[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The mods have Hiro by the balls.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 7

File: 300__mad_by_rik4100-d9v4j52.png (249KB, 439x642px) Image search: [Google]
300__mad_by_rik4100-d9v4j52.png
249KB, 439x642px
Think about it, the reason why moderation is fucked and rules are enforced or not enforced at will is because the mods love having that much power. Hiro can't do shit because if he actually started giving 2 fucks about how the mods do their job, and having rules that aren't incredibly ambiguous, they could all just leave, and then we'd have no moderation.
>mfw literally no one can do shit about poor moderation
>mfw chrome crashed as i wrote this
>>
>>539317
>Hiro can't do shit

He could hire paid super moderators.
>>
>>539317
The moderation isn't bad. The real problem here is that your standards are way too high.
>>
>>539318
Then why doesn't he? Because he doesn't want to spend a single penny on this shithole.
>>
>>539317
>>mfw chrome crashed as i wrote this

CuCKED
>>
is /co/ the only board with mods?
can gookmoot maybe spare one of those 8 armed 3 headed faggots to moderate on /mlp/?
fucking /b/reddit showing up every fucking day now.
>>
Hiro could fire everyone on the team right now, pick two random posters from the top ten boards as new mods, and have a better crew than we have now. Think that's bullshit, mods? Think "ha yeah right they have no idea how much we deal with?" Prove it. Whatever you are dealing with, most of you are clearly not competent to do the shit you were picked up for even the most basic duties.

There are about 6-7 ish really active boards on the site that are likely to have some kind of rule breaking thread pop up every few minutes at worst, hour or two at best. How many mods are there? Couple dozen right? If two or three active mods check catalogs for 10 fucking seconds on those boards once or twice an hour and just picked off obvious shit threads by their OPs being rule breaking, they would do a way better job than what goes on right now. For example there was an obvious /pol/ thread with a Trump OP up on /a/ for over four hours. Today. No one even fucking glanced at the catalog of one of the biggest boards for 4+ hours and if they did, utterly and completely failed to identify even the most basic and obvious of rule breaking and just ax it without question. "It could be a good thread with a bad OP" as a rationalization is a crock of shit. Shit threads basically never turn out good. Many proper threads turn into shit 1-200 posts down and for those reporting might be the best way to find them. Mods/janitors getting lost hunting through specific generals day in day out on personal agendas, ignoring even the most basic shit threads in a catalog for hours to do so, are failing the boards.

This isn't even a matter of subjectivity for board culture/what the local user sentiments are (I.e how much they like/expect to shitpost off the walls). It's a matter of failure to do even the most basic implementations of globals 3/6 on many very active boards, to say nothing of smaller boards.
>>
people have been making these complaints since even before /q/, moderation hasn't changed since then, hiro has not caused any change.
>>
>>539368
Like I said, the mods can just do as they please because of how backwards this site is run. The only reason they actually do their job sometimes is to try and keep this place as least shitty as possible, but even then they fuck up on so many occasions like you said its unreal. Someone posted a thread about how they talked to some of the mods on IRC and got the impression there is no system in place to make sure the mods are actually doing a good job, which seems believable since that would explain why they're so piss poor at times. The reason I made this thread is to say that even if Hiro did implement a system, it would cause the mods to fuck off, but like you said, Hiro could try something like hiring people from the top boards or a couple of jannies (but hell, it could be the fault of the janitors here and we'd be none the wiser), but he'd never do that.
>>539371
Should have added that this happened with moot too.Moot probably knew a lot of them personally, and couldn't really do much about kicking them off of there as he knows them. Which is another problem because if that's true, then he's a fucking idiot for hiring just people he knows as opposed to people with experience. So likewise, moot couldn't do shit either, because he dug a fucking hole for himself and refused to try and get back out.
>>
>>539371
Things are worse now than /q/ days. Weirdly enough /v/ is moderated somewhat well now. Every other big board has suffered. So, it looks like mods threw their weight into trying to helo p /v/ but spread themselves too thin to cover the rest of the site, so places like /int/ and /tv/ spiraled down into shitposting autism levels not even thought possible. /pol/ is functionally /b/ in terms of topic rigidity for half if not most of the day, etc.
>>
>>539385
It seems very likely thats the case. /v/ badly needed to be fixed, but since theres so few mods, the fact there's no system in place to watch them, and the fact they're idiots just causes even more damage.

We need new mods badly. I wish moot would have given this site to someone else, I really do.
>>
>>539319
The moderation is fucking awful. How new are you?
>>
>>539319

Moderation has always been abysmal

It's one of 4chan's trademark features
>>
>>539368
>Mods/janitors getting lost hunting through specific generals day in day out on personal agendas

/scg/ in a nutshell
>>
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Mod#4chan_Feedback:_the_Board_that_Laughs_at_Us

Relephant
>>
mods should be rotated out every few months 2bh and left in if the majority likes them
>>
ITT people who are angry
>>
Hiro owns a bunch of websites.
>>
>>539319
>the moderation isn't bad
>>
>>540043
Well it isn't.
>>
>>539372
>Which is another problem because if that's true, then he's a fucking idiot for hiring just people he knows as opposed to people with experience.
Where exactly do you think "people with experience" are going to be pulled from? Reddit? SA?
>>
>>540018
hi swaglord.
>>
>>539317
You're insane.
>>
I'll ask here, I got a CP banned IP assigned this morning (filed more than 5 years ago). Question is, are mods still obliged to report that someone tried to use this IP to post or am I free to just change it and go on? I did appeal the ban just in case.
>>
>>540086
I doubt the mods would care about ban evading unless you spam, or constantly post cp or some shit.
>>
>>540086
That happens quite a lot in the era of mobile posting.
>>
>>539385
>Weirdly enough /v/ is moderated somewhat well now
Are you serious? It's the biggest shithole on the site right now after /b/ and I see no improvements
>>
>>540052
u kno that wasnt me bc i would have said "in this ITT"
>>
>>539368
>Hiro could fire everyone on the team right now, pick two random posters from the top ten boards as new mods, and have a better crew than we have now

look how well that experiment went with 8chan :^)
>>
>>540348
And guess what swaglord? Those admins are 10 times better than you. In fact their /v/ and /g/ boards are moderated better than ours. it sucks that a cripple is smarter than a manlet. I'm sorry you're so self absorbed in yourself to realize that. But you don't get it: People don't like the mods at all. Hiro wanted this site to be for us, not for Swaglord and friends. And guess what? You're buddy moot isn't around anymore.

So either grow up and moderate properly or you'll see more and more of these threads
>>
>>540348
Also I'd rather have Hiro boot your ass to the curb and hire his Japanese buddies
>>
>>540298
What he means by "moderated" is that trump-posting gets deleted.
>>
>>539319
>>540045
Wrong tab, reddit.
>>
>>540348
8ch's admins are better since they don't hold the site hostage from its owner like a bunch of egotistical manlets.

Maybe if you weren't so short you'd finally LEARN how to moderate properly
>>
>>540593
This. They go against Hiro's words and hiro wouldn't know because he's oblivious to anything that isn't spammed on his twitter
>>
>>539392 >>539402 >>540043 >>540588

Name a website as big as 4chan with better moderation.
>>
>>540371
>Japanese buddies
FUUUCK no.
That's how the whole fucking mod issues started, moot hired his cuck friends and they've been shat into moderation.
Also what if they don't speak English, the moderation would be as black and white as "if you see the word btfo, ban thread". At that point we might as well have filters.
>>
>>540614

Every eastern image board
>>
>>540623
Sounds like the problem is with westerners, not the mods.
>>
>>540614
>as big as 4chan

Your entire argument falls apart without this qualifier when you compare 8ch to 4chan
>>
>>540616
Anything is better than swaglord and co.

>>540593
Poor swaglord, he can't stand it that a cripple is smarter than a manlet chad like him. News flash Jay, chicks don't like manlets
>>
>>540638
>he calls it 8ch
Hello 8gag.
>>
>>540638
If 8gag had any boards as large as any of 4chan's boards, it would have the same problems. It's an inevitibility of size.

Lainchan has perfect moderation and like 5 posts an hour. That doesn't mean Lainchan's moderation is good, just that they have less on their plate.
>>
>>540647
Hello manlet
>>
>>539317
>tumblrtale
>>
so the mods are manlets? is that why they're such insufferable faggots? because of an inferiority complex?
>>
You can't compare 8gag with 4chan. 8gag boards are created and moderated by the users themselves, so it's very different.
>>
>>540691
You're right. It's exactly like reddit and just as cancerous.
>>
>>540689
Swaglord is like 5'6"
>>
>>540697
I'm actually 5'3 I just look bigger in pics :^)
>>
>>540713
So you admit you're a manlet. And you just so happen to ignore this

>>540365

Are you afraid or something?
>>
File: 1456670798255.gif (795KB, 245x168px) Image search: [Google]
1456670798255.gif
795KB, 245x168px
>>539317
>they could all just leave, and then we'd have no moderation.
Oh no, please anything but that

He could literally go outside, throw a rock, and hit a better mod team than we currently have.

Hell, just tell him to get some of his Japanese buddies to run the site and it would probably be better than this without them even knowing english
>>
>>540813
to be honest, japanese mods would probably be way better at cracking down on the riajuu that are coming in from facebook and reddit than our current team
>>
>>540787
haha just kidding i'm like 4'11 which makes me a really huge little person

eat crap manlets!!
>>
File: me shooting in the middle.jpg (115KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
me shooting in the middle.jpg
115KB, 960x540px
>>540886
just kidding again here's me at 5'10 standing next to my dad who is 6' but im in the foreground so i look taller also guns :^)
>>
>>540887
Who are these other people?

Also, I always imagined swaglord with shorter shorts. Those are too long and I don't like it
>>
>>540886
No see you're dodging the question again. You keep running around the fact that 8gag moderation is more competent than our moderation, specially yours.

You just gonna run circles and continue to get butthurt or will you actually answer the question Jay?
>>
>>541152
>>541152
no the question was
>so the mods are manlets? is that why they're such insufferable faggots? because of an inferiority complex?

and i answered it :^)
>>
>>540887
Don't lie, you are the girl.
>>
>>541316
Swaglord do u eat cereal with or without milk
>>
>>541328
i dont eat cereal
>>
>>541344
im into vore though
>>
File: 00.jpg (48KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
00.jpg
48KB, 480x270px
>>541344
What kind of a man doesn't eat cereal?
>>
>>541353
if im gonna eat empty calories, i'm gonna make it worth it and eat some peach cobbler or something
>>
>>541316
Now you see why people despise the current moderation. You're just trying to be a little dickhead and dodge the questions about 8ch mods and admins being more competent than you.

So I'll just keep pressing you on it until you either

A. Go to 8ch yourself, go on their /tech/ board or whatever, and try to make it seem like you're the better mod.

or

B. Come clean about everything, such as why you constantly disrespect Hiro, why the mods ban topics they don't like, and what you're going to do for a real job
>>
>>540713
>>540886
>>540887
WHEN
WILL HE
EVER LEARN
>>
>>541508
prolly never shaking my smdh
>>
also trips
>>
>>541665
>>541666
Once again dodging the questions Jay

>>541367

You really are afraid aren't you? If you got nothing to hide why not just go there right now and say something?
>>
>>541683
aint got nothin 2 say aint already been said, my dude
>>
>>541344
So you wouldn't...eat me?
Damn it...
>>
>>541694
aka "Fuck you I'm not going to answer your question because you're wrong and I'm right and lalalalalalala"

No wonder people hate mods swaglord. Arrogance like yours only shows why people are demanding changes. I guess you really are afraid to prove your point that 4chan mods are better than 8ch mods. Name one thing 4chan mods do better than 8ch mods
>>
>>541850
Most didn't sell out
>>
>>541876
And most 4chan mods are retards who can't do their jobs. They can't moderate /v/, they can't moderate /a/, they can't moderate /int/, all they can do is delete anything they personally don't like.

But what would a swaglord ass kisser from /s4s/ know?
>>
>>541829
It's okay, milkless, I'll eat you instead.

Eat you out, that is.
>>
>>541884
>But what would a swaglord ass kisser from /s4s/ know?
Clearly he knows how to keep you chasing a dead end.

Like with all namefags they try to keep up some particular persona no matter where they are. Mods are probably no different. Swaglord is known for [s4s] so he acts like [s4s] even when he's not there.

and contrary to what many people think [s4s] usually does know exactly what it's doing. People don't spend all day on a board that satirises every tiny detail of the whole of 4chan without developing the ability to stay 2 steps ahead of you.
>>
>>541884
>they can't moderate /a/
Yes they do.
>>
>>541884
milkless cereal is not from [s4s], he is too rude. Also i've never seen him there.

t. s4s pro

EDIT: Just checked the archives and he has 53 posts on [s4s] apparently. that may seem like a lot to you figs but the average namefig on esfores has nearly 10000 because of spamming and impersonating and impersonators spamming
>>
>>542050
oh fug he's onto me :^O
>>
File: 1448141080792s.jpg (3KB, 125x120px) Image search: [Google]
1448141080792s.jpg
3KB, 125x120px
Alright so here are my two cents on this, i noticed the same pattern pointed out by the OP for some time now because just the other day one of your mods gave me a global 24h ban for "breaking global rule #3", what happened basically was that some faggot in a thread started an argument and called me names for assuming i was le ebil /pol/ boogeyman, then countered this with insults/ad homs of my own in response and then my response to said faggot was very quickly deleted and i got the ban mentioned above. The thing is that this wasn't the first time this had happened (someone starts an argument in some random thread out of the blue, i'm defending myself with light bantz and get banned + the post deleted for it, other guy gets left alone completely because presumably he was the one who filed the report in the first place) according to this pattern, and what's even funnier is that my other posts in that thread supposedly "in violation of global rule #3" too were left alone, it was just that one short comeback response to the faggot that was deleted because it contained one "racist" word or something.

I mean it's funny how that works, do these SJW faggots just get so angry and buttfrustrated every single time that they have to hit the report button soon as they lost an argument or can't handle the banter with the mods then acting on it?

If you say those are the rules and that this kind of safe space/feelgood atmosphere must be maintained at all costs with no bantz allowed then that's all fine and dandy and all that - But like the OP said, why the actual fuck does this have to be done in such an utterly unpredictable and erratic manner?

In addition to that, you see threads and posts popping up "violating" that (VERY interpretative btw) rule all the fucking time across all boards, you'd basically have to eradicate 90% of all the sites' content + lingo if you *really* consistently wanted to enforce it. I guess that's one of the reasons for the shitty current mod practice
>>
>>542572
I guarantee you're misrepresenting the situation somehow. Go ahead, link your post. I find it interesting that you're willing to type all that but you didn't actually link the post that got deleted. I wonder what you're afraid of...
>>
>>542572
See, I just ignored all of that because you posted an Anthro avatar with your post.
>>
>>539319
>X was always shit
Back to >>>/b/, kid.
>>
Just curious but, where the fuck are the new /int/ janitors?

I thought the board would improve but it's still shit. They go on deletion rampages every once in a while and then disappear.
>>
>>539371
/q/ was a mistake.
>>
>>543273
/qa/ was a mistake
>>
BY THE BALLS.
>>
>>542052
They used to. All the mods who used to know anything about the board have been murdered, and the only person you have left is Troid, who hates anything related to anime with all of his might.
Thread posts: 88
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.