 257x196px
>>632771
>been a mod since 2010
>still doesn't understand the rules as seen here >>628156
Wow.
>>
>>632786
Why is it the anon's fault? Is it too difficult for mods to conduct themselves in a professional manner? If a mod is an autistic faggot, better he be exposed for it than keeping it all behind the scenes.
>>
>>632795
The end result will probably you be hanging out on 8chan with the rest of the dozens of people who were banned for exposing mods as autistic faggots, because it turns out that the mods don't look kindly on that kind of thing.

If you think it's more important than keeping /qa/ alive, you're free to do it.
>>
>>632795
Yes, the internet is serious business.
>>
>>632802
I'm not the one who posted that, I'm just baffled the site hires idiots.

If they start handing out bans to anons posting screencaps of their own autism, that's even worse.
>>
>>629901
Looks perfectly fine to me. What is the problem supposed to be?
>>
>>626773
>thread about currently airing anime discusses shit currently happening in the anime and not things that happened five series ago
>that somehow makes them a circlejerk
Perfect logic there, champ.
>>
>>632853
Do you know what a circlejerk is?
>>
>OH NO THEY'RE DISCUSSING ANIME ON AN ANIME BOARD
>>
>>626773
/a/ is fucking infested with bleach threads and you think this is a problem?

kill yourself
>>
>>632897
Does Bleach have its own containment board?

It doesn't, retard.
>>
>>632902
Go on /a/ right now and tell me if it's being flooded with pokemon threads right now.
>>
>>632904
It isn't now, but it certainly was an hour ago.
>>
>>632906
no it fucking wasn't, all I saw as fucking bleach threads an hour ago and the same two pokemon threads.

you think this shit is flooding? also what you're complaining about in the OP.

/a/ is full of that shit
>>
>>632906
What I do agree with is that problem is pokemon ANIME threads on /v/, complain about that instead but don't be retarded and complain about an anime being discussed in an anime board.
>>
>>632897
Are we being raided by IRC or somewhere? Why are there so many Bleach threads today?
>>
>>632911
bleach is ending
>>
Bleach only ends once a lifetime. You might as well sit back and enjoy the ride.
>>
>>632908
>all I saw as fucking bleach threads
Then you weren't looking properly.

Oh look, another trash thread: >>>/a/145864202

That makes 3 right now. Nothing to see here? Not spamming at all? What's next, are you going to defend the stream links shilled in those threads?
>>
>>632909
I'm not the OP, the complaint I'm making is the thread spamming. You'd realize that if you weren't retarded.
>>
>>632753
What's the problem here? The guy entered the IRC with an axe to grind and didn't even give the mod a chance to respond before doing a passive-aggressive "so I guess this is okay, huh?" response. This is an imageboard and not the UN, mods acting like humans and not bureaucrats is to be expected.
>>
>>632921
>3 threads

apposed to all the garbage I see on that board also I admit that shilling youtube streams is retarded
>>
File: 1464099796363.jpg (25KB, 407x430px) Image search: [Google]
1464099796363.jpg
25KB, 407x430px
>>632923
How much deeper can you fit the mod cock in your mouth?

The cocksucking of mods here on /qa/ is staggering at times.
>>
>>632926
>apposed to all the garbage I see on that board
Does all of that garbage have it's own dedicated board?
>>
>>632928
Your futile attempts to force your personal agenda onto this website are hilarious to watch
>>
>>632897
It's like one of the most popular manga of all time, its been running for a billion years and its ending. Of course there's going to be a billion threads about it. Its only temporary so calm down nerds.
>>
>>632932
What personal agenda?

It sounds like you're the one who seems to have one.
>>
Considering there's a grand total of three pokemon threads on the board right now, it's not the end of the world as long as they disappear once the hype calms down.

The pseudo general being forced is definitely the bigger problem. Mods actually need to do something about all the low quality circlejerks on the board.
>>
I can't actually wait until the episode hits.
Your problem will get worse then.
>>
>>632941
>people talking about an anime on the anime board is a pseudo general
So every currently airing anime has a pseudo general, then? What's the problem in that case?
>>
>>632949
>every current airing anime has a psuedo general
A good chunk of them do. Particularly the more popular ones with a thread 24/7 that run out of content halfway through the week and spend the rest of their time shitposting to "keep the thread alive". It becomes particularly obvious when the currently airing series ends and the thread persists, relying on RPing, fan content, drama, offtopic, shipping etc. to keep the thread going.
A good example right now would be Jojo threads, Danganrompa, Love Live. Despite having ongoing source material the threads are irredeemable shitfests.
>>
>>632941
No idea why there isn't an Anime Generals board.
Maybe because /a/ is too slow to warrant one.
Those threads are literally generals without editions and thread count though.
>>
Nishimura-san, please contain all Pokemon content to /vp/. Pokemonfags have been the new bronies ever since Go came out.
>>
>>626773
The Pokemon anime is truly autistic.
The games are decent, but the anime is too much.
Anyway, Pokemon's allowed on other boards that it relates to because it's not actually a containment board.
>>
>>633007
>/a/
>slow
>>
>>633035
If you take the generals away the board becomes very slow.
That's not a bad thing though.
>>
>>633040
>becomes very slow.
Maybe compared to /b/.
/a/ threads rarely even last 3 days, and without the generals would still never make it past a week.
I do support /ag/ and /ar/, though.
>>
>>632753
I have no love for the mods but he goes on the offensive way too quickly here.
>>
>>632928
Deeper than your reaction image collection I hope. Let's do it, bro.
Thread posts: 74
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.